pixeltracker

Tracie Thoms to close Rent Broadway- Page 2

Tracie Thoms to close Rent Broadway

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#25re: Tracie Thoms to close Rent Broadway
Posted: 7/19/08 at 12:13pm

You're welcome, winston89. I am just making up for what you are lacking. :)

LMAO. You're my new favorite.

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

singalongsong2 Profile Photo
singalongsong2
#26re: Tracie Thoms to close Rent Broadway
Posted: 7/19/08 at 12:38pm

That's awesome. She seems very excited in her blog! Good for her!

winston89 Profile Photo
winston89
#27re: Tracie Thoms to close Rent Broadway
Posted: 7/19/08 at 1:02pm

"You're welcome, winston89. I am just making up for what you are lacking. :)"

Wow BroadwaySeventh2. Last time I heard an insult like that was in the 7th grade. Really. If you want to insult someone at least try to be mature about it. Although I get the impression that maturity is hard for you. Don't worry you'll get there.

And, also the whole "I heard from her" thing doesn't work with me either. Because that doesn't hold water. Anyone can say they heard something but there is noting there to back it up.

"If you try to shag my husband while I am still alive, I will shove the art of motorcycle maintenance up your rancid little Cu**. That's a good dear" Tom Stoppard's Rock N Roll
Updated On: 7/19/08 at 01:02 PM

KJisgroovy Profile Photo
KJisgroovy
#28re: Tracie Thoms to close Rent Broadway
Posted: 7/19/08 at 1:25pm

BroadwaynSeventh doesn't know the difference between aloud and allowed... I wouldn't get too offended.

kmc

Jesus saves. I spend.

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#29re: Tracie Thoms to close Rent Broadway
Posted: 7/19/08 at 1:50pm

And, also the whole "I heard from her" thing doesn't work with me either. Because that doesn't hold water. Anyone can say they heard something but there is noting there to back it up.

But it can still be true.

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

cmars1010
#30re: Tracie Thoms to close Rent Broadway
Posted: 7/19/08 at 2:25pm

Does anyone have any discount codes that work for Rent? I am hoping to go on July 31st!!

playbills Profile Photo
playbills
#31re: Tracie Thoms to close Rent Broadway
Posted: 7/19/08 at 2:26pm

Just read this on her blog and I'm SO excited for her. That is going to be an amazing final show.

mormonophobic Profile Photo
mormonophobic
#32re: Tracie Thoms to close Rent Broadway
Posted: 7/19/08 at 2:44pm

Do you think this will be the last major Rent announcement before it closes? Because just earlier this week Gwen Stewart from the Original Cast announced her return until close and now this. I'm wondering if I should see it ASAP or wait as long as possible. Maybe even more people will come along and make it all the more amazing.

DevotedNonBeliever Profile Photo
DevotedNonBeliever
#33re: Tracie Thoms to close Rent Broadway
Posted: 7/19/08 at 2:51pm

theats cool shes auditioned multiple times before the movie

"So what's on the clipboard for today, Candy?" "Well as I'm sure you know the school board is meeting with the city council to discuss whether or not the library should be allowed to carry "Heather has One Mommy AND One Daddy".

coolkid11776
#34re: Tracie Thoms to close Rent Broadway
Posted: 7/19/08 at 2:53pm

I heard that Anthony [MIGHT]be coming back in August. I heard this from the same place that I heard Gwen[MIGHT] be coming back to close the show. I have a feeling Anthony is coming back they just can't say anything till an announcment is official.

Rent The best show on Broadway. I was at the closing. BEST night of my Life. April 29th 1996-September 7th 2008 12 years of love "No Day But Today"

EponineAmneris Profile Photo
EponineAmneris
#35re: Tracie Thoms to close Rent Broadway
Posted: 7/19/08 at 3:09pm

Good for her re: Tracie Thoms to close Rent Broadway

"TO LOVE ANOTHER PERSON IS TO SEE THE FACE OF GOD"- LES MISERABLES--- "THERE'S A SPECIAL KIND OF PEOPLE KNOWN AS SHOW PEOPLE... WE'RE BORN EVERY NIGHT AT HALF HOUR CALL!"--- CURTAINS

BroadwaynSeventh2 Profile Photo
BroadwaynSeventh2
#36re: Tracie Thoms to close Rent Broadway
Posted: 7/19/08 at 3:26pm

Winston, would you like to see the email? Stop being an asshole because you know I was right.

Anyways guys, YAY FOR TRACIE!

millie_dillmount Profile Photo
millie_dillmount
#37re: Tracie Thoms to close Rent Broadway
Posted: 7/19/08 at 3:59pm

"But expect to feel like a retard when she announces it soon."

"Stop being an asshole because you know I was right."

Ah, just leave winston89 alone. He chose not to believe you - so what? You didn't have a link, and the argument "I heard it from an official source/someone in the show/the actor" doesn't always hold water here (remember the whole Aaron Tveit/West Side Story fiasco?), even if the person eventually turns out to be correct. Congrats on you for being "right," but tone down your ego because you think you broke some really important news.

P.S. If you read winston's first post, he was only mentioning that he didn't believe it because Merle mentioned on a webpage/blog that she would be in the closing Rent cast. So there was no need for the immature "retard" comment.

"We like to snark around here. Sometimes we actually talk about theater...but we try not to let that get in our way." - dramamama611
Updated On: 7/19/08 at 03:59 PM

broadwayfan7 Profile Photo
broadwayfan7
#38re: Tracie Thoms to close Rent Broadway
Posted: 7/19/08 at 4:12pm

Yay for Tracie!

"Everytime you step on that stage it is somebody's first Broadway show and somebody's last Broadway show. Make it count."

orangeskittles Profile Photo
orangeskittles
#39re: Tracie Thoms to close Rent Broadway
Posted: 7/19/08 at 4:50pm

millie_dillmount, I agree.

Yeah, you were right, but that doesn't mean people aren't allowed to be skeptical. It could be true but it also could be some idiot poster who's bored and wants to cause chaos and drama like TooDarnHot did. And based on your attitude in this thread, obviously causing drama is a higher priority than merely passing on Rent news.

Like a firework unexploded
Wanting life but never knowing how

Broadway212 Profile Photo
Broadway212
#40re: Tracie Thoms to close Rent Broadway
Posted: 7/19/08 at 6:28pm

This is such great news. Wow the closing cast of Rent has to be the strongest cast in a while in my opinion.

Ole Chum
#41re: Tracie Thoms to close Rent Broadway
Posted: 7/19/08 at 9:52pm

anyone know what happened to merle dandridge? is she starting spamalot early? something else come up? it seems strange that she would suddenly disappear after being touted as the "final joanne"

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#42re: Tracie Thoms to close Rent Broadway
Posted: 7/19/08 at 9:55pm

I heard that Anthony [MIGHT]be coming back in August. I heard this from the same place that I heard Gwen[MIGHT] be coming back to close the show. I have a feeling Anthony is coming back they just can't say anything till an announcment is official.

Darling, why would anyone believe you? And you have a "feeling?" Since when is your gut a source of trustworthy information?

Anthony has a commitment directly following his run in Some Americans Abroad: http://www.playbill.com/news/article/119354.html

I am very excited to see Tracie tear it up live.

A work of art is an invitation to love.

millie_dillmount
#43re: Tracie Thoms to close Rent Broadway
Posted: 7/19/08 at 10:11pm

"Darling, why would anyone believe you?"

Um, because she heard it from a reliable source??? Remember, we MUST always trust someone who hears it from some unnamed person...come on now!!!

re: Tracie Thoms to close Rent Broadway

"We like to snark around here. Sometimes we actually talk about theater...but we try not to let that get in our way." - dramamama611

sweetdisaster Profile Photo
sweetdisaster
#44re: Tracie Thoms to close Rent Broadway
Posted: 7/19/08 at 10:24pm

Well, I wasn't planning on seeing it again before closing, but I might have to go back to see her.

shiz_student94
#45re: Tracie Thoms to close Rent Broadway
Posted: 7/19/08 at 10:28pm

I'm kinda psyched for this..I hope I get to see it in late August when I'm back in the city!! This closing cast is going to be amazing.

"Sing 'till you're breaking glass or you're breaking down"

coolkid11776
#46re: Tracie Thoms to close Rent Broadway
Posted: 7/19/08 at 10:36pm

I heard this was someone whom I can't name.

Rent The best show on Broadway. I was at the closing. BEST night of my Life. April 29th 1996-September 7th 2008 12 years of love "No Day But Today"

millie_dillmount
#47re: Tracie Thoms to close Rent Broadway
Posted: 7/20/08 at 12:13am

Updated On: 7/20/08 at 12:13 AM

winston89 Profile Photo
winston89
#48re: Tracie Thoms to close Rent Broadway
Posted: 7/20/08 at 12:45am

Millie,

thanks for the backup. Means a lot.

BroadwaynSeventh2, I wasn't being an asshole because you were right. I was being an asshole because you were VERY immature about the whole thing.

"If you try to shag my husband while I am still alive, I will shove the art of motorcycle maintenance up your rancid little Cu**. That's a good dear" Tom Stoppard's Rock N Roll
Updated On: 7/20/08 at 12:45 AM

LePetiteFromage
Posted: 7/20/08 at 12:53am

Updated On: 5/2/09 at 12:53 AM

Videos