pixeltracker

HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements- Page 20

HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements

neonlightsxo
#475HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 8/3/16 at 4:52pm

Any word (rumored perhaps) on a new Lafayette/Jefferson? Or even a date we should be getting one?

CassandraReads Profile Photo
CassandraReads
#476HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 8/3/16 at 4:57pm

I am so freaking excited that Mandy will be joining the cast! Adore her!! I would love to see Adam Pascal in there, too!! 

toofunktastic2
#477HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 8/3/16 at 5:08pm

I remember seeing a post on instagram by someone with a rehearsal book who seemed to be claiming to be the replacement, but unfortunately it's nearly impossible to find anything on instagram unless you know exactly where you're looking. 

oncemorewithfeeling2 Profile Photo
oncemorewithfeeling2
#478HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 8/3/16 at 7:07pm

Jevon McFerrin has made a few instagram/twitter posts about learning the role, but a later post by him referred to him learning the track as the new first cover for Lafayette/Jefferson and one other role, so I suspect he's either coming in as an new ensemble member/swing or stand by.

Mediamaven2
#479HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 8/4/16 at 3:46pm

CarlosAlberto said: "Brian Stokes Mitchell as George Washington?!?!?! He will look like Grandpa Moses up on that stage with the rest of that relatively young cast. 

That is most definitely a no can do. 

Disagree re the age factor...I think Mr Stokes Mitchell can easily pass for being in his 40s, though I just looked him up and see that he is older. George Washington was around that age when the events in the story /Revolutionary War take place, so why not?  He certainly has the stage presence and gravitas among other qualities...

Updated On: 8/6/16 at 03:46 PM

neonlightsxo
#480HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 8/4/16 at 3:55pm

CassandraReads said: "I am so freaking excited that Mandy will be joining the cast! Adore her!! I would love to see Adam Pascal in there, too!! "

Adam Pascal? You know we're talking about HAMILTON right?

macnyc Profile Photo
macnyc
#481HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 8/4/16 at 4:05pm

Mediamaven2 said: "CarlosAlberto said: "Brian Stokes Mitchell as George Washington?!?!?! He will look like Grandpa Moses up on that stage with the rest of that relatively young cast. 

That is most definitely a no can do. 

Disagree re the age factor...I think Mr Stokes Williams can easily pass for being in his 40s, though I just looked him up and see that he is older. George Washington was around that age when the events in the story /Revolutionary War take place, so why not?  He certainly has the stage presence and gravitas among other qualities...
"

Count me in as a supporter for Brian Stokes Mitchell! He is almost 60, but I agree he could pass for younger. If that gets done, we just have to find a Hamilton role for Billy Porter!

ray-andallthatjazz86 Profile Photo
ray-andallthatjazz86
#482HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 8/4/16 at 4:35pm

I think if we can buy a man of color as Washington, a youthful older actor like Mitchell should be fine. He'd be perfectly cast as a fatherly figure, remember Washington was considerably older than Hamilton.

And Pascal is a terrible actor. Please keep him very far from this show.

"Some people can thrive and bloom living life in a living room, that's perfect for some people of one hundred and five. But I at least gotta try, when I think of all the sights that I gotta see, all the places I gotta play, all the things that I gotta be at"

ebontoyan
#483HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 8/4/16 at 5:04pm

I'd like to see Billy Porter in Hamilton! Does he rap??!

macnyc Profile Photo
macnyc
#484HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 8/4/16 at 5:09pm

Good question! I don't know.

Washington was 23 years older than Hamilton.

Jmjazz
#485HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 8/5/16 at 10:48am

ebontoyan said: "I'd like to see Billy Porter in Hamilton! Does he rap??!

I wouldn't.  Don't like the way he treats fans. 

"

IslandBoy27
#486HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 8/5/16 at 12:44pm

Jmjazz said: "ebontoyan said: "I'd like to see Billy Porter in Hamilton! Does he rap??!

I wouldn't.  Don't like the way he treats fans. 

???? THIS. 

Adair Haywind
#487HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 8/5/16 at 12:47pm

^Is Billy rude to fans?

neonlightsxo
#488HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 8/5/16 at 12:50pm

I don't know anything about how Billy Porter treats fans, but that's certainly not a reason for someone to not be in a show or get a role.

ray-andallthatjazz86 Profile Photo
ray-andallthatjazz86
#489HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 8/5/16 at 11:38pm

Jmjazz said: "ebontoyan said: "I'd like to see Billy Porter in Hamilton! Does he rap?? "

I wouldn't.  Don't like the way he treats fans. "

What a silly thing to say. Porter is a talented actor, that's all that matters when it comes to casting him or not.

"Some people can thrive and bloom living life in a living room, that's perfect for some people of one hundred and five. But I at least gotta try, when I think of all the sights that I gotta see, all the places I gotta play, all the things that I gotta be at"

Jmjazz
#490HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 8/6/16 at 10:22am

ray-andallthatjazz86 said: "Jmjazz said: "ebontoyan said: "I'd like to see Billy Porter in Hamilton! Does he rap?? "

I wouldn't.  Don't like the way he treats fans. "

What a silly thing to say. Porter is a talented actor, that's all that matters when it comes to casting him or not.

Entitled to my opinion.  

"

Huss417 Profile Photo
Huss417
#491HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 8/6/16 at 10:29am

Everyone is entitled to their opinions but when you make a statement like you did it does help to explain your reasoning behind it.

"I hope your Fanny is bigger than my Peter." Mary Martin to Ezio Pinza opening night of Fanny.

rjm516
#492HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 8/6/16 at 10:52am

I can't really see Billy Porter in any Hamilton role, EXCEPT -

How fantastic would he be doing the opening to 'What'd I Miss'?? I can imagine him strutting in with a pimp cane singing "France is following us to revolution there is no more status quo" in that smoky voice and it would be AMAZING! 

Jmjazz
#493HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 8/6/16 at 11:25am

neonlightsxo said: "Any word (rumored perhaps) on a new Lafayette/Jefferson? Or even a date we should be getting one?

I'm curious about that too. I just saw that they cast Chris Le (@officialclee)e for the roles in Chicago.  No word yet though on Daveed's replacement here in NY.

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#494HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 8/6/16 at 11:37am

Working link:

https://www.instagram.com/theofficialchrislee/

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

Mediamaven2
#495HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 8/6/16 at 1:02pm

Ops I see that in my earlier post I referred to Brian Stokes Mitchell as Brian Stokes  "Williams"  by mistake/typo. I corrected my original post but I see the original commented on has the mistake still. Sorry if I confused anyone but thanks MacNYC as clearly in articulating my original opinion which you included in your post, I didn't confuse you.

Thomas Williams
#496HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 8/6/16 at 3:57pm

Sorry if this has already been shared, but here's Chris Lee as Benny in "In the Heights" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8QL7HZx77Rw

BroadwayConcierge Profile Photo
BroadwayConcierge
#497HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 8/8/16 at 11:37pm

Any inside word on Dixon's start date as Burr? We're getting very close to "mid-August"... HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements

DottieD'Luscia Profile Photo
DottieD'Luscia
#498HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 8/9/16 at 8:51am

I know that Sydney is on as Burr all next week, so maybe Brandon starts August 22nd (just speculating).

For those who have seen Lexi, has she been given a long mourning coat for It's Quiet Uptown, as opposed to the bolero the understudies seem to be wearing?

Hey Dottie! Did your colleagues enjoy the cake even though your cat decided to sit on it? ~GuyfromGermany

CarlosAlberto Profile Photo
CarlosAlberto
#499HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 8/9/16 at 9:26am

Adair Haywind said: "^Is Billy rude to fans?

No. I have met Billy Porter many, many times and he has never been rude to me, and I'm a fan.

...and Brian Stokes Mitchell looked like he was in his 40s about 20 years ago...

But y'all can dream....

Updated On: 8/9/16 at 09:26 AM

Videos