pixeltracker

NBC's ANNIE LIVE! (2021) - News & Discussion Thread- Page 20

NBC's ANNIE LIVE! (2021) - News & Discussion Thread

Theatre Fan3
#475NBC will present ANNIE LIVE! for 2021 holiday season
Posted: 12/1/21 at 4:42pm

Here in the midwest it runs from 7:00 - 10:00 PM.

Tag Profile Photo
Tag
#476NBC will present ANNIE LIVE! for 2021 holiday season
Posted: 12/1/21 at 4:59pm

smallvillefan16 said: "BCfitasafiddle said: "Tag said: "I'm surprised to see the airtime is 8-11PM, which is too late for what is basically a children's show."

On a school night too.
"

Then DVR it or record it. No one says you HAVE to watch it live. People complain about the most ridiculous and bombastic things on this forum. If you want your kid to watch it, you'll find a way. It's also on peacock the day after so you and your little ones can watch WHENEVER they want. Must be the same people that complain Annie's red dress wasn't "Annie" enough. :: eye roll ::"

NBC will present ANNIE LIVE! for 2021 holiday season

bwayobsessed
#477NBC will present ANNIE LIVE! for 2021 holiday season
Posted: 12/1/21 at 5:42pm

If it’s at all entertaining I will forfeit an hour of sleep to finish it. If not I’ll go to bed at 10 and finish it streaming some other time.

NOWaWarning Profile Photo
NOWaWarning
#478NBC will present ANNIE LIVE! for 2021 holiday season
Posted: 12/1/21 at 5:53pm

Tag said: "Yes, but this is particularly a kid's show. Unlike the others (with the exception of maybe Peter Pan). Seems like a 7PM start would have made more sense.

I mean, let's be real though, judging by past attempts, most people will have changed the channel by 8:30PM anyway..."

Oh, I agree. But these events have always tried to court a family audience, with the exception of Rent. So I’ve always thought the late night on a weekday was counter-intuitive.

And to smallville, I’m not complaining. I’m a night owl anyway. I’m just saying I find it a questionable  business decision.

BrodyFosse123 Profile Photo
BrodyFosse123
BCfitasafiddle
#480NBC will present ANNIE LIVE! for 2021 holiday season
Posted: 12/1/21 at 6:14pm

smallvillefan16 said: "BCfitasafiddle said: "Tag said: "I'm surprised to see the airtime is 8-11PM, which is too late for what is basically a children's show."

On a school night too.
"

Then DVR it or record it. No one says you HAVE to watch it live. People complain about the most ridiculous and bombastic things on this forum. If you want your kid to watch it, you'll find a way. It's also on peacock the day after so you and your little ones can watch WHENEVER they want. Must be the same people that complain Annie's red dress wasn't "Annie" enough. :: eye roll ::

"

Not complaining at all! smiley

smallvillefan16
#481NBC will present ANNIE LIVE! for 2021 holiday season
Posted: 12/1/21 at 7:05pm

I think my message came off as more rude than just stating facts, so I do apologize if anyone thought I was being a d-ck.

Jesse58
#482NBC will present ANNIE LIVE! for 2021 holiday season
Posted: 12/2/21 at 12:37am

Is there any way could I watch this live on the west coast? My TV lists the show at 8 pm (pacific), but of course, the actual live show will be ending by then. I’ve tried the NBC app, but it has the same time issue as my TV. Apologies if this question has already been asked. 

BWayBound115 Profile Photo
BWayBound115
#483NBC will present ANNIE LIVE! for 2021 holiday season
Posted: 12/2/21 at 9:41am

I attended the final dress rehearsal/back-up taping last night. The energy in the room was amazing, I can't wait to see how this translates on screen. Talent was top notch across the board. Celina has so much charisma. She is the perfect Annie. The dancing was incredible. The sets were beautiful. If tonight is half as good as last night, then I think NBC has a really really fantastic night on their hands. It finally felt like they have found their groove with the Live! musicals.

Tag Profile Photo
Tag
#484NBC will present ANNIE LIVE! for 2021 holiday season
Posted: 12/2/21 at 11:21am

BWayBound115 said: "I attended the final dress rehearsal/back-up taping last night. The energy in the room was amazing, I can't wait to see how this translates on screen. Talent was top notch across the board. Celina has so much charisma. She is the perfect Annie. The dancing was incredible. The sets were beautiful. If tonight is half as good as last night, then I think NBC has a really really fantastic night on their hands. It finally felt like they have found their groove with the Live! musicals."

Are the sets the ones depicted in the trailer?

BCfitasafiddle
#485NBC will present ANNIE LIVE! for 2021 holiday season
Posted: 12/2/21 at 11:23am

BWayBound115 said: "I attended the final dress rehearsal/back-up taping last night. The energy in the room was amazing, I can't wait to see how this translates on screen. Talent was top notch across the board. Celina has so much charisma. She is the perfect Annie. The dancing was incredible. The sets were beautiful. If tonight is half as good as last night, then I think NBC has a really really fantastic night on their hands. It finally felt like they have found their groove with the Live! musicals."

This is so exciting!

BWayBound115 Profile Photo
BWayBound115
#486NBC will present ANNIE LIVE! for 2021 holiday season
Posted: 12/2/21 at 11:27am

Tag said: "BWayBound115 said: "I attended the final dress rehearsal/back-up taping last night. The energy in the room was amazing, I can't wait to see how this translates on screen. Talent was top notch across the board. Celina has so much charisma. She is the perfect Annie. The dancing was incredible. The sets were beautiful. If tonight is half as good as last night, then I think NBC has a really really fantastic night on their hands. It finally felt like they have found their groove with the Live! musicals."

"

Yes, except when Nicole is dancing with the men's ensemble. I'm guessing that was just choreo for the trailer. She is absolutely STUNNING during "We Got Annie" and there were so many moving parts, trusses with flowers, chaise lounges, staircases rolling around. I cannot wait to see what that number looks like on TV.

BCfitasafiddle
#487NBC will present ANNIE LIVE! for 2021 holiday season
Posted: 12/2/21 at 11:33am

BWayBound115 said: "Tag said: "BWayBound115 said: "I attended the final dress rehearsal/back-up taping last night. The energy in the room was amazing, I can't wait to see how this translates on screen. Talent was top notch across the board. Celina has so much charisma. She is the perfect Annie. The dancing was incredible. The sets were beautiful. If tonight is half as good as last night, then I think NBC has a really really fantastic night on their hands. It finally felt like they have found their groove with the Live! musicals."

"

Yes, except when Nicole is dancing with the men's ensemble. I'm guessing that was just choreo for the trailer. She is absolutely STUNNING during "We Got Annie" and there were so many moving parts, trusses with flowers, chaise lounges, staircases rolling around. I cannot wait to see what that number looks like on TV.

"

SO glad "We Got Annie" is included! Wow. Such a great number to highlight Grace who doesn't have enough. Especially with a talent like Nicole. She's fabulous. 

jacobsnchz14 Profile Photo
jacobsnchz14
#488NBC will present ANNIE LIVE! for 2021 holiday season
Posted: 12/2/21 at 11:56am

I will continue to petition for EVITA LIVE! starring Nicole Scherzinger. 

fashionguru_23 Profile Photo
fashionguru_23
#489NBC will present ANNIE LIVE! for 2021 holiday season
Posted: 12/2/21 at 1:07pm

I still think the best moment of the whole show was the reprise of Tomorrow they gave to Audra's Grace in 1999.

"Ok ok ok ok ok ok ok. Have you guys heard about fidget spinners!?" ~Patti LuPone

EDSOSLO858 Profile Photo
EDSOSLO858
#490NBC will present ANNIE LIVE! for 2021 holiday season
Posted: 12/2/21 at 1:09pm

fashionguru_23 said: "I still think the best moment of the whole show was the reprise of Tomorrow they gave to Audra's Grace in 1999."

OMG, is it in the live version (if you were at final dress last night)? I grew up with the 1999 adaptation and that part made me cry every time.

Oh look, a bibu!
Updated On: 12/2/21 at 01:09 PM

SoCalDirector
#491NBC will present ANNIE LIVE! for 2021 holiday season
Posted: 12/2/21 at 2:58pm

I read some where that Vanessa Hudgens is playing Eleanor.   She seems very young for the part.    Beth Leavel would have been a brilliant replacement.

Miles Robert Mills

EDSOSLO858 Profile Photo
EDSOSLO858
#492NBC will present ANNIE LIVE! for 2021 holiday season
Posted: 12/2/21 at 3:00pm

SoCalDirector said: "I read some where that Vanessa Hudgens is playing Eleanor. She seems very young for the part. Beth Leavel would have been a brilliant replacement."

I’m sure Hudgens will be lovely, but considering The Prom, was the Leavel reference supposed to be a joke? 

Oh look, a bibu!

Jeffrey Karasarides Profile Photo
Jeffrey Karasarides
#493NBC will present ANNIE LIVE! for 2021 holiday season
Posted: 12/2/21 at 3:26pm

SoCalDirector said: "I read some where that Vanessa Hudgens is playing Eleanor. She seems very young for the part."

According to Wikipedia. Though when I clicked on the source for that piece of information, it was mainly referring to an interview where Vanessa gave advice to the cast.

Dollypop
#494NBC will present ANNIE LIVE! for 2021 holiday season
Posted: 12/2/21 at 3:30pm

After seeing (and hearing) snippets from the show, I'm still not convinced Connick is vocally right for Warbucks.

"Long live God!" (GODSPELL)

Jeffrey Karasarides Profile Photo
Jeffrey Karasarides
#495NBC will present ANNIE LIVE! for 2021 holiday season
Posted: 12/2/21 at 3:32pm

In anticipation of tonight's telecast, here is a feature I've written for BroadwayWorld about the history of this beloved musical.

BWW Exclusive: A History of ANNIE on Broadway and Beyond

Theatre Fan3
#496NBC will present ANNIE LIVE! for 2021 holiday season
Posted: 12/2/21 at 3:42pm

SoCalDirector said: "I read some where that Vanessa Hudgens is playing Eleanor. She seems very young for the part. Beth Leavel would have been a brilliant replacement."

BWayBound115 attended the final dress rehearsal last night so they should be able to tell us who is playing
Eleanor.

nativenewyorker2
#497NBC will present ANNIE LIVE! for 2021 holiday season
Posted: 12/2/21 at 3:55pm

Theatre Fan3 said: "SoCalDirector said: "I read some where that Vanessa Hudgens is playing Eleanor. She seems very young for the part. Beth Leavel would have been a brilliant replacement."

BWayBound115 attended the final dress rehearsal last night so they should be able to tell us who is playing
Eleanor.
"

They just gave it to an ensemble member. Def was not Vanessa Hudgens

pmensky
#498NBC will present ANNIE LIVE! for 2021 holiday season
Posted: 12/2/21 at 5:28pm

Dollypop said: "After seeing (and hearing) snippets from the show, I'm still not convinced Connick is vocally right for Warbucks."

What makes you think he is vocally wrong for the role? Did you think Victor Garber was a good fit when he played the part?

jacobsnchz14 Profile Photo
jacobsnchz14
#499NBC will present ANNIE LIVE! for 2021 holiday season
Posted: 12/2/21 at 5:57pm

Not to knock on the ensemble member, but can you imagine if Eleanor was a surprise cameo like Bernadette or Carol Burnett just for kicks and grins?

Videos