pixeltracker

The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]- Page 22

The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#525The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 3/23/16 at 7:59pm

Steve C -- that was a very nice post, while I can't speak for Nic (obviously) I'm pretty sure you cleared up any thing that needed it.  So thank you for continuing to be a stand up guy.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

BroadwayConcierge Profile Photo
BroadwayConcierge
#526The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 3/23/16 at 11:16pm

JK re: my previous post. I found out Emmy went on for Angelica yesterday evening and today's matinee, but Alysha Deslourieux was back as the standby in the role for tonight's performance.

nicnyc Profile Photo
nicnyc
#527The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 3/24/16 at 3:27am

Hi SteveC, Thank you for your nice post and your apology.  It is greatly appreciated.  I also go out of my way to try to be nice and considerate on these boards - and absolutely acknowledge that you usually do too (I'm pretty quiet but I often read and enjoy your posts) - which is part of the reason I was more than a little shocked and upset when I saw your original post. I completely get that I am a crazy theater junkie, I have been since I was 9 years old (I saw Tommy Tune's production of "Nine" starring Raul Julia for my 9th birthday and I was hooked for life) - and I'm now a total Hamilton junkie - and, for once, my crazy passion and insanely obsessive behavior paid off with getting tickets that are now very, very difficult to get.  I have no other vices - so my boyfriend puts up with my insanity - and, occasionally, as been the case with Hamilton - actually enjoy it. :)  We are lucky enough to live on the riverfront in Jersey  & I can be in the city in 1/2 an hour via ferry - and it is extremely fortuitous that my boyfriend (who goes to great lengths to indulge me) passes the Ham lotto on his way home from work.  I always assumed that the majority of people on here were of the same breed - and so I thought my enthusiasm would be read as I intended.  I truly thank you for your understanding and your kindness in responding. I hope you and your husband get to see Hamilton again very soon!  And please post your thoughts after you see "She Loves Me" next week - I'm absolutely crazed with anticipation (the show is very special to me as my boyfriend and I did it together in grad school - he'll always be the most adorable George on the planet to me!) - but I have to wait until May 13th....

sparepart973
#528The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 3/24/16 at 4:01pm

Has anyone sat in the box seats? Namely G and/or F? is the view okay? And dare I ask how much do they normally go for normally?

I don't normally get to go to the US, but I'm considering doing the unthinkable. 

dramamama611
#529The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 3/24/16 at 4:27pm

Most folks have said the higher boxes (E-H) are not good.  But if they are your only option, I say go for it. 

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

Wee Thomas2 Profile Photo
Wee Thomas2
#530The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 3/24/16 at 4:32pm

There's a whole thread devoted to the box seats

sparepart973
#531The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 3/24/16 at 4:38pm

Really? I searched and couldn't find it. 

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#532The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 3/24/16 at 5:09pm

https://forum.broadwayworld.com/readmessage.php?thread=1087460

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

macnyc Profile Photo
macnyc
#533The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 3/24/16 at 5:25pm

Also, if you google A View From My Seat and type in Richard Rodgers theater at the top, you will get lots of photos. Many of them are from the upper and lower boxes, so you can judge for yourself. I believe the price of the lower boxes has been increased to $235, but I don't know that first-hand. I think I read in in the thread that you were given the link for.

Also, the boxes seats must be purchased at the box office. They are not available online. So if you're coming to the U.S. from abroad, buying them will be tricky.

Esgred
#534The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 3/24/16 at 10:13pm

macnyc said: "I believe the price of the lower boxes has been increased to $235, but I don't know that first-hand. I think I read in in the thread that you were given the link for."

I bought my box seats on March 10th.  The lower boxes (A, B, C, D) are $239 per seat.  I kinda doubt there are any box seats left at this point, but one won't know until you actually go to the box office (go NOW) to ask.  The upper boxes were $199 per seat.

sparepart973
#535The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 3/25/16 at 1:53am

They're being resold on ticketmaster.

dramamama611
#536The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 3/25/16 at 6:08am

Esgred said: "macnyc said: "I believe the price of the lower boxes has been increased to $235, but I don't know that first-hand. I think I read in in the thread that you were given the link for."

I bought my box seats on March 10th.  The lower boxes (A, B, C, D) are $239 per seat.  I kinda doubt there are any box seats left at this point, but one won't know until you actually go to the box office (go NOW) to ask.  The upper boxes were $199 per seat.

"

They went up that much!!!??? Unbelievable.  I purchased a set in November, under 200 apiece.  That's a huge jump ( lower boxes)

Also don't know how the can be sold on resale....You get hard tix...nothing to be done electronically.  Anyone know?

macnyc Profile Photo
macnyc
#537The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 3/25/16 at 7:42am

sparepart973 said: "They're being resold on ticketmaster

How is that possible? The box seats are paper tickets. I don't think the boxes even show up on the Ticketmaster seating chart.  Which performance are you seeing them resold for?

Updated On: 3/25/16 at 07:42 AM

NJ_BroadwayGirl Profile Photo
NJ_BroadwayGirl
#538The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 3/25/16 at 7:46am

I don't know the "how" of selling since they are paper tickets, but if you choose to view the resale tickets as a list rather than on the map, they are listed. Perhaps it's the same thing with a new barcode generated that voids the barcode on the existing printed ticket. So if you tried to use the paper ticket that you sold, it wouldn't work. 

I like a good rhyme more than a good time

dramamama611
#539The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 3/25/16 at 9:15am

But how would they know you actually HAD the hard tix?  

macnyc Profile Photo
macnyc
#540The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 3/25/16 at 10:18am

I see box seats for sale on Stubhub, but not on Ticketmaster so far. I've checked only a couple of performances. I still don't see how you can put your paper ticket, which you purchased in person at the theater, into the Ticketmaster system. But maybe the scalpers are smarter than I am. I wouldn't be a bit surprised.

I know some sporting venues have a deal with Ticketmaster that you can enter the bar code number and put them up for sale. But I don't know if Hamilton is doing that.

Stubhub has a seating chart that includes the eight boxes. Ticketmaster does not.

I would not pay anything over regular price for the box seats. They are partial view. But I guess with Hamilton, anything goes!

judebarsto
#541The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 3/25/16 at 10:26am

My husband bought us Hamilton tickets for the 3/19 performance on stubhub. They were front mezzanine, and were paper tickets which were fedex'd to us.  I was worried that they would be fraudulent but that was not the case; they were legit (and VERY expensive) but it was so worth it! Got to see Javier who was outstanding. 

macnyc Profile Photo
macnyc
#542The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 3/25/16 at 10:33am

I think Stubhub is pretty reliable. I think they have a system in place to refund customers for fraudulent tickets.

Another question: Someone on the cancellation line thread I think said that someone behind her on line purchased a ticket from a person who had an extra ticket (which is apparently common).

I think she said that the person approached the box office with the ticket before purchasing and verified that it was legit. Does the box office provide this service? Can anyone confirm?

phan24 Profile Photo
phan24
#543The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 3/25/16 at 1:21pm

The Broadway Cares tumblr page reblogged a picture which has Emmy Raver-Lampman in costume as Angelica (on the right)! Very interesting to see a brand new Angelica in costume The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]

The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]

Phantom4ever
#544The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 3/27/16 at 12:17pm

Wow reading through this thread sure has been illuminating. I had given up on using stubhub for tickets but now I'll reconsider. 

I am seeing the show this Wednesday, March 30 at 8pm. Does anyone know who is playing the role of Hamilton that night, and if any leads are scheduled to be out?  

This is my 3rd time seeing the show but my first time seeing it with an actual paper ticket I purchased from ticketmaster directly. I bought it on November 2. 

It has been tempting to see that seats in the two rows behind me have been posted for re-sale for about $1700-1900 on ticketmaster. Sure would be a hefty profit. But, I would rather see the show than have that money. Am I crazy? lol   Last time I saw the show, I purchased a stubhub ticket and there were still tons of tickets available around my seat. Sure enough, when the lights went down, ALL of those seats were empty.   I wonder how many seats at a given performance go empty because nobody paid thousands of dollars for them?

Blockhead24 Profile Photo
Blockhead24
#545The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 3/27/16 at 12:26pm

Phantom4ever said: "Wow reading through this thread sure has been illuminating. I had given up on using stubhub for tickets but now I'll reconsider. 

I am seeing the show this Wednesday, March 30 at 8pm. Does anyone know who is playing the role of Hamilton that night, and if any leads are scheduled to be out
"

You'll be seeing Javilton 

oncemorewithfeeling2 Profile Photo
oncemorewithfeeling2
#546The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 3/27/16 at 12:28pm

LMM is on vacation next week. Javier Munoz will be on the evening of March 30, per a Twitter announcement.

Phantom4ever
#547The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 3/27/16 at 12:31pm

Well, I just directed a high school production of ITH so seeing LMM would be thrilling, but I did see him last summer as Hamilton. Glad I get to see Benny as GW still. Saw Javier last summer as well (same show as the president by coincidence) and he was great. 

sarahb22 Profile Photo
sarahb22
#548The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 3/27/16 at 12:35pm

I'd love to see 'Hamilton', was actually planning a vacation in NYC in July around it, but looked at the ticket prices on Stubhub etc. and there's no way. LMM is so much against bootlegs, but it seems to me his energy would be better directed against the scalpers who bought up all the tickets are all selling them for $2000+.  I couldn't even find crap seats for less than $500 each.  That's a huge profit for the scalpers, and it means most people who want to see the show have no chance.  It's a major bummer.

wewdie
#549The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 3/27/16 at 12:35pm

Do we know if Lin will be back on Monday, 4/4?

Videos