pixeltracker

The Official TDF Thread- Page 22

The Official TDF Thread

Ortensiah
#525The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 4/11/17 at 1:28pm

I was also there Sunday at 3. I had a left side, mid-mezzanine seat, which I was happy with. I Given the reviews, I wasn't expecting much, but I was actually really moved by the show and the score. Now I want to see the movie!

On an unrelated note, does anyone have experience with/recommendations for the "off-off broadway" shows? What's the difference (besides the price point) between them and "off-broadway" shows?

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#526The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 4/11/17 at 1:42pm

Technically, it all has to do with the number of seats.  Off-Off is under 200 seats.  

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

JSquared2
#527The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 4/11/17 at 1:55pm

dramamama611 said: "Technically, it all has to do with the number of seats.  Off-Off is under 200 seats.  "

Sorry, mama --- that's wrong.  It has nothing to do with theatre size ("technically" or otherwise).  A 1000 seat auditorium can be "off off Broadway".  It all depends on what contract the production is on.

jbird5
#528The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 4/11/17 at 4:31pm

dramamama611 said: "Technically, it all has to do with the number of seats.  Off-Off is under 200 seats.  

"

By that logic Sweeney Todd would be off off Broadway since it only seats 130. I guess in off off Broadway you more mixed/non-equity casting, lower production values and some really funky performance spaces. At the low end, sometimes there isn't much difference at all. You might even see some recognizable names in the cast. Off off Broadway doesn't mean it's not good. You might be rewarded with some stellar theatrical experiences. And for $9 you are not risking much. One of the best things I've seen this year was Mope by Ensemble Studio Theatre in Hell's Kitchen.

MayAudraBlessYou2 Profile Photo
MayAudraBlessYou2
#529The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 4/11/17 at 4:36pm

JSquared2 said: "dramamama611 said: "Technically, it all has to do with the number of seats.  Off-Off is under 200 seats.  "

Sorry, mama --- that's wrong.  It has nothing to do with theatre size ("technically" or otherwise).  A 1000 seat auditorium can be "off off Broadway".  It all depends on what contract the production is on.

"

...and a 1000 seat theater would never be under an off off Broadway contract. Mama is correct in that it has to do with number of seats (which is one of several factors deciding what contract the theater has or does not have), but she has the threshold wrong.

Off-Off Broadway: less than 99 seats

Off Broadway: 99-499 seats

Broadway: 500 seats and up

ps_ Profile Photo
ps_
#530The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 4/12/17 at 12:25pm

saw 'groundhog day' on monday (4/10) and was seated 4th row mezz, dead center (bought 3 tickets)....great view and great show!

bwayphreak234 Profile Photo
bwayphreak234
#531The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 4/12/17 at 2:32pm

I had my first ever negative experience with TDF seating last night for Bandstand. I got to my seat only to realize it was extreme partial view. Orchestra row G seat 17 (far aisle). I could not see half of the set. Luckily, the house staff was very kind and let me take an empty seat in the front mezzanine. I emailed TDF to let them know about this particular location, but I would beware if you plan on buying Bandstand through TDF.

"There’s nothing quite like the power and the passion of Broadway music. "

Megsamegatron Profile Photo
Megsamegatron
#532The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 4/12/17 at 2:41pm

bwayphreak234 said: "I had my first ever negative experience with TDF seating last night for Bandstand. I got to my seat only to realize it was extreme partial view. Orchestra row G seat 17 (far aisle). I could not see half of the set. Luckily, the house staff was very kind and let me take an empty seat in the front mezzanine. I emailed TDF to let them know about this particular location, but I would beware if you plan on buying Bandstand through TDF.

" Oh no! I'm seeing this tonight and now I'm worried!

Megsamegatron Profile Photo
Megsamegatron
#533The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 4/14/17 at 1:24pm

Bandstand ticket from TDF was amazing on the Wednesday evening show!

The ticket was center orchestra row I  seat 104. Since it was a preview I got to sit next to some of the amazing creative team!

steven22 Profile Photo
steven22
#534The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 4/14/17 at 1:46pm

I'm seeing Bandstand tonight via TDF. Hoping for good seats! 

cguevaraborges
#535The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 4/14/17 at 3:33pm

Hey everyone! Has anyone seen The Hairy Ape with TDF and, if so, in what zone were your tickets? Thanks! 

wexy
#536The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 4/14/17 at 3:54pm

cguevaraborges said: "Hey everyone! Has anyone seen The Hairy Ape with TDF and, if so, in what zone were your tickets? Thanks! 

We're going Wednesday afternoon. We shall see. Never been to that venue .

"

'Take me out tonight where's there's music and there's people and they're young and alive.'

JillianSch Profile Photo
JillianSch
#537The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 4/14/17 at 4:33pm

Has anyone seen Indecent with tdf? Where did you sit? Just saw Six Degrees of Seperation and was seated in Row S, center. 

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#538The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 4/14/17 at 4:47pm

Oops....I just had a (wonderful) tour of Lincoln Center, and I was sure she said under 200 for off-off -- but maybe it's my memory that is faulty.  I knew about under 500 being "off".    

Sorry for the mis-information on my earlier post!

Jsquared - they don't just randomly choose what kind of contract they want....if they did, all producers would go with an off off contract.....since that pays less.  The house itself determines the contract....not the other way around.  And, of course, it's not the ONLY determining factor.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.
Updated On: 4/14/17 at 04:47 PM

JustAnotherNewYorker
#539The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 4/14/17 at 5:45pm

JillianSch said: "Has anyone seen Indecent with tdf? Where did you sit? Just saw Six Degrees of Seperation and was seated in Row S, center. "
Ugh. last message was about another show.

Saw it Saturday last week. Center orchestera, mid row. Very nice seats.

Updated On: 4/14/17 at 05:45 PM

PurpleFanta Profile Photo
PurpleFanta
#540The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 4/14/17 at 10:48pm

JillianSch said: "Has anyone seen Indecent with tdf? Where did you sit? Just saw Six Degrees of Seperation and was seated in Row S, center. "

I saw it tonight through TDF and was front row, center. I very much enjoyed the production, and really liked being so close.

steven22 Profile Photo
steven22
#541The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 4/14/17 at 10:50pm

Saw Bandstand tonight and the seats were off to the side mezz row B. Great view! 

billyelliotfan123
#542The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 4/15/17 at 4:13pm

Has anyone gotten tickets to Oslo or Play That Goes Wrong? Where were your seats?

Ortensiah
#543The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 4/15/17 at 4:54pm

Thanks for all the replies! I guess I'll just pick and off-off production that looks interesting and hope for the best!

MoveOnGypsy Profile Photo
MoveOnGypsy
#544The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 4/17/17 at 8:47am

Indecent is on for Opening Night tomorrow night at 6:30!!! 

AuroratheGeek
#545The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 4/17/17 at 1:45pm

When I saw Indecent I was in the 3 row in the orchestra on the right (2 from the end). I didn't have any problems seeing anything and heartily recommend seeing it.

For The Play That Goes Wrong, we were in the mezzanine, row G I believe, slightly to the side. Really wonderful seats. Of course, if you go, make sure to get early for some extra time with the actors. The Official TDF Thread

tresora
#546The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 4/19/17 at 8:43am

Six Degrees is up for opening night next Tuesday!

Can anyone confirm if the seats offered on opening night are typically worse than any other night?

AC126748 Profile Photo
AC126748
#547The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 4/19/17 at 8:45am

tresora said: "Six Degrees is up for opening night next Tuesday!

Can anyone confirm if the seats offered on opening night are typically worse than any other night?

"

TDF seats at the Barrymore are almost always mid or rear mezzanine anyway. I would definitely expect to receive mezzanine seats for opening night. But it's a small theater and there really isn't a bad place to sit--even the boxes aren't terrible.

"You travel alone because other people are only there to remind you how much that hook hurts that we all bit down on. Wait for that one day we can bite free and get back out there in space where we belong, sail back over water, over skies, into space, the hook finally out of our mouths and we wander back out there in space spawning to other planets never to return hurrah to earth and we'll look back and can't even see these lives here anymore. Only the taste of blood to remind us we ever existed. The earth is small. We're gone. We're dead. We're safe." -John Guare, Landscape of the Body

neonlightsxo
#548The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 4/19/17 at 9:29am

Amelie was frontish mezz last week

JustAnotherNewYorker
#549The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 4/24/17 at 6:17pm

Great Comet is up for some of the dates when Dave Malloy takes the role of Pierre.

From Thursday May 4 - Tuesday May 9, the role of‘Pierre will be played by the show’s creator, Dave Malloy.

Available Dates

Sundays: May 7th 3:00PM
      Tuesdays: April 25th 7:00PM
      Thursdays: May 4th 7:00PM
      Fridays: May 5th 8:00PM
      Saturdays: May 6th 2:00PM, May 6th 8:00PM

I've seen Scott and Josh in the role. Next will be Dave

Updated On: 4/24/17 at 06:17 PM

Videos