pixeltracker

Hugh Jackman in The Music Man- Page 26

Hugh Jackman in The Music Man

AllThatJazz2
#625Hugh Jackman in The Music Man
Posted: 9/14/19 at 8:54am

Ben_Platt_Out said: "Thank you telecharge! For not being a hot mess like Ticketmaster. In and out easy with the tickets I wanted. We all knew this was going to be hell on the wallet. If it’s half the production Hello Dolly was, money well spent."

I have to say I was pleasantly surprised with the process as well - aside from the irritation of having no theater, and thus no real theater seat map (which was a pain), the system itself worked very efficiently. It was definitely a less stressful process than securing the Hello Dolly tickets when they went on sale. 

Hairspray0901
#626Hugh Jackman in The Music Man
Posted: 9/14/19 at 8:54am

I checked Telecharge maybe 10 minutes ago and got in right away. I searched several dates, seats in multiple sections were coming up (in pairs of 2 since that is what i was looking for) but the prices are way too expensive. Will sit this one out until they determine a theatre/release more.

jkstheatrescene Profile Photo
jkstheatrescene
#627Hugh Jackman in The Music Man
Posted: 9/14/19 at 8:55am

Aside from a brief moment of panic when it took what felt like an eternity for the payment confirmed page to appear, this process was super smooth. Like just about everyone else, I hated only getting to choose from what they showed me, but I get it - 300 people clicking on the same seat at the same time would break the thing. After a few "show more seats for this date," I grabbed the exact 2 I had hoped for!

I get a small amount of pleasure in knowing that the people directly in front of me are paying almost $100 more to sit 2 feet closer...

The only complaint I really have is the same one I always have: those fees are ridiculous. 

So... who else is going to the Saturday, October 10 matinee? 

astinjeremy
#628Hugh Jackman in The Music Man
Posted: 9/14/19 at 8:56am

Although it  did not work 100% of the time, I found that if you go to the Schedule and Pricing tab for the show you can select a date and a price range from the calendar/grid and it will "try" to find you seats in that price range.  That is how I ended up finding my $159 mezz aisle seat for 11/7.

OuttaTowner
#629Hugh Jackman in The Music Man
Posted: 9/14/19 at 8:57am

Agree with all of you. Kudos to Telecharge on this one. The whole queue and purchase thing went so smoothly it was almost scary. Hope everyone else braving it this morning has as much luck!

Theatre_Mom
#630Hugh Jackman in The Music Man
Posted: 9/14/19 at 9:03am

No luck online, all too expensive.   So I called  and was able to get two front row side mezz tickets for a Tue in Feb. at $199 plus fees.

Patty3
#631Hugh Jackman in The Music Man
Posted: 9/14/19 at 9:08am

Got two row A, Right Mezz for Jan 3, 2021 the day before my birthday $427 total! It was a slow process only being able to look at 2 seats at a time. Need lots of patience.

angoradebs
#632Hugh Jackman in The Music Man
Posted: 9/14/19 at 9:10am

Just paid $287 for left orch row F on Oct 24 (Saturday evening). It took FOREVER for me to find a seat I was willing to buy, and I checked about 8 different dates. I'm okay with paying as much as I did as long as the seat is good. I really wish they'd waited to put them on sale until they announced a theatre. My seat may be worth $287 in one theatre but not another. But I was afraid to wait because I don't want the prices to skyrocket out of my price range. So this may end up being a very expensive lesson about patience.

BLs68
#633Hugh Jackman in The Music Man
Posted: 9/14/19 at 9:12am

Was able to get 2, $199 seats for October. More than I’d like to spend but I’ve spent more on other shows so I really can’t complain.

GreasedLightning Profile Photo
GreasedLightning
#634Hugh Jackman in The Music Man
Posted: 9/14/19 at 9:14am

Looks like they've opened up online sales to the entire seating chart to choose from, not just one or two seats at a time. Frustrating for those who already purchased because I found seats better than mine at the same price but oh well. 

binau Profile Photo
binau
#635Hugh Jackman in The Music Man
Posted: 9/14/19 at 9:18am

GreasedLightning said: "Looks like they've opened up online sales to the entire seating chart to choose from, not just one or two seats at a time. Frustrating for those who already purchasedbecause I found seats better than mine at the same price but oh well."

Agreed. And I would have wanted to spend a little less on some of the other seats available had I known. But whatever. I guess it worked for their bank account.

"You can't overrate Bernadette Peters. She is such a genius. There's a moment in "Too Many Mornings" and Bernadette doing 'I wore green the last time' - It's a voice that is just already given up - it is so sorrowful. Tragic. You can see from that moment the show is going to be headed into such dark territory and it hinges on this tiny throwaway moment of the voice." - Ben Brantley (2022) "Bernadette's whole, stunning performance [as Rose in Gypsy] galvanized the actors capable of letting loose with her. Bernadette's Rose did take its rightful place, but too late, and unseen by too many who should have seen it" Arthur Laurents (2009) "Sondheim's own favorite star performances? [Bernadette] Peters in ''Sunday in the Park,'' Lansbury in ''Sweeney Todd'' and ''obviously, Ethel was thrilling in 'Gypsy.'' Nytimes, 2000

Major Domo
#636Hugh Jackman in The Music Man
Posted: 9/14/19 at 9:19am

THANK YOU to earlier posters.

I woke up early, eager to buy tickets and when the only semi reasonable option seemed to be nearly $300 per ticket (with fees) for 4th row mezzanine, I opted out. After seeing posts here, I was able to get 5 row, across the aisle for $125 less per ticket for MLK weekend.

jo
#637Hugh Jackman in The Music Man
Posted: 9/14/19 at 9:28am

That was quite orderly processing by Telecharge, considering there were so many people examining ticket choices.  I completed my ticket wishlist for my favorite time to be in NYC -  a very busy time, though, complete with parades and tree lighting wink

CT2NYC Profile Photo
CT2NYC
#638Hugh Jackman in The Music Man
Posted: 9/14/19 at 9:31am

It was orderly, yes, but opening up the entire seating chart to choose from now is shady.

angoradebs
#639Hugh Jackman in The Music Man
Posted: 9/14/19 at 9:37am

GreasedLightning said: "Looks like they've opened up online sales to the entire seating chart to choose from, not just one or two seats at a time. Frustrating for those who already purchasedbecause I found seats better than mine at the same price but oh well."

I probably shouldn't have looked, but I did, and luckily there were no seats on my preferred date that I would have liked better. I guess I could have saved 13 dollars by sitting one seat over, but I'm not fussed about it. And nothing available any closer to center at my price point.

As a note, when I went back the second time, my number was in the 8100s. So a little over 8000 people over an hour and a half. 

brotherhoodofman Profile Photo
brotherhoodofman
#640Hugh Jackman in The Music Man
Posted: 9/14/19 at 9:40am

Thanks to the.open seating chart, I was able to snag one of the elusive $109 seats for the added Monday show on Nov. 2. (No show on that Tuesday because of Election Day.) The view might be crap, but since I have to pay for hotel too, it can't be that bad! Fingers crossed!

Javi Profile Photo
Javi
#641Hugh Jackman in The Music Man
Posted: 9/14/19 at 9:45am

Because it was only showing me only one mezz seat for the date I needed, I ended up buying it even though it was 9 seats off the aisle on the side.  I then saw they are now showing all seats and most better than the one I bought - GRRRR - so I called Telecharge and got my seat moved to one in the front row mezz, three seats from the aisle.  

juice23 Profile Photo
juice23
#642Hugh Jackman in The Music Man
Posted: 9/14/19 at 9:55am

Also sitting in Row E Mezz seat 2 in September! We should all leave each other notes...

My Music Classroom Giving Page: https://www.donorschoose.org/MrHMusicRoom

WayTooBroadway Profile Photo
WayTooBroadway
#643Hugh Jackman in The Music Man
Posted: 9/14/19 at 10:09am

juice23 said: "Also sitting in Row E Mezz seat 2 in September! We should all leave each other notes..."

I’ll wait for yours in October! The Mezzanine-E-2 library card...

"When the audience comes in, it changes the temperature of what you've written." -Stephen Sondheim

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#644Hugh Jackman in The Music Man
Posted: 9/14/19 at 10:14am

Got the exact seats in the Center Mezz I had wanted for the two dates I had wanted, so I’m pleased. And honestly, they’re expensive but we paid more for worse seats at “Moulin Rouge” so I was a bit surprised by that.

sppunk
#645Hugh Jackman in The Music Man
Posted: 9/14/19 at 10:17am

The last two ORC rows are $229 but without knowing the theater and overhang situation no way will I buy tickets into the theater is named. That’s just dumb.

My wife requires an aisle seat and you can’t guarantee the wishes on sale are actually aisles   

TheQuibbler Profile Photo
TheQuibbler
#646Hugh Jackman in The Music Man
Posted: 9/14/19 at 10:20am

I managed to call and exchange my $279/each tickets to $159/each tickets after explaining the situation with the seating chart opening up. It took about 50 minutes on the phone/hold but I think it was worthwhile. 5 rows isn’t worth $120/ticket more.

Updated On: 9/14/19 at 10:20 AM

Highland Guy Profile Photo
Highland Guy
#647Hugh Jackman in The Music Man
Posted: 9/14/19 at 10:22am

I'm on the west coast.  Went in 3 times starting at 6:30 a.m. (here) with not much of a wait.  As others have said, they're showing available seats only into February.  My travel window is April thru July, so I will have to wait until other dates open.  I really am not comfortable buying seats in an unspecified theater, so I hope they make that announcement soon.

Congrats to y'all who got the seats you wanted!

Non sibi sed patriae

Flowerlovestage5 Profile Photo
Flowerlovestage5
#648Hugh Jackman in The Music Man
Posted: 9/14/19 at 10:28am

I'm in E2 as well!  Send me my library card along with the rest of the E2 group... :)

I wouldn't mind spending more on this show but what they are charging for seats father back on the extreme sides is ridiculous.    Rant over.

I'm looking forward to this immensely.

Telecharge did a great job maintaining the sites function.

Highland Guy Profile Photo
Highland Guy
#649Hugh Jackman in The Music Man
Posted: 9/14/19 at 10:32am

I have a vague memory that on the first day that tickets went on sale for Bette Midler's "Dolly," a Broadway record was broken.  Most money taken in on the first sales day, or most tickets sold......something like that.

Wondering how today's buying for "The Music Man" might compare?

Non sibi sed patriae

Videos