pixeltracker

RAGTIME EXTENDS; Gets Reprieve Through Jan. 10th- Page 3

RAGTIME EXTENDS; Gets Reprieve Through Jan. 10th

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#50re: RAGTIME EXTENDS; Gets Reprieve Through Jan. 10th
Posted: 12/30/09 at 6:36pm

They pretty much told me that tickets for the 5th would have to be re-purchased and that any discounts would not apply.

That's not true. I just tried, and both codes bogo10 (the better one) and box129 work for the extension, including the last show.

BroadwayBound062 Profile Photo
BroadwayBound062
#51re: RAGTIME EXTENDS; Gets Reprieve Through Jan. 10th
Posted: 12/30/09 at 6:36pm

Maybe if the producers would provide some better costumer service the should would not being closing. I completely blame them for this show flopping.

Genius lasts longer than beauty.

Mildred Plotka Profile Photo
Mildred Plotka
#52re: RAGTIME EXTENDS; Gets Reprieve Through Jan. 10th
Posted: 12/30/09 at 6:40pm

Ok, so here's the deal with people who had purchased tickets for the canceled week that is now back on.

Call Ticketmaster because your tickets have been released. The refunds have already been processed. But-the extremely nice gentleman was able to repurchase my seat for me. So if your seat is still available, you'll be able to get it back. He honored my discount code I originally used and emailed me an e-ticket even though I already have ticket in hand.

As with all Ticketmaster issues, I think it might boil down to who you get and how good a mood they are in (sadly).

Here's my question: Noll was scheduled to be out for much of that weekend. Is she now going to be back in?

"Broadway...I'll lick you yet!"

snowskittle
#53re: RAGTIME EXTENDS; Gets Reprieve Through Jan. 10th
Posted: 12/30/09 at 6:41pm

Am I understanding some of these postings correctly? You mean people who had tickets for the week after 1/3 must REPURCHASE them if they still want to go? And they can't get a refund for purchased tickets after the extension week?

What? I mean yay for Ragtime extending, but WHAT?

I can't believe I'm understanding these messages correctly. Can somebody straighten me out?

NGeorgiaBwayFan Profile Photo
NGeorgiaBwayFan
#54re: RAGTIME EXTENDS; Gets Reprieve Through Jan. 10th
Posted: 12/30/09 at 6:41pm

well, that's what "Karen" at Ticketmaster told me, I did not mean to give misinformation. I think the situation at ticketmaster was changing while I was on hold.

The customer service rep told me that there would be no discounts honored for any of the shows from the 5th thru 10th -- which I thought really sucked too.

I hope that everyone can just have a ticket that wants to see the show. I'm glad those codes are working, too.

"Like the good Lord says . . . Ya gotta take the rough with the smooth, Baby!" Madame Rose

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#55re: RAGTIME EXTENDS; Gets Reprieve Through Jan. 10th
Posted: 12/30/09 at 6:42pm

Yes, skittle, you're reading correctly. Anyone who had a ticket for after 1/3 needs to repurchase.

raulmark Profile Photo
raulmark
#56re: RAGTIME EXTENDS; Gets Reprieve Through Jan. 10th
Posted: 12/30/09 at 6:44pm

Why do people want to go to the "last performance" so much? Do they hand out balloons and lollipops or something?

bk
#57re: RAGTIME EXTENDS; Gets Reprieve Through Jan. 10th
Posted: 12/30/09 at 6:45pm

I think the cynical amongst members of this and other boards are simply thinking this was planned all along.

Mildred Plotka
#58re: RAGTIME EXTENDS; Gets Reprieve Through Jan. 10th
Posted: 12/30/09 at 6:46pm

Yep skittle, that's right. And you're gonna get a new charge on your card if you choose to repurchase (if someone hasn't already taken your seats). The refunds are in process and depending on your bank won't show up for 7 to 10 days.

Sondheim_Geek Profile Photo
Sondheim_Geek
#59re: RAGTIME EXTENDS; Gets Reprieve Through Jan. 10th
Posted: 12/30/09 at 6:46pm

According to Noll's most recent tweet (3 minutes ago), she is still planning on being out Jan 9th and 10th.

"Standing room only - amazing!!! If we close next week, I will miss the last shows. I'll be in Harrisburg, PA on the 9th-10th - oh well."

Mildred Plotka
#60re: RAGTIME EXTENDS; Gets Reprieve Through Jan. 10th
Posted: 12/30/09 at 6:48pm

So she's gonna miss closing. Odd. She must have an engagement she can't get out of. A lot of people are going to be disappointed, me included, on that one.

artscallion Profile Photo
artscallion
#61re: RAGTIME EXTENDS; Gets Reprieve Through Jan. 10th
Posted: 12/30/09 at 6:48pm

I'm wondering what will happen when all those folks who still hold their original "canceled" tickets for that week show up thinking their tickets are now good.
Box Office rule #1: Never ever ever have more than one ticket out in the world for the same seat at the same performance.

Art has a double face, of expression and illusion.

miss pennywise Profile Photo
miss pennywise
#62re: RAGTIME EXTENDS; Gets Reprieve Through Jan. 10th
Posted: 12/30/09 at 6:49pm

This is the email I received today from Ticketmaster ~

Message sent on behalf of the Neil Simon Theatre in New York City, NY.:

Hello, this is Ticketmaster Customer Service with an important alert for your upcoming event sent on behalf of the Neil Simon Theatre in New York City, NY.:

Ragtime, scheduled at the Neil Simon Theatre on January 5, 2010 through April 25, 2010, has been cancelled. Ragtime will play it's final performance on Sunday, January 3, 2010 at 3:00PM. Your tickets may be exchanged for another performance date based upon availability, or refunds are available at your original point of purchase beginning January 4, 2010. If wishing to exchange your tickets simply respond to this email, or call Ticketmaster at 1-800-653-8000 and provide us with your original confirmation number.

If you have not exchanged your tickets by January 4, 2010 your credit card will automatically be credited the ticket price and convenience charges, and should post to your account depending upon your financial institution within 7 to 10 business days. Please note, the $3.20 per order processing fee, any ticketFast, or UPS delivery charges and in-store pick up charges are non-refundable.

"Be on your guard! Jerks on the loose!"

http://www.roches.com/television/ss83kod.html

"If any relationship involves a flow chart, get out of it...FAST!"

~ Best12Bars

DottieD'Luscia Profile Photo
DottieD'Luscia
#63re: RAGTIME EXTENDS; Gets Reprieve Through Jan. 10th
Posted: 12/30/09 at 6:49pm

Artscallion, I was just wondering the same thing!!

Hey Dottie! Did your colleagues enjoy the cake even though your cat decided to sit on it? ~GuyfromGermany
Updated On: 12/30/09 at 06:49 PM

Mildred Plotka
#64re: RAGTIME EXTENDS; Gets Reprieve Through Jan. 10th
Posted: 12/30/09 at 6:54pm

Pennywise that email went out this morning prior to the decision to extend a week.

I imagine it's going to be mad. I'd assume they'd send out a new email about the extension to those who purchased. I'm not worried cause I'm in the same seat I was before. I still think there are going to be many mix-ups and arguments.

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#65re: RAGTIME EXTENDS; Gets Reprieve Through Jan. 10th
Posted: 12/30/09 at 6:54pm

Dottie, did you know that the bogo10 code, which is the same selection of seats, is about $10 cheaper than the broadway box code?

DottieD'Luscia Profile Photo
DottieD'Luscia
#66re: RAGTIME EXTENDS; Gets Reprieve Through Jan. 10th
Posted: 12/30/09 at 6:56pm

I know now!! Too late. Oh well.

Hey Dottie! Did your colleagues enjoy the cake even though your cat decided to sit on it? ~GuyfromGermany

NGeorgiaBwayFan Profile Photo
NGeorgiaBwayFan
#67re: RAGTIME EXTENDS; Gets Reprieve Through Jan. 10th

Imagine how many folks are on vacation in the city and are not keeping up with email, etc. and are holding tix for the 5th-10th. It is going to be a HUGE mess.

"Like the good Lord says . . . Ya gotta take the rough with the smooth, Baby!" Madame Rose

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#68re: RAGTIME EXTENDS; Gets Reprieve Through Jan. 10th

Someone posted this on ATC

"I heard that RAGTIME is going to continue "extending" through the end of January -- as a semi publicity stunt. Specifically, that it intends to TRULY close on January 24.

Any know if this is true??"

I bet this is a huge publicity stunt. I would not buy tickets for January 10th if I were you guys. This seems so fishy.

perfectlymarvelous Profile Photo
perfectlymarvelous
#69re: RAGTIME EXTENDS; Gets Reprieve Through Jan. 10th
Posted: 12/30/09 at 6:57pm

artscallion, I was wondering the same thing. Oy, what a mess.

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#70re: RAGTIME EXTENDS; Gets Reprieve Through Jan. 10th
Posted: 12/30/09 at 6:58pm

Not to sir the pot, but...

Someone on ATC is claiming the show will extend again, and the actual intended closing date is 1/24.

Also, in Christiane Noll's tweet, where she announced she'll miss the last 3 shows, she says, "If we close next week, I will miss the last shows. I'll be in Harrisburg, PA on the 9th-10th - oh well." (emphasis mine)

Something seems fishy...this is starting to look like a stunt...

CurtainPullDowner Profile Photo
CurtainPullDowner
#71re: RAGTIME EXTENDS; Gets Reprieve Through Jan. 10th
Posted: 12/30/09 at 6:59pm

BroadwayBound, what does the costumer have to do with it?

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#72re: RAGTIME EXTENDS; Gets Reprieve Through Jan. 10th
Posted: 12/30/09 at 7:00pm

Or maybe she's just being optimistic. But I know, everybody loves a good controversy.

A work of art is an invitation to love.

perfectlymarvelous Profile Photo
perfectlymarvelous
#73re: RAGTIME EXTENDS; Gets Reprieve Through Jan. 10th
Posted: 12/30/09 at 7:03pm

adamgreer, I saw that too and thought it seemed fishy...hmm.

Dagobert Profile Photo
Dagobert
#74re: RAGTIME EXTENDS; Gets Reprieve Through Jan. 10th
Posted: 12/30/09 at 7:05pm

There is no stunt...There are people who were about to lose $9 million and saw a chance to reduce their losses...but the only way they can do this is to go week by week. The fault lies in a previously very poor advance....for which you can blame the producers, if you want--but ultimately to keep putting the show on--the audience has to come and they have to buy tickets in advance...and up til now, they have not.
Updated On: 12/30/09 at 07:05 PM

Videos