CATSNYrevival
#50Dr Zhivago Will Have A Cast Album
Posted: 5/18/15 at 9:40pm

I mentioned Follies.

gypsy101 Profile Photo
gypsy101
#51Dr Zhivago Will Have A Cast Album
Posted: 5/18/15 at 9:49pm

Wow, my eyes must have missed it somehow! It's a small list, that's for sure.

"Contentment, it seems, simply happens. It appears accompanied by no bravos and no tears."

broadwayboy223
#52Dr Zhivago Will Have A Cast Album
Posted: 5/19/15 at 5:02pm

I want this album so much!!! 

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#53Dr Zhivago Will Have A Cast Album
Posted: 5/19/15 at 5:14pm

A lot of people want it. Amazing in view of the fact that the show was universally panned. Unfortunately, the cast album is not going to happen

To those who say they have info it will happen, I suggest you give details or something more concrete than " my sources". If this is all there is, people are being given false hope when none actually exists.

I believe there was a La Jolla production or somewhere else other than Australia. I have a 2 cd demo of the score but the sound on it is nothing to write home about unfortunately .

Poster Emeritus

CATSNYrevival Profile Photo
CATSNYrevival
#54Dr Zhivago Will Have A Cast Album
Posted: 5/19/15 at 6:29pm

Since when is there a 2 CD demo? If you mean the La Jolla bootleg that's hardly a demo.

Updated On: 5/19/15 at 06:29 PM

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#55Dr Zhivago Will Have A Cast Album
Posted: 5/19/15 at 6:37pm

Did not know a demo could not be 2 cd's? Guess you learn something everyday.

It is indeed the La Jolla production but the sound quality does not cut it.

Poster Emeritus
Updated On: 5/19/15 at 06:37 PM

CATSNYrevival
#56Dr Zhivago Will Have A Cast Album
Posted: 5/19/15 at 6:45pm

Demos are usually recorded in a studio. The La Jolla audience bootleg is not a demo that's why the audio quality isn't that great.

GobiasIndustries
#57Dr Zhivago Will Have A Cast Album
Posted: 5/20/15 at 1:21am

It's fun to hear everyone talking about the La Jolla bootleg of Zhivago.  Rumor has it that the same handsome devil that recorded that bootleg also recorded an audio bootleg of the original Page-to-Stage production in La Jolla, a video bootleg of the staged production in La Jolla, and an audio bootleg of the Broadway production.  But these are just rumors.  Certainly wasn't me.

Oh, and there is a studio recording of a few songs.  I have the studio recording of "It Comes As No Surprise" with Lena Strober and Jessica Burrows.  Jessica Burrows gave it to me, because I gave her a copy of the video bootleg for her grandmother that was unable to attend the show in La Jolla.  But again, these are just rumors.

And I certainly never received a Cease and Desist letter from the La Jolla Playhouse legal team for putting the video on YouTube.

Updated On: 5/20/15 at 01:21 AM

neonlightsxo
#58Dr Zhivago Will Have A Cast Album
Posted: 5/20/15 at 9:48am

Roxy, I don't think there's anyone who is saying they have info it will happen. Not since the closing. It's done.

neonlightsxo
#59Dr Zhivago Will Have A Cast Album
Posted: 5/20/15 at 9:48am

double post

Updated On: 5/20/15 at 09:48 AM

BroadwayMouth
#60Dr Zhivago Will Have A Cast Album
Posted: 5/20/15 at 10:48pm

I heard it will happen, and I have faith that it will.  It has happened that shows which fail even faster have gotten recorded ("Scandalous" and "Leap of Faith" come to mind). In the press release of its closing, the producers commented on wanting the show to live on. Without a cast album, that is not likely to happen, so they are motivated to make it happen.

I loved this show, and I am still holding onto hope!

CATSNYrevival
#61Dr Zhivago Will Have A Cast Album
Posted: 5/20/15 at 10:59pm

Scandalous closed in early December and recorded about two months later in February. That's about as long as anyone should be holding on to hope.

chernjam Profile Photo
chernjam
#62Dr Zhivago Will Have A Cast Album
Posted: 5/20/15 at 11:04pm

I have no dog in this fight -- haven't seen or heard any of Zhivago (was intrigued and was thinking of taking my Mom for Mothers Day... but that was settled for me)  But - regarding this back and forth - will they or wont they - well they recorded the revival of Side Show which didn't run too long (nor did it's original) - so  I suppose anything is possible

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#63Dr Zhivago Will Have A Cast Album
Posted: 5/20/15 at 11:05pm

To be factual, Her First Roman's cast album was done about 25 years after the show closed but that is a rarity.

Poster Emeritus

tdl83
#64Dr Zhivago Will Have A Cast Album
Posted: 5/21/15 at 11:45am

The album is being recorded next week on 5/27 and 5/28. This is fact.

broadwayboy223
#65Dr Zhivago Will Have A Cast Album
Posted: 5/21/15 at 11:49am

Yaaaassss!!! I'm so excited for this album! So many beautiful songs. 

thommg Profile Photo
thommg
#66Dr Zhivago Will Have A Cast Album
Posted: 5/21/15 at 11:51am

I'm happy to hear this score is being recorded. I thought Lucy Simon did a wonderful job with the music and would play this album in a heartbeat. Let's just hope the recording gets released! Dr Zhivago Will Have A Cast Album

CATSNYrevival
#67Dr Zhivago Will Have A Cast Album
Posted: 5/21/15 at 12:14pm

I want it to be true but if it's fact why hasn't there been a press release?

Skimbleshanks2 Profile Photo
Skimbleshanks2
#68Dr Zhivago Will Have A Cast Album
Posted: 5/21/15 at 12:50pm

Nowww, the only time to release this is nowww!!! 

PS: CATSNYrevival -- love your username :)

"See that poster on the wall? Rocky Marciano." - Andy Karl as Rocky in 'ROCKY'

GreasedLightning Profile Photo
GreasedLightning
#69Dr Zhivago Will Have A Cast Album
Posted: 5/21/15 at 12:58pm

I've also heard it is being recorded next week. 

CATSNYrevival
#70Dr Zhivago Will Have A Cast Album
Posted: 5/21/15 at 1:30pm

If they're doing it I hope they do it right. I'll be bummed if they leave out the Prologue and just open the album with "Two Worlds." Hopefully two days in the studio will allow them to record as much as they can.

neonlightsxo
#71Dr Zhivago Will Have A Cast Album
Posted: 5/21/15 at 1:30pm

tdl83, that's nice that you have inside information. Thanks for sharing. No need to be so curt about it. I hope someone did pony up the money after all.

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#72Dr Zhivago Will Have A Cast Album
Posted: 5/21/15 at 1:44pm

If we even had the label it being released on , it would be more confirmed. Surprised none of the cast members went on social media to confirm it. Time will tell.

Poster Emeritus

Jeffrey Karasarides Profile Photo
Jeffrey Karasarides
tazber Profile Photo
tazber
#74Dr Zhivago Will Have A Cast Album
Posted: 5/27/15 at 10:08am

YAY!!!!!

....but the world goes 'round

Videos