pixeltracker

SHE LOVES ME To Be Live Streamed On June 30th- Page 3

SHE LOVES ME To Be Live Streamed On June 30th

artscallion Profile Photo
artscallion
#50SHE LOVES ME To Be Live Streamed On June 30th
Posted: 6/15/16 at 3:27pm

Leaf Coneybear said: "I'm seeing the show that night, do you think anything will be different because of the live streaming? Cameras everywhere?"

I was at the filming of the Company revival in 2007. While it wasn't a live stream, I imagine it won't be much different. There were three cameras, one at each side wall near the rear of the orchestra section and one overhead crane that was operated from the center front mezz. I didn't even notice them at all during the show, except at the end when Raul was singing Being Alive, the crane camera came forward and zoomed down towards him as he sang the final note.

Art has a double face, of expression and illusion.

gypsy101 Profile Photo
gypsy101
#51SHE LOVES ME To Be Live Streamed On June 30th
Posted: 6/15/16 at 3:32pm

so I'm seeing it on the 22nd live on Broadway AND the 30th online! (I've also been listening to the cast albums a lot lately). I'm gonna be all She Loves Me'd out.

"Contentment, it seems, simply happens. It appears accompanied by no bravos and no tears."

MarkBearSF Profile Photo
MarkBearSF
#52SHE LOVES ME To Be Live Streamed On June 30th
Posted: 6/15/16 at 3:35pm

Peter2 said: "...Interesting--good information to know. I wonder if I can send it to my Apple TV via AirPlay. (It doesn't work for certain streams.) I would so much rather watch on my TV than on my iPad or computer."

According to BroadwayHD, AirPlay should work fine. (If your devices or connections have a problem with AirPlay in general, that's another issue)
Personally, with my current tech, I've experienced no significant issues with AirPlay (rarely the link is sketchy and rebooting my appleTV fixes it) - I used to have a HDMI cable (which was video only) but have retired it since upgrading my equipment. 

Updated On: 6/15/16 at 03:35 PM

Liza's Headband
#53SHE LOVES ME To Be Live Streamed On June 30th
Posted: 6/15/16 at 3:45pm

A direct HDMI will provide you with infinitely higher quality and more secure connection than AirPlay ever could (and this comes from someone who is an AirPlay proponent). Just my two cents. 

Mr. Nowack Profile Photo
Mr. Nowack
#54SHE LOVES ME To Be Live Streamed On June 30th
Posted: 6/15/16 at 3:46pm

gypsy101 said: "I'm gonna be all She Loves Me'd out."

Not possible!!

Keeping BroadwayWorld Illustrated

SweetLips Profile Photo
SweetLips
#55SHE LOVES ME To Be Live Streamed On June 30th
Posted: 6/15/16 at 3:53pm

LizaH-you fight with many on here because of your conflicting ideas but I do enjoy the passion of your arguments.

Now you post a knowlegable response on 'how to' re cables/connections etc.[I don't know a cable from a corkscrew].

It totally fascinates me the knowledge you and many here have about so many diverse topics.

I know, strange response to this topic, but Lizas' post prompted these thoughts.

We all wear different 'hats' so Liza, thanks for showing us/me another one of yours.

SL....................x

Just watched the real Liza with Michael F......so sad.

Wick3 Profile Photo
Wick3
#56SHE LOVES ME To Be Live Streamed On June 30th
Posted: 6/15/16 at 4:07pm

gypsy101 said: "so I'm seeing it on the 22nd live on Broadway AND the 30th online! (I've also been listening to the cast albums a lot lately). I'm gonna be all She Loves Me'd out."

I saw it in February but now planning to watch it again before it ends in July. 

HogansHero Profile Photo
HogansHero
#57SHE LOVES ME To Be Live Streamed On June 30th
Posted: 6/15/16 at 4:19pm

Liza's Headband said: "A direct HDMI will provide you with infinitely higher quality and more secure connection than AirPlay ever could (and this comes from someone who is an AirPlay proponent). Just my two cents. "

Agreed. Anything that is wireless is by definition qualitatively less than wired, and also less secure. For many/most purposes, many/most people cannot discern the difference. But the greater the bytes being pushed through, the more likely it will be affected. If you have amazing efficiency, you are getting 80%, and if you are also using a wifi router to get the signal to your computer, and get 80% on that, you are down to 64% (I think, the math may not work that way but the point is the same). I think the conservative thing to do is at least have that cable ready to plug in if you sense you are getting less than the best experience. 

jpbran Profile Photo
jpbran
#58SHE LOVES ME To Be Live Streamed On June 30th
Posted: 6/15/16 at 4:58pm

We watched the whole season of "Mercy House" via the Amazon Prime website using the Apple TV to stream it to a 70" TV. Each episode maybe paused/glitched once, and only for about a second or two, and the HD stream looked fantastic. (and I'm pretty picky... it didn't look 4k good, but it looked Bluray good) So it is possible. 

Wish BroadwayHD would just do an Apple TV app like so many other networks and content providers have... (except for Amazon, but that's understandable I guess as the two big A's seem to consider themselves enemies.) 

MarkBearSF Profile Photo
MarkBearSF
#59SHE LOVES ME To Be Live Streamed On June 30th
Posted: 6/15/16 at 5:00pm

All this aside - the answer to the original question is if the stream/site will be coded to block AirPlay and the answer is no.

Of course, if one was only interested in this broadcast stream and does not own the HDMI cable, a cheaper alternative might be to buy a single month subscription and use the app.

Updated On: 6/15/16 at 05:00 PM

HogansHero Profile Photo
HogansHero
#60SHE LOVES ME To Be Live Streamed On June 30th
Posted: 6/15/16 at 5:34pm

@Mark "a cheaper alternative might be..."

An HDMI cable can be had for $5.49 on Amazon SHE LOVES ME To Be Live Streamed On June 30th

schubox
#61SHE LOVES ME To Be Live Streamed On June 30th
Posted: 6/15/16 at 6:01pm

This is a great idea. I hope more shows do this 

MarkBearSF Profile Photo
MarkBearSF
#62SHE LOVES ME To Be Live Streamed On June 30th
Posted: 6/15/16 at 6:34pm

jpbran said: "Wish BroadwayHD would just do an Apple TV app like so many other networks and content providers have..."

There is an app. However, according to BroadwayHD it can't be used for single purchases of the live stream.
(I suspect it has to do with the need to authorize the box for only those 2.5 hours)

CarlosAlberto Profile Photo
CarlosAlberto
#63SHE LOVES ME To Be Live Streamed On June 30th
Posted: 6/15/16 at 6:53pm

Everyone knows on this board that what Jordan Catalano wants BroadwayHD to live stream next is "On Your Feet".

GavestonPS Profile Photo
GavestonPS
#64SHE LOVES ME To Be Live Streamed On June 30th
Posted: 6/15/16 at 9:36pm

MarkBearSF said: "All this aside - the answer to the original question is if the stream/site will be coded to block AirPlay and the answer is no.

Of course, if one was only interested in this broadcast stream and does not own the HDMI cable, a cheaper alternative might be to buy a single month subscription and use the app.

"

Has anyone tried lately? I got an email a week or two ago saying that BroadwayHD was now fully capable with Apple TV. Haven't tried it yet, as I buy per show.

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#65SHE LOVES ME To Be Live Streamed On June 30th
Posted: 6/15/16 at 9:39pm

CarlosAlberto said: "Everyone knows on this board that what Jordan Catalano wants BroadwayHD to live stream next is "On Your Feet".

Oh my God. That would be EVERYTHING.

MichelleCraig Profile Photo
MichelleCraig
#66SHE LOVES ME To Be Live Streamed On June 30th
Posted: 6/15/16 at 10:05pm

Love that this is being done! I'd like to own it on Blu-ray or DVD, too... Would you buy it on DVD or Blu-ray? I like to own a physical copy if possible; picture and sound are often better...

Mr. Nowack Profile Photo
Mr. Nowack
#67SHE LOVES ME To Be Live Streamed On June 30th
Posted: 6/15/16 at 10:12pm

I think it will only be available as a stream.

Though some savvy folks I'm sure will be doing DVD transfers...

nsguy45 Profile Photo
nsguy45
#68SHE LOVES ME To Be Live Streamed On June 30th
Posted: 6/15/16 at 10:22pm

There are two SLM boots in circulation, both near commercial quality.

dissimilate
#69SHE LOVES ME To Be Live Streamed On June 30th
Posted: 6/15/16 at 10:45pm

I'm really hoping someone rips it or that it's streamed again or available on-demand later, because I live in a really inconvenient timezone (12 hours ahead of NY, so I'll be at work).

That said, this is such great news and I hope it becomes a regular partnership with Roundabout and other non-profit theater companies!

Also I know Thursday nights are not the most convenient for everyone, but I do think Thursday nights tend to be the best shows - the stars are sufficiently warmed up but aren't too tired yet (show 4/SHE LOVES ME To Be Live Streamed On June 30th. I've watched SLM thrice and the Thursday night audience was the best. Generous and enthusiastic with the applause and laughter, but appropriately quiet and respectful during scenes. Such a great energy that the actors can definitely feed off of to elevate their performance.

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#70SHE LOVES ME To Be Live Streamed On June 30th
Posted: 6/15/16 at 10:53pm

It's a Thursday night before the July 4th weekend here, though, so a lot of people (who can) will be taking Friday off. 

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#71SHE LOVES ME To Be Live Streamed On June 30th
Posted: 6/15/16 at 10:56pm

I hope Laura's in that night. 

Updated On: 6/15/16 at 10:56 PM

Gymfan15
#72SHE LOVES ME To Be Live Streamed On June 30th
Posted: 6/15/16 at 10:57pm

How exciting! Except I'm in Taiwan, so the live-stream will be happening right as I am working. I hope and pray that they re-stream it again for those of us in opposite timezone, or have it available on-demand! I really appreciated what Daddy Long Legs did, streaming it three times so all timezones could be comfortably accommodated. 

Mr. Nowack Profile Photo
Mr. Nowack
#73SHE LOVES ME To Be Live Streamed On June 30th
Posted: 6/15/16 at 11:38pm

The repeat streams of DLL really was a lovely thing as I wasn't able to watch it live but would have been sorry to miss it.

That stream was a Thursday night as well. All the NBC live musicals have ben that night as well.

CarlosAlberto Profile Photo
CarlosAlberto
#74SHE LOVES ME To Be Live Streamed On June 30th
Posted: 6/16/16 at 12:02am

Jordan Catalano said: "CarlosAlberto said: "Everyone knows on this board that what Jordan Catalano wants BroadwayHD to live stream next is "On Your Feet".

Oh my God. That would be EVERYTHING."

I got you boo..

Videos