pixeltracker

Hamilton Special Announcement on August 11- Page 3

Hamilton Special Announcement on August 11

smidge
#50Hamilton Special Announcement on August 11
Posted: 8/8/17 at 7:39pm

Agreed,  a Mixtape announcement would be incredibly anticlimactic.  And the filmed Hamilton release is a pipe dream. A Lin announcement makes the most sense 

emo_geek Profile Photo
emo_geek
#51Hamilton Special Announcement on August 11
Posted: 8/8/17 at 7:54pm

I hope that it's an announcement that Lin will do LA. The Pantages FB is pushing the announcement. However- announcing it day of seems a bit weird. 

"I never had theatre producers run after me. Some people want to make more Broadway shows out of movies. But Elliot and I aren't going to do Batman: The Musical." - Julie Taymor 1999

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#52Hamilton Special Announcement on August 11
Posted: 8/8/17 at 7:59pm

CorkySt.Clair said: "Jorge, sorry if I missed something, but how do we know that Chance the Rapper's tweet is in reference to this news?

PS Glinda that would be fabulous!

"

We don't, but a man CAN DREAM. Had the opportunity to see chance in concert at Lollapalooza this Saturday and he was freaking amazing and he would be STUNNING as Hamilton or Burr.

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

Alexander Lamar
#53Hamilton Special Announcement on August 11
Posted: 8/8/17 at 8:25pm

Maybe live-streaming a number or two from the LA opening?

David10086 Profile Photo
David10086
#54Hamilton Special Announcement on August 11
Posted: 8/8/17 at 8:27pm

I heard they're announcing Mandy Patinkin will be joining the cast as Hamilton for three weeks! 

laugh

JayElle Profile Photo
JayElle
#55Hamilton Special Announcement on August 11
Posted: 8/8/17 at 8:33pm

BroadwayRox At least this Hamilton tease can give us a break from the endless Comet speculation."

Lin and OBC will replace the entire Comet cast.  At least we can hope considering Trump & No Korea are talking nuking each other, in which case, all we'll have left is outdoor seating...for those who survive...cheekyneed some levity today

JayElle Profile Photo
JayElle
#56Hamilton Special Announcement on August 11
Posted: 8/8/17 at 8:39pm

David10086 "I heard they're announcing Mandy Patinkin will be joining the cast as Hamilton for three weeks!"

Way to go David.. You solved the Hagan's problem....Who we gonna take from Ham for Comet? Dixon?

JBroadway Profile Photo
JBroadway
#57Hamilton Special Announcement on August 11
Posted: 8/8/17 at 8:48pm

JayElle said: "Lin and OBC will replace the entire Comet cast. "

I'm fully aware that this is a joke, but just for fun, here's how I'd cast it:

Pippa = Natasha (obviously)
Christopher = Pierre
Jasmine = Sonya
Renée = Helene 
Lin = Dolokhov (sorry) 
Leslie = Anatole 
Daveed = Balaga 
Oak = Bolkonsky (sorry) 

Updated On: 8/8/17 at 08:48 PM

PepperedShepherd Profile Photo
PepperedShepherd
#58Hamilton Special Announcement on August 11
Posted: 8/8/17 at 8:48pm

Alexander Lamar said: "Maybe live-streaming a number or two from the LA opening?"

Something along those lines makes a lot of sense.

Since it's the date of the L.A. opening, if it were an announcement involving one of the other productions, it would steal some of its fire. Why not wait a day or two, if that were the case?

But if it were something like Lin briefly joining the LA cast, it could actually cause a bit of a backlash, primarily because the first weeks of the run are sold out. Why majorly hype something that won't benefit anyone except the "resellers"?

broadwaysfguy
#59Hamilton Special Announcement on August 11
Posted: 8/8/17 at 10:19pm

lin is working hard to break into movies

hamilton la opener is the hottest ticket in town

which means tons of major tv and movie producers 

directors ans casting management

of course he will play LA(duh) for the opener and maybe a week or more

broadwaysfguy
#60Hamilton Special Announcement on August 11
Posted: 8/8/17 at 10:19pm

lin is working hard to break into movies

hamilton la opener is the hottest ticket in town

which means tons of major tv and movie producers 

directors ans casting management

of course he will play LA(duh) for the opener and maybe a week or more

trpguyy
#61Hamilton Special Announcement on August 11
Posted: 8/8/17 at 10:38pm

Lin has agents, managers, and major TV and film credits. He doesn't need to get discovered at the Pantages. Having said that, it's not unreasonable to think that he'd drop in and do a performance or two, seeing as he's said in the past that he intends to do exactly that.

Hellob Profile Photo
Hellob
#62Hamilton Special Announcement on August 11
Posted: 8/8/17 at 10:46pm

JBroadway said: "JayElle said: "Lin and OBC will replace the entire Comet cast. "

I'm fully aware that this is a joke, but just for fun, here's how I'd cast it:

Pippa = Natasha (obviously)
Christopher = Pierre
Jasmine = Sonya
Renée = Helene 
Lin = Dolokhov (sorry) 
Leslie = Anatole 
Daveed = Balaga 
Oak = Bolkonsky (sorry) 

"

I'd switch Jasmine and Renee, cut Oak, put Lin there, move Odom to Dolokhov and put Groff in as the aunt. I'd pick up Chapelle for plain Mary. I want Daveed as Anatole bc he's got more sex appeal. Ramos as Balaga

Updated On: 8/8/17 at 10:46 PM

chelseaburnside
#63Hamilton Special Announcement on August 11
Posted: 8/8/17 at 11:29pm

Lin is scheduled to be on the James Corden show on the 15th, I'm guessing they'll be talking about whatever this announcement is which makes me think it has to be something *big* enough that it'll matter to the GP, not just the immediate theater comm.

Updated On: 8/8/17 at 11:29 PM

Patty3
#64Hamilton Special Announcement on August 11
Posted: 8/9/17 at 12:01am

Playing Mulligan/Madison. 

David10086 said: "I heard they're announcing Mandy Patinkin will be joining the cast as Hamilton for three weeks! 

laugh

"

Updated On: 8/9/17 at 12:01 AM

The Elf Who Knits
#65Hamilton Special Announcement on August 11
Posted: 8/9/17 at 1:28am

Maybe something to do with a film adaptation? 

JBroadway Profile Photo
JBroadway
#66Hamilton Special Announcement on August 11
Posted: 8/9/17 at 2:40am

Hellob said: "I'd switch Jasmine and Renee, cut Oak, put Lin there, move Odom to Dolokhov and put Groff in as the aunt. I'd pick up Chapelle for plain Mary. I want Daveed as Anatole bc he's got more sex appeal. Ramos as Balaga"

Many of those ideas are also good. I considered switching Jasmine and Renée - Jasmine would be a great Helene but I don't see Renée as Sonya. Don't know how I feel about Ramos as Balaga, but other than that I think your version works well. I think it could go a lot of different ways! Pretty interesting that the 2 shows both have the same number of principal tracks! 

Hellob Profile Photo
Hellob
#67Hamilton Special Announcement on August 11
Posted: 8/9/17 at 3:10am

JBroadway said: "Hellob said: "I'd switch Jasmine and Renee, cut Oak, put Lin there, move Odom to Dolokhov and put Groff in as the aunt. I'd pick up Chapelle for plain Mary. I want Daveed as Anatole bc he's got more sex appeal. Ramos as Balaga"

Many of those ideas are also good. I considered switching Jasmine and Renée - Jasmine would be a great Helene but I don't see Renée as Sonya. Don't know how I feel about Ramos as Balaga, but other than that I think your version works well. I think it could go a lot of different ways! Pretty interesting that the 2 shows both have the same number of principal tracks! 

"

You're probably right about the Renee/Jasmine roles. I want to switch back lol. 

notalwaysontime Profile Photo
notalwaysontime
#68Hamilton Special Announcement on August 11
Posted: 8/9/17 at 4:10am

I can't see it being Lin doing LA Tour dates, if only because I can't see him doing that to Michael. Maybe down the line as an temporary replacement, or a place holder between someone leaving and someone new coming it, but I can't see him jumping in mid schedule on someone, he's way too supportive of a guy, he seems to thrive on cheering people on and seeing others succeed. If Michael hadn't just gone on a week vacation like a week and a half ago, maybe but as it all sits right now, I think it would be weird.

As far as using the Lin-ism, I'm pretty sure their social media has adapted some of his more commonly used phrases in the past, it could have to do with him, but I don't think that necessarily means it is. I am very curious one way or another though. 

Rumpelstiltskin Profile Photo
Rumpelstiltskin
#69Hamilton Special Announcement on August 11
Posted: 8/9/17 at 9:02am

Maybe instead of Hamilton actors taking roles in Comet (which I get was a joke), it'll be all the soon-to-be-unemployed Comet actors who are replacing roles in Hamilton (which, while fun to speculate, is a joke as well.)

n.holden
#70Hamilton Special Announcement on August 11
Posted: 8/9/17 at 10:21am

JBroadway said: "Hellob said: "I'd switch Jasmine and Renee, cut Oak, put Lin there, move Odom to Dolokhov and put Groff in as the aunt. I'd pick up Chapelle for plain Mary. I want Daveed as Anatole bc he's got more sex appeal. Ramos as Balaga"

Many of those ideas are also good. I considered switching Jasmine and Renée - Jasmine would be a great Helene but I don't see Renée as Sonya. Don't know how I feel about Ramos as Balaga, but other than that I think your version works well. I think it could go a lot of different ways! Pretty interesting that the 2 shows both have the same number of principal tracks!

I think Renee would be great as Marya, and maybe Groff as Anatole?

"

JBroadway Profile Photo
JBroadway
#71Hamilton Special Announcement on August 11
Posted: 8/9/17 at 12:13pm

Rumpelstiltskin said: "Maybe instead of Hamilton actors taking roles in Comet (which I get was a joke), it'll be all the soon-to-be-unemployed Comet actors who are replacing roles in Hamilton (which, while fun to speculate, is a joke as well.)"

Alright, well since you brought it up, let's do this now:

Denée Benton = Eliza (would actually love to see this)

Okieriete Onaodowan = Mulligan/Madison

Courtney Bassett = Laurens/Philip

Nicholas Belton = Washington

Nick Choksi = Hamilton

Amber Gray = Angelica (PLEASE) 

Grace McLean = Burr

Ingrid Michaelson = Maria/Peggy

Paul Pinto =  Lafayette/Jefferson

Lucas Steele = King George (would actually love to see this too) 

Scarlet Leigh Profile Photo
Scarlet Leigh
#72Hamilton Special Announcement on August 11
Posted: 8/9/17 at 12:28pm

The announcement is definitely going to be related to the LA production. My friend just posted on her social media that she called Pantages box office and the staff told her that the lotto details would come out Friday. While I hope that's not the WHOLE announcement, it will be a part of it.

Updated On: 8/9/17 at 12:28 PM

BroadwayConcierge Profile Photo
BroadwayConcierge
#73Hamilton Special Announcement on August 11
Posted: 8/9/17 at 3:02pm

Luwoye was doing interviews for LA TV this morning, so I strongly doubt Lin will be stepping in at the Pantages. Also, why should the entire Hamilton fan base (beyond people who have tickets for LA) be excited about that? I'm trying to be realistic about what this could possibly be, but I'm also trying to imagine what could be worth getting everybody so eager three full days in advance...

Updated On: 8/9/17 at 03:02 PM

Phantom4ever
#74Hamilton Special Announcement on August 11
Posted: 8/9/17 at 3:09pm

Maybe some new contest where you get to see all five hamilton productions 

Videos