pixeltracker

2022 Tony Award Performances- Page 3

2022 Tony Award Performances

YvanEhtNioj Profile Photo
YvanEhtNioj
#502022 Tony Award Performances
Posted: 6/8/22 at 8:36pm

They couldn’t even get Sharon? Dang

Miss Keisha? Miss Keisha? Miss Keishhhaaaa?

BrodyFosse123 Profile Photo
BrodyFosse123
#512022 Tony Award Performances
Posted: 6/8/22 at 9:36pm

FUNNY GIRL will not be performing.  Word got out.

ashley0139
#522022 Tony Award Performances
Posted: 6/8/22 at 10:04pm

BrodyFosse123 said: "FUNNY GIRL will not be performing. Word got out."

Wow. Is this solely because Beanie has Covid I wonder? That's shocking.

I'm just dying to know what Company will be performing. I'm hoping for the opening number. I don't really want them to do Not Getting Married, but they probably will. Although that doesn't feature Patti. It would be cool if they did a medley.

"This table, he is over one hundred years old. If I could, I would take an old gramophone needle and run it along the surface of the wood. To hear the music of the voices. All that was said." - Doug Wright, I Am My Own Wife

BrodyFosse123
#532022 Tony Award Performances
Posted: 6/8/22 at 10:20pm

Beanie just contracted COVID.  Performances on the Tony Awards are planned months in advance.  Had FUNNY GIRL been on the slate to perform, they’d have  done adjustments but not cancel.  They’re not going to just eat thousands of dollars it costs a show to have a production number on the Tony Awards simply because Beanie has COVID. 

Laurapattifan Profile Photo
Laurapattifan
#542022 Tony Award Performances
Posted: 6/8/22 at 10:24pm

ashley0139 said: "BrodyFosse123 said: "FUNNY GIRL will not be performing. Word got out."

I'm just dying to know what Company will be performing. I'm hoping for the opening number. I don't really want them to do Not Getting Married, but they probably will. Although that doesn't feature Patti. It would be cool if they did a medley.
"

Tony Shalhob is a presenter so I’m assuming Katrina will be performing not just a walk on in Company’s performance. 

Jeffrey Karasarides Profile Photo
Jeffrey Karasarides
#552022 Tony Award Performances
Posted: 6/8/22 at 10:29pm

Laurapattifan said: "ashley0139 said: "BrodyFosse123 said: "FUNNY GIRL will not be performing. Word got out."

"

Tony Shalhob is a presenter so I’m assuming Katrina will be performing not just a walk on in Company’s performance.
"

Since Raúl Esparza is a presenter, I've been wondering if he's gonna be the one to introduce the Company performance. Then again, I can see him only appearing during the Paramount+ portion.

Bill Snibson Profile Photo
Bill Snibson
#562022 Tony Award Performances
Posted: 6/8/22 at 11:17pm

Why would Funny Girl have performed anyway seeing as how it wasn’t nominated in the revival category? My understanding is that shows don’t just get to pay to perform. The nominated musicals and revivals have guaranteed slots but anything after that tends to be if the Tony’s decide to “showcase the choreography from the season” or something of that ilk. 

BJR Profile Photo
BJR
#572022 Tony Award Performances
Posted: 6/9/22 at 7:28am

The last 10 years or so, shows have performed even without nominations, per the wishes of CBS.

I thought they might do "We Taught Her Everything She Knows," which is a charming number that shows off their nominee and the tapping, but also doesn't feel to "Penny in My Pocket," if you get what I mean.

ElephantLoveMedley
#582022 Tony Award Performances
Posted: 6/9/22 at 11:12am

Performers are announced! Looks like we're getting a Spring Awakening reunion on Sunday!

ErmengardeStopSniveling Profile Photo
ErmengardeStopSniveling
#592022 Tony Award Performances
Posted: 6/9/22 at 11:14am

Can't wait to cry during what I will assume is a Sondheim tribute by Bernadette Peters crying

Updated On: 6/9/22 at 11:14 AM

OhHiii
#602022 Tony Award Performances
Posted: 6/9/22 at 11:58am

I’d be willing to bet we’re getting a Sunday performance from the Gay Men’s Chorus. I hope the Sondheim tribute, as much as I love her, isn’t solely Bernadette. He deserves a big sendoff.  

Bill Snibson
#612022 Tony Award Performances
Posted: 6/9/22 at 12:23pm

ElephantLoveMedley said: "Performers are announced! Looks like we're getting aSpring Awakeningreunion on Sunday!"

I wonder if they’ll be doing the “In Memoriam” section.  

OhHiii
#622022 Tony Award Performances
Posted: 6/9/22 at 1:42pm

Bill Snibson said: "ElephantLoveMedley said: "I wonder if they’ll be doing the “In Memoriam” section."

That...would certainly be a choice...

I imagine this could be a reunion performance of what they did the year they won. It's an iconic performance and to see them recreate it in some fashion would be incredible.

MayAudraBlessYou2 Profile Photo
MayAudraBlessYou2
#632022 Tony Award Performances
Posted: 6/9/22 at 2:34pm

OhHiii said: "I’d be willing to bet we’re getting a Sunday performance from the Gay Men’s Chorus. I hope the Sondheim tribute, as much as I love her, isn’t solely Bernadette. He deserves a big sendoff."

The Gay Men's Chorus will NOT be singing Sunday. They are not part of the Sondheim moment. But theyre doing a fun song which I think most theater folks will love.

ErmengardeStopSniveling Profile Photo
ErmengardeStopSniveling
#642022 Tony Award Performances
Posted: 6/9/22 at 3:03pm

FWIW, we could also have unannounced performers for the telecast.

VintageSnarker
#652022 Tony Award Performances
Posted: 6/9/22 at 5:28pm

YvanEhtNioj said: "They couldn’t even get Sharon? Dang"

Expected. I still hope she wins as the most deserving nominee in that category, but performing has no substantial benefit for her or Roundabout and there are clips of her Lot's Wife easily accessible for anyone interested.

BCfitasafiddle
#662022 Tony Award Performances
Posted: 6/9/22 at 5:34pm

the OBC of Spring Awakening doing "Purple Summer" for the in-memoriam would be beautiful and touching in every way. But, we'll see.

BrodyFosse123
#672022 Tony Award Performances
Posted: 6/9/22 at 5:36pm

I was at the rehearsals earlier for a few minutes (work related) and I watched COMPANY rehearsing.  I know what they’re performing.  cheeky

Robbie2 Profile Photo
Robbie2
#682022 Tony Award Performances
Posted: 6/9/22 at 5:43pm

VintageSnarker said: "YvanEhtNioj said: "They couldn’t even get Sharon? Dang"

Expected. I still hope she wins as the most deserving nominee in that category, but performing has no substantial benefit for her or Roundabout and there are clips of her Lot's Wife easily accessible for anyone interested.
"

Alot of buzz around Paradise Square's Joaquina Kalukango and Sutton could even take it but Joaquina just may take it over Sharon D. Clarke!

"Anything you do, let it it come from you--then it will be new." Sunday in the Park with George

Bill Snibson
#692022 Tony Award Performances
Posted: 6/9/22 at 5:55pm

BCfitasafiddle said: "the OBC of Spring Awakeningdoing "Purple Summer" for the in-memoriam would be beautiful and touching in every way. But, we'll see."

Yup. I was actually thinking “Those You’ve Known”. I’d need about 5 boxes of tissues. 

BJR Profile Photo
BJR
#702022 Tony Award Performances
Posted: 6/9/22 at 6:13pm

BrodyFosse123 said: "I was at the rehearsals earlier for a few minutes (work related) and I watched COMPANY rehearsing. I know what they’re performing. cheeky"

Hint!!!!

ElephantLoveMedley
#712022 Tony Award Performances
Posted: 6/9/22 at 6:15pm

BrodyFosse123 said: "I was at the rehearsals earlier for a few minutes (work related) and I watched COMPANY rehearsing. I know what they’re performing. cheeky"

Weird flex but ok

VotePeron Profile Photo
VotePeron
#722022 Tony Award Performances
Posted: 6/9/22 at 7:16pm

You and all the “broadway gossipers” on twitter — ffs, spill the tea or don’t say anything at all. No one thinks you’re cool for withholding information. 

BrodyFosse123
#732022 Tony Award Performances
Posted: 6/9/22 at 7:30pm

VotePeron said: "BrodyFosse123 said: "I was at the rehearsals earlier for a few minutes (work related) and I watched COMPANY rehearsing. I know what they’re performing. cheeky"

You and all the “broadway gossipers” on twitter — ffs, spill the tea or don’t say anything at all. No one thinks you’re cool for withholding information.
"

I will confirm Katrina is part of it.  As is LuPone.  And also other cast members.  

TotallyEffed Profile Photo
TotallyEffed
#742022 Tony Award Performances
Posted: 6/9/22 at 7:55pm

BrodyFosse123 said: "VotePeron said: "BrodyFosse123 said: "I was at the rehearsals earlier for a few minutes (work related) and I watched COMPANY rehearsing. I know what they’re performing. cheeky"

"

I will confirm Katrina is part of it. As is LuPone. And also other cast members.
"

Oh, so members of the cast of Company will be performing in the number from Company? The plot thins!

Videos