pixeltracker

LEGALLY BLONDE REALITY SHOW- Page 3

LEGALLY BLONDE REALITY SHOW

Rymes_With_Witch Profile Photo
Rymes_With_Witch
#50re: LEGALLY BLONDE REALITY SHOW
Posted: 1/17/08 at 12:46pm

The whole thing is horrifying. Reality shows in general make me want to gouge my eyes out, but this is much worse! Not everyone wants to be on TV (myself included); why should we have to subject ourselves to this crap just to be able to audition for shows (like it wasn't hard enough already)? The reason I hate shows like American Idol, You're The One That I Want, etc, it that most of the people on them (I'm talking about finalists/winners) are not half as talented as most of the hard working performers I know. Its a cheap way to get your 15 minutes of fame. With the direction Broadway is heading, in a few years I might be ready to move back to Florida and do regional theater for the rest of my life. At least I'll have a little integrity left knowing I won't have to pimp myself out to MTV for a role.
Updated On: 1/17/08 at 12:46 PM

carymetorent2 Profile Photo
carymetorent2
#51re: LEGALLY BLONDE REALITY SHOW
Posted: 1/17/08 at 1:18pm

I don't think that LBB is the thing that is keeping LB open....so when she leaves, that won't be the reason the show closes.

Orfeh leaving....that's another story....

"Less Of A Marilyn, More Of A Jackie" www.richardhblake.com

Kelly2 Profile Photo
Kelly2
#52re: LEGALLY BLONDE REALITY SHOW
Posted: 1/17/08 at 1:26pm

Orfeh and Andy Karl leaving will be a big blow for Legally Blonde. They're the best part about that show.

I wonder who's gonna host the reality show? I hope it isn't the Hills girls again...what about Richard Blake? He's HILARIOUS on the Broadway.com videos, especially the opening night one. Anyone else think he'd make a fun host?

Either him or Andy Karl...because...he's...hot. Yeah. That's the main reason.

"Get mad, then get over it." - Colin Powell

carymetorent2
#53re: LEGALLY BLONDE REALITY SHOW
Posted: 1/17/08 at 1:29pm

Word to the Andy Karl hotness.

I would love to see Richard host that show. It would be smart if they took someone from within the cast to get people interested in the show and also because most of the cast of LB can read off of cue cards without difficulty.

But most of my bias aside, I found Richard Blake to be an excellent host for the Broadway.com stuff he did...so I think it's a great idea.

shesamarshmallow
#54re: LEGALLY BLONDE REALITY SHOW
Posted: 1/17/08 at 1:31pm

I don't think Andy Karl would want that kind of exposure - he strikes me as a rather private person in terms of fans.
As for Richard Blake, I don't think he's the MTV type.

Why not go for Paul Canaan? He was a lot of fun at the taping of the show, and I think it would be smarter to go that way than your average boring straight male host.

broadwayunderstudies.com - most underrated performers on broadway

Kelly2 Profile Photo
Kelly2
#55re: LEGALLY BLONDE REALITY SHOW
Posted: 1/17/08 at 2:15pm

I don't necessarily think Andy Karl would want to do it, but he is...really hot. And that's...like...awesome.

I don't think Paul Canaan has enough of a part in Blonde for him to make sense as the host. I like the idea of the host being an easily identifiable face in the cast, which is why I think Richard makes the most sense, beyond that he's already proved that he's adept with handling a task of that nature and that he's quick-witted enough for it.

carymetorent2
#56re: LEGALLY BLONDE REALITY SHOW
Posted: 1/17/08 at 2:19pm

I agree with kelly.

Paul was great for teaching the Bend and Snap at MTV, but I don't think he has what it takes to host. It would be funny if he was on as a fashion consultant for the makeovers or something or if he had a whole teaching the Bend and Snap episode.

Nikki Snelson would probably be another fun host, but I think a male makes more sense. There will be enough estrogen on that show.

fishergirl819 Profile Photo
fishergirl819
#57re: LEGALLY BLONDE REALITY SHOW
Posted: 1/17/08 at 2:22pm

Eh, Paul was servicable as the host of the taping (although 15ish minutes on stage before the show directing the audience doesn't really strike me as much of hosting duties), but I agree with Kelly2 - if you're going to go with a cast member as the host, go with someone more noticeable. Give it to the Greek Chorus girls...give it to Andy Karl....give it to Richard Blake (who I agree does a very good job hosting those broadway.com videos)...give it to someone who sticks out. You know?

Or don't go with ANYONE as host - just completely scrap the idea altogether! Heh.

theminutepast
#58re: LEGALLY BLONDE REALITY SHOW
Posted: 1/17/08 at 5:00pm

I don't understand why people like Orfeh in Legally Blonde. She has the worst songs and lines, and doesn't really deliver a strong, solid character. She's either there going through the lines or over the top. When I told my friends watching the MTV taping that she was nominated for a Tony, they were shocked.

keepitpossitive Profile Photo
keepitpossitive
#59re: LEGALLY BLONDE REALITY SHOW
Posted: 1/17/08 at 6:26pm

really..paul

haha

Remote33
#60re: LEGALLY BLONDE REALITY SHOW
Posted: 1/17/08 at 6:31pm

This show will be so predictable.

There will be a very bitchy blonde girl who thinks she is amazing but isn't who will be kept around until the Final 3 or so t cause drama.

There will be an overweight contestant who can outsing and outact all the others but will get around 10th place solely for image.

There will be a token soulful black girl cut around the Final 6 or 7 when they run out of excuses to keep her.

The fan-favorite, public sweetheart will come in second. The winner will perform as Elle for six months and we'll never hear about her again.

desiree armfeldt Profile Photo
desiree armfeldt
#61re: LEGALLY BLONDE REALITY SHOW
Posted: 1/17/08 at 9:32pm

I have to agree abt the Orfeh thing though. Her character is so fake. It drives me nuts. I would love to see her be more natural and not just a caricature.

BreeDaniel Profile Photo
BreeDaniel
#62re: LEGALLY BLONDE REALITY SHOW
Posted: 1/17/08 at 9:44pm

Oh here we go again. Orfeh's great, I'm sorry you think she sucks, most people disagree including the Tony nominating commitee. Frankly she's the best thing about that show and with those songs and lines, it only works with an over the top portrayal as was proven to many when Orfeh was on vacation. But that's not even what this thread is about. Can we stick to the topic?

Kelly2 Profile Photo
Kelly2
#63re: LEGALLY BLONDE REALITY SHOW
Posted: 1/17/08 at 10:20pm

"Oh here we go again. Orfeh's great, I'm sorry you think she sucks, most people disagree including the Tony nominating commitee. Frankly she's the best thing about that show and with those songs and lines, it only works with an over the top portrayal as was proven to many when Orfeh was on vacation. But that's not even what this thread is about. Can we stick to the topic?"

Word to Bree.

carymetorent2
#64re: LEGALLY BLONDE REALITY SHOW
Posted: 1/18/08 at 12:11am

What Bree said.

Anakela Profile Photo
Anakela
#65re: LEGALLY BLONDE REALITY SHOW
Posted: 1/18/08 at 12:30pm

First official announcement on auditions?
Maybe?
I can't keep track anymore. :)
MTV Announces Nationwide Dates for Legally Blonde Reality Auditions

jake6970
#66re: LEGALLY BLONDE REALITY SHOW
Posted: 1/18/08 at 12:34pm

I think having the greek chorus host it would be an awesome idea.

Borstalboy Profile Photo
Borstalboy
#67re: LEGALLY BLONDE REALITY SHOW
Posted: 1/18/08 at 12:40pm

NOTHING in this is an "awesome idea".

Its an act of utter, embarrasing desperation.

"Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary. Impossible is nothing.” ~ Muhammad Ali

Mattbrain
#68re: LEGALLY BLONDE REALITY SHOW
Posted: 1/18/08 at 2:04pm

Good God, it IS real.

Butters, go buy World of Warcraft, install it on your computer, and join the online sensation before we all murder you. --Cartman: South Park ATTENTION FANS: I will be played by James Barbour in the upcoming musical, "BroadwayWorld: The Musical."

YoYo12345
#69re: LEGALLY BLONDE REALITY SHOW
Posted: 1/20/08 at 4:15am

no, think about it.

An unknown gets to close out a brand new musical...she'll get in just in time to hit up Spotlight Live for the parties!

I'm only slightly kidding. Okay, if you are an aspiring performer, waiting for your big break, would you allow a reality show not give that break to you? Would you not take any opportunity given by Telsey Casting, because for us non-equity actresses, they just don't seem to ever give any. Now the January open call in NYC and a massive nation-wide search with MTV at the relms!

Oh the madness. Can't get enough of it.

LePetiteFromage
Posted: 1/20/08 at 4:22am

Updated On: 5/8/09 at 04:22 AM

DramaQueen700 Profile Photo
DramaQueen700
#71re: LEGALLY BLONDE REALITY SHOW
Posted: 1/20/08 at 12:56pm

THe way i see it is, its either this, or the show closes earlier than necessary. I rather have them film a slew of open calls than have the show close....

Whats the big deal? No one is making you watch it. It could be fun!

"The Light in the Piazza....My Love"

desiree armfeldt Profile Photo
desiree armfeldt
#72re: LEGALLY BLONDE REALITY SHOW
Posted: 1/20/08 at 1:07pm

As scary as it may be for seasoned broadway performers to see casting on reality television, it's undeniable that it is fun and exciting to watch!

NYCblurb
#73re: LEGALLY BLONDE REALITY SHOW
Posted: 1/20/08 at 11:06pm

They should cast somebody in the lead who will sell some tickets.

LBB's not the one.

A lover of theater for decades. Teacher by day. Family man by night. See more theater than most, oftentimes a hesitant plus one.

FosterChild Profile Photo
FosterChild
#74re: LEGALLY BLONDE REALITY SHOW
Posted: 1/21/08 at 10:08am

That's true NYCblurb especially since the "unknown found on a reality show" thing, seems better suited for an original cast. When a show is struggling and the lead didn't become a box office draw, how is this going to help? And on a network like Mtv, it's even less appealing. By the way to the person who posted about "getting in front of Telsey's", the casting is being done by Mtv's people.

Videos