pixeltracker

Laura Osnes to Sail into SOUTH PACIFIC Replacing Kelli O'Hara Mar. 10- Page 3

Laura Osnes to Sail into SOUTH PACIFIC Replacing Kelli O'Hara Mar. 10

starzilla
#50re: Laura Osnes to Sail into SOUTH PACIFIC Replacing Kello O'Hara Starting
Posted: 2/12/09 at 7:43pm

Good For Her! I am delighted that Laura has once again secured a plum role. As they say Talent eventually wins out. She will bring a whole new dynamic energy into an already spectacular show.

everythingtaboo Profile Photo
everythingtaboo
#51re: Laura Osnes to Sail into SOUTH PACIFIC Replacing Kello O'Hara Starting
Posted: 2/12/09 at 8:56pm

I'm sure Laura will be fine, but I always thought the character was supposed to be a little older, more worldly experienced, not the ingenue vibe that Laura gives.

"Hey little girls, look at all the men in shiny shirts and no wives!" - Jackie Hoffman, Xanadu, 19 Feb 2008

CSonBroadway Profile Photo
CSonBroadway
#52re: Laura Osnes to Sail into SOUTH PACIFIC Replacing Kello O'Hara Starting
Posted: 2/12/09 at 9:16pm

Good for her!

I'm a professional. Whenever something goes wrong on stage, I know how to handle it so no one ever remembers. I flash my %#$&. "Jayne just sat there while Gina flailed around the stage like an idiot."

fashionguru_23 Profile Photo
fashionguru_23
#53re: Laura Osnes to Sail into SOUTH PACIFIC Replacing Kello O'Hara Starting
Posted: 2/12/09 at 9:28pm

I totally trust Bartlett Sher. I mean, with awesome performers looking for work, it is interesting to see Laura casted. (I also say the same, that I trust David Stone in casting Nicole Parker for Wicked.)

Although, I want to point out, that she has done many things since Grease, so that must mean she is a good performer. Very happy for her. I don't see this as "stunt casting". To me, stunt casting is like Britney Spears in Sweet Charity, or numerious "Big Name" celebrities in Chicago or Rent.

(Scared to say, that I watched the search for Danny and Sandy on tv, and from Day 1 of the "Top 10" you knew she was going to win.)

"Ok ok ok ok ok ok ok. Have you guys heard about fidget spinners!?" ~Patti LuPone

breakfree303
#54re: Laura Osnes to Sail into SOUTH PACIFIC Replacing Kello O'Hara Starting
Posted: 2/12/09 at 9:34pm

I watched Grease:YTOTIW religiously when it was on.
I thought Laura was very plesant to watch.
I'm a cockeyed optimist* so I wish her all the best and think she will do well in the show.

*pardon the use of song titles, but I thought it was appropriate.

"'Cats' is the second worst thing that ever happened to New York City"-Jersey Girl

Dolly_Levi Profile Photo
Dolly_Levi
#55re: Laura Osnes to Sail into SOUTH PACIFIC Replacing Kello O'Hara Starting
Posted: 2/12/09 at 11:34pm

I had hoped they might use the amazing Kate Baldwin.

But I do think this does wonders to further legitimize Osnes's career.

Laughter is much more important than applause. Applause is almost a duty. Laughter is a reward. Carol Channing

bwaybabe2
#56re: Laura Osnes to Sail into SOUTH PACIFIC Replacing Kello O'Hara Starting
Posted: 2/13/09 at 4:09am

She's going to be performing at Sardi's on the 21st Feb. She seems to have the "something" for the part, coming off as romantic and lively, at the same time. About the hair... =I
Well, it is always nice when the actors change themselves to fit into the roles...however, I find something of a refreshing and unique individualism (and I say this because most actors would be SO afraid of losing the part, that they would do whatever it takes) for her to refuse to dye her hair.
If people just give her the opportunity and not compare her to Kelli...

ColorTheHours048 Profile Photo
ColorTheHours048
#57re: Laura Osnes to Sail into SOUTH PACIFIC Replacing Kello O'Hara Starting
Posted: 2/13/09 at 10:40am

You know what? I thought about it last night and I changed my mind. Good for her! She used a crappy production to act as her gateway into the Broadway world (haha) and now she's picking up some MORE than legitimate jobs. She must have done something right to earn a spot in one of the most highly lauded pieces on Broadway right now.

Congrats, Laura.

TenThousandThings Profile Photo
TenThousandThings
dapperchapper
#59re: Laura Osnes to Sail into SOUTH PACIFIC Replacing Kello O'Hara Starting
Posted: 2/13/09 at 12:40pm

GOOD FOR HER.

This production is outstanding and I trust LCT and Bartlet Sher. They know what they are doing. I think she will be wonderful and her age will not be a problem. Nellie is supposed to be noticeably younger than Emile.

karen24 Profile Photo
karen24
#60re: Laura Osnes to Sail into SOUTH PACIFIC Replacing Kello O'Hara Starting
Posted: 2/13/09 at 1:11pm

I think that some people get the idea that Nellie Forbush is supposed to be "older" or "more experienced" because Mary Martin was around 36 when she opened in the show. But actually, Nellie is described as "naive" and "incurably green." I always thought that the part was really written for a younger woman, maybe a new nurse. I don't think Osnes's age will be a hindrance.

Maggie-the-schnoodle

Eris0303 Profile Photo
Eris0303
#61re: Laura Osnes to Sail into SOUTH PACIFIC Replacing Kello O'Hara Starting
Posted: 2/13/09 at 2:10pm

I wonder if Laura's appearance with the Boston Pops in May is still on. It's not on the schedule but I remember hearing something about her being there this coming May.

"All our dreams can come true -- if we have the courage to pursue them." -- Walt Disney We must have different Gods. My God said "do to others what you would have them do to you". Your God seems to have said "My Way or the Highway".

singer73192 Profile Photo
singer73192
#62re: Laura Osnes to Sail into SOUTH PACIFIC Replacing Kello O'Hara Starting
Posted: 2/13/09 at 9:41pm

Does anyone know if Paulo has left yet? If so when will he be back?

That Girl
#63re: Laura Osnes to Sail into SOUTH PACIFIC Replacing Kello O'Hara Starting
Posted: 2/13/09 at 9:54pm

If you want to hear Laura sing something non-Grease like, here you go- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5yEqCRudi4o

logan0215 Profile Photo
logan0215
#64re: Laura Osnes to Sail into SOUTH PACIFIC Replacing Kello O'Hara Starting
Posted: 2/13/09 at 11:24pm

During "Piazza" I was under the impression that the Vivian Beaumont Theater was reserved for limited runs with the option for extending.

Bringing in Laura then having Kelli return puts this shows run at how long?

Is there a cap that the Beaumont enforces?

I love America. Just because I think gay dudes should be allowed to adopt kids and we should all have hybrid cars doesn't mean I don't love America. [turns and winks directly into the camera] - Liz Lemon (Tina Fey) on 30 Rock

Eris0303 Profile Photo
Eris0303
#65re: Laura Osnes to Sail into SOUTH PACIFIC Replacing Kello O'Hara Starting
Posted: 2/14/09 at 3:11pm

That Girl, I can't respond to you if your PMs are off

"All our dreams can come true -- if we have the courage to pursue them." -- Walt Disney We must have different Gods. My God said "do to others what you would have them do to you". Your God seems to have said "My Way or the Highway".

dg22894
Danviolaman92
#67re: Laura Osnes to Sail into SOUTH PACIFIC Replacing Kello O'Hara Starting
Posted: 2/14/09 at 3:43pm

If Kelli is leaving on the 7th and Laura is coming in on the 10th, do you think Kelli's understudy will be on for the 8th?

kissmeimirish
#68re: Laura Osnes to Sail into SOUTH PACIFIC Replacing Kello O'Hara Starting
Posted: 2/14/09 at 4:23pm

i think Max might make an interesting Emilio. Discuss.

givesmevoice Profile Photo
givesmevoice
#69re: Laura Osnes to Sail into SOUTH PACIFIC Replacing Kello O'Hara Starting
Posted: 2/14/09 at 4:36pm

i think Max might make an interesting Emilio. Discuss.

re: Laura Osnes to Sail into SOUTH PACIFIC Replacing Kello O'Hara Starting

=

re: Laura Osnes to Sail into SOUTH PACIFIC Replacing Kello O'Hara Starting

When I see the phrase "the ____ estate", I imagine a vast mansion in the country full of monocled men and high-collared women receiving letters about productions across the country and doing spit-takes at whatever they contain. -Kad

Mattbrain
#70re: Laura Osnes to Sail into SOUTH PACIFIC Replacing Kello O'Hara Starting
Posted: 2/14/09 at 4:43pm

Hehehehe.

Butters, go buy World of Warcraft, install it on your computer, and join the online sensation before we all murder you. --Cartman: South Park ATTENTION FANS: I will be played by James Barbour in the upcoming musical, "BroadwayWorld: The Musical."

Timmer
#71re: Laura Osnes to Sail into SOUTH PACIFIC Replacing Kello O'Hara Starting
Posted: 2/14/09 at 4:43pm

"I really think she was the most talented one to come out of the mess that was the Grease reality show."

So do I, but she and Ashley were a close call. Both are talented, attractie women.

Timmer
#72re: Laura Osnes to Sail into SOUTH PACIFIC Replacing Kello O'Hara Starting
Posted: 2/14/09 at 4:51pm

"I watched the search for Danny and Sandy on tv, and from Day 1 of the "Top 10" you knew she was going to win."

I wouldn't say that. I think Ashly gave her a run for her money, though Laura was the right choice. I think she really took the part when she did "Fever". It showed she could do Sandy's sexy side as well as teh innocent Sandy.

colleen_lee
#73re: Laura Osnes to Sail into SOUTH PACIFIC Replacing Kello O'Hara Starting
Posted: 2/14/09 at 6:35pm

Can we please stop discussing that god forsaken show? For the sake of everyone involved, just let it go.

"You just can't win. Ever. Look at the bright side, at least you are not stuck in First Wives Club: The Musical. That would really suck. " --Sueleen Gay

That Girl
#74re: Laura Osnes to Sail into SOUTH PACIFIC Replacing Kello O'Hara Starting
Posted: 2/14/09 at 8:48pm

Hi Eris! Sorry my PMs are turned off-can you tell me how to turn it back on again? I tried and I'm embarassed to say I couldn't figure it out. If anyone can help me I would really appreciate it. Thanks!
Updated On: 2/14/09 at 08:48 PM

Videos