News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

FROZEN to Arrive on Broadway in Spring 2018- Page 30

FROZEN to Arrive on Broadway in Spring 2018

timrobb1414
#725FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 8/14/17 at 6:37pm

I got two, third row center seats for the 21st of April at $145 each.  There were tons of seats available for every performance I searched.  :) 

Hairspray0901
#726FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 8/14/17 at 8:06pm

Got two front mezz row B seats for a weeknight in May! $117 each (plus fees). Can't wait!!!

Updated On: 8/14/17 at 08:06 PM

MtTemple4 Profile Photo
MtTemple4
#727FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 8/14/17 at 9:10pm

April 11th matinee. Orchestra row F1, aisle, for $169. Certainly better than the $299 I was seeing for some other dates. Yay! 

brian1973
#728FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 8/15/17 at 3:42am

I'm surprised there are seats left. I actually thought it would all sell out in a frenzy like Dolly/Hamilton. Interesting!

SarahNYC2
#729FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 8/15/17 at 8:40am

I can't decide. I will be in NYC in March. Seeing decent seats for 119 dollars. My 9 year old actually has zilch interest. We live now 15 minutes from Disney so I pretty much never go to the Disney shows on Broadway. Any thoughts if this will be something truly worth seeing. Or is it just hype because it's Disney and Frozen!

JennH
#730FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 8/15/17 at 10:03am

SarahNYC2 said: "I can't decide. I will be in NYC in March. Seeing decent seats for 119 dollars. My 9 year old actually has zilch interest. We live now 15 minutes from Disney so I pretty much never go to the Disney shows on Broadway. Any thoughts if this will be something truly worth seeing. Or is it just hype because it's Disney and Frozen!

"

I mean...we don't know because it hasn't even opened yet. 

Oterh topic, I was just perusing Ticketmaster and 1...well it's selling well lolz. Sadly I have to wait to buy any ticket as I have no clue what spring holds for me, but anyways, what in the world is a "verified resale ticket'?? As in someone can resell it fro that price listed for it? Those prices are RIDICULOUS...

LYLS3637 Profile Photo
LYLS3637
#731FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 8/15/17 at 10:08am

Just got a front mezz seat for March 6 for $117-- the same seat two weeks later is $190. That seems kinda crazy. 

"I shall stay until the wind changes."

CT2NYC Profile Photo
CT2NYC
#732FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 8/15/17 at 10:17am

SarahNYC2 said: "I can't decide. I will be in NYC in March. Seeing decent seats for 119 dollars. My 9 year old actually has zilch interest. We live now 15 minutes from Disney so I pretty much never go to the Disney shows on Broadway. Any thoughts if this will be something truly worth seeing. Or is it just hype because it's Disney and Frozen!

The selling point for me is that the show will feature 12-14 new songs.

AllThatJazz2
#733FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 8/15/17 at 10:18am

brian1973 said: "I'm surprised there are seats left. I actually thought it would all sell out in a frenzy like Dolly/Hamilton. Interesting!"

Even Dolly didn't sell out in the first 24-48 hours, though sales were exponentially high. I was at a wedding and missed the initial sale date, went on a week later, and still found four second row mezz seats for our date in May, with a number of other good options for our vacation dates. A couple weeks later and you couldn't find a seat to save your life for our show. I would expect tickets to dwindle as more people get wind of the fact that they are on sale.

perfectliar
#734FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 8/15/17 at 10:29am

JennH said "Oterh topic, I was just perusing Ticketmaster and 1...well it's selling well lolz. Sadly I have to wait to buy any ticket as I have no clue what spring holds for me, but anyways, what in the world is a "verified resale ticket'?? As in someone can resell it fro that price listed for it? Those prices are RIDICULOUS..."

Verified resale means someone bought that ticket from Ticketmaster and is now trying to sell it through Ticketmaster. It's kind of like their own in-house version of Stub Hub, and they can guarantee the seat because they just transfer the ticket from one account to another. The prices get insane, but it's just like any other third party reseller.

Updated On: 8/15/17 at 10:29 AM

CT2NYC Profile Photo
CT2NYC
#735FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 8/15/17 at 10:33am

LYLS3637 said: "Just got a front mezz seat for March 6 for $117-- the same seat two weeks later is $190. That seems kinda crazy. 

I noticed that, too. I'm assuming that weekday prices are higher for the last week of March and the first week of April because of the Easter/Passover holiday. A lot of kids have school vacation at that time.

Updated On: 8/15/17 at 10:33 AM

disneybroadwayfan22 Profile Photo
disneybroadwayfan22
#736FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 8/15/17 at 10:36am

The orchestra at my show is nearly gone. Same with my mezz row

jtishere
#737FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 8/15/17 at 11:36am

Front row mezz seat purchased for April 24! $185 with taxes and fees added. The price fluctuations from day to day are fascinating. 

BroadwayConcierge Profile Photo
BroadwayConcierge
#738FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 8/15/17 at 12:02pm

They just released two more months of tickets.

https://www.facebook.com/FrozenBroadway/posts/1000757823399788

disneybroadwayfan22 Profile Photo
disneybroadwayfan22
#739FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 8/15/17 at 12:10pm

Resales are already happening. July 1st: A ticket for the orchestra is $1,000!

Notreallysilent 2
#740FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 8/15/17 at 1:03pm

How is the view from row a of the balcony? I heard it's hard to sit there in the rows behind as people lean and obstruct your view, but I'm wondering how it is in the first row with no one sitting in front of you? 

SarahNYC2
#741FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 8/15/17 at 2:13pm

JennH said: "SarahNYC2 said: "I can't decide. I will be in NYC in March. Seeing decent seats for 119 dollars. My 9 year old actually has zilch interest. We live now 15 minutes from Disney so I pretty much never go to the Disney shows on Broadway. Any thoughts if this will be something truly worth seeing. Or is it just hype because it's Disney and Frozen!

"

I mean...we don't know because it hasn't even opened yet. 

Oterh topic, I was just perusing Ticketmaster and 1...well it's selling well lolz. Sadly I have to wait to buy any ticket as I have no clue what spring holds for me, but anyways, what in the world is a "verified resale ticket'?? As in someone can resell it fro that price listed for it? Those prices are RIDICULOUS...

Right I know-sometimes those on this board do have strong opinions.If I could see with my daughter I'd just buy the tickets. But as I won't be with her in March in NYC I would not be able to go with her. If I get our summer dates soon I'd probably try for tickets then. OTOH she is adament about not wanting to see it. So maybe I should just go myself-decisions, decisions!

AllThatJazz2
#742FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 8/15/17 at 2:34pm

Notreallysilent 2 said: "How is the view from row a of the balcony? I heard it's hard to sit there in the rows behind as people lean and obstruct your view, but I'm wondering how it is in the first row with no one sitting in front of you? "

It's pretty steep. Might be difficult to view some action towards the very back of the stage, but at least you won't have rows of heads to look through as well.

There's a photo on View From My Seat here: Balcony Row A

JennH
#743FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 8/15/17 at 2:36pm

disneybroadwayfan22 said: "Resales are already happening. July 1st: A ticket for the orchestra is $1,000!

"

Good god...I just can't believe it went on sale YESTERDAY and resells are already going on...why do I have a feeling, people are reselling not because they can't go (because you can't say you can't you know EXACTLY what you're doing that day) but to do what most people on eBay do...But the thing, and resell it soon after at an insane price to make a profit. People are nuts. Just buy the damn ticket and see the show. If you didn't like, it you'll never have to go again.

poisonivy2 Profile Photo
poisonivy2
#744FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 8/15/17 at 2:52pm

Just bought a ticket March 2 for $117.50. I wonder why all the weekday perf's start at 8:00. Tjat's a late start especially for a show so designed for kids who presumably have to be in school the next day.

finebydesign Profile Photo
finebydesign
#745FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 8/15/17 at 3:06pm

FROZEN to Officially Hit BroadwayNow this is more like it! WOW

SarahNYC2
#746FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 8/15/17 at 3:22pm

I personally would never sit in the Balcony of the St James again. This summer I purchased a TodayTix at 39 dollars to see Hello Dolly. My seat sucked-there was a beam and it felt like a million miles from the stage. I see lots of shows and have sometimes sat far back and could not believe how bad this was. I was seeing it when Donna Murphy was performing. I went to the Box Office and asked if I could pay for an upgraded seat. Since the mezzo was pretty empty the man at the box office was so nice and just switched my ticket. However I can't imagine that there will be any options to switch with Frozen so I would avoid the balcony.

Monica Geller
#747FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 8/15/17 at 3:27pm

Well the St. James is a very different theater from the Shubert..... 

Fosse76
#748FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 8/15/17 at 3:38pm

SarahNYC2 said: "I personally would never sit in the Balcony of the St James again. This summer I purchased a TodayTix at 39 dollars to see Hello Dolly. My seat sucked-there was a beam and it felt like a million miles from the stage. I see lots of shows and have sometimes sat far back and could not believe how bad this was. I was seeing it when Donna Murphy was performing. I went to the Box Office and asked if I could pay for an upgraded seat. Since the mezzo was pretty empty the man at the box office was so nice and just switched my ticket. However I can't imagine that there will be any options to switch with Frozen so I would avoid the balcony."

Hello Dolly is at the Shubert, not the St. James, so your complaint is not valid. 

I did notice a bizarre inconsistency with ticket pricing when I purchased my seat. I unscientifically checked several dates for the same weekday, and my same seat (or other similarly located seat) is not consistently priced. Sometimes it's a premium seat, sometimes it's not. Sometimes it's a high premium, sometimes it's a low premium. There seem to be plenty of seats available, so I imagine this won't be a tough ticket to get until performances actually begin.

JennH
#749FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 8/15/17 at 4:16pm

finebydesign said: "FROZEN to Officially Hit BroadwayNow this is more like it! WOW

"

sdjhbcsdhNCPIdsncpoisdnCPIdjscnj[!!!!!!! I daresay that a view looking at the wings, but I DON'T CARE...that looks AMAZING...I NEED TO SEE THAT WHOLE THING

Videos