pixeltracker

Official "Beauty & the Beast" Film Adaptation Thread- Page 31

Official "Beauty & the Beast" Film Adaptation Thread

Brave Sir Robin2 Profile Photo
Brave Sir Robin2
#750Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 2/3/16 at 1:39am

I think it depends on how they're doing the enchanted objects. That might take a while to animate them.

"I saw Pavarotti play Rodolfo on stage and with his girth I thought he was about to eat the whole table at the Cafe Momus." - Dollypop

Jshan05 Profile Photo
Jshan05
#751Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 2/3/16 at 4:45pm

I'm also confused with why there is SO much post-production going in to this film. I would die to see Audra as Garderobe...does anybody know if any pictures have been released yet?

Tag Profile Photo
Tag
#752Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 2/3/16 at 4:57pm

No pictures have been released yet.

And it doesn't only have to do with post-production and animation.  The release date also depends on where the film fits in Disney's PR machine.

jimmycurry01
#753Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 2/3/16 at 5:02pm

gypsy101 said: "and why the heck is it not coming out til next March? That's 19 months of post-production, for Christ's sake

"

The real reason is timing. A lot of planning goes into when to begin production and when to release a movie. Disney needs to have tent-pole films each year to allow other movies to be made.  

Disney's The Jungle Book is being released first because it has to compete with another adaptation of the same source material with very big names attached. Disney needs their adaptation to come out before The Warner Bros. version. Because of these competing versions the release date for Beauty and the Beast gets put in 2017 so it can be the tent pole film of next year while they are placing their bets on The Jungle Book this year.

a-mad
#754Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 2/3/16 at 7:18pm

For many of Disney's recent live-action productions, it seems like post-production is at least a year-long process.  I remember something very similar occurring with Maleficent.  I read an article stating that filming had wrapped... but it was, like, 18 months before the release date!  I'm sure it is a combination of some very tricky technical post-work with green screens, CGI, etc.  I also think, as another poster mentioned, that it has to do with very deliberate release dates from Disney.  They have had great success opening films within the spring break corridor (re: Cinderella), and want to replicate that release pattern.  Other films opening in over a year (Pirates of the Caribbean, for example) have also wrapped filming.

It also isn't unique just to Disney.  I swear Batman v. Superman finished filming, like, 2 years ago!  

Jonwo
#755Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 2/3/16 at 7:44pm

Post production is the main reason but also actor and director availability as well as tax breaks. The release date thing makes sense as well, Disney have so many big films out per year with Pixar, WDAS, Star Wars and Marvel as well as the fairytale film that they have schedule them throughout the year and shoot and make them at different times. Episode VIII is going to start shooting soon and that's not released until December 2017

jacobsnchz14 Profile Photo
jacobsnchz14
#756Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 5/11/16 at 10:34pm

The trailer will be released within the next few days; the trailer is rated G and the runtime will be 1:27 seconds.

Elfuhbuh Profile Photo
Elfuhbuh
#757Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 5/11/16 at 11:58pm

How do you know? ^

"Was uns befreit, das muss stärker sein als wir es sind." -Tanz der Vampire

jpbran Profile Photo
jpbran
#758Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 5/12/16 at 12:15am

Really surprised there wasn't a teaser or something before "Jungle Book."

disneybroadwayfan22 Profile Photo
disneybroadwayfan22
#759Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 5/12/16 at 7:07am

Elfuhbuh said: "How do you know? ^

"

http://www.albertafilmratings.ca/recentclasstrailers.aspx

rosscoe(au) Profile Photo
rosscoe(au)
#760Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 5/12/16 at 7:45am

The trailer will run in front of Alice 

Well I didn't want to get into it, but he's a Satanist. Every full moon he sacrifices 4 puppies to the Dark Lord and smears their blood on his paino. This should help you understand the score for Wicked a little bit more. Tazber's: Reply to Is Stephen Schwartz a Practicing Christian

gypsy101 Profile Photo
gypsy101
#761Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 5/12/16 at 1:13pm

considering it's a Disney film I'm not shocked that the trailer is rated G

"Contentment, it seems, simply happens. It appears accompanied by no bravos and no tears."

Valentina3 Profile Photo
Valentina3
#762Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 5/12/16 at 1:19pm

It's Beauty & The Beast. Apart from some violence from Beast in the first 20 mins of the movie, the movie will anyway not be "inappropriate". The material is kid friendly.

Caption: Every so often there was a rare moment of perfect balance when I soared above him.

westendfanatic Profile Photo
westendfanatic
#763Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 5/15/16 at 1:45pm

one source says that the official trailer is supposed to be released on the 17th May and this source...

LINK = http://www.imgrum.net/media/1249973218702858611_2258085581

confirms that it is coming out on 27th/28th May. it is only going to be 1min 27sec, so it might just be a teaser trailer and not the official (long cinema-version) one.

gypsy101 Profile Photo
gypsy101
#764Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 5/15/16 at 5:09pm

I would assume the 27th since that's when Alice Through the Looking Glass hits theaters.

"Contentment, it seems, simply happens. It appears accompanied by no bravos and no tears."

GreatBroadwayFan Profile Photo
GreatBroadwayFan
#765Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 5/21/16 at 3:08pm

SOOOO with it (sort of) confirmed that the teaser trailer will play in front of Alice Through the Looking Glass (coming out this coming week), what are you hoping for will be in the teaser?

Here's my Top 5 Things I HOPE will be in the teaser:

5. Beautiful production design (It's a Live Action Disney Fairytale for Pete's sake!)

4. Our first look at the enchanted objects (How will they bring them to life without looking awful?)

3. Dan Stevens (Will he be wearing make-up & prosthetics OR will his Beast be CGI & motion capture?)

2. Emma Watson in Belle's Blue Dress (obviously)

1. Give us a taste of the cast singing! (PLEASE)

westendfanatic
#766Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 5/21/16 at 3:34pm

I hope we get to see Dan in his prince attire as well as the beast. Also, I really hope we get to see Luke and Josh as Gaston and LeFou singing in the tavern with the ensemble. What will astonish me, is how they will do the transformation scene when Dan turns back into a prince from the beast. I am soooooooo excited to see this trailer. God knows what i will be like when the film does eventually come out. 

Wildcard
#767Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 5/22/16 at 2:34am

Don't forget, the teaser trailer for Cinderella was just a shot of the slipper. All we might get to see for this is the rose. 

justabwaybaby Profile Photo
justabwaybaby
#768Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 5/22/16 at 3:43am

That Cinderella teaser was 1:17. You're right, the teaser could probably be something similar.

I would love a longer look at the yellow dress. There was a quick shot at D23 and it seemed underwhelming. But then again I was hoping for something more gold. And I'd love to see how the characters are animated, because I'm a little worried about that, too.

theatreguy12
#769Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 5/22/16 at 4:33am

Considering Disney has billions of dollars to spend, it better be top notch.  With their focus on musicals and live action/musicals in recent decades, I have no doubt it will be.

disneybroadwayfan22 Profile Photo
disneybroadwayfan22
#770Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 5/22/16 at 7:20am

We are also getting Moana this week. So, it's a good week for us

RW3
#771Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 5/22/16 at 9:45am

Per the movie's official Twitter account, the trailer will premiere on Good Morning America. The Good Morning America part is kind of obvious.

https://twitter.com/beourguest

GreatBroadwayFan Profile Photo
GreatBroadwayFan
#772Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 5/22/16 at 12:51pm

Wildcard said: "Don't forget, the teaser trailer for Cinderella was just a shot of the slipper. All we might get to see for this is the rose."

Dear God I hope not! I want more!!!

westendfanatic
#773Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 5/22/16 at 1:47pm

i cannot contain my excitement right now. as i live in the UK, do you think that we will be able to see the trailer online form another source?

BrodyFosse123 Profile Photo
BrodyFosse123
#774Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 5/23/16 at 8:59am

So, this wasn't even a trailer but a teaser.  

The rose looks BEAUTIFUL.  

I think it's safe to assume the real full trailer will be out for Christmas 2016.  

7 more months to go, suckers!   

Videos