pixeltracker

The Official TDF Thread- Page 32

The Official TDF Thread

VintageSnarker
#775The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 10/23/17 at 6:10pm

BroadwayBeebe said: "BakerWilliams said: "I believeOnce On This Islandwill not offer any discounted tickets on any platform."

I believe Davenport is billing this production as Broadway's first ever best price guarantee. I believe I saw that the best prices available will always be directly on the show's website or telecharge. I also have been curious to see if this translates to it not being on TDF.
"

They're on Goldstar but I haven't checked to see if those tickets are more/less/equally as expensive as the tickets through the show's website or telecharge. 

I don't really understand the price matching. What's the benefit there? Like, let's say there's a store that will sell me a cabinet that has a price match guarantee. If I can find the cabinet at the cheaper price at another store and I show them that, then I can just buy the cabinet at the first store and I don't have to go to the other store. And maybe I can take advantage of some kind of loyalty program or whatever at the first store. What benefit do you get from price matching for Broadway tickets? Unless maybe you can avoid the fees if you go to the box office? I don't get it. 

JSquared2
#776The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 10/23/17 at 6:16pm

VintageSnarker said: "BroadwayBeebe said: "BakerWilliams said: "I believeOnce On This Islandwill not offer any discounted tickets on any platform."

I don't really understand the price matching. What's the benefit there? Like, let's say there's a store that will sell me a cabinet that has a price match guarantee. IfI can find the cabinet at the cheaperprice at another store and I show them that, then I can just buy the cabinet at the first store and I don't have to go to the other store. And maybe I can take advantage of some kind of loyalty program or whatever at the first store. What benefit do you get from price matching for Broadway tickets? Unless maybe you can avoid the fees if you go to the box office? I don't get it."

It's a Ken Davenport scheme --- it doesn't need to make any sense.

annang
#777The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 10/23/17 at 6:26pm

I actually inquired about the "best price guarantee" when I saw discount codes pop up for seats listed at full price on their website. I was looking at seats in row C. At first, when I inquired, they tried to deny that the discount existed, until I provided screen shots of the full-price and discounted pages. Then, I was told that although the coupon prices were (of course) discounted from the prices for the same seats offered on the website, they consider the discounted tickets to be in the same ticket "category" as tickets in Row H, for which the full price is similar to the discounted coupon price for Row C. Their argument was that since they offer worse seats at the same price, they don't believe they have to honor  give the promised 10% off, and instead recommended that I buy the worse seats to get that price from them. When I pushed back, asking them to honor the guarantee, they offered to match the price from the discount (which of course I could have just gotten through the discount site), but still refused to provide the promised 10% back. They provided no reason why, if Row C and Row H are in the same "category," they're priced differently in the first place.

Literally, the point of the guarantee, according to the Ken Davenport's blog, was to instill in ticket-buyers "trust" that they wouldn't have to hunt for discount codes, because what was on the website would always be the best price. That's actually a flat out lie, and everyone who doesn't want to overpay for tickets should be looking at the discount codes for this show, just like for any other show. So now, not only are the producers saying that you have to hunt for discount codes in order to get the best price on any given seat, they're also trying to get people to "trust" that seats five rows further back are just as good as the seats they're selling at full price for more money closer to the stage. That's not a guarantee: it's a scam.

The whole experience, particularly being blown off and gaslighted when I tried to redeem the guarantee (no, Row H is not the same "category of ticket" as Row C. If it were, you wouldn't have priced Row C much higher on your website than Row H), has really put a bitter taste in my mouth about the show in general. If Ken Davenport hadn't made a big deal out of wanting to instill trust and asking people to trust them and stop using discount codes, I wouldn't care. But at this point, I basically feel like the producers are taking advantage of people gullible enough to take his word for it about the pricing. It's really left me with a bad impression of the entire production. 

ahhrealmonsters
#778The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 10/27/17 at 12:48pm

In case anyone's curious, Anastasia last night was last row orchestra, house right. It seemed like everyone in the back 2 rows on the right side were from TDF. I don't think I missed anything with the mezzanine overhang, and the theatre's small, so it wasn't too far back.

VintageSnarker
#779The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 10/27/17 at 2:11pm

annang said: " When I pushed back, asking them to honor the guarantee, they offered to match the price from the discount (which of course I could have just gotten through the discount site), but still refused to provide the promised 10% back.

See. that was my point. You could just get the tickets from the discount site. I didn't know about a 10% back thing.

So now, not only are the producerssaying that you have to hunt for discount codes in order to get the best price on any given seat, they're also trying to get people to "trust" thatseats fiverows further back are just as good as the seats they're selling at full price for more money closer to the stage. That's not a guarantee: it's a scam.

I'm still confused. So there are discount codes for row C. And the prices for row H are similar to the prices for row C without discount codes? Were they offering to match the price from the discount site for row C or row H?

Rainbowhigh23
#780The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 10/27/17 at 11:21pm

ahhrealmonsters said: "In case anyone's curious, Anastasia last night was last row orchestra, house right. It seemed like everyone in the back 2 rows on the right side were from TDF. I don't think I missed anything with the mezzanine overhang, and the theatre's small, so it wasn't too far back."

I bought for tonight and my seat was Row H Orchestra on the extreme left. Some action in a tiny bit of the left side was occasionally blocked but otherwise it was a wonderful seat. I saw the show with TDF last month and had full view front mezzanine.

annang
#781The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 10/28/17 at 5:27am

So now, not only are the producerssaying that you have to hunt for discount codes in order to get the best price on any given seat, they're also trying to get people to "trust" thatseats fiverows further back are just as good as the seats they're selling at full price for more money closer to the stage. That's not a guarantee: it's a scam.

I'm still confused. So there are discount codes for row C. And the prices for row H are similar to the prices for row C without discount codes? Were they offering to match the price from the discount site for row C or row H?

Here are the actual numbers. Seat C 402 is $159.50 if you  click through from the show’s website, and do not enter any discount code. That same seat, C 402, is $109.50 if you enter the discount code ISLANDTC. When I wrote to customer service to ask them to honor the best price guarantee, what I was asking was for them to sell me seat C 402 at $109.50 minus 10% as the bonus discount for having found a price lower than their advertised price for that seat. My understanding was that the best price guarantee meant that I was entitled to a 10% discount off of the discounted price I found, because that price was lower than the price listed on their website.

What I was told instead, is that I was not entitled to a 10% bonus discount. The reason given was that a seat in the same section in row H is selling for $109.50 if purchased via the link from the show’s website, without any discount codes. When I pointed out that row H is five rows behind row C, and is therefore not the same seat, and is it does not actually honor their guarantee, I was told that they consider row H and row C to be the same category of seats, and that therefore selling me a seat in row H for $109.50, was in their minds, sufficient to make up for the fact that seat C 402 is $50 more expensive from their website then it is with the discount code, which is exactly what the price guarantee promised wouldn’t happen. They claim that as the seat in row C is in the same class as the seat in row H, despite the fact that on their website they sell those two seats for two different prices, which indicates to me that they consider them to be materially different in quality.

So yeah, I think the guarantee is a scam in which they’re hoping people won’t bother to hunt down discounts. And so they’ll be able to price discriminate based on customer laziness, for how trusting the customer is of the producers. It feels really shady to me, and I don’t understand why they have to guarantee if they don’t intend to lower the prices on the website to actually match the discount, or to honor the guarantee when someone points out to them that the price on the website are higher.It feels really shady to me, and I don’t understand why they have to guarantee if they don’t intend to lower the prices on the website to actually match the discount, or to honor the guarantee when someone points out to them that the price on the website are higher.

10086sunset
#782The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 10/28/17 at 10:10pm

Annang, thanks for sharing your experience. 

If we can say anything about Ken Davenport, it's that he's consistent. 

jbird5
#783The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 11/2/17 at 8:19am

Tickets for the closing show of War Paint are now on TDF.

@z5
#784The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 11/2/17 at 8:27am

Got row D Mezz for M Butterfly over The Weeknd. Excellent seat to take in the whole production.

xmaschild
#785The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 11/2/17 at 8:33pm

Wanted to share our very first experience using TDF - coming in from 3 hours away yesterday with my 11 year old daughter.  First, the tickets were not ready early (we checked).  They said to come back an hour before the show as they waited until then to figure out what seats to give out to "fill out the house".  Tickets were ready in an envelope with our name on them an hour before show.

Our seats for 2:00 matinee of War Paint were Left Mezzanine Row E last 2 seats on the left hand side.  A little on the left was blocked, like the start of Christine coming down the staircase, but certainly not bad seats at all.

Our seats for 7:00 show of Cats were Right Orchestra Row U last 2 seats on the right.  Again, a small section of the right hand stage was blocked, but didn't miss anything really important.  And being on the aisle made up for it as one of the Cats sang to my daughter and fist-bumped her.  We loved the opportunity to go up on stage at intermission.

Overall, great seats for the price and we would absolutely do it again.  We got to see 2 shows in 1 day for less than what I would normally spend on 1 show.  Long night - got home at 2:30 am after catching the train, but had a great day!

Famebroadway2 Profile Photo
Famebroadway2
#786The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 11/3/17 at 12:34pm

Hi TDF friends, my schedule just changed and I now have 2 TDF tickets for SpongeBob on Tuesday 11/7 that I can no longer use.  

Other than try and get past date tix for a future date, is there anything else I can do with them?

Updated On: 11/3/17 at 12:34 PM

poisonivy2 Profile Photo
poisonivy2
#787The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 11/3/17 at 1:33pm

Famebroadway2 said: "HiTDF friends, my schedule just changed andI now have 2 TDF tickets for SpongeBob on Tuesday 11/7 that I can no longer use.

Other than try and get past date tix for a future date, is there anything else I can do with them?
"

Call tdf and since Spongebob has a variety of available dates ask for a change of date. I've always found them accommodating.

Famebroadway2 Profile Photo
Famebroadway2
#788The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 11/3/17 at 1:49pm

Thanks. I already purchased tickets for a later date so moving them wouldn’t do me any good.
I just emailed them to let them know the situation. Hopefully they can at least release the seats to people who want to attend.

raddersons Profile Photo
raddersons
#789The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 11/5/17 at 11:16am

My membership just expired... would appreciate a report if Parisian Woman or OotI pop up any time this month. Otherwise I’ll wait another month and save myself a few bucks.

BroadwayBeebe
#790The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 11/6/17 at 12:20pm

raddersons said: "My membership just expired... would appreciate a report if Parisian Woman or OotI pop up any time this month. Otherwise I’ll wait another month and save myself a few bucks. "

The Parisian Women has just popped up for this weekend.  Tickets may be in balcony

Updated On: 11/6/17 at 12:20 PM

10086sunset
#791The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 11/6/17 at 2:29pm

My Hello, Dolly ticket last night was side orchestra, row J

mijofly19
#792The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 11/7/17 at 7:37am

The Radio City Christmas Show just popped up for a slew of dates... has anyone done this in previous years? Wondering where the seats generally are.

BroadwayLuv2 Profile Photo
BroadwayLuv2
#793The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 11/7/17 at 9:13am

Any word on where tdf seat locations are for SpongeBob?

BroadwayBeebe
#794The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 11/7/17 at 9:17am

I believe tonight is the first performance of Spongebob that TDF offered. I will be there tonight with TDF and will report back on my seating location.

TheSassySam Profile Photo
TheSassySam
#795The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 11/7/17 at 9:48am

Home for the Holidays is now on TDF. I guess their $99.50 for back-row prices just aren't selling. wink

BroadwayBeebe
#796The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 11/7/17 at 6:52pm

Spongebob Tickets are Mezz Row F seats 107-108 for tonight.

steven22 Profile Photo
steven22
#797The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 11/7/17 at 7:25pm

Just picked up Spongebob tickets and got Orch V 121-127.

10086sunset
#798The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 11/7/17 at 8:03pm

Was given Mezz Row E for Spongebob tonight

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#799The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 11/7/17 at 8:29pm

So glad this thread popped up. I forgot about it. Just joimed a few weeks ago and want to grab a ticket to see Donna Murphy in DOLLY. and wondering where the seats have been located.

Just give the world Love.

Videos