pixeltracker

SHE LOVES ME To Be Live Streamed On June 30th- Page 4

SHE LOVES ME To Be Live Streamed On June 30th

Islander_fan
#75SHE LOVES ME To Be Live Streamed On June 30th
Posted: 6/16/16 at 3:17am

Just to clarify, if you're already a subscriber of BroadwayHD, you can access the live stream of She Loves Me anyway possible (app, browser Apple TV, Roku etc.) However, if you're just paying the ten bucks for the live stream then that is browser only. So it's web browser only across the board. Just clarifying because I personally found MarkBearSF's initial postings about this a little confusing. Maybe others may as well. 

The following passage is from Broadwayworld's article about this. 

"Visit broadwayhd.com/shelovesme to reserve a live stream pass to "She Loves Me" on June 30 at 8 p.m. EDT for $9.99. "She Loves Me" is free with all annual subscriptions to BroadwayHD's on-demand library. BroadwayHD annual subscribers in the United States can watch the "She Loves Me" live stream on BroadwayHD's Roku and Apple TV apps."

gypsy101 Profile Photo
gypsy101
#76SHE LOVES ME To Be Live Streamed On June 30th
Posted: 6/16/16 at 4:06am

dissimilate said: "I'm really hoping someone rips it or that it's streamed again or available on-demand later, because I live in a really inconvenient timezone (12 hours ahead of NY, so I'll be at work)."

it should be available to purchase it sounds like! also wow gmt+7, do you live in China?

"Contentment, it seems, simply happens. It appears accompanied by no bravos and no tears."

Fan123 Profile Photo
Fan123
#77SHE LOVES ME To Be Live Streamed On June 30th
Posted: 6/16/16 at 5:07am

Great news! Alas, it'll be the middle of a working day in my time zone as well. I personally think these streams, audio broadcasts and similar should be scheduled on Saturday nights (according to a US time zone) more often than not. That way, people in time zones both ahead of and behind the US will at least have the stream occur during their weekend. And, in some cases (perhaps not this one), stop with the geoblocking! We foreigners are the ones who are least likely to be able to see the production live on stage as an alternative (and give the production our money for 'real' tickets), after all. #grumble If it works best to film it on another night, then I say film it one night and stream it the following Saturday; I don't care if it's not live. I also like the idea of a ticketed 'encore' or two of a stream at different times, as with Daddy Long Legs.

But still, I'm glad that this sort of thing is happening, and hopefully will continue to happen. At least more theatre fans will be able to enjoy this show than otherwise would have.

MarkBearSF Profile Photo
MarkBearSF
#78SHE LOVES ME To Be Live Streamed On June 30th
Posted: 6/16/16 at 7:42am

Islander_fan said: "Just to clarify, if you're already a subscriber of BroadwayHD, you can access the live stream of She Loves Me anyway possible (app, browser Apple TV, Roku etc.) However, if you're just paying the ten bucks for the live stream then that is browser only. So it's web browser only across the board. Just clarifying because I personally found MarkBearSF's initial postings about this a little confusing. Maybe others may as well. "

Thank you.

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#79SHE LOVES ME To Be Live Streamed On June 30th
Posted: 6/16/16 at 7:46am

I've never paid to stream a thing in my life.  Is the any advantage/disadvantage to purchasing the live stream now?   (I'm old, me & technology will always have a love/hate thang going on.)

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

Liza's Headband
#80SHE LOVES ME To Be Live Streamed On June 30th
Posted: 6/16/16 at 9:06am

^ No.

artscallion Profile Photo
artscallion
#81SHE LOVES ME To Be Live Streamed On June 30th
Posted: 6/16/16 at 9:55am

Just a note for all those talking about whether or not they'll be able to catch it, or why is it on such an inconvenient day, etc.

These things are scheduled for the convenience of the show and the people filming. The streaming date is only that, a streaming date. After that it is available on demand as part of their regular stock of filmed shows. You can watch it any time you want, at your convenience.

Art has a double face, of expression and illusion.

goldenstate5
#82SHE LOVES ME To Be Live Streamed On June 30th
Posted: 6/16/16 at 11:51am

First off: spectacular news. Especially for a limited time run that definitely will not tour, and one that is so wonderful it is pure jubilation to hear that it will be filmed. I hope more shows start exploring this angle more and more, especially with how much better and easier access it is getting at finding/watching bootlegs. I get that some producers are concerned about how this may affect the legacy of their show in terms of touring and such but that never really made sense to me. Most, if not all stops on a touring production hit a theater who have membership programs and season tickets. They'll go because they have to, and almost everyone wants to see a musical live. Does anyone really think the OBC of Hamilton being filmed is going to stop anyone in any state from going to see it when it arrives? Nope. Instead it's bridging the artform out to those who may never have the chance to see the spectacle of a Broadway show in person. Nothing will ever beat the real thing, but this gives someone access to enjoy the entertainment via proxy. And they will PAY, totally. (and they'll probably be more LIKELY to pay when whatever that is does arrive in their town)

Secondly: even if I was not on a schedule that forbids me from taking part in watching the livestream, I still would avoid it. This is their first live-stream and I'd be too nervous from the possible frustrations of a possible buffer or their signal cutting out. The actual digital filming will obviously be fully captured and I'm way more keen to just rent it then in full the day or two after. 

That said: this magnificent production is being fully captured for all-time instead of languishing in clips on somebody's YouTube channel. Thumbs up, Broadway HD.

_IrisTInkerbell Profile Photo
_IrisTInkerbell
#83SHE LOVES ME To Be Live Streamed On June 30th
Posted: 6/17/16 at 3:39am

Okay, so BroadwayHD replied to my question in the comments section on their website and clarfied a few things that I think they should have specified in the initial release.

"The live stream will be available for a full week after the 30th for those who can't make it to the live event!"

and

"Since this is a special event live stream it will be taken down for edits and put back on the website in a few months."

So I think everyone who wants to see it now has to buy the $9.99 (unless you have a subscription), you can't pay to rent just that title for 2 days for another couple months.

gypsy101 Profile Photo
gypsy101
#84SHE LOVES ME To Be Live Streamed On June 30th
Posted: 6/17/16 at 3:55am

so you'll have to pay twice? that's dumb.

"Contentment, it seems, simply happens. It appears accompanied by no bravos and no tears."

best12bars Profile Photo
best12bars
#85SHE LOVES ME To Be Live Streamed On June 30th
Posted: 6/17/16 at 7:40am

I don't know where you're getting $9.99.  The BroadwayHD website says it's $14.99 per month. Seriously steep considering their limited catalogue, which is mostly old BBC and PBS broadcasts with some recent home video releases that are easily bought (many of them for less than $14.99). You can buy a year's subscription in advance and save a whopping 90 cents per month. Ugh.

"Jaws is the Citizen Kane of movies."
blocked: logan2, Diamonds3, Hamilton22

dramamama611
#86SHE LOVES ME To Be Live Streamed On June 30th
Posted: 6/17/16 at 7:46am

Besty -- you CAN buy a monthly subscription (or for a year) but you don't have to.   If you don't want a subscription, you can see individual offerings.  That's where the 9.99 is.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

_IrisTInkerbell
#87SHE LOVES ME To Be Live Streamed On June 30th
Posted: 6/17/16 at 11:04am

gypsy101 said: "so you'll have to pay twice? that's dumb."

Only if you want to see the live streamed version and the edited version once it's in the library...

best12bars Profile Photo
best12bars
#88SHE LOVES ME To Be Live Streamed On June 30th
Posted: 6/17/16 at 2:05pm

dramamama611 said: "Besty -- you CAN buy a monthly subscription (or for a year) but you don't have to.   If you don't want a subscription, you can see individual offerings.  That's where the 9.99 is.

Show me where you see $9.99 for a month ... I see $14.99 for a month.

LINK

"Jaws is the Citizen Kane of movies."
blocked: logan2, Diamonds3, Hamilton22

artscallion Profile Photo
artscallion
#89SHE LOVES ME To Be Live Streamed On June 30th
Posted: 6/17/16 at 2:19pm

Besty, if you click on a show that's in the library, it gives you an option to "watch now" which leads you to a "purchase" option, which leads you to the two day rental price. This price varies. Elain Stritch At Liberty was $7.99

https://www.broadwayhd.com/index.php/deliverable/purchase/170#bhd_purchase

She Loves Me is not yet in the library. But if you click on the She Loves Me banner on the main page, then look to the upper right corner...$9.99.  It's really not the most user friendly site.

https://www.broadwayhd.com/index.php/deliverable/r/she_loves_me_live

Art has a double face, of expression and illusion.

dramamama611
#90SHE LOVES ME To Be Live Streamed On June 30th
Posted: 6/17/16 at 2:37pm

I didn't SAY 9.99 a month.   It's 9.99 to watch ONLY this show.  Which sounds like it would available to you for one week.  (Not sure about that.)

I have an account, but not a subscription.  I will pay a flat fee to see only that show for 9.99.

Mr. Nowack Profile Photo
Mr. Nowack
#91SHE LOVES ME To Be Live Streamed On June 30th
Posted: 6/17/16 at 5:29pm

I have already bought my "ticket" and I paid 9.99.

Does anyone know if you are already a subscriber to BHD, like it seems none of us are, would you be able to watch the livestream as part of your subscription or would an additional payment be required to see it night of broadcast as opposed to waiting until it enters the catalogue proper?

Keeping BroadwayWorld Illustrated

_IrisTInkerbell
#92SHE LOVES ME To Be Live Streamed On June 30th
Posted: 6/18/16 at 5:27am

BroadwayHD specified that in the comments section of their website, too.

If you have an annual subscription you can see the live stream live and replay it to your hearts's content for 1 week at no additional cost. If you have a monthly subscription now it is NOT included and you have to pay extra.

Once it's in the catalogue in a few months you can see it with any subscription and also with a 2-day rental for $7.99.

sabrelady Profile Photo
sabrelady
#93SHE LOVES ME To Be Live Streamed On June 30th
Posted: 6/18/16 at 1:47pm

Subscriptions seem to be U.S. based only. Grrrrrrr!

Can rent individual shows so I guess I can try after the fact. Again. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

Peter2 Profile Photo
Peter2
#94SHE LOVES ME To Be Live Streamed On June 30th
Posted: 6/18/16 at 4:12pm

Good grief, this company is shooting itself in the foot with these complicated and poorly explained pricing and viewing options. It makes subscribing seem about as much fun as filing taxes. 

daisybeetle Profile Photo
daisybeetle
#95SHE LOVES ME To Be Live Streamed On June 30th
Posted: 6/18/16 at 7:08pm

So bottom line, if you are not a subscriber and are available to watch the live stream you can--for a fee. Otherwise, non-subscribers have to wait 2 months and then may purchase an edited version. Hope I can be home to watch the non-edited version as a non-subscriber. I can wait 2 months if I have to, but the first option seems more like a real theater experience -- flaws and all. (hopefully no buffering problems)

Mr. Nowack Profile Photo
Mr. Nowack
#96SHE LOVES ME To Be Live Streamed On June 30th
Posted: 6/18/16 at 7:13pm

I too am really hoping the performance streams as flawlessly as DADDY LONG LEGS did. I was astounded at the lack of interruptions.

Keeping BroadwayWorld Illustrated

billyelliotfan123
#97SHE LOVES ME To Be Live Streamed On June 30th
Posted: 6/18/16 at 7:50pm

Is this going to be available for purchase or is all that just speculation at this point? 

_IrisTInkerbell
#98SHE LOVES ME To Be Live Streamed On June 30th
Posted: 6/19/16 at 2:03pm

daisybeetle said: "So bottom line, if you are not a subscriber and are available to watch the live stream you can--for a fee. Otherwise, non-subscribers have to wait 2 months and then may purchase an edited version. Hope I can be home to watch the non-edited version as a non-subscriber. I can wait 2 months if I have to, but the first option seems more like a real theater experience -- flaws and all. (hopefully no buffering problems)"

You don't have to watch it on the 30th if you don't have time then. You can watch it anytime during the week following.

And where to you get the 2 months? I've only heard "several", which made it seem like more than 2..

billy, BroadwayHD has confirmed it will be in their library after they edited it.

broadwayboy223
#99SHE LOVES ME To Be Live Streamed On June 30th
Posted: 6/19/16 at 7:16pm

If She Loves Me can be live streamed any chance someone out there can get Bright Star live streamed? It's such a gorgeous show and it deserves to live on

Videos