pixeltracker

Hamilton Special Announcement on August 11- Page 4

Hamilton Special Announcement on August 11

Hellob Profile Photo
Hellob
#75Hamilton Special Announcement on August 11
Posted: 8/9/17 at 3:11pm

Maybe Lin is going to play Burr for a minute since Henry is the one who commented.

mlledir
#76Hamilton Special Announcement on August 11
Posted: 8/9/17 at 3:11pm

Things I haven't seen mentioned that I think it could be:

(a) something live from the stage of the first preview: opening number, curtain call, extra performances at the end w/LMM or others; and/or

(b) some sort of concert of hamilton mixtape?  Maybe a benefit for one of his favorite causes?  And possibly coinciding, as previously guessed, w/release of vol.2

MinervaMoon Profile Photo
MinervaMoon
#77Hamilton Special Announcement on August 11
Posted: 8/9/17 at 3:15pm

Hellob said: "Maybe Lin is going to play Burr for a minute since Henry is the one who commented."

While I think this possibility still has the same questionability as the one of Lin playing Hamilton (i.e., no appeal to a wider audience, since the show is already sold out), this is actually a pretty cool hypothetical that I really hope happens at least someday.

Hamilton Emotional Support Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/hamiltonsupport/

Messytheatregirl
#78Hamilton Special Announcement on August 11
Posted: 8/9/17 at 3:28pm

I was thinking along the lines of what you were...I think it's going to be a live televised concert of the first Hamilton Mixtape album. It's getting to be that time of year for that sort of thing too. Could be cool!

BrodyFosse123 Profile Photo
BrodyFosse123
#79Hamilton Special Announcement on August 11
Posted: 8/9/17 at 3:47pm

Lin will be doing a live social media introduction (simutaneously on Facebook and Instagram Stories) for the MARY POPPINS RETURNS teaser trailer.   

JayG  2 Profile Photo
JayG 2
#80Hamilton Special Announcement on August 11
Posted: 8/9/17 at 3:49pm

Carmen Miranda has been out of the news this season -- time to divert attention back in his direction.

zzannahk Profile Photo
zzannahk
#81Hamilton Special Announcement on August 11
Posted: 8/9/17 at 3:56pm

BrodyFosse123 said: "Lin will be doing a live social media introduction (simutaneously on Facebook and Instagram Stories) for the MARY POPPINS RETURNS teaser trailer.   

"

Why would the Hamilton account be promoting Mary Poppins? 

LesWickedly Profile Photo
LesWickedly
#82Hamilton Special Announcement on August 11
Posted: 8/9/17 at 4:48pm

As much as I'd love to see Lin in the role again, I still highly doubt it'll happen and frankly don't see the point. Furthermore, the playbill is up on the Pantages website 

https://www.hollywoodpantages.com/assets/doc/HamiltonPlaybill1-113d2c357d.pdf

Lin is not listed, besides his obvious creation of the show.  All I think is that they're probably hyping up something that will end up disappointing many, but I hope I'm wrong.

Hellob Profile Photo
Hellob
#83Hamilton Special Announcement on August 11
Posted: 8/9/17 at 4:52pm

So what do we know about 8/11?

lotto information coming 

la opening 

possible Poppins announcement 

This is the beginning of a bit of a day but we still need the boom. The problem is that their idea of a boom might not be ours. The mixtape sequel might be a boom for them. 

BroadwayConcierge Profile Photo
BroadwayConcierge
#84Hamilton Special Announcement on August 11
Posted: 8/9/17 at 4:56pm

I can't really imagine anything that would really be a "boom" other than a film or a proshot release.

chelseaburnside
#85Hamilton Special Announcement on August 11
Posted: 8/9/17 at 5:06pm

Hellob said: "So what do we know about 8/11?

lotto information coming 

la opening 

possible Poppins announcement 

This is the beginning of a bit of a day but we still need the boom. The problem is that their idea of a boom might not be ours. The mixtape sequel might be a boom for them. 

"

Agreed. I don't think the Hamilton account would hype up a Poppins announcement but I could see there being a disconnect in them thinking a Mixtape Vol. 2 being a "boom" whereas many will just shrug.

Updated On: 8/10/17 at 05:06 PM

oncemorewithfeeling2 Profile Photo
oncemorewithfeeling2
#86Hamilton Special Announcement on August 11
Posted: 8/9/17 at 5:33pm

Special live mini concert before the show, celebrating an unannounced drop of Mixtape Volume 2, featuring live appearances by a reunited Destiny's Child singing Schuyler Sisters and Jay Z doing Guns and Ships.

(I totally made that up, but to me, that would "BOOM! Unexpected! You didn't see that coming big!" to me)

Malka2 Profile Photo
Malka2
#87Hamilton Special Announcement on August 11
Posted: 8/9/17 at 5:59pm

It's a casting announcement: Beyonce as Angelica! With special new roles added for her twins.

emo_geek Profile Photo
emo_geek
#88Hamilton Special Announcement on August 11
Posted: 8/9/17 at 6:15pm

The more I read this thread, the more I think it's Mixtape.

"I never had theatre producers run after me. Some people want to make more Broadway shows out of movies. But Elliot and I aren't going to do Batman: The Musical." - Julie Taymor 1999

Jocelyn3
#89Hamilton Special Announcement on August 11
Posted: 8/9/17 at 6:37pm

There's also the Lin-Manuel Miranda star on the Walk of Fame, which could happen that day. It's not a BOOM, but when LMM uses "bit of a day," it's generally about what's happening to him. That's not a dig, it's just how he uses the phrase. 

chelseaburnside
#90Hamilton Special Announcement on August 11
Posted: 8/9/17 at 6:46pm

Jocelyn3 said: "There's also the Lin-Manuel Miranda star on the Walk of Fame, which could happen that day. It's not a BOOM, but when LMM uses "bit of a day," it's generally about what's happening to him. That's not a dig, it's just how he uses the phrase. 

"

I think that is in 2018 - he was listed as part of the 2018 honorees, but it might just be called the Class of 2018 & they do it earlier?

Jocelyn3
#91Hamilton Special Announcement on August 11
Posted: 8/9/17 at 7:21pm

That makes sense -- in conjunction with Mary Poppins Returns, probably.

LaneBryant
#92Hamilton Special Announcement on August 11
Posted: 8/10/17 at 6:58am

SPOILER ALERT

It's a Hamilton App. 

David10086 Profile Photo
David10086
#93Hamilton Special Announcement on August 11
Posted: 8/10/17 at 8:36am

DOUBLE SPOILER ALERT!

Streisand has announced she will record the whole show with selected original cast members from the musical. It will be her next studio album titled: "Partners 3: Striesand sings 'Hamilton' with the OBC".

It will be released next summer, debut at #1 (like her other 'Partner' albums did) and get a few Grammny nods (but not win any thanks to Tony Bennett). 

There will be a few exclusive editions - 

TARGET will release a DVD of some of the recordings with their CD

BARNES & NOBLE will have exclusive solos by Streisand

WALMART will include some duets with Streisand and Bette Midler, signing tunes from "Hello Dolly" on a separate disc included in the package. 

AMAZON will have exclusive vinyl release rights. 

Tandrews
#94Hamilton Special Announcement on August 11
Posted: 8/10/17 at 9:10am

Hilarious spoilers and responses! My guess is a live Ham4Ham performance and maybe new casting announcements. 

rcwr Profile Photo
rcwr
#95Hamilton Special Announcement on August 11
Posted: 8/10/17 at 11:23pm

An entire twitter account has been made: https://twitter.com/811conspiracy

NYadgal Profile Photo
NYadgal
#96Hamilton Special Announcement on August 11
Posted: 8/11/17 at 7:34am

8/11 is here!

Drum roll please.......

"Two drifters off to see the world. There's such a lot of world to see. . ."
Updated On: 8/11/17 at 07:34 AM

ashk8177
#97Hamilton Special Announcement on August 11
Posted: 8/11/17 at 8:16am

Anyone know what time this is supposed to go down, or where it would be announced? 

Itonlytakesajourney Profile Photo
Itonlytakesajourney
#98Hamilton Special Announcement on August 11
Posted: 8/11/17 at 8:21am

ashk8177 said: "Anyone know what time this is supposed to go down, or where it would be announced? 

Probably on their Twitter/social media or YouTube accounts? That's where a lot of their announcements seem to go.

SugarButterBroadway Profile Photo
SugarButterBroadway
#99Hamilton Special Announcement on August 11
Posted: 8/11/17 at 8:39am

It's a Hamilton app, the link is in their Instagram bio

Videos