pixeltracker

BEETLEJUICE B'way Remount - Previews & News Thread- Page 4

BEETLEJUICE B'way Remount - Previews & News Thread

Bway96
#75BEETLEJUICE Will Re-Open In Spring 2022
Posted: 9/13/21 at 7:48pm

Deedee23 said: "If I remember correctly there are benches up the escalators on the same floor as the theater entrance. There's usually always a line to get into the theater but once doors open the line usually moves pretty quickly so its less standing and more shuffle-walking.

I preferred the mezz because I like being able to see the whole stage. I don't think the stage wasparticularly high, so if you like being closethe orchestra is still a good bet.

I hope I was able to be helpful!
"

Oh yes, that is perfect. Thank you!

Bway96
#76BEETLEJUICE Will Re-Open In Spring 2022
Posted: 9/13/21 at 7:49pm

*accidental duplicate

Updated On: 9/13/21 at 07:49 PM

JayElle Profile Photo
JayElle
#77BEETLEJUICE Will Re-Open In Spring 2022
Posted: 9/13/21 at 8:39pm

ArtMan said: "JayElle said: "Always thought the Marquis a creepy place, so the show will at least fit the atmosphere. It finished renovations and took down the dozens of B'way posters that were in the lobby area. Perhaps BJ will be the first one up.  Here's to you Lunalaaaaa."

Those posters need to be rehung. That was the most interesting/entertaining aspects in that lobby.
"

Absolutely ArtMan.  It was THE ONLY interesting thing on that floor.  I'm presuming it's Nederlander's call to rehang.

Folks who camped out for Hamilton and other show tickets used the bathrooms on that floor, but security has been tightened, especially after its pandemic renovation. So the bathrooms are now locked.  The 8th floor lobby isn't as "open to the public" as it once was. Proof of room key after dark and earlier on weekends.  

jonartdesigns Profile Photo
jonartdesigns
#78BEETLEJUICE Will Re-Open In Spring 2022
Posted: 9/13/21 at 9:15pm

ArtMan said: "JayElle said: "Always thought the Marquis a creepy place, so the show will at least fit the atmosphere.

It finished renovations and took down the dozens of B'way posters that were in the lobby area. Perhaps BJ will be the first one up.

Here's to you Lunalaaaaa.
"

Those posters need to be rehung. That was the most interesting/entertaining aspects in that lobby.
"

The unfortunate reality is that some, if not by now all, of the posters were significantly bleached due to the halogen spots on them. Theoretically they could replace them, Triton gallery does great reproductions, but I think the original ones are in a landfill by now. As to the creepy vibe, I must agree that it can be unsettling up there, as it is a usually empty floor of a hotel.

As to the show returning, I'd love to see Kim Sava get bumped up to playing Delia/ Miss Argentina full time, or separate Miss Argentina into an ensemble track and give it to her if Leslie comes back.

"Grease," the fourth revival of the season, is the worst show in the history of theater and represents an unparalleled assault on Western civilization and its values. - Michael Reidel

PipingHotPiccolo
#79BEETLEJUICE Will Re-Open In Spring 2022
Posted: 9/13/21 at 10:47pm

re seating: I saw Follies in the mid-rear mezz and the overhang made it feel like a barn. but then i saw Tootsie from the front mezz, i thought it was the perfect theater for a big splashy musical- which Beetlejuice surely is. Id go for up top as close to the stage as you can.

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#80BEETLEJUICE Will Re-Open In Spring 2022
Posted: 9/13/21 at 11:40pm

I just feel like it's a very wide and spread out theater. I was working on 9 to 5 for a spell and saw it twice from like third row and I still felt distanced. I saw Follies and Tootsie in the rear mezz and it felt fine for a big show. I think Timbers is smart. He'll add in his creepy, dark pre-show lighting, etc. 

PipingHotPiccolo
#81BEETLEJUICE Will Re-Open In Spring 2022
Posted: 9/14/21 at 12:03am

JDonaghy4 said: "re seating: I saw Follies in the mid-rear mezz and the overhang made it feel like a barn. but then i saw Tootsie from the front mezz, i thought it was the perfect theater for a big splashy musical- which Beetlejuice surely is. Id go for up top as close to the stage as you can.

"

oops. i saw Follies from the mid-rear orchestra and felt it was a dark barn. but from the mezz was great (for Tootsie, Cry Baby, etc.)

GiantsInTheSky2 Profile Photo
GiantsInTheSky2
#82BEETLEJUICE Will Re-Open In Spring 2022
Posted: 9/14/21 at 9:34am

I kind of loathe the proscenium design/layout of the Marquis, but it’s probably their only/best option for reopening.

I think we can all assume that not only will this be a limited run a la Waitress, but it would be a similar casting situation - bring back the main cast that they plan to film the production with for a month or two (depending on schedules) and then replacements from there. Alex isn’t the only one who has a few projects lined up, so it’s a safe bet that Will and other will step into their respect parts full-time.

I am big. It’s the REVIVALS that got small.

TaffyDavenport Profile Photo
TaffyDavenport
#83BEETLEJUICE Will Re-Open In Spring 2022
Posted: 9/29/21 at 10:26am

The new dates are loaded into Ticketmaster, and it currently has a 6-month run, through October 9th.

Updated On: 9/29/21 at 10:26 AM

SouthernCakes
#84BEETLEJUICE Will Re-Open In Spring 2022
Posted: 9/29/21 at 10:45am

I’m
Sure it could turn open ended if it proves successful. Just wonder if they’ll change anything.

OuttaTowner
#85BEETLEJUICE Will Re-Open In Spring 2022
Posted: 9/29/21 at 10:53am

Brightman filmed a pilot for NBC starring Demi
Lovato and Valerie Bertinelli. Not sure if it was picked up or not. If so, I suspect they’d start filming next summer - so any participation he has in this reboot may be very limited.

bway0
#86BEETLEJUICE Will Re-Open In Spring 2022
Posted: 9/30/21 at 6:44pm

Tickets on sale tomorrow 10/1/21 at 10am and on sale through 10/9/22. Schedule starts out with a Wednesday matinee but changes in summer eliminating the Wednesday matinee and doing a two show Sunday.

Edit: Just went back and checked. The schedule change begins in June. 

Updated On: 9/30/21 at 06:44 PM

Sutton Ross Profile Photo
Sutton Ross
#87BEETLEJUICE Will Re-Open In Spring 2022
Posted: 9/30/21 at 6:53pm

OuttaTowner said: "Brightman filmed a pilot for NBC starring Demi
Lovato and Valerie Bertinelli. Not sure if it was picked up or not. If so, I suspect they’d start filming next summer - so any participation he has in this reboot may be very limited.
"

The summary of that tv show sounds funny, no idea if it's moving forward but if it gets picked up for next Fall, I agree he will be in this show for a very limited time, if at all. Nothing has been confirmed regarding casting. 

CindersGolightly Profile Photo
CindersGolightly
#88BEETLEJUICE Will Re-Open In Spring 2022
Posted: 9/30/21 at 6:56pm

SouthernCakes said: "I’m
Sure it could turn open ended if it proves successful. Just wonder if they’ll change anything.
"

It is currently an open ended run.

They/them. "Get up the nerve to be all you deserve to be."

sondheimfan2 Profile Photo
sondheimfan2
#89BEETLEJUICE Will Re-Open In Spring 2022
Posted: 9/30/21 at 7:12pm

I love the movie but didn't see why the show was popular. Saw the original run via TDF tickets, so I'm good.

morosco Profile Photo
morosco
#90BEETLEJUICE Will Re-Open In Spring 2022
Posted: 9/30/21 at 8:43pm

I keep wondering if this return to Broadway will deploy a set that was intended for the announced national tour that doesn't seem to be going out at any point soon? When most Broadway shows close they usually don't keep much of the original scenery because the sets are more complex and they are designed to fit in a very specific theatre. A national touring set can fit into just about any theater without having to make any adjustments. I wonder if at some point over the last year the producers were having a touring set built and then the continued presence of Covid gave them cold feet about touring right now and then they realized that since they are building a new set that might as well put it to use on Broadway. Maybe got a good deal on the Marquis. Quick load in, and when it comes time a quick load out.

I wonder but I could be absolutely wrong.    

Bway96
#91BEETLEJUICE Will Re-Open In Spring 2022
Posted: 10/1/21 at 10:30am

So for ticketmaster, are we able to change dates later if wanted?
I'm traveling from the west coast to see it (and other shows) so I don't want to wait till the last minute, but I don't know what date would work.

Bway96
#92BEETLEJUICE Will Re-Open In Spring 2022
Posted: 10/1/21 at 10:34am

Was the South Korea set the original one? I know they were supposed to do Brazil next but I haven't heard any news for that in ages. Is the Marquis stage much smaller than Winter Garden?

I honestly think a lot of the stuff was probably kept from Winter Garden because theyve planned on finding a new stage since the stop clause.

SouthernCakes
#93BEETLEJUICE Will Re-Open In Spring 2022
Posted: 10/1/21 at 10:50am

I’d think the Marquis is bigger only because it’s newer construction. But not sure.

bdn223 Profile Photo
bdn223
#94BEETLEJUICE Will Re-Open In Spring 2022
Posted: 10/1/21 at 11:46am

Bway96 said: "Was the South Korea set the original one? I know they were supposed to do Brazil next but I haven't heard any news for that in ages. Is the Marquis stage much smaller than Winter Garden?

I honestly think a lot of the stuff was probably kept from Winter Garden because theyve planned on finding a new stage since the stop clause.
"

The Winter Garden's stage is approximately 5 feet wider than the Marquis, and the stage is between approximately 1-2 feet deeper depending on if your measuring to the front of the stage or proscenium arch.  The proscenium on the Marquee is approximately 4 feet higher than the Winter Garden, but that's something that you can theoretically build a false proscenium to compensate for as long as it does not affect sight lines. 

The advantage of the Marquis though is it has significantly more backstage space than the Winter Garden. 

The one question I do have about the Marquis is how much auditorium and lobby decoration will there be. I am assuming they will likely fill the auditorium with black and purple lights similar to they did with the Winter Garden, but the Marquis's auditorium is just so big, bright, and modern compared to the more claustrophobic Winter Garden with its lower ceilings and longer rows and more classical English Garden design. It will be really interesting to see how Alex Timbers works with David Korns to accomplish that, after all the immersive experience is a signature of a Timbers production, no matter who the scenic designer is.  Also I wonder if the Marriott will allow them to carry the Beetlejuice Design esthetic into the lobby and out into the floor of the hotel the lobby entrance is on. 

TaffyDavenport
#95BEETLEJUICE Will Re-Open In Spring 2022
Posted: 10/28/21 at 11:17am

The poster who originally broke the Beanie Feldstein in Funny Girl news has an account on TikTok, and he's saying that Alex Brightman isn't returning to the show. 

Bway96
#96BEETLEJUICE Will Re-Open In Spring 2022
Posted: 10/28/21 at 11:19am

Do you have the username?

TaffyDavenport
#97BEETLEJUICE Will Re-Open In Spring 2022
Posted: 10/28/21 at 11:23am

@jonathansaysyeet

I find his demeanor really off-putting, but he seems to be a reliable source of info.

Bway96
#98BEETLEJUICE Will Re-Open In Spring 2022
Posted: 10/28/21 at 11:50am

Just watched it.
Link for anyone else: https://vm.tiktok.com/ZM8aUdV9E/

Very interesting. I'd hope that isn't the case but I know he's busy with his other stuff.
I'm not discounting this guy at all but I'm curious if he said who he actually is that he'd get this info (along with other info he dropped in another video)? Because he has some other takes that came true too.

Bway96
#99BEETLEJUICE Will Re-Open In Spring 2022
Posted: 10/28/21 at 12:52pm

I have no idea who it even is, so I wouldn't know not to view anything.

Updated On: 10/28/21 at 12:52 PM

Videos