pixeltracker

The very first original cast recording you bought?- Page 4

The very first original cast recording you bought?

Elphaba3 Profile Photo
Elphaba3
#75re: The very first original cast recording you bought?
Posted: 4/19/05 at 10:14pm

I've had an audio tape of My Fair Lady ever since I was pretty young. I think the first one I bought myself was The Producers.

Feathah Profile Photo
Feathah
#76re: The very first original cast recording you bought?
Posted: 4/19/05 at 10:59pm

"Godspell" is the first one I remember listening to over and over, followed quickly by "Cats." "Rum Tum Tugger" was always my favorite as a little kid. What a shocker that I am a huge Terrence Mann fan today!

Bought with my own money? I guess it was "Aspects of Love." I was obsessed with it. (Still am!)

"The theater is my life. I live it. I breathe it. I fondle it till it falls asleep." Jack (Will And Grace) http://feathah.blogspot.com

Huey's Pop Profile Photo
Huey's Pop
#77re: The very first original cast recording you bought?
Posted: 4/20/05 at 11:09am

In 1967 I purchased "Sweet Charity" -- the original Broadway cast -- it was mis-priced at Thrifty Drug Store -- the Stereo version was $2.99.

Still one of my favorites, and I have hundreds of OBC recordings.

TVBoy Profile Photo
TVBoy
#78re: The very first original cast recording you bought?
Posted: 4/20/05 at 11:10am

Tommy

"I'm not a catcher! I'm a piano player!" -- Schroeder from "Peanuts" ----- http://www.facebook.com/p/Brandon_Bartlett/500719306

TonyBWay Profile Photo
TonyBWay
#79re: The very first original cast recording you bought?
Posted: 4/20/05 at 4:00pm

MAME w/ Angela Lansbury

Adam Chris Profile Photo
Adam Chris
#80re: The very first original cast recording you bought?
Posted: 4/20/05 at 5:30pm

My first was the movie version of Little Shop of Horrors which opened the door to the OBCR of Phantom of the Opera. After that was a CD of ALW songs then EVITA, CATS and LESMISERABLES - in that order.

Oh...Phantom! - My first love of the stage!

incendiary_wit Profile Photo
incendiary_wit
#81re: The very first original cast recording you bought?
Posted: 4/20/05 at 5:37pm

My first OCR was RENT, which my friend Alex got me into.

1. Ted Allen: Everyone has an interesting life if you ask the right questions.
2. Great buckets of Spoffnor, they're going to sing!
3. "I love shrubs that are historical." -Johnny and The Sprites
4. "We're not singing it to you, we're singing it for us." -Rosario Dawson, about La Vie Boheme
5. "The best moments in reading are when you come across something - a thought, a feeling, a way of looking at things - which you had thought special and particular to you. And now, here it is, set down by someone else, a person you have never met, someone even who is long dead. And it is as if a hand has come out, and taken yours." -The History Boys
6. "Pass the parcel. That's sometimes all you can do. Take it, feel it and pass it on. Not for me, not for you, but for someone, somewhere, one day. Pass it on, boys. That's the game I want you to learn. Pass it on." -The History Boys

babygiraffeboots Profile Photo
babygiraffeboots
#82re: The very first original cast recording you bought?
Posted: 4/20/05 at 6:44pm

Not sure the first one I bought was, the first one I ever heard was Damn Yankees. My dad use to sing You Gotta Have Heart to my brother because it was the only way he would calm down.

"Without Jews, fags, and gypsies, there is no theatre!" ~Mel Brooks, To be or not to be

kangaroo Profile Photo
kangaroo
#83re: The very first original cast recording you bought?
Posted: 4/20/05 at 8:15pm

I believe the absolute first was Miss Saigon

Or maybe Oklahoma! with Hugh Jackman

NIL MAGNUM NISI BONUM "No greatness without goodness."

RENThead, enLIGHist, Ozalot, Grobanite, Ringer, Pickwick LW, Wicked, Lost, American Dreams, West Wing
Lea S. Hugh J. Adam P. Idina M. Matt M. Taye D.

decotodd
#84re: The very first original cast recording you bought?
Posted: 4/21/05 at 4:34pm

The first Broadway albums I listened to were the classic originals that I checked out from the library (OKLAHOMA, MY FAIR LADY, SOUND OF MUSIC). The first one I bought was either the soundtrack for the film version of THE KING AND I or the film version of KISS ME KATE (On LPs).

ChanceWayne
#85re: The very first original cast recording you bought?
Posted: 4/22/05 at 7:02pm

The soundtrack to "DAMN YANKEES" followed by the Broadway cast of "CAMELOT".

CJR
#86re: The very first original cast recording you bought?
Posted: 4/22/05 at 7:19pm

A Chorus Line.... on vinyl.

I wore SUCH a hole through that record. lol

"You're every gay man's wet dream!" ~ MA

If in Heaven you don't excel, you can always party down in hell...

Britt0913 Profile Photo
Britt0913
#87re: The very first original cast recording you bought?
Posted: 4/23/05 at 1:00am

The first OBCR I remember having in my house was EVITA. The first one I bought myself, though, was probably......RENT!

Parks
#88re: The very first original cast recording you bought?
Posted: 4/23/05 at 2:27am

My first one to *legally buy*...I legally received the entire CD of Godspell 2001 Touring Cast through a free-trial thingy..and my first CD to buy was Funny Girl (July 2004).

I had always meant to buy Into The Woods on CD...seeing how I obsessed over the show for 10 months..

"If it walks like a Parks, if it wobbles like a Parks, then it's definitely fat and nobody loves it." --MA

Johanna
#89re: The very first original cast recording you bought?
Posted: 4/25/05 at 12:39am

I think mine was the Man of la Mancha OBC or the Into the Woods Revival CR when I was 14. I got the Grease OBC on tape when I was 10 because I was in it at school.

Johanna

SallyBrown Profile Photo
SallyBrown
#90re: The very first original cast recording you bought?
Posted: 4/25/05 at 7:54am

Annie when I was 7

"It's a great feeling of power to be naked in front of people. We're happy to watch actual incredible graphic violence and gore, but as soon as somebody's naked it seems like the public goes a bit bananas about the whole thing."

DancerGirl16 Profile Photo
DancerGirl16
#91re: The very first original cast recording you bought?
Posted: 4/25/05 at 11:06am

Les Miserables

When someone blunders, we say that he makes a misstep. Is it then not clear that all the ills of mankind, all the tragic misfortunes that fill our history books, all the political blunders, all the failures of the great leaders have arisen merely from a lack of skill in dancing. - Moliere

Racetrack Profile Photo
Racetrack
#92re: The very first original cast recording you bought?
Posted: 4/25/05 at 11:12am

OLCR of Les Miserables that my parents bought me. The first one I probably bought myself was...Cats. Although I could be mistaken I think that probably is the one I did buy myself.

"The weight of this sad time we must obey, Speak what we feel, not what we ought to say. The oldest hath borne most; we that are young Shall never see so much, nor live so long"-Edgar in King Lear

lesserworm
#93re: The very first original cast recording you bought?
Posted: 4/25/05 at 11:18am

That would probably be West Side Story.

So now you've met the court of 364, and if you ever wish to come...don't.

Thoroughly Modern Cara Profile Photo
Thoroughly Modern Cara
#94re: The very first original cast recording you bought?
Posted: 4/25/05 at 11:45am

Bought myself? I don't know probobly Annie Get Your Gun revival cast. But I know that when I was little I had Annie, My Fair Lady, Bye Bye Birdie and a bunch more on tape. Oh and I think I stole Les Mis from my mother too, I remember not really understanding it but loving it all the same, lol!

thebigkrakowski Profile Photo
thebigkrakowski
#95re: The very first original cast recording you bought?
Posted: 4/25/05 at 11:58am

Another vote for A Chorus Line!

rmposey Profile Photo
rmposey
#96re: The very first original cast recording you bought?
Posted: 4/27/05 at 11:37am

My parents had the cassettes to Phantom and I loved it so much as an 8 year old that I made my friends perform it with me. I was the only one I allowed to be Christine. Hee hee. Ah, the late eighties. Les Miserables was the first one I actually owned. I think my grandmother gave it to me for my birthday. The first one I ever bought myself with my own allowance money was Aspects of Love. I think...

I should have eaten the saw and used the cake to bludgeon my way out - Alfred Hitchcock

gavrochegirl
#97re: The very first original cast recording you bought?
Posted: 4/27/05 at 12:17pm

I listened to RENT...if you consider that listening to your first...but I think mine was Assassins (04' Revival). If you count London, Les Mis.

What the puck?!

sallyfan101 Profile Photo
sallyfan101
#98re: The very first original cast recording you bought?
Posted: 5/2/05 at 12:05pm

My friends gave me Little Shop of Horrors, A chorus line,CSR Les Miz, Jane Enyre (sp), Urinetown,Zanna Don't,Assasins, Your a Good Man Charlie brown. I bought Wicked.

cserannie
#99re: The very first original cast recording you bought?
Posted: 5/2/05 at 3:41pm

my first was My Fair Lady 10 years ago.

Norbert Leo Butz quotes about John Lithgow: "He's really clumsy. One of the joys in life is to watch a great big huge man totally wipe out backstage. It takes John about three minutes to hit the floor. It's like watching a Great Sequoia falling gracelessly."

Videos