pixeltracker

what was your first broadway experience?- Page 4

what was your first broadway experience?

TheatreDiva612 Profile Photo
TheatreDiva612
#75re: what was your first broadway experience?
Posted: 6/2/05 at 12:22am

I saw Jelly's Last Jam when I was like 3 or something...I'm 16....The first one I remember seeing was Beauty and The Beast when I was like 5 or 6.

nelliecollins
#76re: what was your first broadway experience?
Posted: 6/29/05 at 1:18pm

The first show I ever saw on Broadway was "Damn Yankees" starring Jerry Lewis. I'm guessing this was circa 1995. I was 13, it was my first trip to New York. (Also saw Cats, Les Miz and Beauty and the Beast on that trip.)

stylinbohemian
#77re: what was your first broadway experience?
Posted: 6/29/05 at 1:22pm

Fame on 42nd St!

"If There's One Thing to Learn it's You Just Can't Go Wrong If You Follow Your Heart, and End With A Song"

Caroline-Q-or-TBoo Profile Photo
Caroline-Q-or-TBoo
#78re: what was your first broadway experience?
Posted: 6/29/05 at 1:29pm

beauty and the beast- many moons ago. we sat in a box. i never followed up until two years ago.

"Picture "The View," with the wisecracking, sympathetic sweethearts of that ABC television show replaced by a panel of embittered, suffering or enraged Arab women" -the Times review of Black Eyed

lamentingenvelope Profile Photo
lamentingenvelope
#79re: what was your first broadway experience?
Posted: 6/29/05 at 1:33pm

On Broadway? The Lion King with a school trip about a year and a half ago.

But my first actual show was a tour of Peter Pan starring Cathy Rigby that I saw when I was 8. Seven years ago, and I still have the program (who knew that as an 8 year old I would have the insight to keep it?)

Qfan2.0 Profile Photo
Qfan2.0
#80re: what was your first broadway experience?
Posted: 6/29/05 at 1:38pm

First tour or regional production- no frickin idea i was really young.

First boadway show- Thoroughly modern Millie, the date was early august 2003 and it was Harriet Harris' last performance. The show that bit me with the broadway addict bug.(i've seen 14 b'way shows since)

Kevo711 Profile Photo
Kevo711
#81re: what was your first broadway experience?
Posted: 6/29/05 at 1:47pm

well i saw Lion King in Toronto when i was 10 and i absolutely loved it!... but my first broadway show in NYC was Throughly Modern Millie with my school

AngelofAvenueB Profile Photo
AngelofAvenueB
#82re: what was your first broadway experience?
Posted: 6/29/05 at 1:56pm

my first show (besides local and high school stuff) was the Rent tour january '05, same with stage door
my first broadway show was also Rent in april '05, then two days later i saw wicked, and the day after that i saw Rent again. Stage doored all of them.

forget regret...

xxnewgirlxx Profile Photo
xxnewgirlxx
#83re: what was your first broadway experience?
Posted: 6/29/05 at 2:14pm

While I've seen many live productions in Chicago, my first genuine New York, Broadway experience was "How to Succeed..." with Matthew Broderick and Megan Mullally.

Still the sentimental favorite; even saw the touring company starring Ralph Macchio. Wow.

WonderBoy Profile Photo
WonderBoy
#84re: what was your first broadway experience?
Posted: 6/29/05 at 2:57pm

Wow! All of you make me feel really old and I'm not! LOL

My first Broadway show was A CHORUS LINE with Vicki Frederick as Cassie. I've said it before and I'll say it again, she is amazing. I was also fortunate to have seen her in Bob Fosse's DANCIN' as well. Talk about an amzing cast! Whew.

"For me, THEATRE is an anticipation, an artistic rush, an emotional banquet, a jubilant appreciation, and an exit hopeful of clearer thought and better worlds." ~ an anonymous traveler with Robert Burns

alphieboy Profile Photo
alphieboy
#85re: what was your first broadway experience?
Posted: 6/29/05 at 3:08pm

A Raisin in The Sun- about this time last year July 2nd 04

"If I have something to say, the whole world (BroadwayWorld) should hear it." - Thenardier

green_duck Profile Photo
green_duck
#86re: what was your first broadway experience?
Posted: 6/29/05 at 3:21pm

Hairspray, 2002, when I was 15

It was the first time I'd ever been to New York too, so it was all a very overwhelming experience.

I remember being somewhat disappointed in the show, though I don't recall why. Harvey was hilarious...

because when it's theatre, nothing else matters

WickedOne2 Profile Photo
WickedOne2
#87re: what was your first broadway experience?
Posted: 6/29/05 at 3:28pm

Although I saw Starlight Express as a kid at the Pantages and Phantom of the Opera at the Ahmanson over 10 years ago, my first Broadway Musical was Rent and my first Broadway play was The Graduate.

Since then I have seen at least 10 other shows, my favorite being Wicked.

"I wish the stage were as narrow as the wire of a tightrope dancer, so that no incompetent would dare step upon it." Goethe

notabb
#88MAME with Angela
Posted: 6/29/05 at 3:31pm

Which makes me older than dirt , I guess. The next night I saw CABARET with the original cast .Lotta Lenya was magnifcent.

unckristen Profile Photo
unckristen
#89re: what was your first broadway experience?
Posted: 6/29/05 at 3:38pm

Noises Off with Patti in 2001. It was just well done and hysterical and I was hooked for life. Ever since then, I try to fly to NY a couple of times a year for theater weekends -- and for the record, I was 27 in 2001, making me just a tad older than 14

"She sang each word, the angels heard ... They closed her mouth and shipped her south. The woman's done."

lizzie1326
#90re: what was your first broadway experience?
Posted: 6/29/05 at 3:45pm

My first Broadway experience was the Kiss Me, Kate revival. I was 10 years old.

Katecab99 Profile Photo
Katecab99
#91re: what was your first broadway experience?
Posted: 6/29/05 at 3:48pm

cats, when i was 10.

Enjolras77 Profile Photo
Enjolras77
#92re: what was your first broadway experience?
Posted: 6/29/05 at 3:53pm

The first Broadway caliber show I ever saw was the touring company of South Pacific with Robert Goulet back in the late 80's. Seeing the tour of Les Miserables in 1994 is what got me hooked (I have had Enjolras77 as my screen name SINCE THEN--we have had AOL for ages). The first show I saw on Broadway was Sunset Boulevard back in 1995. I got to see the entire original cast including Glenn Close. Since then I have been to NYC practically every year and have seen a large percentage of all the musicals that have played on Broadway.

"You pile up enough tomorrows, and you'll find you are left with nothing but a lot of empty yesterdays. I don't know about you, but I'd like to make today worth remembering." --Harold Hill from The Music Man

wowobball2000 Profile Photo
wowobball2000
#93re: what was your first broadway experience?
Posted: 6/29/05 at 4:57pm

I saw Les Mis years ago and that was my first show, however the first show that I ever went to because I wanted to was Wicked on Jan. 1 because I didn't want to miss Idina.

"Will the world remember you when you fall?" Les Miserables

Marlene Profile Photo
Marlene
#94re: what was your first broadway experience?
Posted: 6/29/05 at 4:59pm

To be honest I don't remember...it's either Sound of Music (which I think it was), Annie, or A Christmas Carol in the 3rd grade.

WickedCatsontheRoof Profile Photo
WickedCatsontheRoof
#95re: what was your first broadway experience?
Posted: 6/29/05 at 5:28pm

nelliecollins- Wow, "Damn Yankees" starring Jerry Lewis was also my first Broadway show. I saw it when I was 8.

Dov'`e mia luce, mio cor?

bdwybelle
#96re: what was your first broadway experience?
Posted: 6/29/05 at 5:38pm

Victor/Victoria or Triumph of Love, when I was 6 or 7. I can't remember which one came first.

minimel8817 Profile Photo
minimel8817
#97re: what was your first broadway experience?
Posted: 6/29/05 at 6:35pm

Cats in 1997...i was about 8 years old. o i can't count the shows ive seen since then, maybe like 2 a year...

VonTussleGirl Profile Photo
VonTussleGirl
#98re: what was your first broadway experience?
Posted: 6/29/05 at 6:38pm

Chicago, November '04.

Videos