Posted: 1/8/06 at 8:31pm

i listened to DG over the phone

it was AMAZING. ive never heard anyhing like that in my LIFE

I LOVE SHOSHANA BEAN.

leon1489 Profile Photo
leon1489
#76re: Sho's last performance tonight
Posted: 1/8/06 at 8:35pm

I actually think the track suit is really funny. I am class-less and juvenile. Oh well. As for Michelle, she should have gotten to take something home. Like one of the wheels. Or a cast recording in which she actually has a song.

Ebonic_Singer
#77re: Sho's last performance tonight
Posted: 1/8/06 at 8:36pm

Yeah I was there, it was fantastic. I don't plan on ever seeing it again, so it was a nice goodbye.

Ebonic_Singer
#78re: Sho's last performance tonight
Posted: 1/8/06 at 8:37pm

Oh yeah--Norbert Leo Butz sat two rows in front of me--i watched his reaction more than the show itself.

HatBoy
#79re: Sho's last performance tonight
Posted: 1/8/06 at 8:41pm

Eden was there too. :)

Haha, and it wasn't the singing Sho Face, it was her Diva MTV face.

...now under the user "aawolfe".

zepka102 Profile Photo
zepka102
#80re: Sho's last performance tonight
Posted: 1/8/06 at 8:44pm

"As for Michelle, she should have gotten to take something home. Like one of the wheels. Or a cast recording in which she actually has a song."

HAHAHAHA leon, i LOVE THAT!!

::bust a move::

jstabwaybabi Profile Photo
jstabwaybabi
#81re: Sho's last performance tonight
Posted: 1/8/06 at 8:55pm

I think the track suit is hysterical!!!! i dont think the intention of the cast doing that was to say "hey you suck, Idina was better then you so were gonna give you this track suit so you feel horrible that you are leaving"

let me make it clear that is NOT what I think the cast really thinks, its glorified because I'm trying to get a point across so dont jump down my throat...but it is very ironic and funny. It would have a been a little creepy if she had taken her curtin call wearing the red track suit...then I could see people been a little creeped out.

For those of you who were there tonight im jeal!!! but i hope you had a great time. Lots of things happeneing on Broadway this week!!!

p.s. congrats to everyone in the cast that was leaving and congrats to Phantom!!!(shameless plug)

i trust my soul...my only goal is just to be.

JerseyGirl2 Profile Photo
JerseyGirl2
#82re: Sho's last performance tonight
Posted: 1/8/06 at 8:56pm

I've never heard anyone showing the Sho face. I have heard of showing a different kind of face, but that's a tween free topic.

Pretty pretty please don't you ever ever feel like you're less than f**ckin' perfect!

#83re: Sho's last performance tonight
Posted: 1/8/06 at 8:58pm

The tracksuit is almost like the gypsy robe. No one thinks when they get the gypsy robe: "I've done a bunch of shows but I'm still in the ensemble!" They are honored because it marks a landmark in their career.

SpellRENT777
#84re: Sho's last performance tonight
Posted: 1/8/06 at 9:01pm

Well, I was there also. I saw Norbert Leo Butz walking up the aisle and wanted to say something but then he would be hounded by others. I thought the tracksuit was a funny gag gift. If shoshana is ok with it, I think is overall OK. Her Defying Gravity was just breathtaking. The crowd completely flipped out!

YouWantitWhen???? Profile Photo
YouWantitWhen????
#85re: Sho's last performance tonight
Posted: 1/8/06 at 9:01pm

Whatever you say.

JerseyGirl2 - I will take that Valium now.

dancersmom2 Profile Photo
dancersmom2
#86re: Sho's last performance tonight
Posted: 1/8/06 at 9:14pm

Michelle gets to take Norbert home. What more could you want?

linss1204 Profile Photo
linss1204
#87re: Sho's last performance tonight
Posted: 1/8/06 at 9:16pm

TONIGHT WAS AMAZING...

the cutest thing ever was when norbort got up and applauded first. it was so cute how supportive he was.
shoshana's defying gravity was INCREDIBLE. best one i've ever heard.
but what was wrong with rue mclanahan... was she drunk or something?

PJ
#88re: Sho's last performance tonight
Posted: 1/8/06 at 9:17pm

No she always played Morrible like that.
Updated On: 1/8/06 at 09:17 PM

Benzy92 Profile Photo
Benzy92
#89re: Sho's last performance tonight
Posted: 1/8/06 at 9:33pm

today's performance was UNFORGETTABLE.

i've seen the show 10x before today, and the energy, emotional, and performance overall was the best i'd ever seen it.

with shoshana leaving today, i feel as if the cast is losing its rock. her performance was incredible, and will be missed TERRIBLY.

liotte Profile Photo
liotte
#90re: Sho's last performance tonight
Posted: 1/8/06 at 9:36pm

Just an FYI- if you sent me a PM, I'm waiting on the upload. I didn't forget.

bwayondabrain
#91re: Sho's last performance tonight
Posted: 1/8/06 at 9:40pm

so they gave sho a tracksuit? that is hilarious! :) but i will miss shoshana, she was incredible, specially her "no good deed" re: Sho's last performance tonight i love sho!!!
does eden start tomorrow? cant wait to see her in it, though!

SirLiir Profile Photo
SirLiir
#92re: Sho's last performance tonight
Posted: 1/8/06 at 9:41pm

Thats nice to hear.

BTW Where was Norbert sitting anyway. I was at DRS today and I bet that Norbert was over at Wicked for the show. I just hope now Michelle will take the advice I gave her last night and keep Norbert silent! (good luck)

Shoshaha...farewell ;;

HatBoy
#93re: Sho's last performance tonight
Posted: 1/8/06 at 9:43pm

NLB was 4th row. :)

SirLiir Profile Photo
SirLiir
#94re: Sho's last performance tonight
Posted: 1/8/06 at 9:51pm

Thanks Aaron. I would have been too far anyway. Anyway, I love to hear Norbert's reaction to how David was. I am definitely going to ask him (though not verbally).

Well as I said last night, aside from Rue, the leaving of those three really is a loss for the show and I am quite saddened at this. Hopefully Derrick, Eden, Cristy, and Carol will continue to keep the emotional power of the show for their time. I have confidence they will indeed.

lfae Profile Photo
lfae
#95re: Sho's last performance tonight
Posted: 1/8/06 at 9:59pm

SirLiir, Eden is amazing. You won't be let down.
Updated On: 1/8/06 at 09:59 PM

EugLoven Profile Photo
EugLoven
#96re: Sho's last performance tonight
Posted: 1/8/06 at 10:02pm

At the risk of getting my head bitten off, I think today was a bitter-sweet day in my mind. It's sad seeing talented stars say goodbye and it's fun to smile at the antics they did.

But bring on EDEN, DERRICK, and CAROL! Hehehe I can't wait for them to grace the stage together, Tuesday. That trio was absolutely amazing in San Francisco (Tour).

THANK YOU SO MUCH, LIOTTE, FOR THOSE GREAT PHOTOS! THANK YOU!
And much thanks to everyone else who is providing DETAILS of the happenings today. Minus the annoying opinionated banter some of you insist on having, I'm enjoying reading about the show and the curtain call events and speeches.

Anyone else have pictures or remember specifics that made tonight memorable?

Another day to log in the Wicked history book! That year went by so fast! Updated On: 1/8/06 at 10:02 PM

HatBoy
#97re: Sho's last performance tonight
Posted: 1/8/06 at 10:06pm

http://unexamined-life.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3529&start=60

Further down in the thread, there are links to pictures from someone who one the lotto, they're great quality and I absolutely loved all of them.

Enjoy :)

liotte Profile Photo
liotte
#98re: Sho's last performance tonight
Posted: 1/8/06 at 10:06pm

This is taking forever to upload! Sorry guys!

Swiftynifty15
#99Sho's last performance tonight
Posted: 1/8/06 at 10:07pm

The Listing Has Been Changed On Broadway.Com.

Videos