pixeltracker

Weirdest comment by an actor?- Page 4

Weirdest comment by an actor?

WickedOne2 Profile Photo
WickedOne2
#75re: Weirdest comment by an actor?
Posted: 10/25/06 at 4:30pm

My fiance and I were at the stage door after a performance of The Pillowman and right before I am about to take a picture of him with Jeff Goldblum, Jeff looks down and says to my fiance "Look at you in your sandals" (they were flip-flops) It was even stranger because of the way he said it. It has been a running joke between us ever since.

"I wish the stage were as narrow as the wire of a tightrope dancer, so that no incompetent would dare step upon it." Goethe

overthemoon419 Profile Photo
overthemoon419
#76re: Weirdest comment by an actor?
Posted: 10/25/06 at 4:38pm

At the stage door for Rocky Horror, Yasmin Alers rushes out of the stage door, past the crowd, grabs my arm, and goes, "I'm so excited to meet you!" Apparently, they talked about me backstage often... it was fun being a pseudo-celebrity for one night!

Also after Rocky Horror, I was asking Dick Cavett if he would mind posing for a picture. He said no, but started walking toward the Gershwin, stopped, and saw a poster for Love, Janis in one of the windows. I said, "If you're in a hurry, that's okay, I don't mind. You don't have to stay for me or anything," to which he responded, "You know, she was on my show once." I stared and went, "Who?" and he goes, "Janis. She was on my show once." Then he came next to me, smiled for the camera my mother was holding, and said something about Janis being a nice girl as he walked away.

"It's not for sissies, contrary to popular belief." - Tommy Tune, on musical theatre.

My avatar: Yummy, no?

BSoBW2
#77re: Weirdest comment by an actor?
Posted: 10/25/06 at 4:39pm

Darlene Love signing my CARRIE Playbill.

DL: "Oh, can I look inseide. I wanna see my picture."
Me: "I think it just has Linzi and Betty."
DL: "What!"

(She opens it, finds the pictures. None of her.)

DL: "Well, what kind of a Playbill is this!"

#78re: Weirdest comment by an actor?
Posted: 10/25/06 at 4:42pm

That's not weird, that's more of a compliment. To me, what is weird, is like actor Viggo Mortensen eating at his breakfast table with his horse( I had a past article on him a while ago with a picture of him and his horse eating at the table)(more of an action, not a quote).

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#79re: Weirdest comment by an actor?
Posted: 10/25/06 at 4:49pm

Last summer, I asked Raúl Esparza to sign my CD from the Hair benefit.

So he goes "oooooh, HAIR!!" and said he hadn't yet had a chance to listen to it, wanted to know if I liked it, etc. So I told him I loved it, that it came out really great, and that he should try to get a copy and check it out. He said they had a really great time doing the concert and making the CD, and then goes "yeah, it [Hair] was a really fun song to sing.... everybody took their clothes off!!" Not that that's not a valid assessment, but of all things to say... re: Weirdest comment by an actor?

Made me laugh.

A work of art is an invitation to love.
Updated On: 10/25/06 at 04:49 PM

ahmelie Profile Photo
ahmelie
#80re: Weirdest comment by an actor?
Posted: 10/25/06 at 4:51pm

I don't have any good ones, but I have to share something.

When we were waiting for Patti a woman fainting, when Michael came out (before Patti) he demanded that a chair be brought out for her, then Patti came out she sees that there's a woman sitting in a chair and goes "Oh wow! You've got your own little chair, we've never had someone camp out for us anymore"

and this is unrelated but when she fainted the woman pulled down the barrier and this lady next to us tells Patti (and she sounds totally disgusted) "That thing fell on her" which isn't what happened at all, so it's been a little joke between my friend and I.

Theatre is a safe place to do the unsafe things that need to be done. -John Patrick Shanley

veryownplanetz Profile Photo
veryownplanetz
#81re: Weirdest comment by an actor?
Posted: 10/25/06 at 5:00pm

Tina Maddigan at the stage door of Wedding Singer
Me: Hey so I think you got my email...
Tina: (grabbing my hand) OMG was I supposed to take you backstage? ( I shook my head no) Bake you cookies? ( again...no) Oh then...whats up?
Me: I just wanted to say hi!
Tina: OH! HI!

NJRae Profile Photo
NJRae
#82re: Weirdest comment by an actor?
Posted: 10/25/06 at 5:10pm

"Tina Maddigan at the stage door of Wedding Singer
Tina: (grabbing my hand) OMG was I supposed to take you backstage? ( I shook my head no) Bake you cookies? ( again...no) Oh then...whats up?
Tina: OH! HI!"

OMG I think that is the funniest thing I have heard yet! Wonder who she was supposed to bake cookies for though . . . that is a funny request!

"I wrote a book: "How to Be Popular". Now I've put together a top ten list of how to help you: -Elphie, everyday... shower. I mean, who knows? Maybe some of that green is gonna come off! -Deodorant Elphie. No body likes a stinky witch! -I think we've covered the hair, we'll get to that. -Clean underclothes. That's all I'm gonna say. -Look at your posture. That's no way to be popular! -Bed made, room straightened. We've done that. -Colors blended. Oookay. -But the most important thing to have, to make yourself popular, is to keep your beautiful smile." ~Kristin Chenoweth in her last performance of the song "Popular"

Traci Profile Photo
Traci
#83re: Weirdest comment by an actor?
Posted: 10/25/06 at 5:13pm

*At Avenue Q, John Tartaglia yelled at me for not wearing a hat and scarf. (It was below zero out) Then insisted I go straight to buy some.

Then, as we were posing for a picture he and I were having a great time making fun of my mom because she couldn't get the digital camera to work.

*Barrett Foa has on more then one occasion randomly told me my hair smelled good.

*After Sweeney Todd, said by Manoel Felciano. "I was starring at you!" I was so confused. He went on to tell me he recognized me from the audience. When I told him I didn’t believe him he called me '5th row on the aisle' to prove he had, in fact, been starring at me...and yes, that was my exact seat.

~Avatar: Alan ming~

~Official Member of GFU~
~Member of C...FU, whose official color is cat blue, which is quite different than royal blue!~
~Because no one puts Mary in their signature~

~"OMG I Peed!" -Anthony Rapp (His reaction to the 'Everybody Has AIDS' song from Team America

GYPSY1527 Profile Photo
GYPSY1527
#84re: Weirdest comment by an actor?
Posted: 10/25/06 at 6:55pm

I don't know how this is going to sound but after Sweeney Todd once, I was speaking to Lauren Molina and it basically went like this:
Me: Hi Lauren!
Lauren: Oh hi, how are you?
Me: Thanks for the shirt ect
Lauren: oh by the way, I was staring at you during Johanna in the 2nd act to get into character.
Me: *confused look*
Lauren: you know, when I was crying. I just starred at you.
Me: *still confused* Oh wow. Awesome.

Yeah, it was very odd and I still don't know if that was a compliement or not.

Also, before a performance of Gypsy my sister and I was speaking with Tammy Blanchard and she got on this tangent about guessing my sister and my ages. She was like "ohh lemme guess how old you are". Of course we had no idea what to say to that so we just looked at eachother and was like "um sure go for it"! After that, we got into a conversation about Judy Garland and in the middle of the conversation she goes "oh my god! You have eyes just like Judy Garland (I don't btw)". Very bizarre.

Happy...Everything! Kaye Thompson

dancingthrulife04 Profile Photo
dancingthrulife04
#85re: Weirdest comment by an actor?
Posted: 10/25/06 at 7:02pm

Tina Maddigan at the stage door of Wedding Singer
Tina: OH! HI!

Haha, that's cute.

http://www.beintheheights.com/katnicole1 (Please click and help me win!) I chose, and my world was shaken- So what?
The choice may have been mistaken, The choosing was not...
"Every day has the potential to be the greatest day of your life." - Lin-Manuel Miranda
"And when Idina Menzel is singing, I'm always slightly worried that her teeth are going to jump out of her mouth and chase me." - Schmerg_the_Impaler

Marissa2 Profile Photo
Marissa2
#86re: Weirdest comment by an actor?
Posted: 10/25/06 at 7:42pm

I took my little sister to see Rent last year, and as we were walking out and putting money into the tins for BC/EFA, Frenchie stopped my sister and goes "Thank you sweetie!" When they all came out afterwards and my sister and I walked up to Frenchie, she put her arms out, grabbed my sister and hugged her and screamed "LOOK AT THE BABY!!!!" It was hilarious and adorable at the same time, my 9 year old sister loved it.

rose_pearl Profile Photo
rose_pearl
#87re: Weirdest comment by an actor?
Posted: 10/25/06 at 7:47pm

^ That is so cute!

~*Sara*~

Who would play you in the movie? "Taye Diggs." --Brian d'Arcy James

emo_geek Profile Photo
emo_geek
#88re: Weirdest comment by an actor?
Posted: 10/25/06 at 7:52pm

I just looked at the thread title from the main message board menu and I thought what I good idea for a thread. Then I clicked and relized I started it. Ok back to convo

"I never had theatre producers run after me. Some people want to make more Broadway shows out of movies. But Elliot and I aren't going to do Batman: The Musical." - Julie Taymor 1999

DevDev
#89re: Weirdest comment by an actor?
Posted: 10/25/06 at 8:10pm

"*At Avenue Q, John Tartaglia yelled at me for not wearing a hat and scarf. (It was below zero out) Then insisted I go straight to buy some. "

That reminds me of the time Will Chase asked me where my coat was (I had a big sweatshirt instead!). Immediatly after he said, "Wow, I really sound like a dad."

emo_geek Profile Photo
emo_geek
#90re: Weirdest comment by an actor?
Posted: 10/25/06 at 8:29pm

""*At Avenue Q, John Tartaglia yelled at me for not wearing a hat and scarf. (It was below zero out) Then insisted I go straight to buy some. "

That reminds me of the time Will Chase asked me where my coat was (I had a big sweatshirt instead!). Immediatly after he said, "Wow, I really sound like a dad." "
=====================================================
Reminds me of when Cleavant Derricks yelled at me that my sweatshirt was too thin and I was going to catch a cold.

"I never had theatre producers run after me. Some people want to make more Broadway shows out of movies. But Elliot and I aren't going to do Batman: The Musical." - Julie Taymor 1999

HOUFlip04 Profile Photo
HOUFlip04
#91re: Weirdest comment by an actor?
Posted: 10/25/06 at 9:17pm

What a great topic! I couldn't think of one, but after reading the last few posts I thought of one.

A friend and I went to see Saturday matinee of the Urinetown tour in Houston (This is the same performance that Ron Holgate as Cladwell went up on lyrics, but you can find that on another thread). We got front row seats and we enjoyed the show a lot, laughing a lot.

After the show, the guy playing Tiny Tom was in the lobby with the bucket for BC/EFA and when we approached him, he said "You were in the front row". We were surprised that he noticed us enjoying the show. Then we went to the stage door and Leslie Kritzer, who was playing Little Becky Two-Shoes, looked at us and said, "You were in the front row". We figured that they noticed us because were were the only ones laughing in the front row. The rest of front row were probably a bunch of stuffed shirts from corporations with free seats.

It was pretty cool!

This is Harvard, not a stripper bar...

Burning_Oasis
#92re: Weirdest comment by an actor?
Posted: 10/25/06 at 9:31pm

When Wicked came to my town, i was talking to Julia Murny, and my dad wanted to know how long it taked to get the green off, and she was like "Well, I go to the shower, then scrub it off with a LOUFA! Then my face starts to hurt..."

I love Julia, shes so nice.

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#93re: Weirdest comment by an actor?
Posted: 10/25/06 at 9:32pm

She has the best sense of humor. :)

A work of art is an invitation to love.

Burning_Oasis
#94re: Weirdest comment by an actor?
Posted: 10/25/06 at 9:38pm

Ohh, another Julia story...

Some girl asked her to sign her cell phone and she was like "Wait, what a cell phone? Am I allowed to do that?" The someone asked her to sign her ipod and she was like " You need to ask your mom about it, those are expensive and you use them" after reassuring her, she was like "if you want okay, but seriously, a cell phone now an ipod. i wonder what i will have to sign next!"

dancingthrulife04 Profile Photo
dancingthrulife04
#95re: Weirdest comment by an actor?
Posted: 10/25/06 at 9:40pm

Haha, nice.

Julia tried to run away with somebody's keys at Lennon one day. The person had a mini-Sharpie on them, so they handed her the whole key chain.

http://www.beintheheights.com/katnicole1 (Please click and help me win!) I chose, and my world was shaken- So what?
The choice may have been mistaken, The choosing was not...
"Every day has the potential to be the greatest day of your life." - Lin-Manuel Miranda
"And when Idina Menzel is singing, I'm always slightly worried that her teeth are going to jump out of her mouth and chase me." - Schmerg_the_Impaler

ashley0139
#96re: Weirdest comment by an actor?
Posted: 10/25/06 at 9:44pm

Umm... I seriously considered having her sign my ipod the other day. I didn't know anyone had had that idea. She is seriously the funniest person.

"This table, he is over one hundred years old. If I could, I would take an old gramophone needle and run it along the surface of the wood. To hear the music of the voices. All that was said." - Doug Wright, I Am My Own Wife

Revolutionary Profile Photo
Revolutionary
#97re: Weirdest comment by an actor?
Posted: 10/25/06 at 10:00pm

Me: *pointing to my friend* Hey, did you see her staring at you the whole time?

Mano: No. But I saw YOU staring at me a lot.

haha. So I guess he remembers the people who make good eye contact. Though I think my absolute favorite thing that came out of his mouth was 'My Mom told me to never accept food from strangers...but...mmmm...cupcakes....Yummy.'

Mano's a weirdo. :)And I remember the first time I met Michael Cerveris, the first thing he said to me was 'Sorry about the spit.' lol.

VonTussleGirl Profile Photo
VonTussleGirl
#98re: Weirdest comment by an actor?
Posted: 10/25/06 at 10:11pm

""*At Avenue Q, John Tartaglia yelled at me for not wearing a hat and scarf. (It was below zero out) Then insisted I go straight to buy some. "

That reminds me of the time Will Chase asked me where my coat was (I had a big sweatshirt instead!). Immediatly after he said, "Wow, I really sound like a dad." "
=====================================================
Reminds me of when Cleavant Derricks yelled at me that my sweatshirt was too thin and I was going to catch a cold.

Reminds me of the time that Carolee Carmello asked me if I had an umbrella (it was pouring out.)

Yankeefan007
#99re: Weirdest comment by an actor?
Posted: 10/25/06 at 10:15pm

Those were my keys. It was pretty funny, though not really a comment.

My mini Sharpie was on my keychain and I let her use it to sign up the line....then she walked off....not realizing she had my keys....when she finally did, she got really embarrassed and apologized. I'll never forget what she said...."I'm sure you don't want me going home with you."

And then there was that time that Zeljko Ivanek was thrown off by seeing my cell phone on my lap during Caine Mutiny. That embarrased him....very much.

Videos