Real Actors Do Spit

BwayBaby18 Profile Photo
BwayBaby18
#75re: Real Actors Do Spit
Posted: 8/13/06 at 9:38pm

I had tony awarding winning spit from LaChanze on me.

chicolini Profile Photo
chicolini
#76re: Real Actors Do Spit
Posted: 8/13/06 at 9:41pm

Re: female actors

I saw Audra McDonald this weekend and she did spray a little bit. It didn't have quite the same range as other (male) actors, though. If you could equate actors with a garden hose, Audra would be the "mist" setting, as opposed to Cerveris' "showers".

As wickedrentq said, Ben Magnuson is the champion though. He'd be one of those weird "vertical" hose settings.

Don't be too sure I'm as crooked as I'm supposed to be.

Phantom2 Profile Photo
Phantom2
#77re: Real Actors Do Spit
Posted: 8/13/06 at 9:51pm

What about sweating?

"I'm learning to dig deep down inside and find the truth within myself and put that out. I think what we identify with in popular music more than anything else is when someone just shares a truth that we can relate to. That's what I'm searching for in my music." - Ron Bohmer

"I broke the boundaries. It wasn't cool to be in plays- especially if you were in sports & I was in both." - Ashton Kutcher

nomdeplume
#78re: Real Actors Do Spit
Posted: 8/13/06 at 9:56pm

Sounds like you have the jist of another actor bodily-function-on-stage thread there, phantycakes...

I'm just waiting for the earwax thread: "Who has missed a note because of excess earwax?"

And back to--

what great actor spits on stage?
Updated On: 8/13/06 at 09:56 PM

Eponine913 Profile Photo
Eponine913
#79re: Real Actors Do Spit
Posted: 8/13/06 at 10:00pm

I got sprayed by Shoshana Bean during "No Good Deed."

nomdeplume
#80re: Real Actors Do Spit
Posted: 8/13/06 at 10:13pm

I would like an up-to-date report on whether Tina Maddigan can be observed to "spray" during The Wedding Singer.

Inquiring minds need to know.

kaboodles041 Profile Photo
kaboodles041
#81re: Real Actors Do Spit
Posted: 8/13/06 at 11:09pm

No one mentioned the Jersey Boys yet? JLY is in my mind particularly for spitting...and for other reasons too re: Real Actors Do Spit

Arghh! Grammar pet peeve #1: your vs you're. "Your" is a possessive pronoun. "You're" is the contraction of "you are." <<

SNLMedia Profile Photo
SNLMedia
#82re: Real Actors Do Spit
Posted: 8/14/06 at 12:06am

Tom and nom, my signature is a line from [title of show] sung by the hysterical Susan Blackwell. I only wish I was that clever!

"The world is a better place because of hairspray." - Michael Ball

Blair
#83re: Real Actors Do Spit
Posted: 8/14/06 at 12:15am

Hunter Foster sprayed a good bit, once or twice on me, when I saw Little Shop.

MsNina
#84re: Real Actors Do Spit
Posted: 8/14/06 at 4:13am

sutton foster can launch it. massive globular spit. could rival the dousing you'd get seeing shamu at seaworld.

TomMonster Profile Photo
TomMonster
#85re: Real Actors Do Spit
Posted: 8/14/06 at 4:40am

Could be a family thing with the Fosters... Imagine Thanksgiving.

Oh God, at least the turkey won't be dry.

"It's not so much do what you like, as it is that you like what you do." SS

"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana." GMarx
Updated On: 8/14/06 at 04:40 AM

camp_actor
#86re: Real Actors Do Spit
Posted: 8/14/06 at 6:23am

I think any argument about sweating is redundant - everybody knows that Liza is the Sweat Queen!

hulaboy
#87re: Real Actors Do Spit
Posted: 11/26/18 at 11:44am

We saw Newsies on Broadway a few years ago. Sat in first Row far stage left (thank you TKTS). Jeremy Jordan and the ENTIRE lead cast absolutely showered each other through the whole show.

Sitting that close, from the side angle, it was disgusting, shocking, and absurd; we couldn’t even get into the story of the show because it was so distracting.

We’d seen more than 20 musicals by that time, but never sat that close and we were shocked to see the rain storm.

My wife was an actor in a national tour and several regionals and she doesn’t ever recall the spit factor. One thing’s for sure, we will never forget that performance.

BroadwayPrincess3 Profile Photo
BroadwayPrincess3
#88re: Real Actors Do Spit
Posted: 11/26/18 at 12:08pm

hulaboy said: "We saw Newsies on Broadway a few years ago. Sat in first Row far stage left (thank you TKTS). Jeremy Jordan and the ENTIRE lead cast absolutely showered each other through the whole show.

Sitting that close, from the side angle, it was disgusting, shocking, and absurd; we couldn’t even get into the story of the show because it was so distracting.

We’d seen more than 20 musicals by that time, but never sat that close and we were shocked to see the rain storm.

My wife was an actor in a national tour and several regionals and she doesn’t ever recall the spit factor. One thing’s for sure, we will never forget that performance.
"

I second that! Had I sat any closer to the stage when I saw Newsies some years back, I’d walk out soaking. No idea why they’re so much more intense than any other show I’ve seen. Could it be trying to project combined with the accents? 

BroadwayRox3588 Profile Photo
BroadwayRox3588
#89re: Real Actors Do Spit
Posted: 11/26/18 at 3:36pm

Ben Platt. Dear Evan Hansen. Enough said.

Sondheimite Profile Photo
Sondheimite
#90re: Real Actors Do Spit
Posted: 11/26/18 at 3:38pm

Jonathan Groff in Hamilton spit up a storm and it made his take on King George 10x funnier.  Like a Baby King having a tantrum.  

Broadway World's Fireman.

MauraLovesMusicals
#91re: Real Actors Do Spit
Posted: 11/26/18 at 4:35pm

BroadwayRox3588 said: "Ben Platt.Dear Evan Hansen. Enough said."

that was my first thought when i saw this thread. i also hear george salazar gives his own shower onstage as well

antonijan Profile Photo
antonijan
#92re: Real Actors Do Spit
Posted: 11/26/18 at 8:56pm

Chris spits at Ellen during the high notes during their confrontation about Kim.

BroadwayNoob
#93re: Real Actors Do Spit
Posted: 11/26/18 at 10:27pm

Ben Crawford was spitting all over the place, including once on me

I was living

MarkBearSF Profile Photo
MarkBearSF
#94re: Real Actors Do Spit
Posted: 11/26/18 at 10:39pm

nomdeplume said: "Good for him! I have even more respect for the man's talent!
Who else?
"

Patti LuPone is another. Both freely admitted that their Sweeney together was a very wet show.

OlBlueEyes Profile Photo
OlBlueEyes
#95re: Real Actors Do Spit
Posted: 11/26/18 at 11:39pm

42nd Street. "Lullaby of Broadway" We were seated in the second row stage left.

Jerry Orbach stood right on the corner of the stage nearest to us as Julian went to work trying to light a fire under Peggy. 

The spotlight caught the spittle flying out of his mouth.

I previously had had no idea.

ImAProphet
#96re: Real Actors Do Spit
Posted: 11/27/18 at 6:43am

MarkBearSF said: "Patti LuPone is another. Both freely admitted that their Sweeney together was a very wet show."

Speaking of Sweeney, I sat up front at the Barrow Street production and left wearing a thin layer of Hugh Panaro spit.

Danielle0314
#97re: Real Actors Do Spit
Posted: 11/28/18 at 9:36am

Anthony Boyle in HPCC. From his first moment on stage to his last.

Videos