News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

Official "Beauty & the Beast" Film Adaptation Thread- Page 41

Official "Beauty & the Beast" Film Adaptation Thread

broadwayguy91
#1000Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 11/11/16 at 7:32am

jonahke said: "That poster is just wow, so beautiful!

"

love the homage to the original 1991 theatrical release poster.

smallvillefan16
#1001Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 11/12/16 at 2:52pm

Would LOVE for the trailer to premiere Monday but I have a feeling it will be with Moana.  I have a feeling it's going to go the Rogue One route - teaser, short trailer 1, full trailer 2, alt full trailer 3; I can't imagine will get a full trailer until Valentine's Day or at least after the new year... I hope I am wrong.

westendfanatic Profile Photo
westendfanatic
#1002Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 11/12/16 at 3:06pm

They are having a live Q&A on Monday 14th November where it will feature Emma, Dan, Bill, Luke and Josh answering questions posted by fans of the movie on Facebook. After reading this section from an article featured on the SCREENRANT website...

"Trailer Track has revealed that Beauty and the Beast‘s second trailer has been classified. It will run at 1 min 59 seconds; a bit short by modern trailer standards, but more than enough time to show off some new footage. Classification now means we’re likely to see the trailer by the end of November. It’s plausible the trailer will arrive as early as next week, attached to the Harry Potter prequel/spinoff Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them. Beauty and the Beast‘s new trailer will certainly be attached to Disney’s animated Moana, when it arrives over the Thanksgiving frame. While the tradition of attaching trailers to digital movie prints remains, it’s now more common for a trailer to drop online as much as a week in advance. So much should be the case with Beauty and the Beast‘s new preview."

it looks as if the trailer coming up in the next few weeks, might not be a teaser, but the official theatrical trailer  that will be shown in movie theatres. i hope it is the final and official trailer we have all been waiting for as an average duration for a movie trailer is supposed to be 2mins 30secs.

Updated On: 11/12/16 at 03:06 PM

RW3
#1003Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 11/12/16 at 5:08pm

I wonder if we are going to get any excerpts of the cast singing.

westendfanatic
#1004Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 11/12/16 at 5:17pm

RW3 said: "I wonder if we are going to get any excerpts of the cast singing."

I hope we see footage...even if it shows how they created the beast or musical sequences from the film.

GreatBroadwayFan Profile Photo
GreatBroadwayFan
Plannietink08 Profile Photo
Plannietink08
#1006Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 11/14/16 at 9:00am

https://www.broadwayworld.com/article/VIDEO-Official-Trailer-for-Disneys-BEAUTY-AND-THE-BEAST-Has-Arrived-20161114

HERE IT IS! THE OFFICIAL TRAILER.

So many mixed feelings. The yellow ballgown really does look lacklustre. But I'm glad they've kept the red winter dress in the film. Something about Emma Watson just didn't 'click' with me. 

So many things look incredible and then so many things look like missed opportunities. 

"Charlotte, we're Jewish"
Updated On: 11/14/16 at 09:00 AM

disneybroadwayfan22 Profile Photo
disneybroadwayfan22
#1007Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 11/14/16 at 9:11am

One word: WOW.

FANtomFollies Profile Photo
FANtomFollies
#1008Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 11/14/16 at 9:22am

I agree with Plannietink08...lots of wonderful scenery and atmosphere, but the costumes in general look uninspired and completely devoid of any magic or fantasy. Something about Emma Watson doesn't feel right to me...I have serious doubts about her acting and singing ability.

Mr. Nowack Profile Photo
Mr. Nowack
#1009Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 11/14/16 at 9:24am

I agree with Plannietink08, I loved a lot but was highly unimpressed with other bits. 

Anyone have any clue what the ball scene at 1:44 and 1:46 would be? The new pre-transformation prologue?

Keeping BroadwayWorld Illustrated

Plannietink08 Profile Photo
Plannietink08
#1010Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 11/14/16 at 9:33am

Anyone have any clue what the ball scene at 1:44 and 1:46 would be? The new pre-transformation prologue?

I assumed it would be the finale but now that I think you might be right. The ball looked grand and colourful so it could show how alive the castle was before the transformation. 

"Charlotte, we're Jewish"

broadwayguy91
#1011Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 11/14/16 at 9:36am

1. Kevin Kline sounds stoned when he's talking (hopefully it's just that one line)

2. the facial expressions of the enchanted objects make me want to vomit for some reason. it's like they're not lifelike enough, to the point where it's ****ing creepy.

willep
#1012Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 11/14/16 at 9:38am

FANtomFollies said: "Something about Emma Watson doesn't feel right to me...I have serious doubts about her acting and singing ability.

"

That seems fair when you haven't heard her sing a single note.

westendfanatic
#1013Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 11/14/16 at 9:39am

Mr. Nowack said: "I agree with Plannietink08, I loved a lot but was highly unimpressed with other bits. 

"

i would thought that it was the ending when he gets transformed back into the prince when him and belle dance with the rest of the guests. I was very impressed with the final trailer (inc. dan's and luke's performances), but to me, they should have shown more of the backstory (belle's mother, prince before the transformation into the beast, etc...). it just seems that this is more of another teaser trailer, but apart from that, the film looks fantastic.

FlySkyHigh
#1014Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 11/14/16 at 9:49am

Updated On: 11/14/16 at 09:49 AM

Mr. Nowack Profile Photo
Mr. Nowack
#1015Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 11/14/16 at 9:51am

You could be right and that was my first thought too but it didn't strike me as the kindof shot they would use in the finale (1:44 I mean).

Keeping BroadwayWorld Illustrated

westendfanatic
#1016Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 11/14/16 at 10:03am

well emma thompson and nathan mack look amazing and sound adorable as mrs potts and chip. they have made the handle of the teacup chips' nose but haven't done it with mrs potts. i wonder why they have done that? also, i think this is gonna be Dan's best role to date.....even though he was scrummy as Matthew Crawley. i am finding ian mckellan's voice a little too deep aswell for Cogsworth. they should have increased the pitch a bit.

Updated On: 11/14/16 at 10:03 AM

BrodyFosse123 Profile Photo
BrodyFosse123
#1017Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 11/14/16 at 10:21am

Just watched the official trailer.  

I just died.  It's breathtaking.  Wow!  

Valentina3 Profile Photo
Valentina3
#1018Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 11/14/16 at 10:22am

First of all - it's a trailer. Let's not rush in with the pitch/choreography/costume discussions. I loved it.

The ball scene might also be a part of Be Our Guest. I know it's supposed to be only inanimate objects in that scene, but they could do a compare between "what we are now" vs "what we used to be". In the stage version, there's also an actual ball before the witch who curses the prince shows up so that's a very good guess too.

Caption: Every so often there was a rare moment of perfect balance when I soared above him.

westendfanatic
#1019Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 11/14/16 at 10:26am

Valentina3 said: "The ball scene might also be a part of Be Our Guest. I know it's supposed to be only inanimate objects in that scene, but they could do a compare between "what we are now" vs "what we used to be". In the stage version, there's also an actual ball before the witch who curses the prince shows up so that's a very good guess too."

Well it does show Lumiere dancing with the feather duster beforehand, so perhaps it is part of the BE OUR GUEST scene. i didn't think of that. 

Updated On: 11/14/16 at 10:26 AM

PatrickDC Profile Photo
PatrickDC
#1020Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 11/14/16 at 10:55am

I thought the ball scene might be from "Human Again" assuming that song is in the movie. It has a waltz tempo, and the objects' longing could transform them temporarily as they dream about being human again. Or it could just be a flashback to before the prince became the beast, showing how pleasant life used to be at the castle. 

westendfanatic
#1021Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 11/14/16 at 10:59am

PatrickDC said: "I thought the ball scene might be from "Human Again" assuming that song is in the movie. It has a waltz tempo, and the objects' longing could transform them temporarily as they dream about being human again. Or it could just be a flashback to before the prince became the beast, showing how pleasant life used to be at the castle. "

HUMAN AGAIN is not in the new live-action movie....even though would have been perfect. Alan Menken has written 3 new songs for the film as well as using unused lyrics (from the original 1991 version) for the big GASTON number in this version of the movie.

Brave Sir Robin2 Profile Photo
Brave Sir Robin2
#1022Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 11/14/16 at 11:55am

"In the stage version, there's also an actual ball before the witch who curses the prince shows up so that's a very good guess too."

Having seen and performed in it, that's not true. That being said, there is a scene like this in the animated holiday sequel, where she turns him in to the Beast.

"I saw Pavarotti play Rodolfo on stage and with his girth I thought he was about to eat the whole table at the Cafe Momus." - Dollypop

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#1023Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 11/14/16 at 11:56am

Why do they pretend like it's not a musical?

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#1024Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 11/14/16 at 12:00pm

I'm surprised at how dark and muted it looks, in terms of color and lighting.

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

Videos