INTO THE WOODS Reviews

TaffyDavenport Profile Photo
TaffyDavenport
#100INTO THE WOODS Reviews
Posted: 7/20/22 at 7:43pm

Through 1/8/23, apparently. Someone better tell The Piano Lesson!

The8re phan Profile Photo
The8re phan
#101INTO THE WOODS Reviews
Posted: 7/20/22 at 7:58pm

SO HAPPY!

Slotted spoons don't hold much soup
Updated On: 7/20/22 at 07:58 PM

EDSOSLO858 Profile Photo
EDSOSLO858
#102INTO THE WOODS Reviews
Posted: 7/20/22 at 8:08pm

OH YEAH!

Oh look, a bibu!

TaffyDavenport
#103INTO THE WOODS Reviews
Posted: 7/20/22 at 8:23pm

It would be great if Heather Headley could return after she's done filming Sweet Magnolias.

ElephantLoveMedley
#104INTO THE WOODS Reviews
Posted: 7/20/22 at 8:27pm

TaffyDavenport said: "It would be great if Heather Headley could return after she's done filming Sweet Magnolias."

The way that I would drop another couple hundred dollars to see this production again if she returns...

CATSNYrevival Profile Photo
CATSNYrevival
#105INTO THE WOODS Reviews
Posted: 7/20/22 at 8:32pm

This is exciting. I may be able to see it now.

Play  Esq. Profile Photo
Play Esq.
#106INTO THE WOODS Reviews
Posted: 7/20/22 at 8:52pm

TaffyDavenport said: "Through 1/8/23, apparently. Someone better tell The Piano Lesson!"

Moments like this…I just love BroadwayWorld INTO THE WOODS Reviews

TaffyDavenport
#107INTO THE WOODS Reviews
Posted: 7/20/22 at 9:29pm

The dates are gone for now, but I'm sure they'll be back. 

Updated On: 7/20/22 at 09:29 PM

PipingHotPiccolo
#108INTO THE WOODS Reviews
Posted: 7/20/22 at 9:52pm

great news. the grosses are wild. though i do wonder how long this show's legs are; when i saw it, the audience was CLEARLY Broadway-enthusiast heavy. that isnt a crowd that can sustain a long run all on its own, especially in an enormous theater like that.

but this would be great news-- for those of us who want to revisit it again in a few months, and for the Piano Lesson which will work so much better in the Barrymore.

poisonivy2 Profile Photo
poisonivy2
#109INTO THE WOODS Reviews
Posted: 7/20/22 at 11:09pm

Oh no! I have tickets for tomorrow. I hope Sara's back. She's my main reason for seeing this. I'm an unabashed Sara stan.

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#110INTO THE WOODS Reviews
Posted: 7/21/22 at 12:15pm

I’m hearing an extension is indeed happening and should be announced early next week, but not with any casting changes yet.

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

jlindsey865 Profile Photo
jlindsey865
#111INTO THE WOODS Reviews
Posted: 7/21/22 at 1:12pm

It will be interesting to see who they get as replacements as I highly doubt the entire current company will continue through the extension (and beyond).

I’m already hoping Shoshana Bean does a stint as the Baker’s Wife at some point.

Love her performance of “Moments In The Woods” around the 4:10 mark:

https://youtu.be/oU5Wg1dCt94

Updated On: 7/21/22 at 01:12 PM

Sutton Ross Profile Photo
Sutton Ross
#112INTO THE WOODS Reviews
Posted: 7/21/22 at 1:15pm

Exciting. This could work with an ever evolving cast because I don't see the more high profile stars staying for 6 months or more. 

HenryTDobson Profile Photo
HenryTDobson
#113INTO THE WOODS Reviews
Posted: 7/21/22 at 1:19pm

So happy this extension is happening! So many potential casting options, I hope they keep getting good people. Jessie Mueller stepping in for Baker's Wife (or any role, really) would be a dream.

The extension also helps solidify more Tony Award success potential.

Jeffrey Karasarides Profile Photo
Jeffrey Karasarides
#114INTO THE WOODS Reviews
Posted: 7/21/22 at 2:27pm

HenryTDobson said: "Jessie Mueller stepping in for Baker's Wife (or any role, really) would be a dream."

She previously played Cinderella in the Delacorte Theatre's production back in 2012. Although she has said in interviews how she'd love to work her way through any character in Into the Woods.

Updated On: 7/21/22 at 02:27 PM

RUkiddingme
#115INTO THE WOODS Reviews
Posted: 7/21/22 at 2:29pm

This show is close to perfect!

EDSOSLO858 Profile Photo
EDSOSLO858
#116INTO THE WOODS Reviews
Posted: 7/21/22 at 2:36pm

RUkiddingme said: "This show is close to perfect!"

Absolutely. It would just suck if this suffers from recency bias at next year's Tonys and loses to Cabaret for Musical Revival. This production — and this cast — deserves the world.

Oh look, a bibu!

MattieIce2018
#117INTO THE WOODS Reviews
Posted: 7/21/22 at 5:35pm

Someone on the Broadway subreddit noticed this first but I just confirmed - SeatGeek has dates up for a two week run at the AT&T Performing Arts Center in Dallas next April with the same key art as the current production. https://seatgeek.com/into-the-woods-dallas-tickets/theater/2023-04-11-7-30-pm/5720916

TaffyDavenport
#118INTO THE WOODS Reviews
Posted: 7/21/22 at 5:43pm

It's just a SeatGeek thing, accidentally applying it to that production because it has the same name. This is their actual artwork:

INTO THE WOODS Reviews

poisonivy2 Profile Photo
poisonivy2
#119INTO THE WOODS Reviews
Posted: 7/21/22 at 7:03pm

Sara and Gavin both our tonight.

Musicaldudepeter
#120INTO THE WOODS Reviews
Posted: 7/21/22 at 7:10pm

What are people thinking about this production's chances at the 2023 Tonys? Is this production eligible? What noms do you think it may get? I'm assuming it won't be in with a chance of winning any (if it's eligible) because we've learned that shows early in the season might as well *not* be eligible... Thoughts? 

Updated On: 7/21/22 at 07:10 PM

EDSOSLO858 Profile Photo
EDSOSLO858
#121INTO THE WOODS Reviews
Posted: 7/21/22 at 7:23pm

Musicaldudepeter said: "What are people thinking about this production's chances at the 2023 Tonys? Is this production eligible? What noms do you think it may get? I'm assuming it won't be in with a chance of winning any (if it's eligible) because we've learned that shows early in the season might as well *not* be eligible... Thoughts?"

There's a decent chance this revival will stomp all over whatever musical "competition" it has next year. 

Oh look, a bibu!

Musicaldudepeter
#122INTO THE WOODS Reviews
Posted: 7/21/22 at 7:51pm

I'd love to see that.

ColorTheHours048 Profile Photo
ColorTheHours048
#123INTO THE WOODS Reviews
Posted: 7/21/22 at 8:00pm

jlindsey865 said: "It will be interesting to see who they get as replacements as I highly doubt the entire current company will continue through the extension (and beyond).

I’m already hoping Shoshana Bean does a stint as the Baker’s Wife at some point.

Love her performance of “Moments In The Woods” around the 4:10 mark:

https://youtu.be/oU5Wg1dCt94
"

She would be fantastic. I’m hoping they keep it in the Waitress family and cast Shoshana or Jessie at some point.

Watching that performance of Shoshana makes me appreciate the freedom Sara gives the vowels in “moment” (Just a momeeeeeent / One peculiar, passing momeeeeent). So specific to her voice and portrayal, and something I never knew I needed.

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#124INTO THE WOODS Reviews
Posted: 7/21/22 at 8:07pm

If the extension does happen, I believe it would also be without Patina and Julia. 

Videos