pixeltracker

2005 High School Musicals Across the USA- Page 5

2005 High School Musicals Across the USA

CTY
#100re: 2005 High School Musicals Across the USA
Posted: 1/16/05 at 1:18pm

my school is doing INTO THE WOODS

and i got cast as the BAKER! (OK, in the understudy cast, meaning I only get 1 performance, but i am SO SO SO excited! its like the first lead i ever got lol)

my best friend in the world is the BW, so talk about awkward stage kisses...

lovettespies Profile Photo
lovettespies
#101re: 2005 High School Musicals Across the USA
Posted: 1/16/05 at 1:57pm

West Side Story here in Alexandria Virginia with a huge cast. I was cast as Consuela (0ne of the I feel pretty solos). It's going to be a really fun role to play. Anyone else here from Virginia and know about the Cappies? They're Tony awards for High School productions. The catagories include everything from production, actors, and technology.

Keep the peace, take care of each other, and may you find your promised land. -TJST

broadwaybaby654
#102re: 2005 High School Musicals Across the USA
Posted: 1/16/05 at 1:59pm

I go to Lachsa and we're doing Fame and Dreamgirls. In Fame, I'm Serena and in Dreamgirls, I got Lorrell(color blind casting). Fame is going to be really good and we're just starting rehersals for dreamgirls. I'm really excited for Dreamgirls b/c no high school has ever done it. They are worth seeing, come if you live near L.A.

iLiVeOnAvEnUeQ Profile Photo
iLiVeOnAvEnUeQ
#103re: 2005 High School Musicals Across the USA
Posted: 1/16/05 at 2:17pm

Hey to the one about lil abner- that reminds me of Cinderella on T.V. with Brandy. Whoopi Goldberg and Victor Garber somehow had an Asian kid (who is extremely good looking) :)

I'm a Thespian, wanna watch?

marebare
#104re: 2005 High School Musicals Across the USA
Posted: 1/16/05 at 2:23pm

CTY, my school did Into The Woods last year, and it was so amazing. I couldn't have asked for a better time. It's funny because we had an understudy cast that performed only one night, too. Way too much drama went on with that but hopefully it will be better at your school! Good luck!

Blonde Profile Photo
Blonde
#105re: 2005 High School Musicals Across the USA
Posted: 1/16/05 at 2:47pm

i'm in northern va also and our spring musical is crazy for you...which we're doing as our cappies show. the director just did casting but i'm not really sure of what my part entails...kind of ensemble I guess.

shalom kitty

BrdwayBaby
#106re: 2005 High School Musicals Across the USA
Posted: 1/16/05 at 2:51pm

pippin (one act), twelfth night (not a musical..but still...we did it), and pirates of penzance (we'll see how that goes)

"Gimme Gimme That Thing Called Love"

ashley0139
#107re: 2005 High School Musicals Across the USA
Posted: 1/16/05 at 3:09pm

My school is doing Brigadoon. Like, what the heck is that? She (the director) is really into accents this year. We've done the Importance of being Ernest and Midsummer. So I have no idea what to auditon with and I don't know the show and I might not even get to try out and it's just gonna be BAD!

"This table, he is over one hundred years old. If I could, I would take an old gramophone needle and run it along the surface of the wood. To hear the music of the voices. All that was said." - Doug Wright, I Am My Own Wife

ofnoimportance Profile Photo
ofnoimportance
#108re: 2005 High School Musicals Across the USA
Posted: 1/16/05 at 5:32pm

Once Upon a Mattress! I'm playing Lady Larken

theaterfan194
#109re: 2005 High School Musicals Across the USA
Posted: 1/16/05 at 9:01pm

my school is doing the me nobody knows our director is a hippie im pushing for urinetown next year such a good show

My Fair Lady Profile Photo
My Fair Lady
#110re: 2005 High School Musicals Across the USA
Posted: 1/16/05 at 9:08pm

The production fo Into the Woods (hgih school) in my area was amazing. Except for a few miscats, everyone played their parts to perfection.

SeeIreallycouldn'tSING!! Profile Photo
SeeIreallycouldn'tSING!!
#111re: 2005 High School Musicals Across the USA
Posted: 1/17/05 at 12:21am

I refuse to do school shows now. We do sucky shows, like Into The Woods and Sussical. Next they are doing City of Angels.I dont' know what its about.. But I really wanna be in it. But my track reacord sucks with the show so I can't.

My local high school theater group did Chorus Line last year and Grease this year.

Blair
#112re: 2005 High School Musicals Across the USA
Posted: 1/17/05 at 12:26am

Whoa SeeIreally, you consider Into the Woods sucky?

KristiAnn85 Profile Photo
KristiAnn85
#113re: 2005 High School Musicals Across the USA
Posted: 1/17/05 at 12:38am

The high school my sister goes to is doing Grease, and she is Jan.
One of the others in my hometown did Once Upon a Mattress.
And there are 5 high schools in the surrounding area doing Seussical. Is there anyone else who has heard that Seussical is being done, like, a thousand times?

Coondiggitydogg
#114re: 2005 High School Musicals Across the USA
Posted: 1/17/05 at 12:40am

Yeah I fail to see the suckiness with anything sondheim. I WISH we did something like into the woods. Our director has this 10 year rotation basically. Last year was Guys and Dolls, This year is South Pacific. Not to complain though cuase I got Emile and it suits my voice well. This is in Delaware btw. I know other schools around me are doing Les Mis, Man of laMancha, Fame, Music Man. I would love to take on some newer shows like Urinetown, or Thoroughly Modern Millie, or something along those lines. But a lot of subject matter needs to be taken out sicne we are a catholic school and the priests have their heads up u know what.
You all will enjoy the fact that we can't do Grease because the whole Rizzo might be pregnant. The whole mooning bit would have to be removed which basically means removing a character. HOW BOUT THAT. so there u go. and to the Into the Woods hater, that is a great show and ur lucky

RustyJusty830 Profile Photo
RustyJusty830
#115re: 2005 High School Musicals Across the USA
Posted: 1/17/05 at 2:04am

Sorry guys, Not to be annoying...But I am so excited that I am Jack in Into the Woods! My dream role...

"I need to know that someone out there cares...Are you there?"

Bird7887
#116re: 2005 High School Musicals Across the USA
Posted: 1/17/05 at 3:38pm

my school had the some problem last year when we did Les Miz, they made us make our show a few weeks earlier b4 the traveling company was there

Bird7887
#117re: 2005 High School Musicals Across the USA
Posted: 1/17/05 at 3:39pm

My school is also doing Funny Girl

iLiVeOnAvEnUeQ Profile Photo
iLiVeOnAvEnUeQ
#118re: 2005 High School Musicals Across the USA
Posted: 1/17/05 at 4:16pm

Yes about the Seuss one. My school did it last summer and we were the first in the area to do it. This school year, at least 6 high schools in my area are doing Seussical. Its crazy.

I'm a Thespian, wanna watch?

lostwallflower Profile Photo
lostwallflower
#119re: 2005 High School Musicals Across the USA
Posted: 1/17/05 at 4:33pm

Add another one on to the Anything Goes list. I'm stage managing.
Last year we did Evita, and the year before was Kiss Me, Kate, and before that was Guys and Dolls.

Seussical is a great show for high schools. The other HS in our city is doing it and I must admit I'm envious. Tons of great parts for people of different talents. Also, it's very marketable. You can talk to libraries and elementary schools about support/advertising, etc.

Congrats to everyone who's been cast in their shows, and good luck to all those auditioning. Be sure to update about how the shows go!

"I'm a cuber, I'm a cuber, I'm a cuber, I'm a cuber, I'm a cuber, I'm a cuber. Please don't take me to the pickle farm."- Brak

Marcomeatball Profile Photo
Marcomeatball
#120re: 2005 High School Musicals Across the USA
Posted: 1/17/05 at 4:51pm

Broadway version of Beauty and the Beast (I'm the Beast) we were going to do Les Miserables but we had like 8 males come and we needed like thirty..I'm so glad I'm graduating with beauty and the Beast

adamized88 Profile Photo
adamized88
#121re: 2005 High School Musicals Across the USA
Posted: 1/17/05 at 5:45pm

funny thing happened on the way to the forum - i'm a courtesan

"Nothing is an accident, We are free to have it all, We are what we want to be, It's in ourselves to rise or fall!!" - "Fortune Favors the Brave" from Aida - the love that never died

iTaLiAn xOx StAr
#122re: 2005 High School Musicals Across the USA
Posted: 1/17/05 at 6:18pm

My junior high is performing "OZ!" which is going to be awful. The teacher that usually directs the musical has no time to be involved with any aspect of it this year. That leaves us with the stage manager, who's never directed a play before, as our director. The high school is performing "Beauty and the Beast" and a few of my friends are seniors as well as excellent actors, so I'm psyched to see what roles they're casted as.

always, Lexi

saddle shoe side kick
#123re: 2005 High School Musicals Across the USA
Posted: 1/17/05 at 6:19pm

We're doing Merrily We Roll Along this year.

"I'm a pretty girl, mama." -Penny Lou Pingleton, Hairspray
"You like football, Ed?" "Yeah..." "Good. Me too." -Chad & 'Ed', All Shook Up

nychick9876 Profile Photo
nychick9876
#124re: 2005 High School Musicals Across the USA
Posted: 1/17/05 at 7:03pm

i'm so jealous of the schools doin les mis. but at my school we haven't heard yet. our teacher knows but had to check a few things first. it btwn little shop and south pacific i do believe. our teacher wanted to do damn yankees but we don't have enough guys, let alone talented ones. we are currently working on YAGMCB. i'm patty! but to all the high schools-break a leg!!

sometimes i think my head is so big because it is so full of dreams- the elephant man

Videos