pixeltracker

Sara Bareilles in WAITRESS- Page 7

Sara Bareilles in WAITRESS

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#150Sara Bareilles in WAITRESS
Posted: 12/26/17 at 10:02am

Naturally, those two weeks with Bareilles & Mraz have little availability. Hoping for SRO for her first show back(Jan. 16). Also, tickets prices have been jacked up, upwards of $425 for premium seats. No word who's replacing Mraz after Jan. 28?

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

PatrickDennis92
#151Sara Bareilles in WAITRESS
Posted: 12/26/17 at 11:30am

They should do whatever they have to in order to keep these two. I’m sure it won’t happen, but they are so good together, it really elevates the show and could generate serious box office revenue as word continued to get out. I would go so far as to suggest paying them each 10% of the gross would be worth it, even though such a deal is typically reserved for major stars. I don’t think either of them are particularly “rich” by celebrity standards, so that kind of money would make it worth their while too. Again, I’m sure they are too proud or the W’s are too cheap, but they should all get over it and keep them for a long run; I think they could sell at capacity with increasing premiums for a year or more. It’s just turned out to be one of those great and unlikely examples of when it just works. In my opinion.

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#152Sara Bareilles in WAITRESS
Posted: 12/26/17 at 12:02pm

I have to imagine they talked to Mraz to get him to extend past Jan. 28, but he likely has other commitments. Bareilles is only there until Feb. 25, so it'll be interesting to see who they bring in after her, too. Without a name in the show, I don't see it running much longer, so hopefully they can bring someone in during the summer at least.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

ren598
#153Sara Bareilles in WAITRESS
Posted: 12/26/17 at 1:14pm

If they really wanted to maximize their earning potential, they could have Sara start January 10th, the day after Betsy leaves.  That would be an additional 7 shows with both Jason and Sara.

Westender2
#154Sara Bareilles in WAITRESS
Posted: 12/26/17 at 10:03pm

I rushed today and while I don't know mush about Sara, Betsy was a standout star!  In fact, the whole cast was very strong indeed!

KathyNYC2
#155Sara Bareilles in WAITRESS
Posted: 12/26/17 at 11:32pm

PatrickDennis92 said: "They should do whatever they have to in order to keep these two. I’m sure it won’t happen, but they are so good together, it really elevates the show and could generate serious box office revenue as word continued to get out.,...It’s just turned out to be one of those great and unlikely examples of when it just works. In my opinion. "

Who are you talking about? Jason and Sara? They've never been together at Waitress so how could anyone know it would elevate the show? Or am I missing something? Are you taking about someone else? Confused. 

JBroadway Profile Photo
JBroadway
#156Sara Bareilles in WAITRESS
Posted: 12/26/17 at 11:47pm

KathyNYC2 said: "PatrickDennis92 said: "They should do whatever they have to in order to keep these two. I’m sure it won’t happen, but they are so good together, it really elevates the show and could generate serious box office revenue as word continued to get out.,...It’s just turned out to be one of those great and unlikely examples of when it just works. In my opinion. "

Who are you talking about? Jason and Sara? They've never been together at Waitress so how could anyone know it would elevate the show? Or am I missing something? Are you taking about someone else? Confused.
"

I agree that PatrickDennis' use of the present tense is confusing, but still feel like I totally agree with him. Having seen the show 3 times (once with the OBC, again with Sara + Chris Diamantopoulis, and again with Jason + Stephanie Torns) I have yet to see a Jenna/Pomatter pairing that felt really right. Having seen them separately, I have a feeling that Jason and Sara will be a really magical pairing. 

starcatchers Profile Photo
starcatchers
#157Sara Bareilles in WAITRESS
Posted: 12/27/17 at 12:56am

JBroadway said: "

I agree that PatrickDennis' use of the present tense is confusing, but still feel like I totally agree with him. Having seen the show 3 times (once with the OBC, again with Sara + Chris Diamantopoulis, and again with Jason + Stephanie Torns) I have yet to see a Jenna/Pomatter pairing that felt really right. Havingseen them separately, I have a feeling that Jason and Sara will be a really magical pairing.

"

I'm sure they will be wonderful together. I've seen the show several times with different Jenna/Pomatter pairs and I have to say, I think Betsy and Chris D. might have been my favorite. 

the artist formerly known as dancingthrulife04 Check out my Etsy shop: https://www.etsy.com/shop/dreamanddrift And please consider donating to my Ride to Remember, benefitting the Alzheimer's Association: http://act.alz.org/site/TR?fr_id=8200&pg=personal&px=6681234

JBroadway Profile Photo
JBroadway
#158Sara Bareilles in WAITRESS
Posted: 12/27/17 at 1:10am

starcatchers said: ""I'm sure they will be wonderful together. I've seen the show several times with different Jenna/Pomatter pairs and I have to say, I think Betsy and Chris D. might have been my favorite."

Yeah I can see that. I didn't see Betsy, and I also didn't personally care for Chris D. as Pomatter, but I can see how their respective acting styles would go well with each other. Sara and Jason are both pretty understated, while Chris D and Betsy (in other roles I've seen her play) have larger onstage personalities - more outwardly expressive in their acting. 

KathyNYC2
#159Sara Bareilles in WAITRESS
Posted: 12/27/17 at 4:39am

JBroadway said: "starcatchers said: ""I'm sure they will be wonderful together. I've seen the show several times with different Jenna/Pomatter pairs and I have to say, I think Betsy and Chris D. might have been my favorite."

Yeah I can see that. I didn't see Betsy, and I also didn't personally care forChris D. as Pomatter, but I can see how their respective acting styles would go well with each other. Sara and Jason are both pretty understated, while Chris D and Betsy (in other roles I've seen her play) have larger onstage personalities - more outwardly expressive in their acting.

"

I think all the Dr.'s have their own special charm and style, but my personal fav In the role is Drew and I would kill to see him with Sara. He's was fabulous with Betsy and understudy Stephanie and both pairings were magical. I would be curious to see him with Sara too. 

I do not agree that because people have chemistry in other formats they would necessarily have chemistry in a show together. You just never know. Sometimes it works, sometimes not. 

Updated On: 12/27/17 at 04:39 AM

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#160Sara Bareilles in WAITRESS
Posted: 12/27/17 at 2:51pm

Does anyone know who will be replacing Jason? I think it would be silly if they didn’t bring back drew, I think a drew/sara combo would be absolutely beautiful.

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

Steve C. Profile Photo
Steve C.
#161Sara Bareilles in WAITRESS
Posted: 12/27/17 at 5:53pm

They should bring back Chris Diamantopoulos (he, along with Ana Gasteyer were some much needed high points in A Christmas Story Live); and hang on to Sara as long as they can.

Imo, Waitress is going to be that "nice little show" that really deserves a much wider audience; but that audience, just won't jump in the deep end...maybe it sells a lot of bus tours, every little bit helps...Beautiful is another show that thank God is beating the odds and staying alive.

As for Sara B. I think she'll be back to Broadway and stronger next time. Sara's pirate song for "SpongeBob Squarepants" is a total showstopper, wonderfully theatrical. The woman can write music and lyrics! 

I Can Has Cheezburger With This?

PatrickDennis92
#162Sara Bareilles in WAITRESS
Posted: 12/28/17 at 12:52pm

I apologize that I wasn’t clear when I used the present tense about Sara and Jason’s chemistry. I was talking about Sara, to clarify, and I was basing it on a couple of things— I know Jason a tiny bit from mutual close friends, and so I happen to know he thinks the world of Sara as an artist (I believe the feeling is mutual but I can’t speak for her), and they work well with each other, and I know he likes the show (not always the case as we know) and I also know he has enjoyed taking an active part in collaborating musically with her bringing his own style into it, as I’m sure has been noticed with the arrangements etc, and will be even more noticeable when Sara B takes over. Jason has arranged songs from the show for recording and performing outside the context of the show as well. I’m sure he likes Betsy too of course, and they are great together, but it’s different with Sara because she’s the composer and they play differently together, and they respect each other in a different way as musicians outside a theatre context. So there’s that. Secondly, it’s selling well, and I believe it could sell even better. So while I don’t think it’s likely that they will extend in perpetuity as I recommend, I think they could and that it would be well received, and would worth their while financially to consider it.

darquegk Profile Photo
darquegk
#163Sara Bareilles in WAITRESS
Posted: 12/28/17 at 1:39pm

I've said it before and I'll say it again: give me Sara and Ben Folds together as Jenna and Dr. Pomatter.

poisonivy2 Profile Photo
poisonivy2
#164Sara Bareilles in WAITRESS
Posted: 12/28/17 at 4:26pm

Steve C. said: "

As for Sara B. I think she'll be back to Broadway and stronger next time. Sara's pirate song for "SpongeBob Squarepants" is a total showstopper, wonderfully theatrical. The woman can write music and lyrics!

"

I agree about "Poor Pirates" and I was struck by how much growth there was between Waitress and what she wrote for Spongebob. Waitress has a lovely score, but much of it still has traces of the indie soft-rock genre. "Poor Pirates" sounds like classical musical theater, and it's wonderful how she's absorbed both the style and the acting (her Jenna was wonderful -- sassy, funny, everything you'd want a MT heroine to be). 

secretschuylersister Profile Photo
secretschuylersister
#165Sara Bareilles in WAITRESS
Posted: 1/9/18 at 9:01am

Jason has extended until February 11! I wonder who the next Dr. will be

ElphabaGoodman
#166Sara Bareilles in WAITRESS
Posted: 1/9/18 at 9:40am

secretschuylersister said: "Jason has extended until February 11! I wonder who the next Dr. will be"

Drew Gehling will be returning on February 13. 

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#167Sara Bareilles in WAITRESS
Posted: 1/9/18 at 9:42am

secretschuylersister said: "Jason has extended until February 11! I wonder who the next Dr. will be"

I have to imagine Sara did some talking to him to get him to extend and rearrange his schedule a bit. Waitress will now have 4 weeks with the two of them. Should be strong sales for those 4 weeks.

jbird5
#168Sara Bareilles in WAITRESS
Posted: 1/9/18 at 9:51am

ACL2006 said: "secretschuylersister said: "Jason has extended until February 11! I wonder who the next Dr. will be"

I have to imagine Sara did some talking to him to get him to extend and rearrange his schedule a bit. Waitress will now have 4 weeks with the two of them. Should be strong sales for those 4 weeks.
"

There’s still a few front row seats at $229 for those dates.  I just grabbed one.

Fordham2015
#169Sara Bareilles in WAITRESS
Posted: 1/9/18 at 11:31am

ElphabaGoodman said: "secretschuylersister said: "Jason has extended until February 11! I wonder who the next Dr. will be"

"

So I guess Roman Holiday isn't coming to Broadway anytime soon. Waitress is probably a more stable gig for him anyway.

Call_me_jorge
#170Sara Bareilles in WAITRESS
Posted: 1/9/18 at 11:41am

ElphabaGoodman said: "secretschuylersister said: "Jason has extended until February 11! I wonder who the next Dr. will be"

"

I hope they don’t do another dumb “guess who’s coming” series. Really excited to see Drew and Sara finally grace the stage together. Their connection offstage has always seemed exceptional.

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

KathyNYC2
#171Sara Bareilles in WAITRESS
Posted: 1/9/18 at 12:50pm

Call_me_jorge said: "ElphabaGoodman said: "secretschuylersister said: "Jason has extended until February 11! I wonder who the next Dr. will be"

"

I hope they don’t do another dumb“guess who’s coming” series. Really excited to see Drew and Sara finally grace the stage together. Their connection offstage has always seemed exceptional.
"

Yes I also look forward to Drew and Sara if only for two weeks. Wish it was more  

But I think the "guess who's coming next" series is kinda fun and I think it hypes the anticipation for the coming weeks. And I'll assume they will do it again when Sara leaves. 

ren598
#172Sara Bareilles in WAITRESS
Posted: 1/16/18 at 4:59pm

Anyone going to tonight's first Waitress performance with both Sara Bareilles and Jason Mraz?  I'm curious to know how good their chemistry is on stage.  Also, did they change the playbill and/or are there Sara/Jason specific merchandises (posters, magnets, etc.) available for the 4 weeks the two will be performing together.

Call_me_jorge
#173Sara Bareilles in WAITRESS
Posted: 1/16/18 at 7:08pm

The “new” earl is Sara’s boyfriend! Would love to hear how he is! I saw him over the summer with betsy, but I’m sure it will be special with him and sara in those roles.

Bwayfan292 Profile Photo
Bwayfan292
#174Sara Bareilles in WAITRESS
Posted: 1/16/18 at 7:13pm

Call_me_jorge said: 

I hope they don’t do another dumb“guess who’s coming” series. Really excited to see Drew and Sara finally grace the stage together. Their connection offstage has always seemed exceptional."

I think the next guess who’s coming series, will be a closing notice. I think Sara came back and she will close the show.

"Why was my post about my post being deleted, deleted, causing my account to be banned from posting" - The Lion Roars 2k18

Videos