GeorgeandDot Profile Photo
GeorgeandDot
#150Betsy Wolfe departs CAROUSEL
Posted: 9/19/17 at 3:40pm

Is Ruthie Ann Miles busy?

DPE123
#151Betsy Wolfe departs CAROUSEL
Posted: 9/19/17 at 3:42pm

dianamorales said: "For the record, Carousel is starting rehearsals in October.

Add me to the list of those completely gutted about this. The only way I could feel better about it is if she's Elsa, but I'm definitely investigating her "secret announcement" in LA she mentioned a few days ago. And I think if it was pregnancy, she would have called out of some shows recently. Has she?
"

The LA "secret mission" last week was at the request of the Waitress producers she said on twitter. Gave slight impression she'd rather have been in NYC doing the show but the tweet later disappeared! (Wondered if they were looking for an excuse to try out Stephanie Torns for a couple of days.) So don't think that has anything to do with it. No she hasn't missed any other shows to date.

Surely they can't have got this far with Carousel without sorting out her availability for these rehearsal/workshops - awful for her if so. I just wonder if it's turned out to be more/sooner than originally expected and she's not prepared to leave Waitress in the lurch so feels it would be too much. There must be a limit to what you can physically take on whilst doing 8 shows in a pretty demanding lead role. As mentioned before she's very much invested in Waitress, and seems pretty tight with Sara B, so if they're struggling to replace her...??

Don't buy any of these other theories of her suddenly landing something huge - I could see her not being able to resist the Chazelle Netflix thing, but then if that starts filming soon then back to square one, she has no exit date from waitress?!

Or there's the other possibility... so maybe we're just gonna have to wait and see on this one.

I've spent far too much time thinking about this today! Just desperately hoping this is something good for her, she's such a wonderful performer and clearly puts her heart and soul into whatever she does, she really deserves the best.

Updated On: 9/22/17 at 03:42 PM

CT2NYC Profile Photo
CT2NYC
#152Betsy Wolfe departs CAROUSEL
Posted: 9/19/17 at 3:51pm

KnewItWhenIWasInFron said: "ClumsyDude15 said: "RippedMan said: "Is she guesting on "Modern Family?""

No, but you have to watch it and see.
"

Any way to summarize instead of all these hints? I'm not on Instagram, so I don't seem to be able to access Instagram Stories.
"

Jesse Tyler Ferguson has been doing dramatic readings of posts from this thread. They're brilliant.

starcatchers Profile Photo
starcatchers
#153Betsy Wolfe departs CAROUSEL
Posted: 9/19/17 at 3:58pm

PurpleSummerHathaway said: "
Maybe she doesn't want to make a "stay tuned" announcement? Especially if she is pregnant?"

I really doubt she's pregnant.

"

My point being, maybe she doesn't want to (or feel a need to) make an announcement  

the artist formerly known as dancingthrulife04 Check out my Etsy shop: https://www.etsy.com/shop/dreamanddrift And please consider donating to my Ride to Remember, benefitting the Alzheimer's Association: http://act.alz.org/site/TR?fr_id=8200&pg=personal&px=6681234

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#154Betsy Wolfe departs CAROUSEL
Posted: 9/19/17 at 4:01pm

Ruthie Ann Miles would be spectacular! 

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

broadwayboy223
#155Betsy Wolfe departs CAROUSEL
Posted: 9/19/17 at 4:06pm

"Elsa and Eliza are both cast" okay while this is most likely true people can be replaced as fast as they get cast. It's seen time and again in show business. Wasn't the original Sarah in the Guys and Dolls revival (1992) fired after the first preview or something? Just saying

Mister Matt Profile Photo
Mister Matt
#156Betsy Wolfe departs CAROUSEL
Posted: 9/19/17 at 4:07pm

Holy cow, this thread is like the Olympic gold of conclusion jumping.  So much drama and hysterics over this semi-announcement.  I'm glad people like her, but also sort of concerned for her welfare, given the reaction and speculation this has caused.  Will there be a candlelight vigil?  Is she pregnant?  Is she not pregnant?  If so, was it an accident?  Would she tell us if it was?  Who is the father?  Does she even know?  Can I get a refund if the child is illegitimate?  Or from an anonymous sperm donor?  Is it any of our f*****g business?  Will she be Eliza Dolittle?  Will she be Eliza Schuyler?  Will she be Elphaba?  Will she be Elsa?  Will she be Dolly?  Will she be Ti Moune?  Do we blame her or her agent?  Or blame the babydaddy?  Or blame her daddy?  Or blame Jesse Tyler Ferguson?  Should we just chill the f*** out until we're officially told?

"What can you expect from a bunch of seitan worshippers?" - Reginald Tresilian

CurtainPullDowner Profile Photo
CurtainPullDowner
#157Betsy Wolfe departs CAROUSEL
Posted: 9/19/17 at 4:11pm

How do you get to see the Jesse Tyler Instagram Story?

Mildred Plotka Profile Photo
Mildred Plotka
#158Betsy Wolfe departs CAROUSEL

Jessetenny said: "I've personally been trying to process this since before bed last night and there are so many options.

1) Producers of Waitress can't find a star and NEED her to stay on and offered a huge pay increase. (Bad choice)

2) She is Pregnant (understandable)

3) She is our Eliza Doolittle (potentially great choice)

4) She's going back to Frozen (horrible choice)

5) She has a massive Film or TV role coming up (potentially great choice)
"

You can now say you have had your work performed by an Emmy nominated star! 

I expect dramatics from BWW, but is her leaving Carousel really upsetting some of you so much that you can't process it and can't go about your life? 

"Broadway...I'll lick you yet!"

CindersGolightly Profile Photo
CindersGolightly
#159Betsy Wolfe departs CAROUSEL

Guys! I have LIVE FOOTAGE of Betsy Wolfe deciding to leave both "Frozen" and the "Carousel" revival!!!

Betsy Wolfe departs CAROUSEL

They/them. "Get up the nerve to be all you deserve to be."

Mildred Plotka
#160Betsy Wolfe departs CAROUSEL
Posted: 9/19/17 at 4:13pm

CurtainPullDowner said: "How do you get to see the Jesse Tyler Instagram Story?"

Go to his instagram and click on his picture. The video should open right up  

Updated On: 9/19/17 at 04:13 PM

DottieD'Luscia Profile Photo
DottieD'Luscia
#161Betsy Wolfe departs CAROUSEL
Posted: 9/19/17 at 4:14pm

I expect dramatics from BWW, but is her leaving Carousel really upsetting some of you so much that you can't process it and can't go about your life?"

In a word, yes.  I called out from work today after reading the news last night.

Hey Dottie! Did your colleagues enjoy the cake even though your cat decided to sit on it? ~GuyfromGermany

Mildred Plotka
#162Betsy Wolfe departs CAROUSEL
Posted: 9/19/17 at 4:14pm

Sorry for your loss, Dottie. Betsy Wolfe departs CAROUSEL 

MCfan2 Profile Photo
MCfan2
#163Betsy Wolfe departs CAROUSEL
Posted: 9/19/17 at 4:15pm

Yeah, look at us discussing Broadway news and thoughts on a Broadway board. Silly us. Betsy Wolfe departs CAROUSEL 

Mildred Plotka
#164Betsy Wolfe departs CAROUSEL
Posted: 9/19/17 at 4:19pm

MCfan2 said: "Yeah, look at us discussing Broadway news and thoughts on a Broadway board. Silly us. Betsy Wolfe departs CAROUSEL"

To the point of being emotionally upset and unable to process? Over someone leaving a show? I think Betsy is probably handling this better than some of the people on here. 

MCfan2 Profile Photo
MCfan2
#165Betsy Wolfe departs CAROUSEL
Posted: 9/19/17 at 4:27pm

I haven't seen anyone go into full-blown meltdown over it, but maybe I just wasn't looking hard enough. Betsy Wolfe departs CAROUSEL People are surprised, interested, upset, and/or curious. It's natural enough. If something unexpected happens in any field a person is interested in -- be it theater, movies, sports, the space program, or what have you -- the person tends to feel things about it.

Mildred Plotka
#166Betsy Wolfe departs CAROUSEL
Posted: 9/19/17 at 4:33pm

"I'm hyperventilating", "Now I'm full on sobbing, "I can't process this" are just a few of the dramatic nuggets from this thread. 

MCfan2 Profile Photo
MCfan2
#167Betsy Wolfe departs CAROUSEL
Posted: 9/19/17 at 4:44pm

I took that to be hyperbole. Maybe I was wrong. But I have a hard time picturing anyone literally hyperventilating over this.

CindersGolightly Profile Photo
CindersGolightly
#168Betsy Wolfe departs CAROUSEL
Posted: 9/19/17 at 4:56pm

To be fair, I, personally, am having a full-blown meltdown over this. I'm just, like, really good at hiding it.

They/them. "Get up the nerve to be all you deserve to be."

Emma White Profile Photo
Emma White
#169Betsy Wolfe departs CAROUSEL
Posted: 9/19/17 at 4:57pm

MCfan2 said: "I took that to be hyperbole. Maybe I was wrong. But I have a hard time picturing anyoneliterallyhyperventilating over this."

My thoughts exactly. I, for one, tweeted this morning that I was e-mailing my boss that I couldn't come to work due to my devastation. I can promise you I was joking. 

Yes, I was very excited about seeing Betsy in the part, am sad that she has had to leave, and am curious as to why. But no, I won't shed any real tears or lose sleep over it. But it's fun to care about things, no?

"Nice is different than good."

PurpleSummerHathaway Profile Photo
PurpleSummerHathaway
#170Betsy Wolfe departs CAROUSEL
Posted: 9/19/17 at 5:04pm

HOLY SH*T HE READ MY POST IM GOING TO GO DIE NOW THANKS BYE

CorkySt.Clair Profile Photo
CorkySt.Clair
#171Betsy Wolfe departs CAROUSEL
Posted: 9/19/17 at 5:05pm

Congrats! (Does anyone have a link for those without accounts..? Can that be done?)

PurpleSummerHathaway
#172Betsy Wolfe departs CAROUSEL
Posted: 9/19/17 at 5:07pm

CorkySt.Clair said: "Congrats! (Does anyone have a link for those without accounts..? Can that be done?)"

I kind of feel like congrats is hardly in order it was kind of a super over dramatic PMS'y post lol 

UncleCharlie
#173Betsy Wolfe departs CAROUSEL
Posted: 9/19/17 at 5:08pm

I've heard other reasons for her dropping out:

She's been cast as a Bond girl in the next James Bond film and will be spending the next 15 months rehearsing her big line "Why are you in my bedroom, Mr. Bond?"

She will be representing the US in the next Winter Olympics in Ice Dancing's new companion sport, "Ice Singing".

Not widely known but as a struggling actress to make ends meet, she used to do hits for the Gambino crime family. She was caught and pled out to get 10 years parole. She violated it and now has to serve her sentence starting in January.

I've heard others but these seem to be the most plausible.

PurpleSummerHathaway
#174Betsy Wolfe departs CAROUSEL
Posted: 9/19/17 at 5:08pm

Does anyone know how to save insta stories? I need evidence for this--its a fabulous party story...

Videos