News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

Official JCM as Hedwig (2015 Edition) Thread- Page 8

Official JCM as Hedwig (2015 Edition) Thread

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#175Official JCM as Hedwig (2015 Edition) Thread
Posted: 1/28/15 at 11:55pm

"How likely do we think it is that JCM extends?
I can't see them closing in March"

In the NYTimes, they said JCM will extend or they'll have a new Hedwig... either of those options (as well as closing) would have to be announced pretty soon.

TotallyEffed Profile Photo
TotallyEffed
#176Official JCM as Hedwig (2015 Edition) Thread
Posted: 1/29/15 at 12:15am

If they do replace John, it's going to be difficult to return. I really wish he would extend and close the show. Or come back to close it at a later date. I also really have my fingers crossed that they will film the show for HBO or something!

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#177Official JCM as Hedwig (2015 Edition) Thread
Posted: 1/29/15 at 12:18am

If they were going to film, they sadly would have done it with NPH, not JCM... ;-(

It does seem incomprehensible for them to add another Hedwig after him, unless NPH does come to finish the run, too. Which would still mean JCM would end the run for me. Official JCM as Hedwig (2015 Edition) Thread

Updated On: 1/29/15 at 12:18 AM

TotallyEffed Profile Photo
TotallyEffed
#178Official JCM as Hedwig (2015 Edition) Thread
Posted: 1/29/15 at 12:34am

Tonight John mentioned Tommy wearing two different lenses, one pink, one blue. Am I crazy? I've never heard anything like that before, maybe I misheard. Anyone?

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#179Official JCM as Hedwig (2015 Edition) Thread
Posted: 1/29/15 at 12:35am

He said that the night I went, the first show he did for us paying civilians... Official JCM as Hedwig (2015 Edition) Thread

SDV Profile Photo
SDV
#180Official JCM as Hedwig (2015 Edition) Thread
Posted: 1/29/15 at 12:48am

Same here - the pink/blue contacts line has been in all of the three shows I've seen with JCM so far.

To follow up on the earlier ad libbing thing, he is still doing his share of that outside of what's been discussed here. The things I mentioned (and that I've seen other mention here) have been happening every night, so he has changed the book. No one's mentioned the new little Grow It Out, Cut It Off, Have Another Kid song, which is ****ing hilarious...

My favorite ad lib moment so far was one night when he was over his false eyelashes about halfway through the show. He peeled one off, wore it as a Hitler moustache and did the Seig Heil "It all comes back to that, doesn't it..."

He started to wonder aloud what false eyelashes were made of, but quickly stopped himself. "That way lies madness."

He's just firing on all cylinders.

Updated On: 1/29/15 at 12:48 AM

JPeterman Profile Photo
JPeterman
#181Official JCM as Hedwig (2015 Edition) Thread
Posted: 1/29/15 at 2:40am

Being fortunate enough to see all of the Hedwigs, what JCM has shown me is the importance of a sense of humor in this role .... in addition to his talents as an actor, writer, singer .... JCM is a true comedian.

His ad libs are as funny as the lines he sat down and thought about and crafted as part of the show. He is a really funny guy, that is one of the things that makes his "version" of Hedwig so wonderful for me and sets it apart from the others.

As several people have said, he may have more liberty to ad lib than the other actors, but regardless, it is obvious that he is a really funny guy. It would be a blast to be his friend and just hang out with him and laugh at all of his goofy comments.

Jamie Pierce Profile Photo
Jamie Pierce
#182Official JCM as Hedwig (2015 Edition) Thread
Posted: 1/29/15 at 9:12am

For those who have been more recently, have the songs been restored to their original key or are they still lowered to accommodate JCM's illness? Don't get me wrong, he was still incredible! I just remember being surprised that first night to hear the very familiar songs in a lower key.

Jane2 Profile Photo
Jane2
#183Official JCM as Hedwig (2015 Edition) Thread
Posted: 1/29/15 at 10:01am

As far as the lenses line goes, it's always been in there, from the Jane.

My favorite new ad-lib, or should I say, permanent line? is the one about the mic cord being "fifty percent of the show." LOL!

Also, I didn't know JCM was ill. The songs all sound the same to me as they always have. hmmm?

<-----I'M TOTES ROLLING MY EYES

perfectlymarvelous Profile Photo
perfectlymarvelous
#184Official JCM as Hedwig (2015 Edition) Thread
Posted: 1/29/15 at 10:28am

On his first night at least, "Wicked Little Town" was lowered, along with (I believe) "Wig In A Box." It wasn't by much so I don't know how noticeable it would be if you don't have a music background but I definitely heard it.

SDV Profile Photo
SDV
#185Official JCM as Hedwig (2015 Edition) Thread
Posted: 1/29/15 at 10:49am

Oh, Tommy's Wicked Little Town was significantly lowered on Jan 21. You can hear it on the recordings from that night that are floating around. Have seen it twice since then and I think it's gone back up but there definitely some notes throughout the show that I dont hear him reaching for. Some of them aren't even particularly high (he'll even hit them easily elsewhere in the show on the same night) so I've wondered if it was a choice.

Jane2 Profile Photo
Jane2
#186Official JCM as Hedwig (2015 Edition) Thread
Posted: 1/29/15 at 10:53am

I'll take all your words for it, but the show sounded the same to me. Perhaps they lowered some notes because JCM is now 51 and his voice changed a bit. I don't care, anyway!

SDV Profile Photo
SDV
#187Official JCM as Hedwig (2015 Edition) Thread
Posted: 1/29/15 at 11:11am

Believe me, I'm not complaining! The only thing wrong with his performance is that its only happening for 8 weeks.

pdjennings Profile Photo
pdjennings
#188Official JCM as Hedwig (2015 Edition) Thread
Posted: 1/29/15 at 10:40pm

Sorry to ask again, but since more shows have passed ... is JCM still not signing anything? I've got signed posters of the previous three ... and it'll be the OCD-death of me if I can't get one from him, too. :-/

wonderfulwizard11 Profile Photo
wonderfulwizard11
#189Official JCM as Hedwig (2015 Edition) Thread
Posted: 1/29/15 at 10:43pm

I haven't been, so I can't say for recent shows, but on Twitter people are saying that he comes outside and distributes signed Sugar Daddy candy to the crowd.

I am a firm believer in serendipity- all the random pieces coming together in one wonderful moment, when suddenly you see what their purpose was all along.

MX888 Profile Photo
MX888
#190Official JCM as Hedwig (2015 Edition) Thread
Posted: 1/29/15 at 11:48pm

@pdjennings - yes, he does not sign or take selfies but you can take pics OF him as he's greeting the crowd. He will give hugs if asked; he's been giving out limited supply of signed sugar daddy candies.

Broadway Bob* Profile Photo
Broadway Bob*
#191Official JCM as Hedwig (2015 Edition) Thread
Posted: 1/30/15 at 10:18am

Getting more and more excited! Have had my Feb. 14th @ 10pm ticket since Christmas. Sitting BB101 and can't wait! Reading this thread has made me so excited that I finally broke down and (instead of buying a ticket for Disgraced or Constellations) bought a ticket for the 7pm performance as well. I figured I would get my crying hysterics out of the way the first performance and can lose my self more in the second one.

<-- Tevye, FIDDLER ON THE ROOF, March 2018

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#192Official JCM as Hedwig (2015 Edition) Thread
Posted: 1/30/15 at 11:16am

^^^ A decision you will not regret in the least.

SDV Profile Photo
SDV
#193Official JCM as Hedwig (2015 Edition) Thread
Posted: 1/30/15 at 12:33pm

In the latest installment of JCM and Lena continue to kill me, last night we were lucky enough to get third row seats from TKTS for $75 bucks each. I was right in front of Lena’s seat and really got to see their interaction up close. As many have noticed, there is significantly more intimacy between the characters since JCM came in. There was one moment last night when Yitzhak went over to Hedwig to give her water after a song (Origin of Love, I believe) and they briefly held hands, and as Yitzhak walked back to his chair, their hands stayed connected until they slipped apart at the fingertips. It was such a small moment, but so coupley and intimate, and one I honestly can’t imagine happening with any of the prior Hedwigs.

Obviously, Hedwig continues to be cruely abusive to Yitzhak throughout the show, but moments like this add such dimension to it. Everything that happens at the end is made just that much more impactful.

Updated On: 1/30/15 at 12:33 PM

Wee Thomas2 Profile Photo
Wee Thomas2
#194Official JCM as Hedwig (2015 Edition) Thread
Posted: 1/30/15 at 4:44pm

"Whizzer--my favorite of JCM's ad libs was the Michael C. Hall reference when he rubbed his face on the stage floor."

Same ad lib on the Friday 10PM show.

Diva_Dom Profile Photo
Diva_Dom
#195Official JCM as Hedwig (2015 Edition) Thread
Posted: 1/30/15 at 5:29pm

Does anyone know how crowded the lotto has been? Looking to go back soon and I'd love to try for the lottery then spend another $50 to see it. Also where are lotto seats located? Thank you!

rlb237
#196Official JCM as Hedwig (2015 Edition) Thread
Posted: 1/30/15 at 5:41pm

I saw it 1/24 for the early show, and I was floored. I mean, I expected nothing less than amazing from JCM, but he and the show were all that and then some. Not to be hyperbolic, but I really thought I might cry from elation. I promptly bought tickets for the near-end of his run, for the sole 3/13 show. I'm hoping to meet him afterwards....fingers crossed! (Have met Lena twice, she is a darling!)

And SDV, the same false eyelash, Hitler-stache ad-lib occurred during my show too. Hilarious, though I'm not sure it would qualify as an ad-lib. Seems like something that he's regularly doing.

Thanks to others for the info about him not signing bills or taking selfies. That will temper expectations for when we return in March. But maybe he'll feel more generous on his second to last night. Fingers crossed! I'll be happy just to see him a little closer and maybe snag some Sugar Daddy candy, haha.

Updated On: 2/1/15 at 05:41 PM

Jane2 Profile Photo
Jane2
#197Official JCM as Hedwig (2015 Edition) Thread
Posted: 1/30/15 at 6:09pm

"Not to be hyperbolic, but I really thought I might cry from elation. "

I actually did, and my friends came close, from the elation!

Testing1232 Profile Photo
Testing1232
#198Official JCM as Hedwig (2015 Edition) Thread
Posted: 1/30/15 at 8:45pm

He is still so amazing !! Saw show last night--- his vocals sound so rich now! My fave ad-lib was after he licked the floor--- (don't want to give it away)

Testing1232 Profile Photo
Testing1232
#199Official JCM as Hedwig (2015 Edition) Thread
Posted: 1/30/15 at 8:47pm

Ok --- so I don't have to worry about giving away the Michael c hall reference anymore... Lol

My fave line as well !

Videos