pixeltracker

Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread- Page 82

Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread

BOM  Profile Photo
BOM
#2025Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 6/28/18 at 8:59pm

I just snagged tickets in row f seat 7 of the orchestra and was wondering if I’ll miss any of the effects. I’ve seen the show twice now from the dress circle and am referring to a certain effect that happens a few times throughout the show.

hermionejuliet Profile Photo
hermionejuliet
#2026Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 6/28/18 at 9:33pm

The Lyric has a really great balcony. And yes it is high but in relation to other balconies I've sat in, it is much closer to the stage. The effects are so magical from there as well. :)

Orch Row F is a great seat, and you'll definitely be able to see the effect that happens multiple times throughout the show in those seats- as long as we are talking about the same one!

So, that was the Drowsy Chaperone. Oh, I love it so much. I know it's not a perfect show...but it does what a musical is supposed to do. It takes you to another world, and it gives you a little tune to carry with you in your head for when you're feeling blue. Ya know?

Fosse76
#2027Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 6/29/18 at 12:08am

hermionejuliet said: "The Lyric has a really great balcony. And yes it is high but in relation to other balconies I've sat in, it is much closer to the stage."

Not on Broadway.  It's pretty far from the stage.  None of the Broadway theaters with balconies are as far away. 

**EDIT

The Palace may be farther, at least vertically.  But not horizontally.

Updated On: 6/29/18 at 12:08 AM

hermionejuliet
#2028Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 6/29/18 at 7:14am

Fosse76 said: "hermionejuliet said: "The Lyric has a really great balcony. And yes it is high but in relation to other balconies I've sat in, it is much closer to the stage."

Not on Broadway. It's pretty farfrom the stage. None of the Broadway theaters with balconies are as faraway.

**EDIT

The Palace may be farther, at least vertically. But not horizontally.

"

I don't know about the technical standpoints of the theatre, but in my opinion the view from the Lyric balcony since  is heads and tails better than many balconies and even the back of some mezzanines. It could be that I just enjoy a further view of this particular show, but I would happily take a balcony seat in the Lyric over the Studio 54 or AA theatre mezz, the Shubert, Palace, or the Hudson balcony. I also like that isn't intensely steep like some theatres are, but it is still plenty stair stepped to provide a good view. And there is good aisle space, unlike theatres without center aisles. 

Again, just my perception of seating and NOT technical measurements. :) 

So, that was the Drowsy Chaperone. Oh, I love it so much. I know it's not a perfect show...but it does what a musical is supposed to do. It takes you to another world, and it gives you a little tune to carry with you in your head for when you're feeling blue. Ya know?

oswino
#2029Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 6/29/18 at 8:42am

I have a quick question for those of you who have already seen the show. I'm looking at two dates, both similar seats, one is a Wednesday and the other a Thursday and Friday. In your opinion, is there any advantage in the experience in seeing them both on the same day, as opposed to seperate days? I'll be in a hotel nearby so travel isn't a factor, so just wondering for anyone who has seen it what they would prefer.

CT2NYC Profile Photo
CT2NYC
#2030Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 6/29/18 at 8:51am

hermionejuliet said: "Fosse76 said: "hermionejuliet said: "The Lyric has a really great balcony. And yes it is high but in relation to other balconies I've sat in, it is much closer to the stage."

Not on Broadway. It's pretty farfrom the stage. None of the Broadway theaters with balconies are as faraway.

**EDIT

The Palace may be farther, at least vertically. But not horizontally.

"

I don't know about the technical standpoints of the theatre, but in my opinion the view from the Lyric balcony since is heads and tails better than many balconies and even the back of some mezzanines. It could be that I just enjoy a further view of this particular show, but I would happily take a balcony seat in the Lyric over the Studio 54 orAA theatre mezz, the Shubert, Palace, or the Hudson balcony. I also like that isn't intensely steep like some theatres are, but it is still plenty stair stepped to provide a good view. And there is good aisle space, unlike theatres without center aisles.

Again, just my perception of seating and NOT technical measurements. :)
"

The Lyric balcony's distance from the stage is what makes it better than those at other theatres, in my opinion. If the balcony is too close to the stage, the sightlines suffer, so that you have to look down and lean forward to see it well. Other than the annoying railing in the side balcony sections at the Lyric, it's a much more comfortable experience, since you're able to look straight ahead to see the stage.

Lauren2
#2031Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 6/29/18 at 9:54am

I don’t get the ticket release I got a 189 dollar ticket in Row J Seat 20 on July 15. Then I look on the 11th and they are selling 225 dollar ticket in Row A Seat 3 on the 11th? How does that make sense? Why didn’t they put that in before I would have paid for that!

Wick3 Profile Photo
Wick3
#2032Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 6/29/18 at 11:31am

oswino said: "I have a quick question for those of you who have already seen the show. I'm looking at two dates, both similar seats, one is a Wednesday and the other a Thursday and Friday. In your opinion, is there any advantage in the experience inseeing them both on the same day, as opposed to seperate days?I'll be in a hotel nearby so travel isn't a factor, so just wondering for anyone who has seen it what they would prefer."

I've seen the Broadway production both on a 2-show day (Saturday) and separate days (Friday/Saturday -- first preview) and I slightly prefer to see the show on separate days. I know my friends who live in the NYC suburbs prefer to see it all in one day for commuting reasons.

The likelihood of getting the same cast for both parts is higher if you see both parts on the same day. For me, I loved the HP experience so much that it was great to wake up the next day knowing I'll be seeing part 2 of HP after work. I know it sounds silly but it makes a difference on my day.  

dumphim
#2033Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 6/29/18 at 11:38am

oswino said: "I have a quick question for those of you who have already seen the show. I'm looking at two dates, both similar seats, one is a Wednesday and the other a Thursday and Friday. In your opinion, is there any advantage in the experience inseeing them both on the same day, as opposed to seperate days?I'll be in a hotel nearby so travel isn't a factor, so just wondering for anyone who has seen it what they would prefer."

The first time I saw it I did the double-header and I was so excited because I only had to wait a couple of hours to see what happened next. When I saw it on a Thursday/Friday it was like drawing out the experience - when I left on Thursday I knew I'd be able to come back the next day and experience the magic again. I think it's up to personal preference tbh

willep
#2034Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 6/29/18 at 11:40am

Wick3 said: "oswino said: "I have a quick question for those of you who have already seen the show. I'm looking at two dates, both similar seats, one is a Wednesday and the other a Thursday and Friday. In your opinion, is there any advantage in the experience inseeing them both on the same day, as opposed to seperate days?I'll be in a hotel nearby so travel isn't a factor, so just wondering for anyone who has seen it what they would prefer."

I've seen the Broadway production both on a 2-show day (Saturday) and separate days (Friday/Saturday -- first preview) and I slightly prefer to see the show on separate days. I know my friends who live in the NYC suburbs prefer to see it all in one day for commuting reasons.

The likelihood of getting the same cast for both parts is higher if you see both parts on the same day. For me, I loved the HP experience so much that it was great to wake up the next day knowing I'll be seeing part 2 of HP after work. I know it sounds silly but it makes a difference on my day.
"

Agreed with this. I have seen it both ways and while, of course, it is still a lot of fun in one day, I really liked having that day to enjoy the high from seeing Part 1 and anticipating Part 2.

Fosse76
#2035Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 6/29/18 at 11:55am

willep said: "Agreed with this. I have seen it both ways and while, of course, it is still a lot of fun in one day, I really liked having that day to enjoy the high from seeing Part 1 and anticipating Part 2."

I'm the opposite. I feel like the entire experience is more fulfilling in one day. The anticipation for the conclusion makes me crazy!

hermionejuliet
#2036Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 6/29/18 at 9:25pm

It is definitely personal preference. Some people don't want to do a matinee especially if they are from out of town and sightseeing. It can be a bit of a long day to see both parts, but it is also great to see the piece as a whole. I think it really depends on what your plans are for when you are in town and if you are used to and/or would enjoy a two show day. There are pros and cons to both experiences. I saw it all in one day the first time, and I definitely would have been driven crazy if I had to wait an entire day to see the rest of the show! 

starcatchers Profile Photo
starcatchers
#2037Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 6/29/18 at 10:55pm

Fosse76 said: "willep said: "Agreed with this. I have seen it both ways and while, of course, it is still a lot of fun in one day, I really liked having that day to enjoy the high from seeing Part 1 and anticipating Part 2."

I'm the opposite. I feel like the entire experience is more fulfilling in one day. The anticipation for the conclusion makes me crazy!

"

This was me. I could barely contain myself for the couple hours between the two shows. 

the artist formerly known as dancingthrulife04 Check out my Etsy shop: https://www.etsy.com/shop/dreamanddrift And please consider donating to my Ride to Remember, benefitting the Alzheimer's Association: http://act.alz.org/site/TR?fr_id=8200&pg=personal&px=6681234

TorontoBroadwayFan
#2038Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 6/29/18 at 11:01pm

starcatchers said: "Fosse76 said: "willep said: "Agreed with this. I have seen it both ways and while, of course, it is still a lot of fun in one day, I really liked having that day to enjoy the high from seeing Part 1 and anticipating Part 2."

"
Ditto! I also recommend the one day experience. Just a glorious experience!  
This was me. I could barely contain myself for the couple hours between the two shows.
"

TorontoBroadwayFan
#2039Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 6/29/18 at 11:02pm

I just returned a pair of $40 per part tickets for Sunday July 29. Balcony Row D. Hope someone on here is checking at this hour and gets them! 

Relevance81491
#2040Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 6/29/18 at 11:12pm

how long does it take for them show up?

TorontoBroadwayFan
#2041Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 6/29/18 at 11:17pm

I just officially returned them a few minutes ago so keep checking. They are Balcony row D seats 22-24. Good luck!

mikey2573
#2042Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 6/30/18 at 2:49am

What should I do if I want to exchange tickets ?  I bought two tickets for Labor Day weekend for myself and my son in row U for about $150 each (x2 shows of course).  Now my other son wants to go.  I would like to see if I can buy 3 seats together, preferably for at the same price point and maybe closer than row U which I hear the overhang of the Dress Circle obstructs some effects.  Should I call the box office?  How are they about exchanging tickets? 

phinasamaj
#2043Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 6/30/18 at 7:42pm

Did Harry Potter deserve the tony?

(Insert Clever Name) Profile Photo
(Insert Clever Name)
#2044Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 6/30/18 at 9:55pm

Which one? If all of them, YES! It’s more than a commercial show and they did a good job with it.

KatieQuick
#2045Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 6/30/18 at 11:02pm

hello! you guys have been so helpful in the past so figured I would put out feelers here in case anyone catches anything. I’m looking for 2 tickets for the weekend of July 20th, if anyone sees anything or is returning tickets please shoot me a message!

azleafcat
#2046Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 7/1/18 at 8:28pm

mikey2573 said: "What should I do if I want to exchange tickets ? I bought two tickets for Labor Day weekend for myself and my son in row U for about $150 each (x2 shows of course). Now my other son wants to go. I would like to see if I can buy 3 seats together, preferably for at the same price point and maybe closer than row U which I hear the overhang of the Dress Circle obstructs some effects. Should I call the box office? How are they about exchanging tickets?"

If you bought your tickets before May, exchanging or getting a refund may be possible.  If you bought your tickets after May (like me), you can’t get a refund or exchange them.

HeatherAV
#2047Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 7/2/18 at 6:24pm

There are some nice Orchestra seats (mostly Row R, 20 and up) available this Saturday at $165 per ticket.  These are normally $225 and good seats at this price.

AmeliaBedelia
#2048Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 7/2/18 at 10:39pm

Hi, everyone! I'm trying to decide between 3 different seat locations. Has anybody sat in or near any of these seats and if so do you have any pros and cons for each?

Balcony Row D, Seat 24 (all the way to the side): I've read that this seat has a railing obstructing the view, especially for shorter audience members. How bad is this obstruction? I'm 5'3" so I'm assuming the railing will really obstruct my view.

Orchestra Y, Seat 37 (also all the way off to the side): This one seemed great until I saw on A View From My Seat that there appears to be a large support column in row X of the orchestra.around seat 3. Does anyone know if this would block my view? I think maybe being just one row behind and all the way on the other side of the row, it might just be in my peripheral vision but I really am worried I'll be looking at a column the whole time. Are there any other disadvantages to sitting in this area?

Balcony H, seat 17  (4th seat in from the side): The photos I've seen from this area look much better than I thought they would since this is about as far away from the stage as anyone can sit. Right now, this is still my last choice though. Only keeping it in mind in case the other two seats really are truly awful.

Any opinions on which of these seats would be best?

Updated On: 7/2/18 at 10:39 PM

PalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
#2049Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 7/2/18 at 10:44pm

PalJoey said: "PalJoey said: "Orchestra Row T, seats 5, 7, 9, and 11 available. Thursday July 12 and Friday the 13th! PM me."

One gone. Three left.
"

All gone! Thanks and congrats to the lucky buyers!

Videos