pixeltracker

Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread- Page 87

Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread

Notreallysilent 2
#2150Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 8/10/18 at 1:01am

I’ve done stubhub for HP twice now. One time I did the pickup, the other was the mobile tickets. Both times they worked perfectly. You should have no issues with stubhub!

Tito3
#2151Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 8/10/18 at 7:13am

Guys, I’m visiting NYC late this year and there are some $125 (both parts) for my dates on Stubhub right now. Balcony Left, Row C. Should I bite those tickets or should I wait and see if I can get better seats for this low?

david67
#2152Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 8/10/18 at 8:20am

Notreallysilent 2 said: "I’ve done stubhub for HP twice now. One time I did the pickup, the other was the mobile tickets. Both times they worked perfectly. You should have no issues with stubhub!"

Thank you both so much!

CT2NYC Profile Photo
CT2NYC
#2153Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 8/10/18 at 8:41am

Tito3 said: "Guys, I’m visiting NYC late this year and there are some $125 (both parts) for my dates on Stubhub right now. Balcony Left, Row C. Should I bite those tickets or should I wait and see if I can get better seats for this low?"

That's not a bad price, as long as you know that there's a obstructive railing in front of the side sections of balcony row C. You'll need to use a booster seat in order to see over it, but, if you can live with that, it's not the worst deal I've seen. If you find something better before then, I don't think you'd have a problem reselling the row C seats on StubHub for the same price you paid.

hermionejuliet Profile Photo
hermionejuliet
#2154Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 8/10/18 at 8:54am

Just a little perspective - if they are obstructed side Balcony seats in row C, those have in the past retailed for $20 each ($40 total for both parts). Not sure about the center balcony price, but just a little information about what the face value could be.

So, that was the Drowsy Chaperone. Oh, I love it so much. I know it's not a perfect show...but it does what a musical is supposed to do. It takes you to another world, and it gives you a little tune to carry with you in your head for when you're feeling blue. Ya know?

mikey2573
#2155Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 8/10/18 at 11:37am

Has anyone had success getting tickets by calling the box office?  I have two tickets for Sept. 1st but I need to add another ticket as my other son got the weekend off and wants to see it.  Of course, the web site does not offer me seat location and I want to sit with or near my sons.  Also, the website is only offering premium seats for that day which means I would be paying more money ($900) for one ticket to parts 1 and 2 than I paid for TWO tickets to parts 1 and 2 (about $650). I am going to attempt to call Ticketmaster, but I was wondering what people's experiences were with calling the box office for tickets???
Thanks!

Wick3 Profile Photo
Wick3
#2156Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 8/10/18 at 12:00pm

I didn't know you can call the box office. Normally I have to call through ticketmaster or telecharge if I'm asking for a refund or upgrade tickets (they, in turn, will contact the box office if needed.) 

As for September 1st, that's also the actor's fund performance of HP and I know from their website it's sold out. From checking ticketmaster right now for HP on Sept 1st, I see $225 per part tickets available in left orchestra row P. Good luck!

mikey2573
#2157Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 8/10/18 at 12:23pm

Interesting.  When I was at the website about an hour ago, the date of Sept 1st was in the green, meaning there were seats available.  But the only ones available were premium which would result in my paying $900 for one ticket to both parts.  Again, this is about $300 more than what I paid for two tickets to both parts for the same date. I wish I could have found those $225 per part tickets when I was there an hour ago.  But it seems that the website is incredibly inconsistent in what is available. 

EDIT: Okay, now I see why I was being charged $900 .  It seems that the website automatically defaults to two tickets and that I need to change that to ONE ticket. My bad! 

Updated On: 8/10/18 at 12:23 PM

HeatherAV
#2158Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 8/10/18 at 12:32pm

Mikey - maybe you already solved your problem, but keep refreshing ticketmaster.  There are definitely $225 per part seats available for September 1.  I just saw Orch P 19 and 21, for example.  With so many seats available, you might want to call the box office to try getting a seat close to the 2 you already have.  Enjoy the show!

david67
#2159Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 8/10/18 at 2:49pm

Is there an issue with visibility or a railing from Left Balcony Row G as well?

Blake Samper
#2160Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 8/13/18 at 11:41am

Selling Cursed Child Tickets for Sept 15th!! ORCHESTRA BOTH PARTS!

Actinggbugg474
#2161Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 8/14/18 at 9:56am

I've got tickets for next week, DRESSC Row F 107-108.  I am now seeing on the seating chart that it looks like the balcony overhangs the dress circle at row e.  Is that going to affect any of our viewing of the show?

jenhum
#2162Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 8/14/18 at 10:07am

Thought I'd share our seating experience. We had row A (second row), seats 1 and 3. I thought they were fantastic seats and would absolutely sit there again. I am the type of person who likes to sit close though. I am short (5'2"Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread and saw the show with my 10 year old daughter, and neither of us used a booster and we could both see the back of the stage alright. There was one thing in someone's office (#keepthesecrets) at the back of the stage that we had a little trouble seeing, but we just sat up really straight for a few seconds and it was fine. I will say if I had pick of any seat up close, I'd go with row B on the aisle, because there is absolutely no one in front of that aisle seat.

We are huge Potter fans and basically thought the show was the greatest thing we've ever seen, haha. I wasn't a fan of the script and have now (mostly) forgiven it because of the performance. I would say this is a must see for HP fans and I'd imagine that it's probably pretty enjoyable for non fans as well. 

CT2NYC Profile Photo
CT2NYC
#2163Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 8/14/18 at 10:14am

Actinggbugg474 said: "I've got tickets for next week, DRESSC Row F 107-108. I am now seeing on the seating chart that it looks like the balcony overhangs the dress circle at row e. Is that going to affect any of our viewing of the show?"

No, you'll be fine in row F.

Danielle0314
#2164Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 8/14/18 at 10:20am

jenhum said: "Thought I'd share our seating experience. We had row A (second row), seats 1 and 3. I thought they were fantastic seats and would absolutely sit there again. I am the type of person who likes to sit close though. I am short (5'2"Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread and saw the show with my 10 year old daughter, and neither of us used a booster and we could both see the back of the stage alright. There was one thing in someone's office (#keepthesecrets) at the back of the stage that we had a little trouble seeing, but we just sat up really straight for a few seconds and it was fine."

BLESS YOU FOR POSTING THIS! My mom and I are going in 2.5 weeks and sitting in those exact seats! Looking forward to it more than ever now after reading this :) (And I know what you're referring to with #keepthesecrets, saw the show in July from further back) I'm gonna PM you with one question!

Myshmoopsiepoo
#2165Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 8/14/18 at 12:28pm

Looking online for two seats and see for Orchestra Row Y seats 23 and 25 or seats 12 and 14.
Which would be better?

dumphim
#2166Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 8/14/18 at 12:35pm

Myshmoopsiepoo said: "Looking online for two seats and see for Orchestra Row Y seats 23 and 25 or seats 12 and 14.
Which would be better?
"

I'm assuming 12 and 14 since they're closer to the center aisle? But they're so similar I don't think one is the "wrong" choice

Danielle0314
#2167Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 8/14/18 at 12:45pm

Myshmoopsiepoo said: "Looking online for two seats and see for Orchestra Row Y seats 23 and 25 or seats 12 and 14.
Which would be better?
"

According to http://www.lyricbroadway.com/ticket-info/seating-plan/, I'd say 12 & 14.

CT2NYC Profile Photo
CT2NYC
#2168Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 8/14/18 at 12:53pm

Which would be better?
"

As long as there's no obstruction by the dress circle support pole, 12 and 14. I haven't sat there, so maybe someone who has can confirm that this isn't an issue.

azleafcat
#2169Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 8/14/18 at 1:53pm

Looking to sell two seats for September 27/28 (both parts) located in Orchestra Right, Row W. PM if interested.

Updated On: 8/14/18 at 01:53 PM

angoradebs
#2170Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 8/14/18 at 2:11pm

Saw the show on Sunday and loved every minute! I want to see it again and again, but since I have to fly to get there, that's not feasible.

My group of 5 had 3 orchestra seats and 2 balcony seats, so I sat in both.

Left orchestra ZZ seat 23: I sat here for Part 1. View was great! Yes, you miss some stuff at the top of the set, but nothing major. There is one special effect you miss but you get the general idea of it. The stage did not seem that far away. You can't see facial expressions, but I used binoculars for some of the more intimate moments, and that worked perfectly for me.

Right balcony row D seat 24: Part 2. You miss something near the end. Pretty sure everyone in the balcony does, except maybe row A people. People in the balcony literally stood up trying to see it, which of course helped no one. The railing itself is not that obstructive. It's the people in row C that obstruct your view, because they all lean forward to see over the railing. The girl in front of me literally sat on the edge of her seat, hunched forward, and at times even rose from her seat a little bit. Since we were on the end I was mostly looking over her left shoulder anyway, so she only obstructed things that happened far stage left/house right.

I've seen a few posts that have said "get a booster seat, you'll be fine." My experience was that they are reluctant to give booster seats to adults, even if the adult needs one. When I sat in row ZZ, the person in front of me was literally a head taller than everyone else in his row. Now, I probably could have seen around him, but since I was in the last row of the orchestra and wouldn't be affecting anyone behind me, I asked for a booster. The usher asked that I wait until a couple minutes before curtain, and then I could get one if any were left. Then the usher who was near the booster cushions gave me a hard time, saying they were reserved for children, until the other usher came over and told her it was okay since I was in the last row.

For part 2, the friend I was swapping with told me ahead of time that the girl in front was super tall. The girl had been seated after the show started so my friend didn't realize that it wasn't her height, it was her positioning. I asked for a cushion at the beginning of Part 2, and the balcony usher said it was fine, but when I went to get one, they said they were only for children. I asked if I could get one right before curtain if any were left, and he said okay. Because of the staggered seating and being on the end, I wasn't really in front of anyone in that instance either. Also other adults in the balcony had boosters, so not sure if it was just a different usher for Part 2, or what happened.

Anyway, that was my experience. YMMV. I preferred the orchestra seats to balcony, myself, although some of the effects were probably cooler in the balcony. I think the ZZ seats were much better for viewing the acting. I didn't feel like I was as far back as I actually was. So don't be afraid of rear orchestra being too far away. Just be aware of the overhang because it does affect your viewing. But for $40/part I had no complaints.

Danielle49
#2171Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 8/14/18 at 10:40pm

angoradebs said: "Left orchestra ZZ seat 23: I sat here for Part 1. View was great! Yes, you miss some stuff at the top of the set, but nothing major. There is one special effect you miss but you get the general idea of it. The stage did not seem that far away. You can't see facial expressions, but I used binoculars for some of the more intimate moments, and that worked perfectly for me.”

Thanks for such a thorough report on row ZZ! I’m sitting in row Z all the way to the right next month and was a little worried. I also paid $40 per part. After reading your report, I’m not as concerned about sight lines.

angoradebs
#2172Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 8/14/18 at 10:52pm

Danielle49 said: 
Thanks for such a thorough report on row ZZ! I’m sitting in row Z all the way to the right next month and was a little worried. I also paid $40 per part. After reading your report, I’m not as concerned about sight lines."

You're welcome! I do definitely recommend binoculars. There are scenes where there is very little movement, just intimate dialogue, and it was really easy to focus on the actors in those scenes and view their faces. Despite missing a little bit of the effects, I didn't feel cheated at all, especially at that price point. Meanwhile I see ticketmaster has row Y seats priced at $130/part (I'd definitely feel cheated then). If this is your first time seeing the show, you will be so caught up in what you can see you won't even care about what you can't (and again, what you can't see is VERY minimal, and you DO get to see something that balcony doesn't get to see)

Barbra
#2173Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 8/15/18 at 11:15am

Orchestra row N single on Ticketmaster for tomorrow/Fri for $95 per part.

WickedLinds
#2174Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 8/15/18 at 12:16pm

I have an extra ticket for tomorrow/Friday's performance, orchestra row Z 30 (on the aisle). Will sell for my cost - $100 total ($40 per part plus $20 for the Ticketmaster fees). PM me if interested!

UPDATE: Sold! :)

Updated On: 8/15/18 at 12:16 PM

Videos