News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

MUSIC MAN Rush Line. Updates and such.- Page 9

MUSIC MAN Rush Line. Updates and such.

Mark_E Profile Photo
Mark_E
#200Music Man Rush Line.
Posted: 4/19/22 at 6:21am

yanks02 said: "Any experience rushing a 2 show day on a Wednesday? I'm flying into JFK at 6 AM and wanted to try and head straight to the rush line. I'm only needing to buy a single ticket and I don't care whether I go see the matinee or the evening. If I got to the theatre around 8 AM do you think I'd have a chance to get a rush ticket?"

In March I was around 50th in line on a Wednesday and still managed to get a matinee ticket! Was row D side orchestra.

Lumiere2 Profile Photo
Lumiere2
#201Music Man Rush Line.
Posted: 4/20/22 at 11:10am

I was in the rush line this morning: here's my report.

I arrived at 5:00am on the dot and was second in line. By 5:45am there was 20 people in line, most of them buying 2 tickets. At 8am there was 60 people in line (me and new friends at the front counted.) At 9am there was just under 100 people in line.

When buying the seats, I got two ORCH left row D for the 8pm show tonight.

I didn't stick around to see how many actually got tickets.Box office staff said they have a minimum of 18 seats total per performance, but there's no guarantee past that.

Can't wait to see the show - going forward, my advice is that to guarantee tickets you must be in the line before 5am. On a two show day you can probably arrive at 5:45/6am and still have a good chance of getting tickets. The first person ahead of me was there at 4am, and we got asked every 10-15mins by someone what time the line started.

Apruk
#202Music Man Rush Line.
Posted: 4/20/22 at 11:55am

I was also there this morning. We arrived around 640ish and we were right before the Applebees door. We ended up probably having 30 or so in front of us? Maybe more because it seemed from the chatter around us that people had friends show up last minute as it got closer to 10. 

We got a little worried by other people saying we didn’t have a chance, but we snagged 2 for the matinee. It’s partial view box seats, but we are just happy for anything that’s cheaper than normal prices! Didn’t stick around either since my Florida toes were frozen. 

tgirl16
#203Music Man Rush Line.
Posted: 4/20/22 at 5:33pm

Was also there this morning! Came straight from the airport and got to the line around 7:45am and was probably about 49th in line. By the time I got to the front they announced they only had one ticket left for the matinee and none left for the evening but unfortunately I was looking for two so I passed. They did say they had tickets at the $99 price point but I’m going to be here a couple more days so I’ll probably try again later this week. 

samandryanmom1
#204Music Man Rush Line.
Posted: 4/20/22 at 8:35pm

We’re making a trip the first part of June to get my daughter settled for a summer internship. We are seeing Plaza Suite (husbands pick), Little Shop (daughters pick) and mine is Music Man but wow the tickets left are out of our price range. We’ll have Saturday, June 4th and Sunday June 5th to try for tickets. What time does the box office open? Just trying to gauge the time we’ll be investing in attempting this. There are tickets in our price range for Wednesday, June 1st but that’s our arrival date and flight delays make me nervous that we’d be late. Flight lands at 2:30. Are tickets refundable for that situation? Probably not. 

dankuhlman
#205Music Man Rush Line.
Posted: 4/21/22 at 8:40am

The box office opens at 10am most days and noon on Sundays. When I rushed, I got there at 4am and was first in line. Lots of devotion, but we made it fun! We brought games, books, etc. Sat on a blanket with pillows. Since this show is so hot, you could mayyybbeeeeeee get there at 6am and risk it, but I would recommend getting there 5:30am at the latest just to be (hopefully) sure. Rush tickets are definitely not refundable, and they write "Partial View" vert large on each ticket so you can't scalp them. If all of this sounds like too much work, I would recommend another show. I think rushing would be a great family bonding experience, but if you get lazy and arrive at 7am, you'll probably wait 3 hours to just not get tickets. 

BoringBoredBoard40
#206Music Man Rush Line.
Posted: 4/21/22 at 10:31am

I would imagine even with partial view stamped these are getting flipped.

They should do what they did for An Evening With Hugh Jackman where the rush tickets came with a wristband, if you didnt have both the wristband and the ticket you didnt get in 

angoradebs
#207Music Man Rush Line.
Posted: 4/21/22 at 10:57am

dankuhlman said: "The box office opens at 10am most days and noon on Sundays. When I rushed, I got there at 4am and was first in line. Lots of devotion, but we made it fun! We brought games, books, etc. Sat on a blanket with pillows. Since this show is so hot, you could mayyybbeeeeeee get there at 6am and risk it, but I would recommend getting there 5:30am at the latest just to be (hopefully) sure. Rush tickets are definitely not refundable, and they write "Partial View" vert large on each ticket so you can't scalp them. If all of this sounds like too much work, I would recommend another show. I think rushing would be a great family bonding experience, but if you get lazy and arrive at 7am, you'll probably wait 3 hours to just not get tickets."

They weren't asking if rush tickets are refundable, they asked if they pre-purchased Weds tix from telecharge and then their flight got delayed and they missed the show, would those be refundable. Because they're wondering if they should just purchase Weds tickets ahead of time instead of trying to rush on the weekend.

And the answer is no, they aren't typically going to be refundable although there's always a chance you get lucky with customer service.

stack496
#208Music Man Rush Line.
Posted: 4/21/22 at 5:43pm

I’ve searched the key word “bathroom” in all nine pages of this forum and didn’t have any luck. I apologize in advance if this is an obnoxious and repetitive question!

Never really waited this intensely for something. I’m going to be arriving at LaGuardia around 1:04 A.M early next month. Planned on hanging at the airport for a tad and then heading over to the Winter Garden around 4:30 to 5:00 A.M (this will be Tuesday morning at this point) to step in line. I have ZERO issue with the actual waiting portion. My concern is bathroom breaks. Is it best to just befriend the people around you and establish rapport? Are people understanding should you need to step away for a moment? I just don’t want any major surprises or snafus because ya boy CANNOT swing a 5 ½ hour journey with this bladder. Please let me know!

supersam1026 Profile Photo
supersam1026
#209Music Man Rush Line.
Posted: 4/21/22 at 5:54pm

Yeah, just make friends with the people around you. Stepping out for 5-10 min is totally fine and understandable, you'll probably end up watching their spots as well at some point!

Hamilfan2
#210Music Man Rush Line.
Posted: 4/22/22 at 9:58am

FYI for anyone rushing this week- Shuler Hensley and his understudy are out with Covid, so Max Clayton (Harold Hill stand by) will be on for Marcellus this week!

AprilC421
#211Music Man Rush Line.
Posted: 4/22/22 at 6:26pm

Where are people using the bathroom when waiting in line for a long time? I had to convince someone the other day at the Walgreens to let me in but bathrooms in NY seem to be scarce. 

samandryanmom1
#212Music Man Rush Line.
Posted: 4/22/22 at 7:05pm

angoradebs said: "dankuhlman said: "The box office opens at 10am most days and noon on Sundays. When I rushed, I got there at 4am and was first in line. Lots of devotion, but we made it fun! We brought games, books, etc. Sat on a blanket with pillows. Since this show is so hot, you could mayyybbeeeeeee get there at 6am and risk it, but I would recommend getting there 5:30am at the latest just to be (hopefully) sure. Rush tickets are definitely not refundable, and they write "Partial View" vert large on each ticket so you can't scalp them. If all of this sounds like too much work, I would recommend another show. I think rushing would be a great family bonding experience, but if you get lazy and arrive at 7am, you'll probably wait 3 hours to just not get tickets."

They weren't asking if rush tickets are refundable, they asked if they pre-purchased Weds tix from telecharge and then their flight got delayed and they missed the show, would those be refundable. Because they're wondering if they should just purchase Weds tickets ahead of time instead of trying to rush on the weekend.

And the answer is no, they aren't typically going to be refundable although there's always a chance you get lucky with customer service.
"

Thanks!! Yes that’s exactly what I needed to know. I’ve already told my husband and I “think” I have talked them into rushing on Saturday, June 4th!!

Hamfan1234
#213Music Man Rush Line.
Posted: 4/25/22 at 9:39am

AprilC421 said: "Where are people using the bathroom when waiting in line for a long time? I had to convince someone the other day at the Walgreens to let me in but bathrooms in NY seem to be scarce."

The Marriott Hotel on 46th is a standard option.The 8th floor lobby has a bathroom that is accessible without being a hotel guest.

tgirl16
#214Music Man Rush Line.
Posted: 4/26/22 at 9:10pm

A follow up to my last try- Went the next day (4/21) at 5:45am and was 7th in line. Got offered boxes or far sides orch and decided to go with the orch seats. Was definitely partial view but was nice to see the cast up that close!

mcsquared
#215Music Man Rush Line.
Posted: 4/26/22 at 9:54pm

samandryanmom1 said: "We’re making a trip the first part of June to get my daughter settled for a summer internship. We are seeing Plaza Suite (husbands pick), Little Shop (daughters pick) and mine is Music Man but wow the tickets left are out of our price range. We’ll have Saturday, June 4th and Sunday June 5th to try for tickets. What time does the box office open? Just trying to gauge the time we’ll be investing in attempting this. There are tickets in our price range for Wednesday, June 1st but that’s our arrival date and flight delays make me nervous that we’d be late. Flight lands at 2:30. Are tickets refundable for that situation? Probably not.
"

I would think it'd be a lot harder to rush a weekend in June--that would seem a bigger risk to me than a potential flight delay. Though I just had my flight cancelled and rebooked for 12 hours later so hard to predict. I would think if worse case scenario you had your flight delayed that you would know in the airport and could list them on stubhub several hours before? If you had a backup plan ahead of time it would probably work out. 

jo
#216Music Man Rush Line.
Posted: 4/27/22 at 9:55pm

https://playbill.com/production/gross?production=00000169-776c-df39-a3e9-777df8fe0000

Given the box office trend for the show ... and going into late spring & summer, as well as the possible non-extension of the current cancellation policy (ends April 30) -- 

the best bet to get last-minute tickets could be the RUSH Line.

Tuna2
#217Music Man Rush Line.
Posted: 4/28/22 at 8:20am

I rushed this show on 3/5/22.  Since that day, I've been reading other post stating that the seats folks have been getting are more often than not, limited or partial view.  The day that we rushed (matinee show), we got seats located in Row L, Seat 6 and 8.  Full unobstructed views of the stage.  Were we the exception rather than the rule? Would like to hear from others to see if they got full stage view or partial view/box seats for their rush tickets.  Maybe we were just lucky that day.  One more thing, we were 18th in line that Saturday morning.

Updated On: 4/28/22 at 08:20 AM

socjoc1107 Profile Photo
socjoc1107
#218Music Man Rush Line.
Posted: 4/28/22 at 8:33am

I rushed on Wednesday, April 27, and this is how it went:

• 6:18 a.m. ET: arrived at the box office and was 7th in line. 
  • 7:10-ish a.m. ET: 8th person arrived in line
  • 7:50-ish a.m. ET: 10 people in line
  • 8:30 a.m. ET: 20-ish people in line
  • 10:00 a.m. ET: line was backed to Applebees (I don't know the exact count!)

I do not know how many tickets each person purchased in front of me, except that at least one person purchased (2) for the matinee. I was able to get (2) tickets for the evening show full view (woo!), seats U101 and U102. I seemed to be the last person to be offered full view seats together for the evening show, but the person 10th in line was given the option of (2) together with partial view or (2) seats separate with full view for the evening show.

All things considered, I am happy! I normally like to cut it as close as possible (not a morning person lol), but the early arrivals on Wednesdays from spring break kind of scared me into committing to a 6:30 a.m. line start. Likewise, with summer break (and warmer days ahead!), I wanted to rush this before May. 

GOOD LUCK to everyone and hope this helps!

babykitty_00 Profile Photo
babykitty_00
#219Music Man Rush Line.
Posted: 4/28/22 at 11:39am

BoringBoredBoard40 said: "I would imagine even with partial view stamped these are getting flipped.

They should do what they did for An Evening With Hugh Jackman where the rush tickets came with a wristband, if you didnt have both the wristband and the ticket you didnt get in
"

Oh they are 100% getting flipped. When I rushed about a month ago, I was 16th in line at 6:30 am on a Friday and there were three people (2 older men and an older woman) who were at different places in the line, but having discussions with each other constantly. The 2 men were being friendly and chatty, but I later heard one of them on the phone talking about re-selling. So it is happening. I wonder how much they are getting for tickets they paid $49 for?

jbp1232 Profile Photo
jbp1232
#220Music Man Rush Line.
Posted: 5/7/22 at 4:53pm

Any recent rush experiences? Do you need to arrive earlier than 6 or is 6 generally safe? 

MemorableUserName
#221Music Man Rush Line.
Posted: 5/7/22 at 4:58pm

This is probably relevant regarding the competition

‘A five-day wait for $5,000’: the man who queues for the uber-rich

Mark_E Profile Photo
Mark_E
#222Music Man Rush Line.
Posted: 5/7/22 at 7:08pm

jbp1232 said: "Any recent rush experiences? Do you need to arrive earlier than 6 or is 6 generally safe?"

Got there 7:10 on Wednesday and atleast 30 infront. Fortunately people had snaked the line under the awning so we didn't get wet. I was queuing for my mum, who got far right orchestra row B, furthest seat to the right. She said the view was fine from there.

jbp1232 Profile Photo
jbp1232
#223Music Man Rush Line.
Posted: 5/9/22 at 12:57pm

Rushed on Sunday 5/8. The first person got there around 5:30, second 6:15, then 3-6 all showed up right at 7:15. Then a steady trickle after 8:15. It was mother's day and raining at first so maybe quieter because of that. Seats were partial view front side orchestra. 

chuckydisc
#224Music Man Rush Line.
Posted: 5/9/22 at 2:31pm

jbp1232 said: "Rushed on Sunday 5/8. The first person got there around 5:30, second 6:15, then 3-6 all showed up right at 7:15. Then a steady trickle after 8:15. It was mother's day and raining at first so maybe quieter because of that. Seats were partial view front side orchestra."

You speak of seat location for you solely or even of the 1st in line?  Your arrival time on line was ... ?

Videos