pixeltracker

MERRILY will transfer next fall- Page 9

MERRILY will transfer next fall

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#200MERRILY will transfer next falli
Posted: 3/23/23 at 12:25pm

I thought I saw prices jumping. These producers are pretty damn greedy. The tickets are already pricey enough. 

Dylan Smith4 Profile Photo
Dylan Smith4
#201MERRILY will transfer next fall!
Posted: 3/23/23 at 12:34pm

I’m glad I got this while I did. Good luck to people when they go on sale to the public tomorrow. 

The idea is to work and to experiment. Some things will be creatively successful, some things will succeed at the box office, and some things will only - which is the biggest only - teach you things that see the future. And they're probably as valuable as any of your successes. -Harold Prince

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#202MERRILY will transfer next fall!
Posted: 3/23/23 at 12:39pm

Didn’t I say a few pages ago they were gonna do that when the site was down? Predictable and maddening. 

jkcohen626 Profile Photo
jkcohen626
#203MERRILY will transfer next fall!
Posted: 3/23/23 at 12:46pm

Yeah, not suspending dynamic pricing for at least the first day or two of sales might be one of the most disgustingly greedy moves I've seen in an industry known for is disgustingly greedy moves. 

As Charlie says, "But when it's — (snort) Money… (snort, snort) Money…When you're into —(snort) Money…" 

jkcohen626 Profile Photo
jkcohen626
#204MERRILY will transfer next fall!
Posted: 3/23/23 at 12:47pm

Does anyone know if all seats were released or if there may be new stock when the general on-sale happens?  

binau Profile Photo
binau
#205MERRILY will transfer next fall!
Posted: 3/23/23 at 12:52pm

It looks like a significant amount of seats were held back because the pattern of available seats for less sold performances was all very similar. 

"You can't overrate Bernadette Peters. She is such a genius. There's a moment in "Too Many Mornings" and Bernadette doing 'I wore green the last time' - It's a voice that is just already given up - it is so sorrowful. Tragic. You can see from that moment the show is going to be headed into such dark territory and it hinges on this tiny throwaway moment of the voice." - Ben Brantley (2022) "Bernadette's whole, stunning performance [as Rose in Gypsy] galvanized the actors capable of letting loose with her. Bernadette's Rose did take its rightful place, but too late, and unseen by too many who should have seen it" Arthur Laurents (2009) "Sondheim's own favorite star performances? [Bernadette] Peters in ''Sunday in the Park,'' Lansbury in ''Sweeney Todd'' and ''obviously, Ethel was thrilling in 'Gypsy.'' Nytimes, 2000

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#206MERRILY will transfer next fall!
Posted: 3/23/23 at 12:52pm

When i was looking at different dates it looked like the exact same seats were on and off sale so it does look like they held back a significant amount of inventory today. 

Luscious Profile Photo
Luscious
#207MERRILY will transfer next fall!
Posted: 3/23/23 at 12:58pm

jkcohen626 said: "Does anyone know if all seats were released or if there may be new stock when the general on-sale happens?"

I don’t know for sure, but it appears as though only a certain number of seats in each price category were released for presale. Glad I was able to get tickets for mid-October, albeit at $400ea (incl fees). A few minutes after I purchased my tickets, the price for the same seats went up to $412ea. I also dropped the ball and didn’t click on the link to buy tickets until 11am. There were close to 10,000 people in queue ahead of me!! I had to wait close to an hour to gain access to the site.

TaffyDavenport Profile Photo
TaffyDavenport
#208MERRILY will transfer next fall!
Posted: 3/23/23 at 1:01pm

This won't be a NYTW situation. As it goes with every other show at the Hudson, they'll likely be releasing seats up until the day of each performance, including the far sides of the orchestra starting at row M, which may or may not be partial view.

Updated On: 3/23/23 at 01:01 PM

jkcohen626 Profile Photo
jkcohen626
#209MERRILY will transfer next fall!
Posted: 3/23/23 at 1:03pm

grrr, this dynamic pricing really makes this so infuriating. 

My instincts say to wait because more seats will probably be on sale soon, but the dynamic pricing could **** with that. 

If I'm waiting for more sub-$100 seats, how do I know they won't be well over $100 by the time they actually go up for sale?

BTW, how long is the pre-sale window?

Broadway61004
#210MERRILY will transfer next fall!
Posted: 3/23/23 at 1:08pm

$409 for orchestra seats for a show that will likely be on TDF by November 1st. Right.

TaffyDavenport Profile Photo
TaffyDavenport
#211MERRILY will transfer next fall!
Posted: 3/23/23 at 1:09pm

Also, every other show at the Hudson has seats allocated to TodayTix, so they may show up for sale on there at some point.

JasonC3
#212MERRILY will transfer next fall!
Posted: 3/23/23 at 1:18pm

Just scanned a dozen random dates in Oct, Nov, and Dec.  Lots and lots of availability still although the lowest ticket price category often is gone. 

I'm glad I got one performance at a decent price today, but I don't feel a need to book my return for another viewing right away.  My hunch is some of the prices will drop for select performances as dates draw nearer and inventory is still available.

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#213MERRILY will transfer next fall!
Posted: 3/23/23 at 1:25pm

Broadway61004 said: "$409 for orchestra seats for a show that will likely be on TDF by November 1st. Right."

No, that’s certainly not happening. 

SisterGeorge
#214MERRILY will transfer next fall!
Posted: 3/23/23 at 1:31pm

I almost always buy tix on my laptop, but today I was in the grocery store at 10 am, used my iPhone, and had 2  H Center Orch tix ($289 each)  for the  second week of performances by 10:10 am. Now I'm tempted to always use the phone for these crazy advance sales, but it was probably just a fluke?

Sister George

Broadway61004
#215MERRILY will transfer next fall!
Posted: 3/23/23 at 1:44pm

ljay889 said: "Broadway61004 said: "$409 for orchestra seats for a show that will likely be on TDF by November 1st. Right."

No, that’s certainly not happening.
"

We'll see about that. This is not Sweeney or Into the Woods or a Sondheim that has mass appeal outside of the theatre community. That's in no way commenting on the quality of it, but just the reality of the shows people are flocking to see.

ANewBrainn Profile Photo
ANewBrainn
#216MERRILY will transfer next fall!
Posted: 3/23/23 at 1:53pm

Very glad I got my NYTW subscription, the entire subscription to see it in a tiny house was less expensive than a lot of these orchestra seats.  Plus I got to see the fabulous How To Defend Yourself

NJGUY
#217MERRILY will transfer next fall!
Posted: 3/23/23 at 1:55pm

Wow.  Glad I saw the original production for a few dollars with a half empty audience, one week before it closed in 1981.  That will do for my MWRA bucket list  The nice thing was the full orchestra 42 years ago, and I am hoping that this show transfers with nothing less than 20+ musicians, otherwise it is a disgrace to the ear and the pocketbook.  What do we know about the orchestra size?

hollebolle
#218MERRILY will transfer next fall!
Posted: 3/23/23 at 1:59pm

I don't know how their fees are structured, but I noticed that the ticket I bought was earlier was $99 + $8 fee and now is $109 + $15 fee. So not only did the ticket price go up; the fee almost doubled. 

ANewBrainn Profile Photo
ANewBrainn
#219MERRILY will transfer next fall!
Posted: 3/23/23 at 2:00pm

I know it was not huge at NYTW but I thought it sounded really really amazing, haven't heard anything about the broadway size yet but can't imagine it will be 20 pieces.

ColorTheHours048 Profile Photo
ColorTheHours048
#220MERRILY will transfer next fall!
Posted: 3/23/23 at 2:04pm

They’re smart to open this and close it when they are, and having it as a strictly limited run will ensure a higher chance of selling out every night, but I actually LOL’ed at those prices. Depressing.

PianoMann Profile Photo
PianoMann
#221MERRILY will transfer next fall!
Posted: 3/23/23 at 2:42pm

Sunday in the Park was similarly limited and starred Jake Gyllenhaal, but those prices were nowhere near as ridiculous. I sat mid Orch for $139 and front balcony for $79... I guess they think Radcliffe and Groff have that much more selling power, plus the rising tide of all theatre ticket prices lifts all boats.

binau Profile Photo
binau
#222MERRILY will transfer next fall!
Posted: 3/23/23 at 3:06pm

The line appears to be gone now...I wonder if this will be the total spike now (including general release)...since the 'pre-sale' was pretty easy to get access to I would have thought the majority of keen Merrily fans and Radcliffe/Groff fans have already got access? Or can we expect another rush?

"You can't overrate Bernadette Peters. She is such a genius. There's a moment in "Too Many Mornings" and Bernadette doing 'I wore green the last time' - It's a voice that is just already given up - it is so sorrowful. Tragic. You can see from that moment the show is going to be headed into such dark territory and it hinges on this tiny throwaway moment of the voice." - Ben Brantley (2022) "Bernadette's whole, stunning performance [as Rose in Gypsy] galvanized the actors capable of letting loose with her. Bernadette's Rose did take its rightful place, but too late, and unseen by too many who should have seen it" Arthur Laurents (2009) "Sondheim's own favorite star performances? [Bernadette] Peters in ''Sunday in the Park,'' Lansbury in ''Sweeney Todd'' and ''obviously, Ethel was thrilling in 'Gypsy.'' Nytimes, 2000

JasonC3
#223MERRILY will transfer next fall!
Posted: 3/23/23 at 3:39pm

The line was gone at 1 p.m. Eastern when I checked seats for a friend.

BroadwayNYC2 Profile Photo
BroadwayNYC2
#224MERRILY will transfer next fall!
Posted: 3/23/23 at 5:22pm

Just like the Parade ticket release, there really isn’t an insane line for any of these releases, it’s that their site can’t handle them. It’s slowed on purpose, so any fear that it was going to sell out on first release can breath easily 

Videos