pixeltracker

NBC's SMASH, Season 2 -- Discussion- Page 96

NBC's SMASH, Season 2 -- Discussion

WhizzerMarvin Profile Photo
WhizzerMarvin
#2375SMASH
Posted: 4/30/13 at 10:33pm

And for the record Talulah, whoever you are, Ivy is not a slut. Not by a long shot. You act like she starred in Dawson's 20 load weekend. Not even close.

Marie: Don't be in such a hurry about that pretty little chippy in Frisco. Tony: Eh, she's a no chip!

justagirl2 Profile Photo
justagirl2
#2376SMASH
Posted: 4/30/13 at 10:36pm

The worst part of Smash's inevitable canceling is the lack of new material to make fun of. This thread gives me life.

Jane2 Profile Photo
Jane2
#2377SMASH
Posted: 4/30/13 at 10:38pm

Not NOt NOT a broadway snob. But I'm glad they're here because they're funny.

<-----I'M TOTES ROLLING MY EYES

ucjrdude902 Profile Photo
ucjrdude902
#2378SMASH
Posted: 4/30/13 at 10:40pm

If it is cancelled why is NBC taking so long to make an announcement? Not only on SMASH but other shows as well?

WhizzerMarvin
#2379SMASH
Posted: 4/30/13 at 10:51pm

Probably because NBC, like the other networks, is trying to finalize the fall schedule and they don't want to prematurely say something is canceled or renewed before having all their ducks in a row.

Remember last year when CBS announced that Unforgettable was canceled, and then a few weeks later they were like, "Oops, we meant to say this was renewed!"

They announced the renewal of some sure bets to generate buzz and gauge reaction. In two weeks we'll know the fate of basically every show. I'm sure Community fans, Body of Proof viewers and many other shows on the bubble are just as nervous as some of the Smash fans on this thread.

Marie: Don't be in such a hurry about that pretty little chippy in Frisco. Tony: Eh, she's a no chip!

FindingNamo
#2380SMASH
Posted: 4/30/13 at 10:54pm

Should Karen McPhee have noticed that Jiminy Jordan wasn't there to catch her?

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none

TFMH18 Profile Photo
TFMH18
#2381SMASH
Posted: 4/30/13 at 11:06pm

Speaking of Buzzfeed/SMASH..... You guys have all seen this right? It literally gives me life.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/louispeitzman/karen-on-smash-is-the-worst

ucjrdude902 Profile Photo
ucjrdude902
#2382SMASH
Posted: 4/30/13 at 11:46pm

Makes sense Whizzer. Has a show ever been renewed by "default"? Space left in the new lineup so somethings got to feel it?

CurtainPullDowner Profile Photo
CurtainPullDowner
#2383SMASH
Posted: 5/1/13 at 2:15am

The 2 new songs they are featuring make me think us Kyle admirers are in for a weepy time.
Poor Phyliss.

Idiot Profile Photo
Idiot
#2384SMASH
Posted: 5/1/13 at 2:20am

Oy my lord, Whizzer. I can't believe you referenced Dawson's particularly busy weekend right here in front of Sondheim and everybody. The horror.... the horror.... (or is that 'the whorer... the whorer...')

EricMontreal22 Profile Photo
EricMontreal22
#2385SMASH
Posted: 5/1/13 at 5:21am

Yeah, a character covering one of my fave Radiohead songs--aside from making me cringe a bit in anticipation, makes me pretty sure anyone who doubted Phyllis' avatar was wrong.

UCRJR there are certain shows that do reasonably well that networks often sorta keep in their back pocket to throw in if another show doesn't do well--so it's kinda a renew by default. CBS' never-will-die sitcom Rules of Engagement immediately springs to mind. The past few seasons it's squeaked by with half season orders and is usually shoved into some timeslot where another sitcom bombs.

peachesr82 Profile Photo
peachesr82
#2386SMASH
Posted: 5/1/13 at 6:32am

On the plus side,rare as they are, they're actually letting Christian Borle sing again.

theatergoer3
#2387SMASH
Posted: 5/1/13 at 6:58am

That is a plus. The song is probably be going to be sung in a flashback with Tom and Kyle in it.

broadway guy
#2388SMASH
Posted: 5/1/13 at 7:11am

Has it actually been confirmed yet that kyle is dead?

all that jazz Profile Photo
all that jazz
#2389SMASH
Posted: 5/1/13 at 7:19am

No, it's all speculating. I personally think he's not, as it seems to obvious to be true.

LYLS3637 Profile Photo
LYLS3637
#2390SMASH
Posted: 5/1/13 at 7:22am

Since when is Smash known for being anything but obvious?

"I shall stay until the wind changes."

all that jazz
#2391SMASH
Posted: 5/1/13 at 7:29am

Well... We've had surprises before, remember the Boston previews?

WhizzerMarvin
#2392SMASH
Posted: 5/1/13 at 7:38am

The people in denial about Kyle's death are like those in denial that the show will be canceled!

all that jazz
#2393SMASH
Posted: 5/1/13 at 7:49am

SMASH

I know it has been discussed in this thread how NBC doesn't care about this show anymore, but still I find it very unlikely for them to imply at the end of the episode Kyle is dead and then have the characters talking about him in the preview and showing his picture. It seems too easy to figure out.

DottieD'Luscia Profile Photo
DottieD'Luscia
#2394SMASH
Posted: 5/1/13 at 9:34am

That Buzzfeed pictorial cracked me up. No one is worse than Karen, not even Ellis!

Hey Dottie! Did your colleagues enjoy the cake even though your cat decided to sit on it? ~GuyfromGermany

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#2395SMASH
Posted: 5/1/13 at 9:56am

Kyle's either dead now or dead soon. Either way, he's so much dead meat. He has to die so they can have Jimmy de-douchify.

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

FindingNamo
#2396SMASH
Posted: 5/1/13 at 10:25am

Kyle helped us believe in love. I can't believe you disagree.

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none

suestorm Profile Photo
suestorm
#2397SMASH
Posted: 5/1/13 at 10:25am

FINDINGNAMO, SNAFU, THEATERDIVE, JORDANCATALONO, LIZASHEADBAND, PALJOEY: You all claim to "IGNORE ME" I wish you would and stop constantly commenting on my posts. Thanks ...................................................................................................................................... The MOST POPULAR and DANGEROUS Poster on BWW! Banned by the PTA, PTC and the MEANGIRLS of BWW..................................................................................................................... ...Ukraine Girls really knock me out, they leave the west behind..........................

Wynbish Profile Photo
Wynbish
#2398SMASH
Posted: 5/1/13 at 10:35am

I love what Wesley Taylor is giving us

SMASH

all that jazz
#2399SMASH
Posted: 5/1/13 at 10:37am

Wow! She actually looks alive in that picture!!

Videos