Broadway's best voices

suttonfoster Profile Photo
suttonfoster
#1Broadway's best voices
Posted: 5/31/10 at 1:25am

Anyone have a Broadway voice they just love.

I might get chewed out for this but Matt Cavanaugh has one of the nicest voices I've heard. Something about his tone really draws me. Same thing with Kelli O'hara.

I just feel like it's so sad that these stupid teenage annoying fans find Aaron Tveit's voice more please just because of his fine ass.

CandiceElyse Profile Photo
CandiceElyse
#2Broadway's best voices
Posted: 5/31/10 at 1:30am

Stephanie J. Block's goddess belting. and Kyle Dean Massey. i really love the sound and quality of his voice. ohh and i do love Christian Borle's voice too. and Gavin Creel.

Judy Garland & Gene Kelly <3

binau Profile Photo
binau
#2Broadway's best voices
Posted: 5/31/10 at 1:37am

I don't know how you can complain that Aaron's ass is better than the voice when you just listed Matt Cavanaugh as one of Broadway's best voices.

"You can't overrate Bernadette Peters. She is such a genius. There's a moment in "Too Many Mornings" and Bernadette doing 'I wore green the last time' - It's a voice that is just already given up - it is so sorrowful. Tragic. You can see from that moment the show is going to be headed into such dark territory and it hinges on this tiny throwaway moment of the voice." - Ben Brantley (2022) "Bernadette's whole, stunning performance [as Rose in Gypsy] galvanized the actors capable of letting loose with her. Bernadette's Rose did take its rightful place, but too late, and unseen by too many who should have seen it" Arthur Laurents (2009) "Sondheim's own favorite star performances? [Bernadette] Peters in ''Sunday in the Park,'' Lansbury in ''Sweeney Todd'' and ''obviously, Ethel was thrilling in 'Gypsy.'' Nytimes, 2000

starspangledjenny
#3Broadway's best voices
Posted: 5/31/10 at 1:45am

Matt Cavanaugh sounds nice enough, but he can't act. At all. I'm confused by O'Hara, I'm not sure I like her. If I had to choose between her and Reba, I'd choose Reba.

As for voices I like: How about Mandy Patinkin, no other voice like his. Sutton, I could listen to her all day long. And if velvet cake could sing, it would be the rich amazing voice of Norm Lewis.

philly03 Profile Photo
philly03
#4Broadway's best voices
Posted: 5/31/10 at 1:57am

Linda Eder's got one of the best voices and also love listening to Lauren Kennedy.

Melissa Errico has such a pure, beautiful voice! James Barbour, hands down, best male voice! Hasn't been on Broadway yet, but LOVE Josh Young's voice!

Elphaba3 Profile Photo
Elphaba3
#5Broadway's best voices
Posted: 5/31/10 at 2:42am

Kelli O'Hara, Julie Andrews, Idina Menzel, Sutton Foster, Orfeh.

Elphaba3 Profile Photo
Elphaba3
#7Broadway's best voices
Posted: 5/31/10 at 2:44am

Btw, I love Aaron Tveit's voice and I'm a lesbian who couldn't care less about his ass.

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#8Broadway's best voices
Posted: 5/31/10 at 3:08am

I enjoyed Matt in "Dorian".

My voices are:

Audra McDonlad. Took me a while to appreciate her voice though.
Linda Eder
Bernadette
Len Cariou
Ben Vareen
Patti

Just give the world Love.

mallardo Profile Photo
mallardo
#9Broadway's best voices
Posted: 5/31/10 at 6:16am

Marin Mazzie, Judy Kuhn, Audra.

Faced with these Loreleis, what man can moralize!

perfectlymarvelous Profile Photo
perfectlymarvelous
#10Broadway's best voices
Posted: 5/31/10 at 10:30am

Audra McDonald, Brian Stokes Mitchell, Marin Mazzie, Brian d'Arcy James, Rebecca Luker, Susan Egan, Laura Benanti, Gavin Creel, Norbert Leo Butz, Aaron Tveit...to name a few.

Patti_LuPone_Fan Profile Photo
Patti_LuPone_Fan
#11Broadway's best voices
Posted: 5/31/10 at 10:57am

I love Audra McDonald, and Marin Mazzie's head voice, but where is the Christine Ebersole love? Her voice is like a religious experience encapsulated in pure beauty.

kc2 Profile Photo
kc2
#12Broadway's best voices
Posted: 5/31/10 at 11:54am

The first voice that always comes to mind is Norbert Leo Butz. I don't know why but I just love it.

rjm516
#13Broadway's best voices
Posted: 5/31/10 at 12:16pm

Audra McDonald, Christine Ebersole, Mandy Patinkin, Kelli O'Hara, Gavin Creel, Norbert, Brian D'Arcy James, Matthew Morrison (in Italian, of course)

wicked_beast4 Profile Photo
wicked_beast4
#14Broadway's best voices
Posted: 5/31/10 at 12:26pm

Gavin Creel, no question!

"He found something that he wanted, had always wanted and always would want— not to be admired, as he had feared; not to be loved, as he had made himself believe; but to be necessary to people, to be indispensable." -F. Scott Fitzgerald's This Side of Paradise

spiderdj82 Profile Photo
spiderdj82
#15Broadway's best voices
Posted: 5/31/10 at 12:33pm

Michael Arden, Aaron Tveit, Gavin Creel, Brian Stokes Mitchell, Brian d'Arcy James, Judy Kuhn, Julie Andrews, and so many more

"They're eating her and then they're going to eat me. OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!" -Troll 2

Jonny boy Profile Photo
Jonny boy
#16Broadway's best voices
Posted: 5/31/10 at 12:35pm

I think that Tituss Burgess and Gavin Creel are my favorite guys. I would say that Lauren Pritchard and Leah Michelle are my 2 favorite girls....
Updated On: 5/31/10 at 12:35 PM

suttonfoster Profile Photo
suttonfoster
#17Broadway's best voices
Posted: 5/31/10 at 12:38pm

qolbinau- I stand corrected haha. I still don't care for Tveit's voice as much as everyone else though. But Matt's voice is so rich, i love it. maybe not his acting.

mallardo Profile Photo
mallardo
#18Broadway's best voices
Posted: 5/31/10 at 12:43pm

suttonfoster, you started this thread and you didn't mention Sutton? Come on, she has a gorgeous voice.

muscle23ftl Profile Photo
muscle23ftl
#19Broadway's best voices
Posted: 5/31/10 at 1:13pm

"Marin Mazzie, Judy Kuhn, Audra"

You must have had an orgasm when they sang together mallardo!

"People have their opinions and that doesn't mean that their opinions are wrong or right. I just take it with a grain of salt because opinions are like as*holes, everyone has one". -Felicia Finley-

mallardo Profile Photo
mallardo
#20Broadway's best voices
Posted: 5/31/10 at 1:14pm

I did, thanks for asking.

sparrman
#21Broadway's best voices
Posted: 5/31/10 at 1:17pm

Veering just a bit OT, the best Broadway voice has never been on Broadway: Anthony Warlow.

wonkit
#22Broadway's best voices
Posted: 5/31/10 at 1:24pm

Tough because it depends on how you define "best." Best for dramatic purposes, purest, biggest, most versatile? And my choices would probably start World War III so I'm keeping quiet on this question.

taylorPHENOMENON2 Profile Photo
taylorPHENOMENON2
#23Broadway's best voices
Posted: 5/31/10 at 1:27pm

Brian d'Arcy James.

spiderdj82 Profile Photo
spiderdj82
#24Broadway's best voices
Posted: 5/31/10 at 1:41pm

sparrman - I LOVE YOU!!!!!

"They're eating her and then they're going to eat me. OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!" -Troll 2

MyLife
#25Broadway's best voices
Posted: 5/31/10 at 1:41pm

Daphne Rubin Vega - especially when she was in Les Miz

Just the purest, most angelic voice I have ever heard on a Broadway stage.