pixeltracker

Favorite Disney on Broadway show

Favorite Disney on Broadway show

Bwaynerd Profile Photo
Bwaynerd
#1Favorite Disney on Broadway show
Posted: 7/2/10 at 9:48pm

Not in including aida or on the record, what you fav dob show?

mine's mary poppins

"(in a sweedish accent) Oh! What a lovely T-shirt you are wearing!"- Catherine Zeta-Jones refering to my ALNM shirt at the CD signing. Say NO to drugs and YES to Jackie Hoffman Live At Joes Pub! "ITS THE DAY OF THE SHOW YA'LL!!"-Bwaynerd

CATSNYrevival Profile Photo
CATSNYrevival
#2Favorite Disney on Broadway show
Posted: 7/2/10 at 10:02pm

Easily Beauty and the Beast because of the score, but Tarzan is a close second because of the loincloth.

AudreyTwoTwo Profile Photo
AudreyTwoTwo
#2Favorite Disney on Broadway show
Posted: 7/2/10 at 10:04pm

Lion King. I wish I saw Beauty and the Beast again, though because I saw it when I was ... 5? lol

The Best of Times is Now!

rmusic11322
#3Favorite Disney on Broadway show
Posted: 7/2/10 at 10:14pm

In My Opinion:

1. Beauty And The Beast
2. Lion King
3. Mary Poppins

-tied for last-
Tarzan &
The Little Mermaid

PastorErnst Profile Photo
PastorErnst
#4Favorite Disney on Broadway show
Posted: 7/2/10 at 10:28pm

Best opening scene:
Tarzan or The Lion King

Best showstopper:
"A Change in Me" from Beauty and the Beast

Best overall fun:
Mary Poppins

Best overall show:
The Lion King

philly03 Profile Photo
philly03
#5Favorite Disney on Broadway show
Posted: 7/2/10 at 10:48pm

Beauty and the Beast, hands down. The score, the very theatrical sense to it (with a huge budget), the casts they've had over the years which were all pretty good (a few celeb clunkers thrown in there!).

wdwfreak Profile Photo
wdwfreak
#6Favorite Disney on Broadway show
Posted: 7/2/10 at 11:06pm

1. Beauty and the Beast
2. Little Mermaid
3. Mary Poppins
4. Tarzan
5. Lion King- Only show I thought about leaving at intermission.

perfectlymarvelous Profile Photo
perfectlymarvelous
#7Favorite Disney on Broadway show
Posted: 7/2/10 at 11:06pm

I'll always be rather partial to Beauty and the Beast because it was my very first Broadway show, but I adore Mary Poppins as well.

Scarywarhol Profile Photo
Scarywarhol
#8Favorite Disney on Broadway show
Posted: 7/2/10 at 11:09pm

Beauty and the Beast was the most solid and consistent. Mary Poppins is my favorite, and certainly better than anything else they've done since Beauty. Lion King is gorgeous, but an incredible bore, I was surprised to find.

history775 Profile Photo
history775
#9Favorite Disney on Broadway show
Posted: 7/2/10 at 11:35pm

Mary Poppins, Practically Perfect in every way.

doombuggy25 Profile Photo
doombuggy25
#10Favorite Disney on Broadway show
Posted: 7/3/10 at 12:17am

1. Beauty & the Beast
2. Mary Poppins
3. Lion King

Haven't seen Tarzan or Little Mermaid, but both seem pretty ghastly

rmusic11322
#11Favorite Disney on Broadway show
Posted: 7/3/10 at 12:20am

^ Besides the music and some of the special effects, they were.

gypsy4
#12Favorite Disney on Broadway show
Posted: 7/3/10 at 2:39am

1.Mary Poppins ( a Broadway feel good Spectacle)I have to say it's disneys best.
2.Beauty and the beast (fun, Joyful, Entertaining from the start)
3.Lion King (act 2 is such a bore)

Aswatrowinkenbo Profile Photo
Aswatrowinkenbo
#13Favorite Disney on Broadway show
Posted: 7/3/10 at 4:11am

Mary Poppins with Beauty and the Beast in a close second!

CandiceElyse Profile Photo
CandiceElyse
#14Favorite Disney on Broadway show
Posted: 7/3/10 at 9:32pm

Haha I am going to inspire outrage from all and say Little Mermaid, because I absolutely loved it, even if it wasnt perfect, it was still a wonderful show with wonderful music.

Judy Garland & Gene Kelly <3

secondarycharacter2 Profile Photo
secondarycharacter2
#15Favorite Disney on Broadway show
Posted: 7/3/10 at 9:35pm

either beauty and the beast or mary poppins.

zepka102 Profile Photo
zepka102
#16Favorite Disney on Broadway show
Posted: 7/3/10 at 9:45pm

If I had to pick out one scene from any Disney show, it would be the opening of Tarzan... easily one of the best scenes conceived on Broadway in recent years, if only it could have held up the remainder of the show. The music is great (a few duds), and the talent was great.

Mary Poppins is a lot of fun and beautifully staged.

I didn't think Little Mermaid was that bad. I wish they would have kept more of the ideas from the original movie though.

Lion King was alright, but I was kind of underwhelmed when I finally saw it.

Beauty and the Beast was solid, but came across as too "kiddy" at times when I saw it a second time before it closed.

::bust a move::

IdinaBellFoster Profile Photo
IdinaBellFoster
#17Favorite Disney on Broadway show
Posted: 7/3/10 at 10:24pm

1. BEAUTY AND THE BEAST
2. AIDA
3. MARY POPPINS
3. THE LION KING

those other two should just stay off the list. Only good thing to come out of either of them was Sierra Boggess.

"Oh look at the time, three more intelligent plays just closed and THE ADDAMS FAMILY made another million dollars" -Jackie Hoffman, Broadway.com Audience Awards

shrekster224 Profile Photo
shrekster224
#18Favorite Disney on Broadway show
Posted: 7/3/10 at 11:18pm

Just got back from Mary Poppins. It's my new favorite. It was actually a pleasant surprise. Theres only one word to describe it...I think you can guess!

bwayphreak234 Profile Photo
bwayphreak234
#19Favorite Disney on Broadway show
Posted: 7/4/10 at 5:11am

Beauty and the Beast and Mary Poppins are my favorites. Both are visually stunning and entertaining. I like Lion King, but I did not enjoy it as much as I enjoyed Mary Poppins and Beauty and the Beast.

"There’s nothing quite like the power and the passion of Broadway music. "

madbrian Profile Photo
madbrian
#20Favorite Disney on Broadway show
Posted: 7/4/10 at 8:31am

I have still not forgiven my daughter for choosing Tarzan when we let her pick a show to see for her birthday. Lion King and Beauty And The Beast were good shows, and Mary Poppins could have been great, but fell short.

"It does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are 20 gods or no god. It neither picks my pocket, nor breaks my leg." -- Thomas Jefferson

Q
#21Favorite Disney on Broadway show
Posted: 7/4/10 at 9:38am

POPPINS.

jagfkb
#22Favorite Disney on Broadway show
Posted: 7/4/10 at 10:36am

The Original London Production of Mary Poppins is easily my favorite Disney show, followed closely by Beauty & the Beast. Ever since the original London production, though some changes have been for the better (some of the revisions to Precision & Order, heck even the Umbrella in Anything Can Happen), some really brought down the level of intelligence in the show (Jolly Holiday now feels like a pale attempt to recreate the film, and removing the street market scene not only killed perhaps one of the most amazing scene changes in the history of the American theatre, but gave Supercal... absolutely no true purpose in the show). And now that Temper, Temper has been removed, I'm seriously questioning ever seeing the show again. I've yet to see it on tour, and have heard better reviews of the number in that production, but on Broadway it makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.

bwayphreak234 Profile Photo
bwayphreak234
#23Favorite Disney on Broadway show
Posted: 7/4/10 at 2:21pm

"The Original London Production of Mary Poppins is easily my favorite Disney show, followed closely by Beauty & the Beast. Ever since the original London production, though some changes have been for the better (some of the revisions to Precision & Order, heck even the Umbrella in Anything Can Happen), some really brought down the level of intelligence in the show (Jolly Holiday now feels like a pale attempt to recreate the film, and removing the street market scene not only killed perhaps one of the most amazing scene changes in the history of the American theatre, but gave Supercal... absolutely no true purpose in the show). And now that Temper, Temper has been removed, I'm seriously questioning ever seeing the show again. I've yet to see it on tour, and have heard better reviews of the number in that production, but on Broadway it makes absolutely no sense whatsoever."

I saw the tour back in February and I could not agree more. Supercal was a great number, but it seemed out of place without the market scene to precede it. Taking Temper, Temper out of the show was a huge mistake. The new song Playing the Game is not anywhere near as good. Despite these things, I absolutely LOVED the show.

"There’s nothing quite like the power and the passion of Broadway music. "

vfd88 Profile Photo
vfd88
#24Favorite Disney on Broadway show
Posted: 7/4/10 at 2:50pm

Mary Poppins is definitely my favorite. Saw it last year and was surprised at how much I enjoyed it. Thoroughly enchanting.

Beauty and the Beast holds a special place in my heart, as it was my first Broadway show, but I am aware of its flaws. Gorgeous music, though.

I loved The Lion King when I first saw it, around the time it first opened. Then I saw it recently and was very underwhelmed.

"...removing the street market scene not only killed perhaps one of the most amazing scene changes in the history of the American theatre..." Sounds interesting! Could you elaborate, please?