Who's seeing COMPANY tonight?

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#1Who's seeing COMPANY tonight?
Posted: 4/7/11 at 1:32am

Thought I'd start a new thread for reviews/thoughts. Post them here! Cannot wait to read about it. I'll be there Saturday night.

http://www.playbill.com/news/article/149567-Everybody-Rise-Company-with-Neil-Patrick-Harris-and-Patti-LuPone-Begins-April-7
Updated On: 4/7/11 at 01:32 AM

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#2Who's seeing COMPANY tonight?
Posted: 4/7/11 at 1:39am

I just can't believe I won't be seeing this. And I am living here now.

Just give the world Love.

CockeyedOptimist2 Profile Photo
CockeyedOptimist2
#2Who's seeing COMPANY tonight?
Posted: 4/7/11 at 1:50am

Who's jealous of those who are seeing COMPANY tonight?

ME!!!!!!!

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#3Who's seeing COMPANY tonight?
Posted: 4/7/11 at 1:52am

I expect all who go to applaud a little extra for me. Who's seeing COMPANY tonight? This is really tough for me to be away for.

A work of art is an invitation to love.

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#4Who's seeing COMPANY tonight?
Posted: 4/7/11 at 2:03am

My good friend is seeing it either tomorrow or Saturday. I am seriously considering inviting him to lunch tomorrow and slipping something in his drink. Just a thought...

Scarywarhol Profile Photo
Scarywarhol
#5Who's seeing COMPANY tonight?
Posted: 4/7/11 at 2:04am

I'm enjoying this solidarity in being hugely upset about not attending. But those prices! At least we'll get to see it on film now.

luvtheEmcee
#6Who's seeing COMPANY tonight?
Posted: 4/7/11 at 2:07am

Those in town who concerned about the price might want to check out the Lincoln Center discount ticket thing in their new Atrium. I don't know what the availability situation is for Company or if tickets to it will end up there, but it's certainly worth a try if you're local. I know people who have scored great seats to concerts at Avery Fisher for great prices by going there.

http://new.lincolncenter.org/live/index.php/day-of-discount-tickets

Updated On: 4/7/11 at 02:07 AM

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#7Who's seeing COMPANY tonight?
Posted: 4/7/11 at 2:18am

I hear seats way up are still available but my thing is that I am on a strict budget since I just relocated here. But I keep thinking that since it is Sondheim, I am justified in spending the money.

But according to their website there are only 4 seats left for the three nights. All 4 are for tomorrow when I can't go. And they are expensive orchestra seats.

Updated On: 4/7/11 at 02:18 AM

viola13
#8Who's seeing COMPANY tonight?
Posted: 4/7/11 at 2:22am

I am!!!

From literally the highest tier. lol. Yay "cheap" seats!

AC126748 Profile Photo
AC126748
#9Who's seeing COMPANY tonight?
Posted: 4/7/11 at 6:59am

I'll be at the Saturday evening performance.

"You travel alone because other people are only there to remind you how much that hook hurts that we all bit down on. Wait for that one day we can bite free and get back out there in space where we belong, sail back over water, over skies, into space, the hook finally out of our mouths and we wander back out there in space spawning to other planets never to return hurrah to earth and we'll look back and can't even see these lives here anymore. Only the taste of blood to remind us we ever existed. The earth is small. We're gone. We're dead. We're safe." -John Guare, Landscape of the Body

madbrian Profile Photo
madbrian
#10Who's seeing COMPANY tonight?
Posted: 4/7/11 at 8:33am

I'll be there tonight...row 'M' orchestra.

"It does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are 20 gods or no god. It neither picks my pocket, nor breaks my leg." -- Thomas Jefferson

MusicAndPassion Profile Photo
MusicAndPassion
#11Who's seeing COMPANY tonight?
Posted: 4/7/11 at 8:51am

I'll be there! Row HH in the orchestra! This is one of my favorite musicals and American stage pieces. And this cast makes me more and more excited to be there at 7:30 tonight! Although, I don't know how formal to dress for show. (I saw Earnest last night, wearing a shirt and tie).

AC126748 Profile Photo
AC126748
#12Who's seeing COMPANY tonight?
Posted: 4/7/11 at 9:28am

Can anyone seeing the show tonight please post a running time? It would be much appreciated. (I know COMPANY usually runs around 2:40, but I'm trying to coordinate bus schedules and wondering if the concert schedule might shorten that time.)

"You travel alone because other people are only there to remind you how much that hook hurts that we all bit down on. Wait for that one day we can bite free and get back out there in space where we belong, sail back over water, over skies, into space, the hook finally out of our mouths and we wander back out there in space spawning to other planets never to return hurrah to earth and we'll look back and can't even see these lives here anymore. Only the taste of blood to remind us we ever existed. The earth is small. We're gone. We're dead. We're safe." -John Guare, Landscape of the Body

taylorPHENOMENON2 Profile Photo
taylorPHENOMENON2
#13Who's seeing COMPANY tonight?
Posted: 4/7/11 at 9:45am

I can not focus at work I am so excited.

thismyshow
#14Who's seeing COMPANY tonight?
Posted: 4/7/11 at 9:59am

seeing it tomorrow night from the 2nd tier, pretty excited :)

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#15Who's seeing COMPANY tonight?
Posted: 4/7/11 at 10:03am

Sadly, I'm not able to see it so I'm SO happy it will be filmed.

That said, if anyone goes and wants to "share" their "memories" of it, I'd love a link. :)

frogs_fan85 Profile Photo
frogs_fan85
#16Who's seeing COMPANY tonight?
Posted: 4/7/11 at 10:06am

I'll be there Saturday night.

broadwaybaby086
#17Who's seeing COMPANY tonight?
Posted: 4/7/11 at 10:10am

I read an article yesterday- I can't remember where- that said that at the time that this particular article was published, there were 14 tickets left for Thursday, and that the remaining three shows were completely sold out. I wondered while reading how quickly those 14 were snatched up.

"I'll cut you, Tracee Beazer!!!! ...Just kidding. I'd never cut anyone." -Tina Maddigan, 9/30/06, WS stage door
Avatar: JULIE "EFFING" WHITE, 2007 TONY WINNER. Thank God. I'm thinking about legally changing my name to Lizzie Curry...

Dawn Davenport Profile Photo
Dawn Davenport
#18Who's seeing COMPANY tonight?
Posted: 4/7/11 at 10:19am

I'm seeing the show twice--tomorrow night, way up front (paid a fortune, worth every penny) and I'll be up in the third tier with a friend of mine Saturday.

I've been bouncing off the walls with excitement since the NY Times article pic was posted here yesterday showing NPH and Plimpton rehearsing together.

Can't wait!!!!!

SonofMammaMiaSam Profile Photo
SonofMammaMiaSam
#19Who's seeing COMPANY tonight?
Posted: 4/7/11 at 10:44am

Tomorrow night, Orchestra S!

luvtheEmcee
#20Who's seeing COMPANY tonight?
Posted: 4/7/11 at 12:23pm

AC - the program notes say it's 2:45.

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#21Who's seeing COMPANY tonight?
Posted: 4/7/11 at 12:32pm

I hope it's the 95/96 book. I love when the show opens with the answering machine messages.

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#22Who's seeing COMPANY tonight?
Posted: 4/7/11 at 12:41pm

Seeing it Saturday, Orch. HH. I have been looking forward to this for a while.

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

Joey. Profile Photo
Joey.
#23Who's seeing COMPANY tonight?
Posted: 4/7/11 at 3:02pm

The boyfriend and I will be there at the matinee show on Saturday! Foaming at the mouth, the both of us. :)

Luv2goToShows
#24Who's seeing COMPANY tonight?
Posted: 4/7/11 at 3:48pm

So excited, going Saturday, side orchestra row D!