getting book of mormon tickets?

Inigomontoya
#1getting book of mormon tickets?
Posted: 7/18/11 at 8:26am

Hey all,
I'll be in New York for a week between August 16-23 and I really want to see BOM, but I understood that there are no seats except for premium or other very expensive ones, is it true, and where can I find a seat(SRO also an option) that won't be too expensive since?

Thanks,
Tal.

artscallion Profile Photo
artscallion
#2getting book of mormon tickets?
Posted: 7/18/11 at 8:43am

I had tickets for last week but had to cancel. In buying new tickets I was not able to find any tickets, premium, Amex or otherwise until 7/12. I was only checking Saturday Matinees. So I don't know if that holds true for other days. Your only chance may be lottery/cancellation line/standing room. Good luck!

Art has a double face, of expression and illusion.

lordtubbington
#2getting book of mormon tickets?
Posted: 7/18/11 at 10:54am

I am just dying to get tickets. I want to see this show really really badly.

BrodyFosse123 Profile Photo
BrodyFosse123
#3getting book of mormon tickets?
Posted: 7/18/11 at 10:58am

Unfortunately, unless you want to spend hours waiting in line at the box office the day of the performance you want to attend your only chance at getting tickets is basically those Premium seats. Those are available in plentiful virtually EVERY performance. American Express tickets are non-existent like regular priced tickets.

Sauja Profile Photo
Sauja
#4getting book of mormon tickets?
Posted: 7/18/11 at 11:22am

I was just checking to see how long it would be until the $69 seats were next available, and Telecharge offered me a few Friday matinee options in August. Oddly, they're not on any performance calendar. Are they accidentally selling tickets for shows that won't happen? Or might there be some matinees that are being added and just haven't actually been announced yet?

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#5getting book of mormon tickets?
Posted: 7/18/11 at 11:58am

Hm....can't tell you...I couldn't get the same thing to pop up for me. (Was Mormon one of the shows considering friday matinees for the summer? I know a few did, and then though better of it.)

Maybe a phone call to a CS rep?

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

theatreguy Profile Photo
theatreguy
#6getting book of mormon tickets?
Posted: 7/18/11 at 12:07pm

You have to check the year - those $69 tickets were for August of 2012.

dramamama611
#7getting book of mormon tickets?
Posted: 7/18/11 at 12:11pm

theatreguy is right....look at the calendar for next summer:
Friday matinees are scheduled starting in early June.

Are you willing to wait THAT long????

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

artscallion Profile Photo
artscallion
#8getting book of mormon tickets?
Posted: 7/18/11 at 12:13pm

"...those Premium seats. Those are available in plentiful virtually EVERY performance."

The first pair of premium seats that comes up isn't until 12/4/11.

Art has a double face, of expression and illusion.

Sauja Profile Photo
Sauja
#9getting book of mormon tickets?
Posted: 7/18/11 at 1:14pm

Holy crap. The $69 tickets are sold out a YEAR in advance? I knew it was doing well, but I didn't know it was doing that well. I wonder how many of those seats were bought up by scalpers. I was there on Friday night and the woman next to me (in the last row) had paid $200 per ticket for her seats with the understanding that they'd be orchestra seats.

I have to say, it made me feel okay about producers on this continuing to jack the prices up. If people are paying tons of money, I'm happier if more of it goes to the show than to scalpers.

dramamama611
#10getting book of mormon tickets?
Posted: 7/18/11 at 1:56pm

Well, there aren't very many of the cheap seats, and I daresay that most of them are likely purchased by students and others hthat have seen the show multiple times. (and scalpers)

Inigomontoya
#11getting book of mormon tickets?
Posted: 7/18/11 at 5:58pm

Ok, so if I'm ok with standing for ever in line, what should I do? Cancellation line, SRO, or lottery? I don't suppose I could try them all, what is better, and has reasonable chance that I'll get tickets for?

kdogg36 Profile Photo
kdogg36
#12getting book of mormon tickets?
Posted: 7/18/11 at 6:47pm

From what I've gathered, standing room is the way to go if you've got time to kill, because the view's not bad and you can almost guarantee success if you get there early enough.

From what I've heard, you can try the lottery while waiting in the standing room line, but you cannot do the cancellation line.

There were several threads that discussed Book of Mormon standing room - here's one.
BOM standing room

TJ2
#13getting book of mormon tickets?
Posted: 7/18/11 at 7:30pm

You may also be able to find seats if you check Telecharge as the performance approaches. A few weeks ago, I got 2 single orchestra seats on Friday for a Saturday matinee. They were great seats - Row K center and Row H side (but only 2 seats off the center aisle). They were full price... about $155, if I recall correctly.

OhTossums2 Profile Photo
OhTossums2
#14getting book of mormon tickets?
Posted: 7/18/11 at 7:34pm

SRO is the best option. I arrived to the theater at 8.30 for a Sunday matinee and got $27 SRO seats. It was a hell of a wait, but it was so worth it. The view is perfect!

Jealous? I ain't jealous. I can take on these fellas whateva.

Amalia Balash Profile Photo
Amalia Balash
#15getting book of mormon tickets?
Posted: 7/19/11 at 3:15pm

I recommend the last minute Telecharge option for those who don't want to or can't stand in line for hours, because I think the show's definitely worth a full-price ticket. House and premium seats may not get released at the last minute as often for BOM as some other shows, but it does occasionally happen. And when it does, the seats can't be beat.

ggersten Profile Photo
ggersten
#16getting book of mormon tickets?
Posted: 9/13/11 at 2:10pm

We'll try the telecharge - but since we're coming from out of town, we are willing, prepared (and able) to just buy tix from the secondary market - but am concerned about which site is trustworthy and reliable. Any suggestions? (Need tix for 10/8 show)

bradway
#17getting book of mormon tickets?
Posted: 9/13/11 at 4:49pm

STUBHUB is great!!

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#18getting book of mormon tickets?
Posted: 9/13/11 at 4:55pm

OP, did you see the show?

Just give the world Love.

aasjb4ever Profile Photo
aasjb4ever
#19getting book of mormon tickets?
Posted: 9/14/11 at 8:17am

I just did standing room a few weeks ago for a saturday matinee, my friend got there at 6 AM and was 4th in line. While on the SRO line, someone from the show comes down and passes out Lotto cards, so you can try lotto, even if you're guaranteed a ticket for standing room.

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#20getting book of mormon tickets?
Posted: 9/14/11 at 11:15am

I did standing room also. It was right after the Tony nominations came out. Stood for 3 hours then. People are like camping out now. I pass there a lot and it looks like on two show days they have two lines.

Just give the world Love.

HorseTears Profile Photo
HorseTears
#21getting book of mormon tickets?
Posted: 10/24/13 at 7:07am

Hey Kids - Mormon virgin here. Will be in NY starting tonight and in town for a week. Now I finally see why so many of you complain about Telecharge's website. What a pain. As is to be expected, there are only full price and premium tickets available right now. Anyone tried the lottery or the SRO tickets lately? Are the lines still crazy these days? How early do you recommend getting there for each option? Cheers!

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#22getting book of mormon tickets?
Posted: 10/24/13 at 7:57am

They're not so crazy anymore. They also start selling SRO right after they're done selling lotto now, instead of waiting an hour before curtain.

You could try to get there at 9:30 for a matinee and 2 or so for the evening. I haven't done SRO since August, though, so I'm not sure if my timing is wildly off now.

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

KathyNYC2
#23getting book of mormon tickets?
Posted: 10/24/13 at 7:58am

Me again. Lottery is ridiculous. Never seen anything but a huge crowd. Tried many MANY times without winning - finally broke down and got full price tickets. My son also tried and won on the 23rd time (he is more patient than I am obviously). I mean anyone could win but I wouldn't count on a good chance here.

SRO - don't know the details.

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#24getting book of mormon tickets?
Posted: 10/24/13 at 8:01am

I didn't win until my 40-somethingth try, and in about 100 tries I've won 3 times. You can never depend on lotto at BoM!

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

Videos