pixeltracker

New WICKED Cast Replacements this month and next?- Page 20

New WICKED Cast Replacements this month and next?

kylegfil_
#475New WICKED Cast Replacements this month and next?
Posted: 2/26/20 at 5:20pm

@Luminaire2: 
I honestly feel like this almost always the case with new Elphaba's on their first show. People generally find their Wizard and I / Defying Gravity not quite there but good, and then No Good Dead to be AMAZING. I think that first show takes until about No Good Deed for them to feel confident haha.

Yes - especially with Hannah and now Lindsay who are brand new. With Emily Rogers last winter, it was a similar situation.  Before that, the only debuts I had seen were by people who had previously played the role and therefore it was kind of in their body already.  I have really high hopes for Lindsay.

Also, she brought back the Julia Murney 'deserves' in Defying Gravity and it was glorious.  Hope she keeps it.

Tanya 4 Profile Photo
Tanya 4
#476New WICKED Cast Replacements this month and next?
Posted: 2/28/20 at 11:10am

steven22 said: "copathetiic said: "Anyone know what’s going on with Ginna Claire? Brittany Johnson just posted that she’s gonna be on for Glinda for almost every show between March 3rd and March 26th"

Brittney is an excelling Glinda. I haven't seen GIna Claire but I hope she's okay. I guess the new understudy will get some Glinda dates!
"

Ginna Claire shares yesterday on social media she’s getting a new bubble dress so I don’t believe she’s leaving the show for a while (YAY!!) . Does anyone know how often the bubble dresses are created for the Broadway Glinda’s? 

Det95
#477New WICKED Cast Replacements this month and next?
Posted: 2/28/20 at 11:42am

kylegfil_ said: Also, she brought back the Julia Murney 'deserves' in Defying Gravity and it was glorious. Hope she keeps it."

What do you mean by that? I'm curious.

Miles2Go2 Profile Photo
Miles2Go2
#478New WICKED Cast Replacements this month and next?
Posted: 2/29/20 at 10:40pm

Det95 said: "kylegfil_ said: Also, she brought back the Julia Murney 'deserves' in Defying Gravity and it was glorious. Hope she keeps it."

What do you mean by that? I'm curious.
"

Yes. I’m glad I’m not the only one who didn’t understand that statement. Very curious. 

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#479New WICKED Cast Replacements this month and next?
Posted: 3/1/20 at 10:10am

Julia murney would just do a very specific riff on “deserves” during defying gravity. Ain’t that deep, but it’s a pretty amazing riff.

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#480New WICKED Cast Replacements this month and next?
Posted: 3/1/20 at 11:56am

Ginna Claire had a fitting for a new bubble dress, so I can’t see her leaving the show anytime soon.

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

treblemakerz Profile Photo
treblemakerz
#481New WICKED Cast Replacements this month and next?
Posted: 3/1/20 at 11:58am

Ginna Claire is sticking around for a bit, but she's filming something this month, thus the few weeks of absence.

JustinLovesSideShow
#482New WICKED Cast Replacements this month and next?
Posted: 3/1/20 at 1:25pm

So like are Lindsay and Sam sick? Or are they just not doing matinees?

hamiltonstradition
#483New WICKED Cast Replacements this month and next?
Posted: 3/1/20 at 1:50pm

JustinLovesSideShow said: "So like are Lindsay and Sam sick? Or are they just not doing matinees?"

It's their first week, I'm sure they're just settling into the role (Especialy Lindsay). It now makes sense that Jenny DiNoia is the current standby, she has proved herself as a reliable cover for over a decade at this point.

kylegfil_
#484New WICKED Cast Replacements this month and next?
Posted: 3/5/20 at 3:13pm

re: Julia Murney's 'deserves' it's just a very specific phrasing on that word that I loved when she did that I haven't really heard anyone else do since.  No big deal :)

Does anyone else know what's going on w/ Lindsay and Sam?  Lindsay did her first four shows and I believe has been out since.  I know Dan Gleason was on all weekend.  Everyone ok? lol.

ClumsyDude15 Profile Photo
ClumsyDude15
#485New WICKED Cast Replacements this month and next?
Posted: 3/5/20 at 3:17pm

I saw the show last night and Lindsay was out (Jenny was wonderful) but Sam was back in the show. 

Per social media, it seems Lindsay had mentioned the other day on her Instagram story about x-rays while Sam had mentioned he had a cold but was back for both performances yesterday. 

"Anybody that goes to the theater, I think we’re all misfits, so we ended up on stage or in the audience.” --- Patti LuPone.
Updated On: 3/5/20 at 03:17 PM

WldKingdomHM Profile Photo
WldKingdomHM
#486New WICKED Cast Replacements this month and next?
Posted: 3/5/20 at 3:22pm

Was at the show last night also, disappointed Lindsay wasn't on, but Jenny did a great job. 

The audience was on fire. Thought Sam was "ok", but the star of the night was Alexandra. She was absolutely amazing, and it was nice to see a fresh take on the role. 

JustinLovesSideShow
#487New WICKED Cast Replacements this month and next?
Posted: 3/7/20 at 3:04pm

She’s back tonight

hayleyann
#488New WICKED Cast Replacements this month and next?
Posted: 8/11/21 at 12:18pm

Is Shoba Narayan not returning as Nessarose?  Oz.Fandom.com site has updated the current Broadway cast section with "To Be Announced as Nessarose"  and in the cast changes section "TBA will replace Shoba Narayan as Nessarose on Sept. 14".

BCfitasafiddle
#489New WICKED Cast Replacements this month and next?
Posted: 8/11/21 at 12:19pm

hayleyann said: "Is Shoba Narayan not returning as Nessarose? Oz.Fandom.com site has updated the current Broadway cast section with "To Be Announced as Nessarose" and in the cast changes section "TBA will replace Shoba Narayan as Nessarose on Sept. 14"."

Shoba Narayan is the new Princess Jasmine in Aladdin on Broadway.

hayleyann
#490New WICKED Cast Replacements this month and next?
Posted: 8/11/21 at 1:51pm

BCfitasafiddle said: "hayleyann said: "Is Shoba Narayan not returning as Nessarose? Oz.Fandom.com site has updated the current Broadway cast section with "To Be Announced as Nessarose" and in the cast changes section "TBA will replace Shoba Narayan as Nessarose on Sept. 14"."

"

Oh wow ok.  Totally missed that announcement.  Congrats to her!

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#491New WICKED Cast Replacements this month and next?
Posted: 8/11/21 at 1:54pm

Has any cast been announced for reopening yet?

ClumsyDude15
#492New WICKED Cast Replacements this month and next?
Posted: 8/11/21 at 2:29pm

Jordan Catalano said: "Has any cast been announced for reopening yet?"

Not officially but Lindsay, Sam, Riley Costello (Boq), and Alexandra Billings have all stated in their social media that they're returning and mentioned rehearsals starting. 

I'll be interested to see if there are any other departures along with Shoba (who I'm so excited to see in Aladdin). 

"Anybody that goes to the theater, I think we’re all misfits, so we ended up on stage or in the audience.” --- Patti LuPone.
Updated On: 8/11/21 at 02:29 PM

Hairspray0901
#493New WICKED Cast Replacements this month and next?
Posted: 8/11/21 at 2:36pm

Lindsay Northen will be returning to the ensemble!

Updated On: 8/11/21 at 02:36 PM

steven22 Profile Photo
steven22
#494New WICKED Cast Replacements this month and next?
Posted: 8/11/21 at 2:44pm

Will Brittney Johnson be playing Glinda full time? She was fantastic when I saw her as Glinda a few years ago.

ClumsyDude15
#495New WICKED Cast Replacements this month and next?
Posted: 8/11/21 at 2:49pm

steven22 said: "Will Brittney Johnson be playing Glinda full time? She was fantastic when I saw her as Glinda a few years ago."

From your mouth to David Stone's ears, friend. 

Brittney's Glinda (as you can tell from my icon, I'm a bit biased) is simply perfection. Her Thank Goodness is a masterclass and stands shoulder to shoulder with incredible Glinda's before her like Katie Rose Clarke. 

cookie17
#496New WICKED Cast Replacements this month and next?
Posted: 8/11/21 at 4:53pm

I’ve seen Ginna Claire as Glinda and I would love to see her again. Is there any chance she’s coming back? I have my doubts since she just had a baby a few months ago and she hasn’t posted anything on her Instagram.

kade.ivy Profile Photo
kade.ivy
#497New WICKED Cast Replacements this month and next?
Posted: 8/11/21 at 7:53pm

GC in a recent IG story (obviously not available now) discussed rehearsals starting in a month (at that time). So I assume she’s returning.

alex814
#498New WICKED Cast Replacements this month and next?
Posted: 8/11/21 at 7:56pm

BCfitasafiddle said: "hayleyann said: "Is Shoba Narayan not returning as Nessarose? Oz.Fandom.com site has updated the current Broadway cast section with "To Be Announced as Nessarose" and in the cast changes section "TBA will replace Shoba Narayan as Nessarose on Sept. 14"."

"

I’d love to see Krystina Alabado as Nessa

James Kerrigan2
#499New WICKED Cast Replacements this month and next?
Posted: 8/14/21 at 9:30pm

I hope Talia and Allison will be with the Wicked National Tour for a while. Wonder when we will get additional tour dates for 2022 and 2023. The Tour will be stopping in both Orlando and Miami in 2023 so it would be likely that the Tour will also return to Tampa as well. 

Videos