pixeltracker

NBC's SMASH - Series & Broadway Adaptation Thread- Page 97

NBC's SMASH - Series & Broadway Adaptation Thread

Zeppie2022
#2400Smash -- Series Discussion
Posted: 3/23/23 at 5:42pm

"The script shouldn’t dwell on any of these things, but we deserve our Easter eggs such as Julia’s scarves, Frank’s salad chopping, “I’m in Tech”, “I love church” etc etc etc."

I am willing to let you have everything you want with the exception of the "I'm in Tech" line which was so incredibly lame.

Zeppie2022
#2401Smash -- Series Discussion
Posted: 3/23/23 at 5:51pm

"Agreed, Smash is a corpse. Let it RIP"

Actually, it had some great original songs and with some trimming of the storyline could have been very good TV series. If done correctly, the show has some possibilities to be enjoyable night out at the theatre. BTW - the TV show was basically an All-Star Broadway cast with people like Megan Hilty, Leslie Odoms Jr, Krysta Rodriguesz Christian Borle, Will Chase and Katharine McPhee. That was just the people in Season One, the next season had even more Broadway stars. 

jacobsnchz14 Profile Photo
jacobsnchz14
#2402Smash -- Series Discussion
Posted: 1/4/24 at 10:57am

📸 Look at this post on Facebook https://variety.com/2024/legit/news/smash-broadway-musical-workshop-1235860091/?

DaveyG
#2403Smash -- Series Discussion
Posted: 1/4/24 at 12:31pm

Where’s Bonnie Milligan? I heard she was amazing in the last workshop!

singer234
#2404Smash -- Series Discussion
Posted: 1/4/24 at 12:33pm

I’m guessing the two Marilyns are Robyn and Jonalyn? Unless Krysta is taking on the Karen role.

EDSOSLO858 Profile Photo
EDSOSLO858
#2405Smash -- Series Discussion
Posted: 1/4/24 at 12:35pm

singer234 said: "I’m guessing the two Marilyns are Robyn and Jonalyn? Unless Krysta is taking on the Karen role."

Jonalyn posted the BWW headline on her Instagram story and commented, “Adding another Karen to my resume.”

On another note, it’s always great to see Casey Garvin booking shows!

Oh look, a bibu!

hearthemsing22
#2406Smash -- Series Discussion
Posted: 1/4/24 at 1:18pm

DaveyG said: "Where’s Bonnie Milligan? I heard she was amazing in the last workshop!"

Shows go through so many iterations before reaching a stage. Just because she was involved with the workshop doesn't mean she would be able to continue, or she wasn't asked back. It happens. 

jacobsnchz14
#2407Smash -- Series Discussion
Posted: 1/4/24 at 3:32pm

hearthemsing22 said: "DaveyG said: "Where’s Bonnie Milligan? I heard she was amazing in the last workshop!"

Shows go through so many iterations before reaching a stage. Just because she was involved with the workshop doesn't mean she would be able to continue, or she wasn't asked back. It happens.
"

She could be workshopping something else at the moment. This isn't tea, it's actually a hypothetical. lol.

Updated On: 1/4/24 at 03:32 PM

GiantsInTheSky2 Profile Photo
GiantsInTheSky2
#2408Smash -- Series Discussion
Posted: 1/4/24 at 4:39pm

Confirmed for the Belasco, 2025.

I am big. It’s the REVIVALS that got small.

BoringBoredBoard40
#2409Smash -- Series Discussion
Posted: 1/4/24 at 4:55pm

I am super curious about Yvette Nicole Brown being involved with this as she doesn't really have much of a theater background let alone musicals.

JSquared2
#2410Smash -- Series Discussion
Posted: 1/4/24 at 5:01pm

GiantsInTheSky2 said: "Confirmed for the Belasco, 2025."

Wrong.

hearthemsing22
#2411Smash -- Series Discussion
Posted: 1/4/24 at 5:29pm

GiantsInTheSky2 said: "Confirmed for the Belasco, 2025."

Who do you know who confirmed this?? How do y'all know all of this? It's not obvious 

nativenewyorker2
#2412Smash -- Series Discussion
Posted: 1/4/24 at 6:19pm

Isn’t the Belasco where the fictional Bombshell played in the show?

jacobsnchz14
#2413Smash -- Series Discussion
Posted: 1/4/24 at 9:24pm

nativenewyorker2 said: "Isn’t the Belasco where the fictional Bombshell played in the show?"

It played at the fictitious Lily Hayes Theatre and they used the facade of the Lyceum.

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
everythingtaboo Profile Photo
everythingtaboo
#2415Smash -- Series Discussion
Posted: 2/11/24 at 10:53am

DaveyG said: "Where’s Bonnie Milligan? I heard she was amazing in the last workshop!"

It's a pretty big commitment right now when her current show is closing, maybe she's focusing on those last few months of shows and working on other things when shorter time commitments.

"Hey little girls, look at all the men in shiny shirts and no wives!" - Jackie Hoffman, Xanadu, 19 Feb 2008

BrodyFosse123 Profile Photo
BrodyFosse123
#2416Smash -- Series Discussion
Posted: 2/11/24 at 11:18am

Smash -- Series Discussion

quizking101 Profile Photo
quizking101
#2418Smash -- Series Discussion
Posted: 3/21/24 at 12:20pm

KevinKlawitter said: "Jennifer Hudson joins as Producer; Show aiming for Spring 2025 opening on Broadway "

I see she’s taking the cheater’s way to another possible Tony. 

Check out my eBay page for sales on Playbills!! www.ebay.com/usr/missvirginiahamm

everythingtaboo Profile Photo
everythingtaboo
#2419Smash -- Series Discussion
Posted: 3/21/24 at 2:06pm

KevinKlawitter said: "Jennifer Hudson joins as Producer; Show aiming for Spring 2025 opening on Broadway "

How exciting for nobody.

"Hey little girls, look at all the men in shiny shirts and no wives!" - Jackie Hoffman, Xanadu, 19 Feb 2008

BETTY22
#2420Smash -- Series Discussion
Posted: 3/21/24 at 4:05pm

With a few exceptions - Oprah and possibility Hillary Clinton - I'm not sure these star producers make any difference. 

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#2421Smash -- Series Discussion
Posted: 3/21/24 at 4:18pm

quizking101 said: "KevinKlawitter said: "Jennifer Hudson joins as Producer; Show aiming for Spring 2025 opening on Broadway "

"

Or maybe she wants to support the musical since she was in the second season of  the TV series.

Just give the world Love.

quizking101 Profile Photo
quizking101
#2422Smash -- Series Discussion
Posted: 3/21/24 at 4:27pm

uncageg said: "quizking101 said: "KevinKlawitter said: "Jennifer Hudson joins as Producer; Show aiming for Spring 2025 opening on Broadway "

"

Oooooh. Three whole episodes

Or maybe she wants to support the musical since she was in the second season of the TV series.

"

Check out my eBay page for sales on Playbills!! www.ebay.com/usr/missvirginiahamm

JSquared2
#2423Smash -- Series Discussion
Posted: 3/21/24 at 4:30pm

quizking101 said: "uncageg said: "quizking101 said: "KevinKlawitter said: "Jennifer Hudson joins as Producer; Show aiming for Spring 2025 opening on Broadway "

"

Or maybe she wants to support the musical since she was in the second season of the TV series.

Oooooh. Three whole episodes

What's your beef with her?  Did she refuse to sign your playbill at Color Purple or something??

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#2424Smash -- Series Discussion
Posted: 3/21/24 at 4:38pm

Hudson is hardly the first or only person to get a Tony this way.

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."