pixeltracker

WAR HORSE To Take The St. James Theatre- Page 2

WAR HORSE To Take The St. James Theatre

keb2 Profile Photo
keb2
#25WAR HORSE To Take The St. James Theatre
Posted: 5/10/12 at 2:41am

If War Horse vacating the Vivian Beaumont means by some random chance that the Arena Stage production of Oklahoma! could transfer to Broadway, I would be so happy. It was one of the best shows I've ever seen, and I'd love to see it on Broadway. Truly a revival done right.

I don't know if they'll be able to find the investors, though, or how the Beaumont works in terms of its affiliation with LCT, but if everything worked out, that would be marvelous. That production works so well in the round, but I think Circle in the Square would feel too small for it, and I think it would adapt well to the Vivian Beaumont.

mybestaudition
#26WAR HORSE To Take The St. James Theatre
Posted: 5/10/12 at 2:53am

This is false. It is true that War Horse is looking at the Herschfield, but St. James is already promised (a.k.a. the check has been turned in) to another show.

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#27WAR HORSE To Take The St. James Theatre
Posted: 5/10/12 at 3:05am

Well, what show?

PlayItAgain
#28WAR HORSE To Take The St. James Theatre
Posted: 5/10/12 at 3:29am

Apparently, Bring It On!

AADA81 Profile Photo
AADA81
#29WAR HORSE To Take The St. James Theatre
Posted: 5/10/12 at 3:58am

If "War Horse" switches to a proscenium stage I'm sure they'll find a way to make it work. I saw the "Spelling Bee..." tour in Boston after having seen it twice on Broadway. While I did prefer Circle in the Square, it worked just fine with some minor adjustments on a different stage.

Just a question...was the Speilberg movie that much like the show? I heard that it was based on the same true story but not on the play...kind of like the movie "The Elephant Man" back in 1980, which came out right after the show won a Tony.

bdn223 Profile Photo
bdn223
#30WAR HORSE To Take The St. James Theatre
Posted: 5/10/12 at 7:59am

yes they are similar...but the point of the play is not the plot its the puppets....which to quote my film professor is why the film didn't work because the plot is crappy, but the puppets make it 1000x better

devonian.t Profile Photo
devonian.t
#31WAR HORSE To Take The St. James Theatre
Posted: 5/10/12 at 8:07am

The international Warhorse tour is re-designed for pros staging.

showinoff Profile Photo
showinoff
#32WAR HORSE To Take The St. James Theatre
Posted: 5/10/12 at 9:04am

@playitagain I heard the same thing.

<< Gavin Creel and Kate Baldwin making vocal love... I adore these two.

AC126748 Profile Photo
AC126748
#33WAR HORSE To Take The St. James Theatre
Posted: 5/10/12 at 9:28am

If War Horse vacating the Vivian Beaumont means by some random chance that the Arena Stage production of Oklahoma! could transfer to Broadway, I would be so happy.

Wrong R&H show. War Horse is vacating The Beaumont to make way for a revival of The King and I with Kelli O'Hara.
Link

"You travel alone because other people are only there to remind you how much that hook hurts that we all bit down on. Wait for that one day we can bite free and get back out there in space where we belong, sail back over water, over skies, into space, the hook finally out of our mouths and we wander back out there in space spawning to other planets never to return hurrah to earth and we'll look back and can't even see these lives here anymore. Only the taste of blood to remind us we ever existed. The earth is small. We're gone. We're dead. We're safe." -John Guare, Landscape of the Body

keb2 Profile Photo
keb2
#34WAR HORSE To Take The St. James Theatre
Posted: 5/10/12 at 12:29pm

aw shucks. Well, I have no insider information, just wishful thinking!

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#35WAR HORSE To Take The St. James Theatre
Posted: 5/10/12 at 1:48pm

I've heard good word that the Arena Oklahoma would only come to NYC if it could have the Circle in the Square, as that is how it is presented in DC. So, if/when Godspell closes, perhaps it will come in after that.

And Bring it On at the St. James? Hm.... Not sure how I feel about that.

ucjrdude902 Profile Photo
ucjrdude902
#36WAR HORSE To Take The St. James Theatre
Posted: 5/11/12 at 11:25pm

This could be far fetched, but I heard that Bring It On is moving in and moving in quick to NYC and hoping to run for a limited time from July(ish) to New Years Eve.

Bwaydide92
#37WAR HORSE To Take The St. James Theatre
Posted: 5/17/12 at 9:51pm

I find it odd that How to Succeed's ads on broadway.com say that it MUST end May 20th. As if it's being forced out. I know the sales have been pretty bad, but MUST has some force. Maybe War Horse really is taking the theatre.

WiCkEDrOcKS Profile Photo
WiCkEDrOcKS
#38WAR HORSE To Take The St. James Theatre
Posted: 5/17/12 at 9:56pm

The fact that the ads say "must end" has nothing to do with another show taking the theater. They're saying "must end" to get people to buy tickets. Regardless of whether or not WAR HORSE takes the Al Hirschfeld, the "must end" ads have nothing to do with it.

CapnHook Profile Photo
CapnHook
#39WAR HORSE To Take The St. James Theatre
Posted: 5/17/12 at 10:22pm

Pick-a-little talk-a-little post-a-little chat-a-little cheap cheap cheap talk-a-lot, post-a-little-more.

Can someone please do that song and "Rumor Has It" as a mash-up?

SO many meetings about SO many possibilities. After this spring's giant cluster of shows occupying almost all of Broadway's 40 theaters, producers aren't wasting any time trying to nab the best houses for this summer/fall.

That's why VIRGINIA WOOLF? and more very-soon-to-be-announced shows are announcing their Broadway engagements. Generating buzz will put slight pressure on the Shuberts, Nederlanders, and Jujamcyn clans to give them the theater they want.

If I had a time machine, I'd go back and tell my great grandparents to invest in real estate. BROADWAY THEATRE real estate.

"The Spectacle has, indeed, an emotional attraction of its own, but, of all the parts, it is the least artistic, and connected least with the art of poetry. For the power of Tragedy, we may be sure, is felt even apart from representation and actors. Besides, the production of spectacular effects depends more on the art of the stage machinist than on that of the poet."
--Aristotle

Dollypop
#40WAR HORSE To Take The St. James Theatre
Posted: 5/17/12 at 10:26pm

The Herschfeld stage has adapted itself to a thrust stage before. When MAN OF LA MANCHA played there, the stage was built out over the first few rows of the orchestra. It worked fine.

"Long live God!" (GODSPELL)

mmh1019 Profile Photo
mmh1019
#41WAR HORSE To Take The St. James Theatre
Posted: 5/17/12 at 10:53pm

@CapnHook same!! my family was in the textile business (sails for clipper ships & the Barnum & Bailey big top) but I totally would have told them to do some investing in a broadway theater!

ucjrdude902
#42WAR HORSE To Take The St. James Theatre
Posted: 5/17/12 at 11:25pm

I heard whispers that War Horse was going to the St.James but couldn't move as fast as "needed" so BIO got it.

bdn223 Profile Photo
bdn223
#43WAR HORSE To Take The St. James Theatre
Posted: 5/17/12 at 11:31pm

It is still possible though cuz bio is a limited run and War Horse is selling fix at the BOUMONT till about a month after bio is sched to close no matter what the move wasn't going to happen like that it would make sense if they waited till right before Christmas to ensure that people know that they moved

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#44WAR HORSE To Take The St. James Theatre
Posted: 5/17/12 at 11:35pm

I would think if Bring It On proves popular it will turn into an open-ended run.

ucjrdude902
#45WAR HORSE To Take The St. James Theatre
Posted: 5/17/12 at 11:40pm

I don't see it being THAT popular.

bdn223 Profile Photo
bdn223
#46WAR HORSE To Take The St. James Theatre
Posted: 5/17/12 at 11:56pm

It is still possible though cuz bio is a limited run and War Horse is selling fix at the BOUMONT till about a month after bio is sched to close no matter what the move wasn't going to happen like that it would make sense if they waited till right before Christmas to ensure that people know that they moved

mybestaudition
#47WAR HORSE To Take The St. James Theatre
Posted: 5/18/12 at 3:18am

Bring It On only has the theatre until Oct. 2. A Christmas Story is trying to get it for the holiday season. So if War Horse is really moving in to the St. James, it won't be until 2013.

Quiche2 Profile Photo
Quiche2
#48WAR HORSE To Take The St. James Theatre
Posted: 9/5/12 at 8:16am

Lol, no. They be closin'.

Theatre is my life. No one can take that away from me.

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#49WAR HORSE To Take The St. James Theatre
Posted: 9/5/12 at 9:32am

O.......K.

Latest Posts