Having second thoughts...

krcasteel1986
#1Having second thoughts...
Posted: 5/10/12 at 1:55pm

Was planning to see Priscilla, Evita, Sister Act, Spiderman, Ghost, Rock of Ages, and Wicked.. now I really want to see Newsies too, after hearing raving reviews on it, which means I would have to delete a show. Which show should I drop? Is Newsies worth it?

Thanks!

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#2Having second thoughts...
Posted: 5/10/12 at 2:01pm

Drop Spider-Man.

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

ChildrenwillListen
#2Having second thoughts...
Posted: 5/10/12 at 2:20pm

Yeah seriously get rid of Spiderman. Not worth risking your life

tazber Profile Photo
tazber
#3Having second thoughts...
Posted: 5/10/12 at 2:22pm

Spider Man or Ghost.

....but the world goes 'round

Mister Matt Profile Photo
Mister Matt
#4Having second thoughts...
Posted: 5/10/12 at 4:01pm

Personally, I'd drop Priscilla.

"What can you expect from a bunch of seitan worshippers?" - Reginald Tresilian

gfaustswa Profile Photo
gfaustswa
#5Having second thoughts...
Posted: 5/10/12 at 4:31pm

I really enjoyed Spiderman....thought it was very entertaining and high energy. Can't really help you in the "which show to drop" department, but I would think twice about dropping Spiderman. I went in with low expectations, but left impressed.

krcasteel1986
#6Having second thoughts...
Posted: 5/10/12 at 4:35pm

I'm thinking of dropping Priscilla.... it's coming to my area next Spring on tour... I can see it then. However, Nick Adams won't be on the tour Having second thoughts... I saw that Priscilla isn't even doing well... wonder if it will even be there in July.

tamra2
#7Having second thoughts...
Posted: 5/10/12 at 4:45pm

drop spiderman or sister act

spiderman is one of the worst shows i have had the misfortune to sit through

sister act is also not worth time. I am not a religious person at all and I actully found some of the show to be way too over the top and offensive.

Priscilla is just a fun show! I personally think it is one of my favorites currently on broadway, after Godspell of course!

CarlosAlberto Profile Photo
CarlosAlberto
#8Having second thoughts...
Posted: 5/10/12 at 4:48pm

Drop Spider-Man. All the other shows are very good and very much recommended.

bwayphreak234 Profile Photo
bwayphreak234
#9Having second thoughts...
Posted: 5/10/12 at 8:28pm

I would not drop spider-man. Rock of Ages or Wicked. While Spider-Man is not perfect, I still really enjoyed it and loved the special effects.

"There’s nothing quite like the power and the passion of Broadway music. "

CATSNYrevival Profile Photo
CATSNYrevival
#10Having second thoughts...
Posted: 5/10/12 at 8:38pm

Drop Rock of Ages and go see the movie instead.

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#11Having second thoughts...
Posted: 5/11/12 at 12:39am

"sister act is also not worth time. I am not a religious person at all and I actully found some of the show to be way too over the top and offensive.

Priscilla is just a fun show! I personally think it is one of my favorites currently on broadway, after Godspell of course!"

You found the religious themes in Sister Act offensive, but you loved Godspell? Godspell is just basically reading the Bible with some songs thrown in.

Matt2 Profile Photo
Matt2
#12Having second thoughts...
Posted: 5/11/12 at 1:17am

Well, krcasteel1986, what really is your preference? I mean, when you go to the theatre, what's most important to you and what do you want most out of a show? Is spectacle high on your list, or must-see performances, or is there a certain genre/style of music you particularly enjoy? One or any of these factors would help determine what show YOU want to see.

My Oh My Profile Photo
My Oh My
#13Having second thoughts...
Posted: 5/11/12 at 5:21am

Go see the show that values musicians and still has a decent array of human ones in that hole in the ground otherwise known as the orchestra pit where, incidentally, the music of a musical is born and delivered fresh night after night...JUST FOR YOU.

Recreation of original John Cameron orchestration to "On My Own" by yours truly. Click player below to hear.
Updated On: 5/11/12 at 05:21 AM

ClumsyDude15 Profile Photo
ClumsyDude15
#14Having second thoughts...
Posted: 5/11/12 at 5:53am

Drop Rock of Ages.

I haven't seen Spider-Man, but I'm sure it'd be interesting just to see what all the fuss is about, and Rock of Ages is a trashy good time, but I'd say out of all of them - it's the one you're not missing out on anything losing.

"Anybody that goes to the theater, I think we’re all misfits, so we ended up on stage or in the audience.” --- Patti LuPone.

Skip2 Profile Photo
Skip2
#15Having second thoughts...
Posted: 5/11/12 at 6:19am

Do NOT drop Spider Man. Special effects are amazing. Sure show isn't perfect but there's solid, thrilling moments you'll never again see on Broadway.

I'd drop either Priscilla (see the movie) or Sister Act (movie is not a "musical" but much better).

Broadway Joe Profile Photo
Broadway Joe
#16Having second thoughts...
Posted: 5/11/12 at 9:10am

I'd drop Godspell. Mainly because I just thought it was rather boring.

hanabana
#17Having second thoughts...
Posted: 5/15/12 at 1:01am

I wouldn't drop Spiderman either. I love broadway musicals and enjoy shows such as Phantom of the Opera, Chicago, Les Miserables, etc. However, I thoroughly enjoyed seeing Spiderman too. True, it is not classic broadway, but that makes it kind of interesting. I thought the sets and stunts were pretty cool. And even though I agree with some that the music isn't all great, I actually found quite a few songs to be memorable. I'd suggest you keep Spiderman and of course, Wicked.

As for Newsies, I have not seen it yet. But from what I have heard and upon seeing some of their performances on TV, I'd say that it has a lot of energy, and the choreograph looks great. So if you like to see dancing, then I'd say Newsies would definitely be worth it for you. I hope you enjoy the shows you choose!

OKBroadwayFan Profile Photo
OKBroadwayFan
#18Having second thoughts...
Posted: 5/15/12 at 8:12pm

Drop Rock of Ages or Sister Act. Priscilla is great!

Jane2 Profile Photo
Jane2
#19Having second thoughts...
Posted: 5/15/12 at 8:24pm

If you want to be certain that you'll have a good time, go see Rock of Ages. There's no gambling involved. (but there is some drinking) rimshot!

<-----I'M TOTES ROLLING MY EYES

krcasteel1986
#20Having second thoughts...
Posted: 5/15/12 at 9:20pm

Well, actually, since Priscilla has a sunday night performance I am able to see them all. My schedule is as follows: Sunday- Sister Act 3 pm/ Priscilla, Monday- Rock of Ages, Tuesday- Spiderman, Wed- Newsies/Ghost, Thurs- Evita, Fri- Wicked :) Kinda bummed that 'Bring it On" is coming now.. but it will still be in previews when I am there.

Playbilly Profile Photo
Playbilly
#21Having second thoughts...
Posted: 5/15/12 at 9:31pm

Wonder what songs you'll be humming on the way home.

"Through The Sacrifice You Made, We Can't Believe The Price You Paid..For Love!"

felix5
#22Having second thoughts...
Posted: 5/15/12 at 11:31pm

Drop Priscilla. If you want to hear it's Raining Men again, watch reruns of In Living Color

Videos