Disney's 'Frozen'

BwayGeek2 Profile Photo
BwayGeek2
#325Disney's FROZEN
Posted: 12/18/13 at 5:34pm

I absolutely loved this! The music was fabulous! Truly, a wonderful film.

beautywickedlover
#326Disney's FROZEN
Posted: 12/20/13 at 4:49pm

I went to see it again today and I enjoyed it just as much as the first time I saw it. Jonathon Groff's voice acting was even better than I remembered. I have to say that Kristoff's warning to Anna about strangers is indeed very important. Someone you just met cannot always be the person who is meant for you. It was great fortune to Snow White, Cinderella, Aurora, and Ariel that the princes they first laid eyes on had good hearts when they did not know anything about them. That is what was so good about the relationship between Anna and her lover, Belle and the Beast, Aladdin and Jasmine, Mulan and Shang, Tiana and Naveen, and Rapunzel and Eugene. Those relationships developed over time. The two relationships Pocahontas had developed over time as well.

SporkGoddess
#327Disney's FROZEN
Posted: 12/21/13 at 11:44am

They said in an interview that they've got a big ballad on their computer waiting for Kristoff (Jonathan Groff's character) that was cut due to time issues but was meant to be sung when SPOILER he decides to go back because he realizes he's in love with Anna END SPOILER. I'm sure we'll get to hear it one day.

Funny, I actually thought that was the moment that really needed a song. Wish they could have cut something else.

Jimmy, what are you doing here in the middle of the night? It's almost 9 PM!
Updated On: 12/21/13 at 11:44 AM

HBP Profile Photo
HBP
#328Disney's FROZEN
Posted: 12/21/13 at 12:54pm

beautywickedlover - I actually just happened on some clips of recording sessions on youtube, and in Jonathan Groff's, it seems like he said the line once and it was done. He even seemed a little surprised the director/producer liked it.

trentsketch Profile Photo
trentsketch
#329Disney's FROZEN
Posted: 12/21/13 at 4:29pm

Finally got to see Frozen today and loved it. Great score, great style, and a great story. Easily my favorite Disney film since The Little Mermaid. Easily. That's not to downplay Tangled or The Princess Frog. Those were fun films, but Frozen really felt like something special.

I can't think of the last time the goofy sidekick in an animated film didn't make me want to drive nails in my ears; this one had the moose and Olaf and I liked them both.

beautywickedlover
#330Disney's FROZEN
Posted: 12/23/13 at 11:50pm

Here is an article from Variety about how the movie became the biggest surprise of the holiday box office.

How ‘Frozen’ Became This Year’s Biggest Holiday B.O. Surprise

bwayobsessed
#331Disney's FROZEN
Posted: 12/30/13 at 11:10am

I thought the movie was very very good overall. The only complaint I have is that I feel through "Let it Go" it seemed like the plot was very rushed. I would have preferred if they took it a little slower because after that song I thought it was amazing. If the show is ever adapted for the stage (and I hope it is) the plot in the beginning will be developed further. I also loved that they kept family at the center of the film rather than making romantic love the conqueror as it always is.

BroadwayGuy12 Profile Photo
BroadwayGuy12
#332Disney's FROZEN
Posted: 12/30/13 at 11:17am

I found this interesting and thought I'd share for those who haven't seen it:

http://io9.com/this-musical-reprise-could-have-made-frozen-even-better-1490660338

ETA: The link includes spoilers! Updated On: 12/30/13 at 11:17 AM

brldisteach2
#333Disney's FROZEN
Posted: 12/30/13 at 12:46pm

Love the suggested reprise too! I would love to see Frozen come to the stage. Bobby and Kristen Anderson Lopez make a fantastic composing team.

WiCkEDrOcKS Profile Photo
WiCkEDrOcKS
#334Disney's FROZEN
Posted: 12/30/13 at 1:00pm

Saw this a couple weeks ago and enjoyed it a lot. I don't know if I loved it, but I liked it a lot more than TANGLED, which I thought was good but way overrated. I liked the plot twists, I liked the characters, and the music is pleasing (even if "Let It Go" is the only song that really sticks its landing). I wasn't blown away, but I definitely liked it quite a bit. The animation was stunning, no doubt about it. But I'd be lying if a liiiiiittle part of me wasn't yearning for the old 2D, hand-drawn Disney animation. They managed to pull it off so beautifully in THE PRINCESS AND THE FROG and I think it would've been nice to see employed again here, but the CG animation was very impressive, nonetheless. Updated On: 12/30/13 at 01:00 PM

CarlosAlberto Profile Photo
CarlosAlberto
#335Disney's FROZEN
Posted: 12/30/13 at 1:24pm

I have yet to see this and I'm afraid I'm going to have to go it alone because my boyfriend only likes only dramas, action-adventure or comedy flicks. He doesn't particularly warm up to animated films or musicals, which sucks for me because I love them.

Hmmm...maybe it's time to re-think this relationship...LoL

Anywho, I have the soundtrack and it's easily my favorite one released this season. Wonderful, wonderful songs and artists. I got the Deluxe Edition on good word of mouth.

Now I have to go fins me some alone time and go see this.

bwayobsessed
#336Disney's FROZEN
Posted: 12/30/13 at 1:26pm

Omygosh, I was literally thinking a reprise of do you want to build a snowman would have been perfect there!!! Another addition for the broadway adaptation! haha

darquegk Profile Photo
darquegk
#337Disney's FROZEN
Posted: 12/30/13 at 1:27pm

One thing that sticks out to me about Frozen, and the 3D versus 2D animated Disney films in general is not only a different visual aesthetic, but a different rhythm and sensibility. The dialogue, delivery and story beats of the classic Disney Renaissance films are extremely rooted in the rhythms of the stage, while the new movies have a much more cinematic rhythm to them. The old ones were written to allow the invisible stage audience room to breathe, laugh, react, while the new ones tend towards a rhythm paced to the actions on the screen, not to the reactions of the audience. It's comparable to the rhythms of a classic-style sitcom comedy without laugh track (like "The Simpsons" for one example) versus the rhythms of a postmodern comedy (like "30 Rock").

CarlosAlberto Profile Photo
CarlosAlberto
#338Disney's FROZEN
Posted: 12/30/13 at 1:29pm

darquegk, should I go see this in 2D or 3D?

jacobsnchz14 Profile Photo
jacobsnchz14
#339Disney's FROZEN
Posted: 12/30/13 at 1:39pm

I saw it in both 2D and 3D and somewhat preferred it in 3D.

AEA AGMA SM
#340Disney's FROZEN
Posted: 12/30/13 at 5:23pm

I've seen both 2D and 3D now and would say that the 3D did not really add too much to the overall effect of the story. If you are not the biggest fan of 3D, or debating about the extra cost, then I would say skip it and see a 2D showing.

OperaBwayLover Profile Photo
OperaBwayLover
#341Disney's FROZEN
Posted: 12/30/13 at 9:54pm

That reprise is amazing. I would have bawled in the theatre if it had been part of the film.

beautywickedlover
#342Disney's FROZEN
Posted: 12/31/13 at 11:36pm

I just learned today that 'Jack & the Beanstalk' is apparently the next fairy tale they are developing and Nathan Greno, who co-directed, 'Tangled' is of course giving it a distinct title called 'Giants'.

ETA: It was already discussed here earlier this month. Sorry, if I was late on learning about it.

Exclusive: Lots Of Details Of Disney’s Unannounced Animated Movie, Giants Updated On: 12/31/13 at 11:36 PM

EricMontreal22 Profile Photo
EricMontreal22
#343Disney's FROZEN
Posted: 12/31/13 at 11:54pm

I would recommend 3D, though it's much more for atmosphere than anything else.

disneybroadwayfan22 Profile Photo
disneybroadwayfan22
#344Disney's FROZEN
Posted: 12/31/13 at 11:55pm

Haha no prob. Apparently, according to insiders, it may have been pushed to 2018. We'll find out mid-later this year or early-mid next year. But, with Frozen being a smash, I guess we may get a faster announcement

JohnyBroadway
#345Disney's FROZEN
Posted: 1/1/14 at 12:14am

Big Hero 6, Zootopia, Giants, and Moana are the next 4 announced projects that are currently in production at the studio. Big Hero six will be released next year, followed by Zootopia and Giants. Moana is set to be released in 2018 and will be directed by John Musker and Ron Clements. It is the only officially announced animated musical currently in production. However, many films have transitioned into musicals while in production. Beauty and the Beast, and Tangled for example.

Updated On: 1/1/14 at 12:14 AM

EricMontreal22 Profile Photo
EricMontreal22
#346Disney's FROZEN
Posted: 1/1/14 at 12:29am

CapnHook said: "
I have no issue with computer-generated animation. But the design and even execution in FROZEN is so off-putting that instead of helping to draw me in to the story, it was distracting. I felt no connection to the human characters whatsoever. They looked like living barbie dolls. Their eyes were too bulging, their lips were too disconnected to the words, and the hair was poorly crafted. "

I think I had more of an emotional connection with the film than you did, but I completely agree. The female characters (this goes for Tangled as well) look like dolls.

OperaBwayLover Profile Photo
OperaBwayLover
#347Disney's FROZEN
Posted: 1/1/14 at 3:21am

Which is funny, because different reviews of the Frozen dolls themselves have stated how completely accurate the toys are to their onscreen counterparts. :-p

I feel like such a nerd for knowing that...but I'm kinda obsessed with Frozen these days...

disneybroadwayfan22 Profile Photo
disneybroadwayfan22
#348Disney's FROZEN
Posted: 1/1/14 at 8:08am

Johny, Giants is supposed to be a musical so far too.

#349Disney's FROZEN
Posted: 1/1/14 at 2:56pm

I had heard about Giants, but was unaware it was based on Jack and the beanstalk. I hope it is a musical. I wonder if the Lopezes will write the music for the next Disney animated musical?