pixeltracker

GHOST to Play Final Broadway Performance on August 18- Page 2

GHOST to Play Final Broadway Performance on August 18

Jane2 Profile Photo
Jane2
#25GHOST to Play Final Broadway Performance on August 18
Posted: 7/24/12 at 2:45pm

I liked everything about this show and thought I'd see it again.

<-----I'M TOTES ROLLING MY EYES

Auggie27 Profile Photo
Auggie27
#26GHOST to Play Final Broadway Performance on August 18
Posted: 7/24/12 at 2:55pm

Funny, I was meh about the film, so was pleasantly surprised. The score is musically far more enjoyable than I expected (after a few hearings, you can't shake those melodies), if the lyrics' banalities flatten it out a bit. Tough times for a star-less musical, but I actually thought the branding here and the subject could carry it, at least until January 1. The title, alas, didn't speak to the generation buying the tickets, and since it's not exactly a family musical, a la the previous occupant, THE ADAMS clan, it was an oddity, demographically speaking.

"I'm a comedian, but in my spare time, things bother me." Garry Shandling

Luscious Profile Photo
Luscious
#27GHOST to Play Final Broadway Performance on August 18
Posted: 7/24/12 at 3:05pm

Too bad. First Broadway show I've seen in ages that didn't disappoint or fail to live up to expectations, and that I would actually pay to see a second time. Oh well... different strokes.

Phantom of London Profile Photo
Phantom of London
#28GHOST to Play Final Broadway Performance on August 18
Posted: 7/24/12 at 3:12pm

The score is enjoyable, the only problem is that there is too many ballads.

Into The Woods has been linked to every theater on Broadway when a show shuts, the Lunt is certainly is too big, anyway there is no guarantee Into The Woods will transfer, as musch as I like Sondheim, his work is quite esoteric. Updated On: 7/24/12 at 03:12 PM

broadway_show_fan Profile Photo
broadway_show_fan
#29GHOST to Play Final Broadway Performance on August 18
Posted: 7/24/12 at 3:33pm

anyone know where the TDF tix for this have been?

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#30GHOST to Play Final Broadway Performance on August 18
Posted: 7/24/12 at 3:37pm

so sad, yet not surprised. I'm guessing it had next to nothing in terms of advanced sales for the fall. Was hoping this would be a good Broadway show. What a disappointment.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

Kelly2 Profile Photo
Kelly2
#31GHOST to Play Final Broadway Performance on August 18
Posted: 7/24/12 at 3:45pm

Saw it in London and was shocked they were bothering to transfer that piece of dreck. Clearly, I was right about not paying more money to see the "new and improved" version.

Sorry to hear this just because of those who will be unemployed as a result.

"Get mad, then get over it." - Colin Powell

DrMark Profile Photo
DrMark
#32GHOST to Play Final Broadway Performance on August 18
Posted: 7/24/12 at 4:49pm

Well, that is sad news. It's a shame that it didn't take off. I saw it in London last summer, and I really loved it. I'm going to see it in NYC this Friday, and I can't wait. I'm just glad I get to see it one more time before the sparkly lights come and haul it off to Broadway heaven. I enjoyed the music, the cast, and the amazing visuals. If you've not seen it, I'd highly recommend it. I found it very moving.

songanddanceman2 Profile Photo
songanddanceman2
#33GHOST to Play Final Broadway Performance on August 18
Posted: 7/24/12 at 4:55pm

I loved the show and 90 percent of the score, so sad for all involved

Namo i love u but we get it already....you don't like Madonna

ClapYo'Hands Profile Photo
ClapYo'Hands
#34GHOST to Play Final Broadway Performance on August 18
Posted: 7/24/12 at 4:59pm

A brilliant musical, such a shame.

phantomcrazy14 Profile Photo
phantomcrazy14
#35GHOST to Play Final Broadway Performance on August 18
Posted: 7/24/12 at 5:51pm

I'm gonna be completely honest, I'm really, really sad this is closing. I saw this with no expectations at all, not even knowing the full story. I loved it! It was the first show I full out bawled at. It's so frustrating people bashed it for all its projections and music. I get it's not typical and not everyone may not have liked it but I thought it was really innovative and visually stimulating.

FindingNamo
#36GHOST to Play Final Broadway Performance on August 18
Posted: 7/24/12 at 5:56pm

I always imagined "You in Danger, Girl" to the tune of "Oh My God, You Guys."

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none

kikki327 Profile Photo
kikki327
#37GHOST to Play Final Broadway Performance on August 18
Posted: 7/24/12 at 5:57pm

Having never seen the movie, I absolutely LOVE this show. It is visually stunning and I think Caissie and Richard's power onstage is breathtaking. I thought the projections were beautiful and added another element to the show and had an emotional connection to the story (whereas the projections in the last revival of Guys & Dolls were just distracting to me). So sad for the cast and all involved. Glad I'm going to see it again in 2 weeks before its gone.

fingerlakessinger Profile Photo
fingerlakessinger
#38GHOST to Play Final Broadway Performance on August 18
Posted: 7/24/12 at 9:56pm

I'm very sad this is closing GHOST to Play Final Broadway Performance on August 18
I was bawling when I saw it in April along with everyone else in the theater. Really thought this would be a smash but I guess not. Was gonna take my boyfriend to see this on our NYC trip but I guess we'll have to wait till it comes around on the tour.

"Life in theater is give and take...but you need to be ready to give more then you take..."

After Eight
#39GHOST to Play Final Broadway Performance on August 18
Posted: 7/24/12 at 10:33pm

That is too bad. The show was pretty mediocre, but it was certainly better than Once, Spider-man, Lysistrata Jones, Leap of Faith, et al.

missthemountains Profile Photo
missthemountains
#40GHOST to Play Final Broadway Performance on August 18
Posted: 7/24/12 at 11:00pm

Agreed that I'm sad to see it go because I love the story of Ghost - in fact I grew up with the movie so I was really looking forward to this adaptation, but was not thrilled with the score. Performances and visuals were fantastic though (although I did feel they overused the crap out of the projections).

Do you think it'll get regional/community theatre life? It is quite the undertaking in terms of set.

fingerlakessinger Profile Photo
fingerlakessinger
#41GHOST to Play Final Broadway Performance on August 18
Posted: 7/24/12 at 11:18pm

I think it can do pretty well with Community theater and Regional theater. Some of the things that are done onstage can be done practically with the right directors.

"Life in theater is give and take...but you need to be ready to give more then you take..."

tphiliboy152
#42GHOST to Play Final Broadway Performance on August 18
Posted: 7/24/12 at 11:21pm

Maybe this is just a stupid assumption of mine, but does anyone else think the Lunt might have a curse? Ever since Beauty and the Beast closed the three shows that have played since have all been flops... Little Mermaid, Addams Family, and now Ghost. Or maybe they are just all terrible and just happened to play the same theatre...

SNAFU Profile Photo
SNAFU
#43GHOST to Play Final Broadway Performance on August 18
Posted: 7/25/12 at 12:51am

Ding,ding,ding ding! Give thzat boy the box that Carol is now showing! Those three shows sucked!

Those Blocked: SueStorm. N2N Nate. Good riddence to stupid! Rad-Z, shill begone!

kyl3fong2 Profile Photo
kyl3fong2
#44GHOST to Play Final Broadway Performance on August 18
Posted: 7/25/12 at 1:27am

Sad to see this show go GHOST to Play Final Broadway Performance on August 18 Richard Fleeshman and Caissie Levy were both fantastic in this

TrulyOutrageousJem Profile Photo
TrulyOutrageousJem
#45GHOST to Play Final Broadway Performance on August 18
Posted: 7/25/12 at 1:40am

Uuuuggghhh! I know I am in the minority here, but I am REALLY sad this is closing! I will admit that, while I enjoyed it during the show, I can't recall any of the score. BUT I had a wonderful time in the theater and I really enjoyed the show! I really wanted to see it again but, having just moved, I can't afford it. Was planning on seeing it in September. I'm really sad I won't be seeing this again.

siena07
#46GHOST to Play Final Broadway Performance on August 18
Posted: 7/25/12 at 11:33am

I have seen Ghost 3 times and will be seeing it once more before
It closes! I love this show! I love the music! Yes, there are two many ballads, and
The choreography is not great, and but overall it has become one of my favorite
Shows! I am definitely sad to see it go so soon. Especially sad for the amazing cast that has worked so hard on this show. I think it's a good introductory show for people who have never seen a broadway show..I have taken several people to see it as their first show and they were blown away!

TheLadyoftheWood Profile Photo
TheLadyoftheWood
#47GHOST to Play Final Broadway Performance on August 18
Posted: 7/25/12 at 12:57pm

Dear Siena07,

Please take some grammar class. That is all!

newintown Profile Photo
newintown
#48GHOST to Play Final Broadway Performance on August 18
Posted: 7/25/12 at 1:10pm

siena07's post must be a spoof on Ghost's fans, don't you think?

Rainbowhigh23
#49GHOST to Play Final Broadway Performance on August 18
Posted: 7/25/12 at 5:22pm

Riedel on Ghost - $15 Million - poof!

"Speaking of crumbling, that’s what happened to the box office at the Lunt-Fontanne, where “Ghost” is running — well, stumbling is a more accurate description. The show took in just $600,000 last week, and yesterday the producers announced it will close Aug. 18.

The total loss is thought to be a scary $15 million.

A lot of big theaters are going to be empty in the coming months — the Lunt, the Broadway, the Richard Rodgers, the St. James (“Bring It On” is a limited run).

Are Broadway’s salad days coming to an end?"

Ghost - Riedel