pixeltracker

NBC's SMASH, Season 2 -- Discussion- Page 13

NBC's SMASH, Season 2 -- Discussion

jacobsnchz14 Profile Photo
jacobsnchz14
#301NBC's SMASH, Season 2 --
Posted: 2/19/13 at 10:17pm

Jenn Damiano and Jessie Mueller mentions. Bernie Telsey cameo.

Play  Esq. Profile Photo
Play Esq.
#302NBC's SMASH, Season 2 --
Posted: 2/19/13 at 10:18pm

Jenn Damiano and Jessie Mueller mentions.

Big stars...no.

jacobsnchz14
#303NBC's SMASH, Season 2 --
Posted: 2/19/13 at 10:19pm

But "bigger" than Ivy? Probably.

jacobsnchz14
#304NBC's SMASH, Season 2 --
Posted: 2/19/13 at 10:19pm

DBL POST Updated On: 2/19/13 at 10:19 PM

Bettyboy72 Profile Photo
Bettyboy72
#305NBC's SMASH, Season 2 --
Posted: 2/19/13 at 10:35pm

Dan Sunjata! THANK YOU!!! :)

"The sexual energy between the mother and son really concerns me!"-random woman behind me at Next to Normal "I want to meet him after and bang him!"-random woman who exposed her breasts at Rock of Ages, referring to James Carpinello

E.Davis Profile Photo
E.Davis
#306NBC's SMASH, Season 2 --
Posted: 2/19/13 at 10:47pm

What is it with these people leaving rehearsals/shows in costumes. Fines much?

"I think lying to children is really important, it sets them off on the right track" -Sherie Rene Scott-

Movidude742 Profile Photo
Movidude742
#307NBC's SMASH, Season 2 --
Posted: 2/19/13 at 11:04pm

So the initial showrunner has a character that is for the most based on herself. Said showrunner is fired after not keeping the storytellign tight, and in the next season that character all but has a breakdown and tonight's plot for her is about the powers that be bringing in someone to fix the book, and in fact completely revamp the story of the piece

This **** is pretty meta

Melodicluvangel Profile Photo
Melodicluvangel
#308NBC's SMASH, Season 2 --
Posted: 2/19/13 at 11:05pm

While it had some dry spots, I am enjoying the streamlined storytelling that was missing in the first season and I really like how it is going back to the original concept of what it is like to create a Broadway show. Plus the last few moments was really good. One of my biggest annoyances is that I wish they would give up the pop songs but the scene was brilliantly staged. The guy that plays Jeremy Jordan's writing partner is still annoying and can't act but I am really looking forward to hearing the songs from "Hit List." Bring on next week's episode!

mikem Profile Photo
mikem
#309NBC's SMASH, Season 2 --
Posted: 2/19/13 at 11:11pm

I thought the episode was disappointing. Pretty boring, and watching Daniel Sunjata be condescending and Debra Messing shrieking got old really fast.

And I don't understand what the deal is with Jeremy Jordan's character. I guess we're supposed to be rooting for him, but he's been a complete jerk over and over again.

Although I was glad to hear Jennifer Hudson's character say, "Why am I almost 30 and playing Dorothy in The Wiz?" because I was thinking the exact same thing.

"What was the name of that cheese that I like?" "you can't run away forever...but there's nothing wrong with getting a good head start" "well I hope and I pray, that maybe someday, you'll walk in the room with my heart"

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#310NBC's SMASH, Season 2 --
Posted: 2/19/13 at 11:12pm

I simply wasn't thrilled with tonight's episode. It lacked something, not sure exactly what, but it felt off. And frankly I'm tired of listening to all of McPhee's pop songs getting auto-tuned. Auto-tuning can't happen on Broadway, regardless of what kind of musical it is. Smash needs to stop this NOW! Next week's episode looks promising. I have to wonder what the ratings were for tonight's episode as it seems like nothing else was on.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

BroomstickBoy Profile Photo
BroomstickBoy
#311NBC's SMASH, Season 2 --
Posted: 2/19/13 at 11:17pm

How does Jeremy Jordan get cast as "bad boy" type characters? With that voice, it just doesn't fit. Is it the face?

I don't WANT to live in what they call "a certain way." In the first place I'd be no good at it and besides that I don't want to be identified with any one class of people. I want to live every whichway, among all kinds---and know them---and understand them---and love them---THAT's what I want! - Philip Barry (Holiday)

bjh2114 Profile Photo
bjh2114
#312NBC's SMASH, Season 2 --
Posted: 2/19/13 at 11:19pm

McPhee was, yet again, terrible. I love Hilty, but the Robyn song was weird. Sunjata's character was irritating (though I thought Messing and Borle had some good dialogue together otherwise). And I'm already sick of Jeremy Jordan and Andy Mientus. It's a bad sign when Jennifer Hudson is easily the best thing in the episode.

HenryTDobson Profile Photo
HenryTDobson
#313NBC's SMASH, Season 2 --
Posted: 2/19/13 at 11:21pm

I thought tonight's episode was okay. I feel like they're still trying to steer the ship in the right direction.

Also, is Hit List supposed to be the life of the songwriter? I know it looks pretty obvious, but I only ask since they kinda pulled a Moulin Rouge by saying that someone dies at the end of the show. Do you think one of the Smash characters will die at the end of the season?... was all of this really obvious and I'm just asking silly questions? If yes, sorry about it.

SporkGoddess
#314NBC's SMASH, Season 2 --
Posted: 2/19/13 at 11:35pm

I was totally on board with the dramaturg until he started off spouting misogynistic crap about how Marilyn's the predator, not JFK, blah blah blah.

Also, Karen is not believable as Marilyn at all to me. I'm glad they didn't make us listen to her "They Just Keep Moving the Line" after Ivy knocked it out of the park last episode.

Jimmy, what are you doing here in the middle of the night? It's almost 9 PM!
Updated On: 2/19/13 at 11:35 PM

beautywickedlover
#315NBC's SMASH, Season 2 --
Posted: 2/19/13 at 11:41pm

"I thought tonight's episode was okay. I feel like they're still trying to steer the ship in the right direction."

Yes, I feel that since it is only second episode of this season they are only still getting started.

"It's a bad sign when Jennifer Hudson is easily the best thing in the episode."

She is an excellent singer. I also know that there are some people who are not a fan of her acting, but I really enjoy it.

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#316NBC's SMASH, Season 2 --
Posted: 2/19/13 at 11:42pm

Spork, I thought it was kind weird that all that mostly went unchecked, when just last week that ex of Derrick's was spouting Feminist Theory 101.

I liked that the one song had the double entendre "do it for our country" just like Grease 2 did.

Henry, I'm not quite sure there were foreshadowing a death, but I love the idea! Who would be everyone's favorite character to die? You'd think I'd say Karen, but no, it's Ronnie or whatever Jennifer Hudson is called. She's just so terrible. How much longer do we have to deal with her? We haven't even met her mother yet! Plus, I kind of feel like I don't want to get invested any more, because everyone seems to be predicting its demise.

Jane2 Profile Photo
Jane2
#317NBC's SMASH, Season 2 --
Posted: 2/19/13 at 11:46pm

Yeah, I thought Hudson's bad acting was distracting, like her wig in the front, lol!

<-----I'M TOTES ROLLING MY EYES

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#318NBC's SMASH, Season 2 --
Posted: 2/19/13 at 11:49pm

I kind of love it, because she just sounds like someone speaking English for the first time at points. And I'm so tired of her calling herself "Broadway's Sweetheart" like it's 1959 and that means something. Her wig was something out of 1949!

SporkGoddess
#319NBC's SMASH, Season 2 --
Posted: 2/19/13 at 11:50pm

Phyllis: Ugh, I was really disappointed after last week. At least Julia called him a victim blamer.

I was confused because I can't think of anyone on Broadway who would be able to pull "Broadway's sweetheart" off anymore. I thought Jennifer Hudson's character was supposed to be like Audra McDonald but even Audra McDonald has done "sexier" roles.

Updated On: 2/19/13 at 11:50 PM

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#320NBC's SMASH, Season 2 --
Posted: 2/19/13 at 11:51pm

Oh man, imagine if Audra was playing that role?

KylePKJP Profile Photo
KylePKJP
#321NBC's SMASH, Season 2 --
Posted: 2/19/13 at 11:52pm

Plain and simple... it's a sh!t show like most Zadan/Meron garbage.

SporkGoddess
#322NBC's SMASH, Season 2 --
Posted: 2/20/13 at 12:09am

I wanted to add that my fiance was laughing his ass off at some of the lyrics in the Kennedy/Marilyn scene. And I don't think in the way they wanted you to laugh, heh.

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#323NBC's SMASH, Season 2 --
Posted: 2/20/13 at 12:15am

At least Ivy is going to Broadway. She will a SMASH!

HenryTDobson Profile Photo
HenryTDobson
#324NBC's SMASH, Season 2 --
Posted: 2/20/13 at 12:16am

So I guess I over analyzed with the death thing. Oh well! I think it could have added a little flare to the show.

BIG BALONEY Profile Photo
BIG BALONEY
#325NBC's SMASH, Season 2 --
Posted: 2/20/13 at 12:35am

Let me just say I am glad these actors are getting some exposure outside of New York City and love the location shots around town. I find it a pleasant over the top sometimes soap opera musical.