pixeltracker

Angela Lansbury will return to Broadway!

Angela Lansbury will return to Broadway!

jacobsnchz14 Profile Photo
jacobsnchz14
#1Angela Lansbury will return to Broadway!
Posted: 6/21/13 at 10:40am

https://www.broadwayworld.com/article/Angela-Lansbury-Returning-to-Broadway-This-Fall-in-THE-CHALK-GARDEN-Revival-20130621

According to a recent interview with ABC Classic FM, stage and screen star Angela Lansbury will return to Broadway in Fall 2013 in a revival of THE CHALK GARDEN. An official announcement has not yet been made. Lansbury revealed on the podcast: "A rather exciting event coming up in the fall is a new production of The Chalk Garden by Enid Bagnold. It's a lovely play. Wonderful role - Mrs. St. Maugham. We're going to do that on Broadway...so if you're in New York, I hope you'll come and see it!

bigbelterbaby
#2Angela Lansbury will return to Broadway!
Posted: 6/21/13 at 10:46am

awesome !!! well that's another Tony nom for Lansbury I'm sure. Miss St. Maugham is a juicy role. Edith Evans was nominated for an Oscar for playing the role on film. Gladys Cooper was nominated for a Tony in the original production .

Hesione Hushabye thinks it tastes like ashes.

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#2Angela Lansbury will return to Broadway!
Posted: 6/21/13 at 11:15am

I wonder if this will take the Golden or Schoenfeld. I can't imagine this going into a bigger house than either one of those.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

henrikegerman Profile Photo
henrikegerman
#3Angela Lansbury will return to Broadway!
Posted: 6/21/13 at 11:39am

Who will be her Miss Madrigal? Samantha Morton would be my choice.

Anshel2 Profile Photo
Anshel2
#4Angela Lansbury will return to Broadway!
Posted: 6/21/13 at 12:13pm

I was hoping she'd come in with Driving Miss Daisy.

emo_geek Profile Photo
emo_geek
#5Angela Lansbury will return to Broadway!
Posted: 6/21/13 at 12:27pm

"so if you're in New York, I hope you'll come and see it!".

What she should have said is: "So if you are in California, I'll help you buy a plane ticket to come see it!"

"I never had theatre producers run after me. Some people want to make more Broadway shows out of movies. But Elliot and I aren't going to do Batman: The Musical." - Julie Taymor 1999

egghumor Profile Photo
egghumor
#6Angela Lansbury will return to Broadway!
Posted: 6/21/13 at 12:32pm

The plane ticket might be cheaper than the Broadway ticket!

D2 Profile Photo
D2
#7Angela Lansbury will return to Broadway!
Posted: 6/21/13 at 1:38pm

^^Sad, but true^^

Cheyenne Jackson tickled me. AFTER ordering SoMMS a drink but NOT tickling him, and hanging out with Girly in his dressing room (where he DIDN'T tickle her) but BEFORE we got married. To others. And then he tweeted Boobs. He also tweeted he's good friends with some chick on "The Voice" who just happens to be good friends with Tink's ex. And I'm still married. Oh, and this just in: "Pettiness, spite, malice ....Such ugly emotions... So sad." - After Eight, talking about MEEEEEEEE!!! I'm so honored! :-)

TalkinLoud Profile Photo
TalkinLoud
#8Angela Lansbury will return to Broadway!
Posted: 6/21/13 at 1:49pm

Elisabeth Moss has been searching for a Broadway role for a while. I wonder when Mad Men is done filming its last season.

SawyerEmcee Profile Photo
SawyerEmcee
#9Angela Lansbury will return to Broadway!
Posted: 6/21/13 at 1:52pm

Does Lansbury have Kennedy Center Honor yet?

everythingtaboo Profile Photo
everythingtaboo
#10Angela Lansbury will return to Broadway!
Posted: 6/21/13 at 1:53pm

If it's almost July and this thing is coming this Fall, somebody better tell Broadway, because no one else is saying anything except her!

"Hey little girls, look at all the men in shiny shirts and no wives!" - Jackie Hoffman, Xanadu, 19 Feb 2008

Yero my Hero Profile Photo
Yero my Hero
#11Angela Lansbury will return to Broadway!
Posted: 6/21/13 at 2:03pm

Does Lansbury have Kennedy Center Honor yet?

Yes, in 2000.

http://www.kennedy-center.org/programs/specialevents/honors/history.cfm

Nothing matters but knowing nothing matters. ~ Wicked
Everything in life is only for now. ~ Avenue Q
There is no future, there is no past. I live this moment as my last. ~ Rent

"He's a tramp, but I love him."

beaemma
#12Angela Lansbury will return to Broadway!
Posted: 6/21/13 at 2:15pm

I saw Gladys Cooper in an London revival with Joan Greenwood and John Mills in the early seventies. It's a juicy role indeed, and perfect for Lansbury. Actually, there are three juicy roles. If this happens, I'll be there--probably more than once! Where's the official announcement?

mar6411
#13Angela Lansbury will return to Broadway!
Posted: 7/8/13 at 4:42pm

Is this likely to happen? Or just wishful thinking. At some point - and what is that point - it's too late for a fall open.

HorseTears Profile Photo
HorseTears
#14Angela Lansbury will return to Broadway!
Posted: 7/8/13 at 10:07pm

Yeah, I'm wondering about this as well. Sorry, I haven't been following this story too well, but has anyone but Angela herself made these public announcements about a NY opening?

Will42 Profile Photo
Will42
#15Angela Lansbury will return to Broadway!
Posted: 7/16/13 at 2:44pm

Looks like it's not happening after all. At least this fall.
Too bad, since I was really looking forward to see Ms. Lansbury in the role.

Oh, well maybe she'll finally do another film or TV stunt instead after her well-deserved vacation.

emo_geek Profile Photo
emo_geek
#16Angela Lansbury will return to Broadway!
Posted: 7/16/13 at 8:40pm

Hopefully it's just pushed back season?

"I never had theatre producers run after me. Some people want to make more Broadway shows out of movies. But Elliot and I aren't going to do Batman: The Musical." - Julie Taymor 1999

gavyj Profile Photo
gavyj
#17Angela Lansbury will return to Broadway!
Posted: 7/16/13 at 11:42pm

I wonder if she has another musical in her...

Will42 Profile Photo
Will42
#18Angela Lansbury will return to Broadway!
Posted: 7/17/13 at 3:39am

'I wonder if she has another musical in her...'

Rumor has it Angela Lansbury is in talks to star in Sydney production of The Visit next year, which was developed specifically for her over 10 years ago and was supposed to mark her Broadway return after all those years on Murder, She Wrote.
So maybe she'll star in 2 Australian shows in a row.