pixeltracker

Cameron Diaz officially Miss Hannigan in new film !!

bigbelterbaby
#1Cameron Diaz officially Miss Hannigan in new film !!
Posted: 6/26/13 at 11:35pm

http://www.deadline.com/2013/06/cameron-diaz-signed-and-sealed-for-annie-to-play-miss-hannigan-after-sandra-bullock-passes/#utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

this sounds so amazing !! All you have to do is watch Bad Teacher - she could really do something fun with this. inspired casting.

Hesione Hushabye thinks it tastes like ashes.
Updated On: 6/26/13 at 11:35 PM

CapnHook Profile Photo
CapnHook
#2Cameron Diaz officially Miss Hannigan in new film !!
Posted: 6/26/13 at 11:36pm

I can see that.

"The Spectacle has, indeed, an emotional attraction of its own, but, of all the parts, it is the least artistic, and connected least with the art of poetry. For the power of Tragedy, we may be sure, is felt even apart from representation and actors. Besides, the production of spectacular effects depends more on the art of the stage machinist than on that of the poet."
--Aristotle

broadway guy
#2Cameron Diaz officially Miss Hannigan in new film !!
Posted: 6/26/13 at 11:41pm

Oooh this could be fun. She is very versatile and I can definitely see this. She can definitely be rude and nasty.

Updated On: 6/26/13 at 11:41 PM

CATSNYrevival Profile Photo
CATSNYrevival
#3Cameron Diaz officially Miss Hannigan in new film !!
Posted: 6/26/13 at 11:43pm

Is it April 1st again already?

Bettyboy72 Profile Photo
Bettyboy72
#4Cameron Diaz officially Miss Hannigan in new film !!
Posted: 6/26/13 at 11:44pm

She has the bravado, physical comedy skills and is a great comedienne. They'll autotune her, so she'll be great. Solid choice.

"The sexual energy between the mother and son really concerns me!"-random woman behind me at Next to Normal "I want to meet him after and bang him!"-random woman who exposed her breasts at Rock of Ages, referring to James Carpinello

iluvtheatertrash
#5Cameron Diaz officially Miss Hannigan in new film !!
Posted: 6/26/13 at 11:44pm

I actually think she could nail this...

"I know now that theatre saved my life." - Susan Stroman

beautywickedlover
#6Cameron Diaz officially Miss Hannigan in new film !!
Posted: 6/26/13 at 11:45pm

Very good casting choice. I think she'll be great.

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#7Cameron Diaz officially Miss Hannigan in new film !!
Posted: 6/26/13 at 11:46pm

That mean ass white woman.

CATSNYrevival Profile Photo
CATSNYrevival
#8Cameron Diaz officially Miss Hannigan in new film !!
Posted: 6/26/13 at 11:47pm

I love how the BWW article includes the video of Cameron lip syncing to Susan Boyd's vocals in The Mask movie.

Updated On: 6/26/13 at 11:47 PM

mikem Profile Photo
mikem
#9Cameron Diaz officially Miss Hannigan in new film !!
Posted: 6/26/13 at 11:48pm

This is very surprising news since my impression is that her bad singing onscreen in My Best Friend's Wedding and The Holiday are a reflection of her true inability to sing well. (She was dubbed in The Mask.) And she has old quotes on the internet that she doesn't think she has what it takes to star in a musical.

I'll keep my fingers crossed, but I hope she's not like Pierce Brosnan in Mamma Mia!

"What was the name of that cheese that I like?" "you can't run away forever...but there's nothing wrong with getting a good head start" "well I hope and I pray, that maybe someday, you'll walk in the room with my heart"

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#10Cameron Diaz officially Miss Hannigan in new film !!
Posted: 6/26/13 at 11:49pm

The character has one solo and a trio. She'll be fine.

Phillytheatreguy10 Profile Photo
Phillytheatreguy10
#11Cameron Diaz officially Miss Hannigan in new film !!
Posted: 6/26/13 at 11:53pm

So who's Lily- Taylor Swift?! It'll be interesting to see them balance that out since Cameron is such a sexpot! This project is a little bit of a mess. Cameron is a great physical comedian though.

jetts7 Profile Photo
jetts7
#12Cameron Diaz officially Miss Hannigan in new film !!
Posted: 6/26/13 at 11:53pm

Isn't she a little too young for Miss Hannigan? Besides that, I could see her playing the role. As soon as I heard the news I imagined her screaming at the orphans lol

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#13Cameron Diaz officially Miss Hannigan in new film !!
Posted: 6/27/13 at 12:20am

So it's a white lady being mean to a little black girl? Hm. That won't be awkward at all.

Theatrefan2
#14Cameron Diaz officially Miss Hannigan in new film !!
Posted: 6/27/13 at 12:32am

Is Annie still supposed to be a little red headed girl?

missthemountains Profile Photo
missthemountains
#15Cameron Diaz officially Miss Hannigan in new film !!
Posted: 6/27/13 at 12:48am

My favorite Diaz role has still got to be in BEING JOHN MALKOVICH. She was brilliant in that film, and while I have no doubts she will be great as Hannigan - surely I can't be the only one who thinks with the revival + a new film that it's a bit of Annie overkill?

I mean how many time do we need this story on Broadway, much less a film? Has ANY musical film been remade this much, or remade at all for this matter?

Updated On: 6/27/13 at 12:48 AM

broadway_show_fan Profile Photo
broadway_show_fan
#16Cameron Diaz officially Miss Hannigan in new film !!
Posted: 6/27/13 at 12:58am

I'm so mixed on this. Yes, she's hilarious and will, as Bettyboy said, be autotuned to audio perfection, but she seems young. Like a good Lily option.

WiCkEDrOcKS Profile Photo
WiCkEDrOcKS
#17Cameron Diaz officially Miss Hannigan in new film !!
Posted: 6/27/13 at 1:09am

I'm not crazy about Diaz, but she's surprised me before (she was hilarious in BAD TEACHER and truly excellent in the very underrated IN HER SHOES) and I'm hoping she'll impress me again here!

JP2 Profile Photo
JP2
#18Cameron Diaz officially Miss Hannigan in new film !!
Posted: 6/27/13 at 1:11am

"So it's a white lady being mean to a little black girl? Hm. That won't be awkward at all."

No, a Cuban lady.

"I mean how many time do we need this story on Broadway, much less a film? Has ANY musical film been remade this much, or remade at all for this matter?"

Gypsy.

Will42 Profile Photo
Will42
#19Cameron Diaz officially Miss Hannigan in new film !!
Posted: 6/27/13 at 1:16am

Not my first choice, but everyone would been a huge improvement over Bullock. Diaz is a great comediane and I'm sure she will be fine.

broadway_show_fan
#20Cameron Diaz officially Miss Hannigan in new film !!
Posted: 6/27/13 at 1:20am

Slightly switching topics, but have they announced anyone for Rooster or Warbucks or Grace?

WiCkEDrOcKS Profile Photo
WiCkEDrOcKS
#21Cameron Diaz officially Miss Hannigan in new film !!
Posted: 6/27/13 at 1:28am

Jamie Foxx is Warbucks, no? Is it not official yet?

broadway_show_fan
#22Cameron Diaz officially Miss Hannigan in new film !!
Posted: 6/27/13 at 1:44am

That's either new news or I'm out of the loop. That could be really fun. I wonder if they'll go for a black Grace and then stick to white Rooster/Lily or what.

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#23Cameron Diaz officially Miss Hannigan in new film !!
Posted: 6/27/13 at 1:48am

Beasts Of The Southern Wild‘s Quvenzhane Wallis, who became the youngest actress ever to receive a Best Actress Oscar nomination, is on board to play the iconic orphan, and Best Actor Oscar winner for Ray, Jamie Foxx, as Daddy Warbucks

From the Deadline article.

Updated On: 6/27/13 at 01:48 AM

bigbelterbaby
#24Cameron Diaz officially Miss Hannigan in new film !!
Posted: 6/27/13 at 1:50am

I think Jamie Foxx would be a better Rooster ? pretty sure Samantha Mumba is Lily St. Regis. filming starts this fall.

Hesione Hushabye thinks it tastes like ashes.