pixeltracker

Live Blog The Live Sound Of Music- Page 4

Live Blog The Live Sound Of Music

E.Davis Profile Photo
E.Davis
#75Live Blog The Live Sound Of Music
Posted: 12/5/13 at 8:38pm

He must have been directed to be odd.

"I think lying to children is really important, it sets them off on the right track" -Sherie Rene Scott-

SomeDude Profile Photo
SomeDude
#76Live Blog The Live Sound Of Music
Posted: 12/5/13 at 8:39pm

Poor Carry sounds like she just ran a Marathon. I was a bit worried she wouldn't hit that last note but she did :)

MorningGlow2 Profile Photo
MorningGlow2
#77Live Blog The Live Sound Of Music
Posted: 12/5/13 at 8:40pm

All in all, I'm enjoying it. Anyone else?

broadwaybabytn Profile Photo
broadwaybabytn
#78Live Blog The Live Sound Of Music
Posted: 12/5/13 at 8:40pm

Odd?

Borstalboy Profile Photo
Borstalboy
#79Live Blog The Live Sound Of Music
Posted: 12/5/13 at 8:41pm

I'm loving how NBC is trying to sugarcoat the Olympics.

I wonder if someone will suggest to the Von Trapps that they "put aside their differences" with the Nazis.

"Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary. Impossible is nothing.” ~ Muhammad Ali

disneybroadwayfan22 Profile Photo
disneybroadwayfan22
#80Live Blog The Live Sound Of Music
Posted: 12/5/13 at 8:41pm

I loved how the fountain was running

Alan Henry Profile Photo
Alan Henry
#81Live Blog The Live Sound Of Music
Posted: 12/5/13 at 8:42pm

She looks like she's getting more comfortable.

The ending of Do Re Mi did sound good. Carrie has the vocal chops but you can tell she's nervous - I hear it in her Vibrato.

Not loving her acting choices but she's serviceable acting wise and because of her this got made, so not complaining!

boggess Profile Photo
boggess
#82Live Blog The Live Sound Of Music
Posted: 12/5/13 at 8:42pm

Did the Captain accidentally call Frau Schmidt "Fraulein Maria" or did I imagine that?

mikem Profile Photo
mikem
#83Live Blog The Live Sound Of Music
Posted: 12/5/13 at 8:43pm

Carrie's acting is not great, but good enough not to bring the whole thing down too far (at least for me). And she's very likable and wants us to like her. I didn't think much of her on American Idol, but I'm rooting for her here.

I didn't realize until it started how technically difficult this is, to have the mix of close ups and farther camera shots added into the general challenge of putting on a show. Kudos to the director and cameramen.

The "live" aspect definitely adds to the experience. I really hope this show gets great ratings and they do a live musical every year.

"What was the name of that cheese that I like?" "you can't run away forever...but there's nothing wrong with getting a good head start" "well I hope and I pray, that maybe someday, you'll walk in the room with my heart"

KathyNYC2
#84Live Blog The Live Sound Of Music
Posted: 12/5/13 at 8:43pm

"I agree with KathyNYC2, I thought there was going to be an audience. But I'm loving it."

Well I didn't expect an audience..but I realize how much I am missing their reactions as we watch this. But I am enjoying it also.

I think I will enjoy it more the second time watching - the "live" performance is making me tense..LOL

The commercials are a little disconcerting...the last one just overlapped the end of the scene. A nice "couple of seconds" break might help but that's not happening.

disneybroadwayfan22 Profile Photo
disneybroadwayfan22
#85Live Blog The Live Sound Of Music
Posted: 12/5/13 at 8:44pm

Rolfe is wayyyyyy too old

Gothampc
#86Live Blog The Live Sound Of Music

That Rolf is too old to be wearing hotpants.

If anyone ever tells you that you put too much Parmesan cheese on your pasta, stop talking to them. You don't need that kind of negativity in your life.

Emobacca2
#87Live Blog The Live Sound Of Music

This has been heavily promoted and Carrie Underwood is very popular. There is no way that this isn't a ratings monster.

BwayTday Profile Photo
BwayTday
#88Live Blog The Live Sound Of Music
Posted: 12/5/13 at 8:45pm

I actually find Carrie Underwood pretty endearing so far. I mean, she clearly cares so so much about it and really eases up during the singing.

ucjrdude902 Profile Photo
ucjrdude902
#89Live Blog The Live Sound Of Music

Well hello Rolf.

KathyNYC2
#90Live Blog The Live Sound Of Music

I thought they would dye Rolf's hair a lighter color. Weird.. Nice voice though.

Sutton Ross Profile Photo
Sutton Ross
#91Live Blog The Live Sound Of Music
Posted: 12/5/13 at 8:46pm

Why is Rolfe 40? This is SO CREEPY.

morosco Profile Photo
morosco
#92Live Blog The Live Sound Of Music
Posted: 12/5/13 at 8:46pm

I don't know the stage version very well. Is this word for word the stage script or have some of the scenes been streamlined by cutting lines or business?

Liza's Headband
#93Live Blog The Live Sound Of Music
Posted: 12/5/13 at 8:47pm

Kathy, I agree. I was expecting to see the SOM logo for a couple seconds before and after each commercial break; almost similar to the Saturday Night Live broadcasts. Lets the piece breathe a little bit more and get us in and out of that final "moment." Too bad.

broadwaybabytn Profile Photo
broadwaybabytn
#94Live Blog The Live Sound Of Music
Posted: 12/5/13 at 8:48pm

Out in the woods with Rolf's 30-year-old creeper face, this plays like "Hello, Little Girl."
I like Leisl (sp?), though I don't love her voice.

HBP Profile Photo
HBP
#95Live Blog The Live Sound Of Music
Posted: 12/5/13 at 8:48pm

With this lighting, choreography and age difference, Rolf is reminding me more of the Wolf in Into the Woods than a 17-year-old Austrian boy.

Edit: Beat me to it, broadwaybabytn! Updated On: 12/5/13 at 08:48 PM

NYadgal Profile Photo
NYadgal
#96Live Blog The Live Sound Of Music
Posted: 12/5/13 at 8:50pm

The technical aspects of this are remarkable.

I'm not understanding the casting choice for Rolf. He seems too old. But, his voice is wonderful.

Oh my gosh, these SETS! Heaven!!

"Two drifters off to see the world. There's such a lot of world to see. . ."

TheOldRedHillsOfHome Profile Photo
TheOldRedHillsOfHome
#97Live Blog The Live Sound Of Music

@morosco: I have been following along with my script of the stage version, yes, I know...it's weird, but it has been word for word thus far!

followspot Profile Photo
followspot
#98Live Blog The Live Sound Of Music

ROLF
ROFL

"Tracy... Hold Mama's waffles."

Sutton Ross Profile Photo
Sutton Ross
#99Live Blog The Live Sound Of Music

He is only 22 but he looks a lot older. She is 20.