Will there be a Hedwig and the Angry Inch BRC album- Page 2

Will there be a Hedwig and the Angry Inch BRC album

IdinaBellFoster Profile Photo
IdinaBellFoster
#25Will there be a Hedwig and the Angry Inch BRC album
Posted: 5/29/14 at 6:45pm

Ask and ye shall receive
Out July 1st

"Oh look at the time, three more intelligent plays just closed and THE ADDAMS FAMILY made another million dollars" -Jackie Hoffman, Broadway.com Audience Awards

carlodowd Profile Photo
carlodowd
#26Will there be a Hedwig and the Angry Inch BRC album
Posted: 5/30/14 at 2:48am

Yes!! It is gonna be amazing!

binau Profile Photo
binau
#27Will there be a Hedwig and the Angry Inch BRC album
Posted: 5/30/14 at 2:58am

"One more thought: it's becoming increasingly popular for shows to record their own albums (spend their own money) and just use a record company to release/distribute the album"

Is it ever NOT the case that this is how cast recordings are produced these days?

"You can't overrate Bernadette Peters. She is such a genius. There's a moment in "Too Many Mornings" and Bernadette doing 'I wore green the last time' - It's a voice that is just already given up - it is so sorrowful. Tragic. You can see from that moment the show is going to be headed into such dark territory and it hinges on this tiny throwaway moment of the voice." - Ben Brantley (2022) "Bernadette's whole, stunning performance [as Rose in Gypsy] galvanized the actors capable of letting loose with her. Bernadette's Rose did take its rightful place, but too late, and unseen by too many who should have seen it" Arthur Laurents (2009) "Sondheim's own favorite star performances? [Bernadette] Peters in ''Sunday in the Park,'' Lansbury in ''Sweeney Todd'' and ''obviously, Ethel was thrilling in 'Gypsy.'' Nytimes, 2000

mjohnson2 Profile Photo
mjohnson2
#28Will there be a Hedwig and the Angry Inch BRC album
Posted: 5/30/14 at 3:23am

In very rare instances, a record label will come to a show because they want to record it, such as with Decca and the Addams Family.

Anything regarding shows stated by this account is an attempt to convey opinion and not fact.

mjohnson2 Profile Photo
mjohnson2
#29Will there be a Hedwig and the Angry Inch BRC album
Posted: 5/30/14 at 3:23am

In very rare instances, a record label will come to a show because they want to record it, such as with Decca and the Addams Family.

Anything regarding shows stated by this account is an attempt to convey opinion and not fact.

Wee Thomas2 Profile Photo
Wee Thomas2
#30Will there be a Hedwig and the Angry Inch BRC album
Posted: 5/30/14 at 7:49am

So NPH lied to me on Sunday?

That's fine. I'll be down front 4th of July weekend, I'll come up with something

Will there be a Hedwig and the Angry Inch BRC album

rlb237
#31Will there be a Hedwig and the Angry Inch BRC album
Posted: 5/30/14 at 9:31am

Yay! Just read this news myself this morning on another site. I'm so excited to get my hands on a copy of this!

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#32Will there be a Hedwig and the Angry Inch BRC album
Posted: 5/30/14 at 10:57am

"So NPH lied to me on Sunday?"

I don't think honoring an agreement to not talk about it before a certain date is considered lying. But having told you would have been leaking.

FindingNamo
#33Will there be a Hedwig and the Angry Inch BRC album
Posted: 5/30/14 at 11:04am

THIS IS MORE EGREGIOUS THAN THE SIGNATURE STAMP.

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#34Will there be a Hedwig and the Angry Inch BRC album
Posted: 5/30/14 at 11:12am

I'm starting to think these actors don't really care about me.

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

Wee Thomas2 Profile Photo
Wee Thomas2
#35Will there be a Hedwig and the Angry Inch BRC album
Posted: 5/30/14 at 4:16pm

Finally, someone here gets me.

another sloe eyed vamp Profile Photo
another sloe eyed vamp
#36Will there be a Hedwig and the Angry Inch BRC album
Posted: 5/31/14 at 11:56am

It's too bad one of the companies that concentrates on cast recordings, like Sh-K-Boom or PS Classics, didn't get it, but I'm glad it's coming out.

jacobsnchz14 Profile Photo
jacobsnchz14
#37Will there be a Hedwig and the Angry Inch BRC album
Posted: 5/31/14 at 12:34pm

Maybe there's some sort of agreement with Atlantic because didn't they release the other Hedwig recordings?

#38Will there be a Hedwig and the Angry Inch BRC album
Posted: 5/31/14 at 6:44pm

^ That's exactly right. The show had a bunch of offers but Atlantic had an option to match any other label's deal, which they chose to exercise.

Updated On: 5/31/14 at 06:44 PM

averagebwaynut Profile Photo
averagebwaynut
#39Will there be a Hedwig and the Angry Inch BRC album
Posted: 6/3/14 at 1:30am

And on the heels of last week's press release, we now have this to tantalize us...

https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/hedwig-angry-inch-original/id884422505

I like the two excerpted samples -- but I also love the show in general, this production of the show specifically and have been so looking forward to the CD. So I'm markedly biased. Still...very exciting.

"No matter how much you want the part, never let 'em see you sweat." -- Old Dry Idea commercial

thirtythirtyninety Profile Photo
thirtythirtyninety
#40Will there be a Hedwig and the Angry Inch BRC album
Posted: 6/3/14 at 8:00am

wow, sounds great. Can't wait to see this on Saturday!

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#41Will there be a Hedwig and the Angry Inch BRC album
Posted: 6/3/14 at 8:16am

I love that they recorded the Hurt Locker song.

Kinda wish "Random Number Generation" was on there, but ah well.

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

macnyc Profile Photo
macnyc
#42Will there be a Hedwig and the Angry Inch BRC album
Posted: 6/3/14 at 9:09am

Sugar Daddy is so different! Not country at all. I wonder when the pre-order is over, on July 1, we'll be able to purchase individual songs on iTunes.

Updated On: 6/3/14 at 09:09 AM

Sutton Ross Profile Photo
Sutton Ross
#43Will there be a Hedwig and the Angry Inch BRC album
Posted: 6/10/14 at 3:24pm

Buzzfeed just released the whole album for us to enjoy on Soundcloud!

Hedwig Album